Always Us

By LilFluffy419

One shots of Spencer James and Olivia Baker mostly taking place in their adult lives. More

welcome home
morning buns
missed facetimes
happy birthday
anxious thoughts
daddy duties
locked out
championship high
honeymoon bliss
game on
twenty-four hours
tiny dancer
terrible two's
full house
coach james
mile high
stress relief
merry christmas
pretty lights
dinner chaos
temper tantrum
broken records
broken records pt. ii
night interrupted
boredom bites
childs play
home alone
snack break
balcony breakfast
big bank
happy wife
crisis control
malibu canyons
take care
pesky plans
6am lectures
pool days
new roommate
open practice
the newlyweds
attention hogs
family reunion
heavy mind
big milestones
midnight snack
time capsule
minor adjustments
field trip
worlds apart
date night
off season
wedding season
welcome home pt. ii
no boys
boys day
the agreement
not toys
bad news
sick snuggles
never alone
newspaper camp
hang up
early mornings
bedtime routines
press conference
becoming official
family business pt. i
family business pt. ii
united front
mini me pt. i
mini me pt. ii
mini me pt. iii
almost midnight
her happiness
breakup interlude
mr. handyman
evening stroll
valentine's day
everyday moments
runaway love
sister's keeper
good enough
slow sundays
at 3:35am
brown eyes
surprise surprise
spring break
young lovers
stolen memories
for you
home bound
home bound pt. ii
happy birthday pt. ii
stage five
stage five pt. ii
olivia's favorite
all nighter
sister's keeper pt. ii
big deal
study marathon
sit still
championship high pt. ii
team player
surprise visit
sunday afternoon
secret keepers
first game
holiday party
separation preparation
baby woes
first born
going slow
snack break pt. ii
chance encounters
utter confusion
morning champ
another one
harsh realities
back home
drunken consequences
husbandly duties

another woman

3.6K 72 19
By LilFluffy419

"I caught him in her bed again," Olivia whispered into the phone as she paced around the kitchen.

"Uh oh," Simone sighed.

"I'm so over this, Simone," Olivia kept going. As she walked by the hallway, she peered around the corner to make sure no one could overhear her.

"Maybe you should try talking to him about it," Simone suggested.

"I've already brought it up to him, and he's just like 'I can't help myself,'" Olivia replied, using a mocking tone to imitate her husband. "And this isn't even the first time."

"I don't know," Simone tried to be patient. "You gotta do something because these daily calls are not going to fix anything."

"Ugh, I'm just so over it. It didn't used to be like this," Olivia sat down as she reminisced on the beginning of her marriage. Before Spencer started entertaining other women. Thinking about how things have changed over the last few years, her tone got worried again, "do you remember last time?"

"Liv, you're being dramatic."

"You don't get it Simone. You've never had this happen to you. Last night, I woke up to pee and he wasn't in bed. That's like the third time this week."

Simone was over Olivia's paranoia, but she tried to be understanding. "You're right, I don't. That's why I'm telling you. talk. to. Spencer."

"You think it'll ever be the same again?" Olivia questioned, choosing to ignore Simone's sound suggestions.

"Eventually, sure," Simone replied, her voice now void of all emotion. "Alright Liv, your time is up for today. Go talk about your nonproblem with someone else. Bye."

"But -" Olivia started, but Simone had already hung up.

"So much for 'I'll always be a listening ear,'" Olivia mumbled to herself as she returned to the plates she had been prepping before she decided to call Simone.

Olivia knew she was being a little overdramatic, but deep down her feelings were hurt. She had always been Spencer's main focus. Through high school, college, and the beginning of their marriage, she was his top priority. It stung to have that taken away from her.

When she finished assembling the snacks, she took a deep breath and headed to the playroom. There she found Spencer laying on his side, his elbow propping him up so that he could still interact with the kids.

In front of him sat the culprit, her tiny fingers poking at his pursed lips. Approaching them, Olivia squatted to hand her daughter her afternoon snack.

"Here, baby. Mommy brought you a snack," Olivia smiled.

"No," Gianna shook her head, refusing to take the cereal puffs from Olivia, "daddy, gib to me."

Sighing, Olivia handed the bowl to Spencer who looked at her apologetically before handing it over to his youngest daughter.

Olivia didn't understand. The first two had stuck to her like glue, but the twins were different. The twins had started out the same way, but the older they got, the more they seemed to drift towards Spencer. Particularly Gianna.

Gianna had been extra attached to him ever since the parents decided that it was time for her and Caleb to move into their big girl and big boy beds. Since last Sunday, it seemed like every other day Gianna would come into their room in the middle of the night and wake Spencer up to stay with her. He would try to escape quietly so that he didn't wake Olivia up, but she would eventually stir when she rolled into the empty space beside her. And even though she had gotten used to sleeping alone when he was away for games, it felt different knowing that he was in the house.

____________

After dinner that night, Spencer cleaned up the kitchen while Olivia lounged in the living room with the kids. She and Sienna had recently gotten into watching Cake Boss reruns after the eleven year old started baking with her dad.

While the episode played, Caleb and Gianna played together on the rug. Luckily for Spencer and Olivia, the twins were two peas in a pod, so fights between them were minimal.

On the far end of the couch, Jackson sat reading his book. Though his toddler days had been chaotic, he had mellowed out over the years.

Once Spencer was done with the dishes, he came into the living room to join his family. Seeing her husband approach, Olivia shifted so that he could lay his head in her lap.

"No!" Gianna yelled just as Spencer wrapped his arm around Olivia's waist. Dropping her dolls, she ran over to the couch to squeeze herself between her mom and dad. Not about to get into a physical altercation with her two year old, Olivia scooted closer to Sienna as Gianna wriggled her way under Spencer's head.

For the rest of the evening, Gianna patted Spencer's head, mimicking the affection she was used to seeing between her parents. Every once in a while, she would look over at Olivia before returning her attention to Spencer.

After getting abandoned by his twin, Caleb eventually got bored and crawled into his mother's lap. When eyes started drooping, the parents carried the twins while shuffling the older two up the stairs. To save time, they split ways to get everyone into bed.

"You got in without me?" Spencer asked when he came into the room and found Olivia already sitting under the covers.

"Wasn't sure how long you'd be," she replied softly, looking up from her book. The tone of his voice brought a small smile to her face. He was so cute when he was disappointed.

While he got ready for bed, she watched him change into his sleep shorts and thought over her conversation with Simone. Deep down, she knew Simone was right and that she just needed to express her needs to Spencer. She was just finding it difficult because she never had to outwardly ask for affection from Spencer. The physical touch had always just been there.

"I miss you," Olivia admitted when Spencer scooted in next to her.

"I'm right here," Spencer held his hand out to her.

"I know," she sighed, intertwining her fingers with his. "It's just with Gianna being extra clingy this week, I feel like we haven't gotten to spend as much time together. I miss your touch."

"Come here, girl," Spencer pulled Olivia onto him so that she was straddling his hips, "you know you're always gonna be my number one, right?"

"I know. I think we just need to come up with a plan to get her to act more independently because I'd like to have my husband back." Her fingers traced patterns on his shirtless chest as her voice got low, "we can't really have much fun if we're constantly expecting visitors every night."

"I can follow a plan," Spencer smirked as he started to pull her silk nightie over her head.

____________

Hours later, Olivia stirred when she felt Spencer carefully scoot out of the bed. She turned quietly to see him picking up Gianna before leaving the room.

In Gianna's room, Spencer lowered her into her bed and pulled her blankets up to her chest.

"There's nothing to be scared of, baby girl," Spencer tried to sooth her back to sleep.

"Daddy sleep with GiGi." She wrapped her hand around his finger, seemingly under the impression that she had the strength to hold him hostage.

"Daddy has to sleep with mommy," Spencer crouched down to talk to Gianna at her level. "Look at SiSi, Jax, and Caleb. They sleep in their big kid beds, and they're not scared. Didn't Jackson check under the bed for you before you went to sleep?"

"Yea," she nodded slowly, her eyelids heavy.

"And Teddy is here to protect you, right?" he pointed at her favorite stuffed animal.

"Yea," she barely got out.

"And mommy and daddy would never let anything hurt you, okay?" he whispered as she rolled over towards the wall with her Teddy tight in her arms. "I love you, GiGi." He adjusted her blankets to make sure she'd stay covered throughout the night.

After making sure she was asleep for good, Spencer returned to his bedroom.

"Hm, wasn't expecting you back," Olivia looked over her shoulder at him.

"I followed the plan. I just told her like it is," he responded proudly.

"And?"

"She tried to use the puppy dog eyes on me," Spencer's shoulders dropped as he remembered the look on his daughter's face.

"These?" she pouted, looking up at him through her lashes. The dim light from their alarm clock cast a glow on her face.

"Exactly those," he laughed, sliding back into the bed. "But then I remembered that I have the world's most beautiful," he leaned over and kissed her neck, "sexy," his lips dragged up behind her ear, "incredible woman waiting for me in bed."

His arm wrapped tight around her waist as he pulled her against him. As he continued his attack on her neck, he pushed his thigh between her legs, needing to feel like they were one. Olivia's fingers caressed his arms as she hummed under his touch. Nothing else mattered when she was in his arms.

Except the knocking on their bedroom door.

"She'll go away," Spencer whispered as he nestled his head into her neck.

"Mommy?" Gianna's cry came through the crack under the door. Olivia's heart broke at the sound of her daughter.

"No, no, no," Spencer tried to hold onto her as she swung her legs off the bed.

"She needs me," Olivia shook her head. She was already opening the door when Spencer groaned and turned onto his back.

A teary-eyed Gianna sat on the floor, her teddy under one arm while the other reached up for Olivia.

"Come here, baby girl," Olivia bent down to pick her up. "It's okay, mommy's here," she gently rubbed her back as her daughter's head rested on her shoulder. "Were you scared again?" she asked as she headed towards the youngest girl's room.

"Mhm," Gianna nodded against her neck.

"Don't worry. Mommy will stay with you," she tucked Gianna back in before squeezing herself onto the edge of the twin bed. Once they were both situated, Gianna immediately cuddled up against her.

As she lay there stroking her baby girl's curls, Spencer walked up to the doorway. "You just gonna leave me? I thought we had a plan."

"Shhh," Olivia hushed, focusing on her daughter falling back asleep next to her.

"I'll let this one slide," Spencer tried to play it off, "but don't think I'll be so nice next time."

"Okay, whatever you say," Olivia whispered.

After returning to the room, Spencer tossed and turned in their bed trying to find a comfortable spot. When he couldn't fall asleep, he decided to take matters into his own hands.

"You sleep where I sleep, woman," Spencer whispered loudly as he marched back into Gianna's room. Not giving Olivia a chance to reply, he slid his arms under her knees and back, scooping her up off of the bed. He took one last look at Gianna then he carried Olivia back to their room.

"New plan," he announced as he lay her down, getting onto the bed and hovering over her. "No leaving."

"I can get with that," Olivia nodded, bring her hands to his face to pull him down for a long and slow kiss.

____________

Love their soft and needy side 🥺

Hopefully you guys like these type of one shots! Originally the stories were all supposed to be independent of each other, but it's fun to write this imaginary family I made up for them soooo I hope you like them, too

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.5K 2K 45
Spencer James moves from the comfort of his own home to chase his dream of becoming an actor. Along the way, he meets people that will change his lif...
18.8K 880 28
Two college students from two different sides of the country, Olivia Baker and Spencer James meet in the most unlikely way, which makes their budding...
16.9K 491 40
Olivia and Spencer has always love each other and their son, but their relationship has never been easy.
69.3K 1.5K 46
Olivia Baker is a successful business owner. She also helps Football players keep their finance, contracts and life on track. she's everything anyone...