Building Virtues [Completed✔]

By PiscesPleasure

They say chastity is a virtue, but virtues are just old antiquated rules put in place to keep girls virgins b... More

Copyrights and Expectations
Alpha Luna
When in Rome
The Havens
Lost his Luna
To Be Determined
She-Wolves
Disrespect
Shocked
A Good Time
Forever Mate
Forbidden Juices
Garden of Eden
Run Errands
Grocery Store
Quietly
Pet Name
Festival
Spend the Night
Make it Worse
Chance
Make Up
Separate Ways
Sick to her Stomach
Vanished
Deep Exhale
Will Ever Know
Bitter Sorrow
Wolf Glory and Heartache
Bubble of Bliss
Good Faith and Moonlight
More at Home
Hands to Themselves
Meeting of the Minds
Mi Amor
Different Reasons
Shot Clock
When
Pride & Admiration
The Main Event
Waging War
Rogue
Save Her
Into Eternal Darkness
Building Virtues

Perfect Opportunity

329 31 31
By PiscesPleasure

After eating, Eden waves the girls back over and forces the guys to make room for them. Going over the fine details of the women empowerment festival Eden, Denise, and Dahlia have a blast laughing and joking around. Even working in the plans for a few speed date events that Eden named "Mate Mixers". It's to invite other pack singles over, in hope of helping the wolves find their mates.

As they talk about mates, Dahlia can't keep her eyes off of Nico. And to be honest it's almost like you can hear her wolf crying out for his. As they come to a close with the festival details, more of the pack realize that their new luna is in the diner and begin surrounding the table. They even start filing in off of the street from walking by and catching a glimpse of the commotion.

"OK so we're gonna do a little impromptu meet and greet! So as to make the most of you guys' time and as a thank you for coming in to welcome me! Oh my gosh this is gonna be soo fun!" Clapping and stomping her feet gleefully, Eden sits at the front bar stools of the diner.

"OK so ask away!"

"So it's true you are like an Alpha-Luna?!"

"Yep! Only the second one in 500 years!"

"So what special abilities do you have that other wolves don't?!"

"Well for starters, even though I have a normal human figure, I'm larger than all other she-wolves. I run faster than most wolves, period. I heal quicker. See further. Hear better. Smell better. Any of the five senses you name 'em mine are stronger. Not in a bragging way it was just made that way to protect my pack in the chance that the alpha male is gone. But I also can heal others through touch. Mostly in my wolf form, but a bit in human form too. In wolf form my saliva is poisonous. And in human form I have a burning effect to my tears. So I try not to cry to much!" Laughing Eden continues answering the barrage of questions and all the while Rome watches her in amazement.

"What's your wolf's name?"

"Nile! And she's amazing! She's big and white and fluffy with a platinum streak down her back like a skunk! Only Alpha-Luna wolves are dual colored. And her eyes are this sparkling amethyst purple! Ahh, she's so beautiful. But she's stubborn and challenges me and I love her so much!"

"Awwwww!"

"Guuuyyyssss!" Covering her blushing face, Eden is truly enjoying her time spent with her new pack.

"How was it leaving home for you?!"

"Well I've left home a lot. Traveling the world to meet with other packs for architectural contracts, but leaving for good was super hard. Um, knowing that I only got to spend 20 years with my birth pack and the rest of my life I'll be away from them was a huge eye opener. I was definitely nervous. Cause I want to be liked, but more importantly I wanna make a great impression and leave a meaningful mark on my pack members and the pack legacy. And I knew that would be kinda hard because you guys did your right of passage for your new alpha five years ago and I was just starting college then. So the idea that I would just have to fall into line and not be able to make an impact was a little disheartening for me."

Listening to Eden voice her fears of coming to a new pack, his pack, finally helps Rome and Legend see why Eden has had her guard up so high.

"What about you and alpha?! When are you going to do the mate ceremony?!"

"Uh, supposed to be the fourth full moon cycle."

"Wow, that's soon! Less than four months!"

"Yep."

"So will you guys become soulmates after the ceremony?"

"Umm, who knows?! There hasn't been an Alpha-Luna in 500 years so I don't think there's anybody around to tell us what happened afterwards! I know wolves usually live a good 300 years or so. But not 500!"

"Way to dodge that!" Snickering, Nile gets a kick out of Eden's answer.

"And babies?! When can we expect a little heir, well besides Brooklyn?!" An older she-wolf asks.

"A while."
"As soon as possible."

Eden and Rome speak over each other. Whipping around she stares at him. He hasn't said anything this whole time, but decides to give his unwanted, unnecessary two cents now. On the subject of a baby out of all things?! So now to make it seem like they're on one accord she has to clean that up. Even if it is a false answer.

"What we mean is anything is possible! We're still getting to learn each other so if the sooner the better, then great! Or in a while that could be great too! We'll just see what the moon goddess decides!"

"Awww!"

"Bruh, E the goat! She's a keeper!"

"I know, Is. I'm really realizing that."

"OK, everybody one last question! I love this and wish we could do it all day, you guys are amazing and I feel so welcomed! So let's make it a good last question!"

Pointing at a random she-wolf, Eden begins wrapping it up.

"What do you think of alpha already having a daughter?"

"Wow Terry, seriously?! You so damn petty!" Snapping at her, Dahlia is pissed.

"Uh, it's OK Dahlia. I'm sure everyone wanted to know. Well honestly it's gonna be an adjustment. I've only ever met her once and I think she's gorgeous, well mannered, and going to grow up to be an amazing little she-wolf. But like everyone else I hope to make a great impression on her and that we can create a really good bond. Family is extremely important to me."

As the large crowd claps and thanks her for her time, Eden really feels like she's part of the pack already.

"Lil Luna! You killed that shit!" Dapping her up, Israel picks her up and spins her around. "That's why you're in the crew, E!"

"You did a dope ass job, E!" Nico salutes her.

"Even though you were too lazy to give us nicknames, we rock witchu heavy, E!" Dom and Jay come over and hug her. 

"Guyyyyyyyyys?! Really?!" Overly excited she squeals and dances.

"Yerp!" All sounding off simultaneously, they give her their stamp

of approval.

"Uh, you did an amazing job, Eden. I really think they appreciate you taking your time to get to know them and let them really get to know the real you. It was extremely impressive."

"Not bad for a drunk, naked party girl, huh?!" Smirking at Rome, she almost seems playful. "No, but for real thank you I appreciate the compliment. And they're really a great pack so far."

As the group splits up outside, Rome pulls Eden to the side.

"Do you mind riding home with me?"

"Do you swear to keep your hands to yourself?"

"Yes. I will. I won't grab your face like that. I apologize."

"Alright. Issy?!"

"Sup, lil lady?!"

"I'm gonna go with Rome, ok?"

"Swerd! Catch y'all later!"

Watching the boys pile into Israel's car, Eden watches Rome open the door for her. As she climbs in and snaps in, she takes a deep calming breath.

"I just need to know, the stuff you said about Brooklyn, did you me-?"

"Yes. Look Rome, I give you a lot of shit about it because it means that you were sloppy while sleeping with other people. I give you shit about it because like the council of elders said it's the first time in 500 years that something like that has happened and it just so happens to be with my future alpha. So am I salty about that, absolutely 100%, yes. Am I a little embarrassed? Yes. Am I hurt? A little, because arranged or not I'm supposed to be the only woman to birth your pups and you took that honor from me three years before I even had the chance. I am not mad or have ill feelings towards Brooklyn. I really do believe she is one of the most gorgeous children I've ever seen and I do hope to be able to bond with her; to build a wonderful loving relationship. But I won't lie and say I look forward to dealing with any issues pertaining to her mother. I don't look forward to having any type of racial issues with her being that she's white, I'm black, y'alls child is mixed, and our pups will more than likely be browner skinned. I'm 23 Rome, so no I wasn't expecting any of that kind of responsibility on top of the pack responsibilities I'll have. On top of the wifely duties I have to learn. So now to be a stepmother, I'm tripped out about that. And you being so aggressive doesn't help because as you can see I have an attitude of my own. And like I said, it is a business deal, but not all business deals are bad. Some business deals flourish to more, way beyond just professional, if you let it happen naturally."

Seeing the change in his posture at her statement, Eden smirks and shakes her head.

"Are we trying to have an open mind?!"

"Oh hush, Nile."

"So would you be open to spending more time with me? Like getting to know each other? I mean even if it's just asking questions and getting to know each other like you just did with the pack members?"

"Yes, I would actually like that. To be honest I didn't like you before I even found out about Brooklyn."

"What?!" Absolutely astonished, Rome laughs loudly.

"Yeah, I didn't hear the best things about you so I was over you before I met you!" Covering her face, Eden laughs in embarrassment.

"Well shit! So finding out about Brook really sealed my fate?!"

"Yeah it did! After that I was like hell no, he must be exactly what everyone says. Plus the little shitty stunt you pulled with not even introducing yourself to me!"

"Yeah that seemed really douche bag-ish, but honestly I was with Brooklyn and was extremely nervous about you finding out about her and y'all meeting. So I figured I'd do it all at once and in retrospect it was a horrible decision."

"Seeeeee?! Now it makes sense, but then it was like ewww he's a pompous jackass!"

"I'm sorry! I really am!"

"I forgive you. I was serious about that, even though I can't stand my dad right now, family is extremely important. So I can understand you being overly protective of your baby."

"Thank you. And I'm sorry my family secret came between you and your father."

"He's a grown up. He could have told me or my mother for that matter. So it's nobody's fault but his. But you love her a lot don't you?"

"Eden, she's my world. To be honest I was devastated when her mother told me that she was pregnant, but that first ultrasound I just fell in love. Boy or girl I knew that baby would be my life."

"That's really admirable. So her mother?"

"What about her?" Peaking over at her he waits for her question.

"What is your relationship? Were you a couple? A fling? Good blood? Bad blood? What's up with y'all?"

"We dated when I was in college. She's a couple years younger than me. It wasn't supposed to be what it was, so I had to end it. I dipped back and fucked up."

"Why couldn't it be?" Knowing the answer, Eden wants to see if he's going to be honest. She wants to see if there is anything promising between the two of them.

"Well for one you and I were already arranged. So I knew it could go nowhere. For two her parents aren't necessarily the most open minded about interacial relationships, so again that was a major issue. And we just have different upbringings."

"Meaning?"

"My life is too complicated to try and intertwine her with it."

"Mmmm, mmhm." Realizing he has no intentions of telling her that she's human, Eden holds onto that atomic bomb for later. And she doesn't fail to realize that he managed to skirt around telling her about their current relationship and interactions. But again Eden will sit back, observe, and wait and see. And she will continue to be guarded with someone that is guarded with her.

"What's that answer for?"

"Nothing. I just didn't know any of that. That's all."

"Alright so this is a good start, right?"

"Yes. It's good."

"So when would you like to meet Brooklyn? Like really meet her?"

"Umm, whenever is fine. I don't wanna rush her cause she's little. So I'm ok with it whenever. Speaking of that, who has her more?"

"Usually me."

"That's different, how come?" Again knowing the answer, Eden wants to see how he wiggles out of this one. She knows it's because pups can display involuntary wolf features and attributes as their wolves and human counterparts learn to coexist in one body. So with her mother being human, if Brooklyn has a wolf, there would be no way to explain that to her human grandparents.

"It's just easier with the racial issue and her mother's parents being so closed minded."

"Mm, ok."

"What, Eden? You seem bothered?"

"No, I just wanted to know why you were almost a single father. That's all."

"Yeah, I mean Blake loves Brooklyn, but me being alpha and raising Brooklyn just suits her better."

"Oh ok. Well I'm gonna go work on the festival that I want to get off the ground. But it was nice having breakfast with you and talking to you."

"You too. I'll see you later, maybe?"

"Maybe." Nodding, Eden gets out of his truck and heads inside.

"I'm so proud of you, Edee! You were so open minded and amazing!"

"And you're too open off that little conversation, Nile. He may not have lied outright, but he definitely lied by omission. Like I'm tired of this man thinking it's ok to keep blind siding me with his foul ass secrets! And for some reason I think he still has a thing for his little snow bunny."

"Edee! That's so mean to say!" Laughing, Nile can't even chastise her properly. "No, but you're right and I understand. It's just nice to be around his wolf though!"

"Nile, no just no! You are being thirsty right now!"

"I know! But moon goddess that wolf's aura is just, ahhhh!"

"Eww! Don't moan!" Laughing, Eden puts on a comfortable t-shirt dress and begins sketching up the layout of the festival.

Completely lost in her work, Eden doesn't realize just how much time has passed since she and Rome's conversation. Not even realizing a whole month and a half has sped by since her first weekend there. Sitting at her desk, she feels a presence at her door. Turning around she sees Rome standing there with Brooklyn.

"Hi."

Smiling awkwardly, she pushes away from her desk to walk towards them.

"Hiiiiii! Daddy iss pwetty lady again!"

"Yeah, mama it's Eden."

"Hi ladybug. How are you?! Don't you look so pretty in your flower dress!"

"Tank you! I yikes ya dress too! You wanna go eats?! I so hungy and wants mac-a-cheese! You wants some?!"

"Haha, calm down Brook. Give Eden a minute."

"It's ok, Rome. Yes please! Can I go eat mac and cheese with you?!"

"Unh-huh! A'mon! Buts you has a cook cause daddy cookin is eww asgustin!"

"Alright little mama. To the kitchen!"

As Brooklyn drops Rome's hand she swiftly replaces it with Eden's. Watching them skip down the hall towards the stairs for the kitchen, warms his heart.

"She really is the epitome of wife material and a true luna."

"Yeah she really is."

"Soooo when do you plan on telling her?"

"Telling her what?"

"Uhh, the real reason that we have Brooklyn! That she's half human! Or you and Blake's real relationship that you two still fuck around?!"

"I will tell her, Legend! But we've actually  been having good ass, real ass, civil ass discussions. I'm actually getting to know her beyond that nasty ass attitude and slick ass mouth of hers!"

"Yeah, but you also heard her fear of being homesick, with a man that she didn't really know, having to overcome issues with Blake's ass, and being a stepmother! During y'alls first conversation. But little does she know her stepdaughter is half human, and her mother fucks her father every chance she gets! What are you thinking?! You had the perfect opportunity!" 

________________

Thoughts?🐺
💗A.J

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8M 139K 56
Lauren is in trouble. BIG trouble. She found her mate - and he ISN'T her sweet, long-term, long-distance boyfriend. He's an Alpha. Can you blame a gi...
2.9M 27.1K 13
⚠️MATURE READERS ONLY⚠️ DARK ROMANCE ⚠️ "What shall I do now that I have seized my prey?" He questions me, voice sonorous and husky whilst he inhales...
5.1K 231 33
Running. Escaping. My whole life had turned into a never-ending chase. A chase which the opponent had caught up to THIS VERY MOMENT. After I met HI...
500K 6.3K 16
To read the full book please see the info below: What a wild ride this has been with almost half a million reads! However, It is now time for me to e...