In Silence (Book 2) || Loki X...

By KatLovesFictionalMen

This the the second book of the series. If you haven't read the first one....what are you still doing here?!?! More

Chapter 1: Who are you?
Chapter 2: Where are you going?
Chapter 3: I am back
Chapter 4: Memories and Visions
Chapter 5: The mission
Chapter 6: Sokovia
Chapter 7: Back in action
Chapter 8: Make a choice
Chapter 9: S.H.I.E.L.D
Chapter 11: The new base
Chapter 12: Date night
Chapter 13: Plan puppy
Chapter 14: And then you had a plan
Chapter 15: The new plan
Chapter 16: It's time
Chapter 17: And then the spell started
Chapter 18: An unexpected meetup
Chapter 19: A sudden turn of events
Chapter 20: Just you and me
Chapter 21: Back to the world of the living
Chapter 22: Please, wake up
Chapter 23: Almost
Chapter 24: Better than okay
Chapter 25: Keep them safe
Chapter 26: An interesting phone call
Chapter 27: I'm coming
Chapter 28: Because I changed
Chapter 29: The final exam
Chapter 30: We need to talk
Chapter 31: The end of and era
Chapter 32: A big decision
Chapter 33: This is not a goodbye
Author's Note

Chapter 10: The final part of the plan

802 31 13
By KatLovesFictionalMen

The fight was quite intense but you were not one bit worried. Being part of the action after three years of inactivity was really the best felling in the world. You swang your sword around and killed three robots at once and at some points you even had to use some magic. The truth was that the fight was almost over and if Frey was going to come out at any point maybe this was the best time for her to do so.

Although you were not that sure she was going to make an appearance after all. Three years now you had complete control over your body and that made you stronger and more connected to it and your magic as well. Maybe this was the answer after all. Maybe all you needed was some alone time with your body. Maybe when this mission was over you would be able to get Frey out in no time.

Anyway, this was not the time to think about that. You had to focus on protecting the core or else everything would be over.

The fight against the Ultron-bots became more and more intense by the second. Everyone gave everything they had to protect the core and in the end you were doing quite well. None of the robots had managed to even get close to the core and that was good news.

When, after a while, the fight seemed to be getting over and you coming out as the winners Ultron could not let it happen. He quickly flew into the shuttered building to attack you but Vision stopped him. They fought violently over your head for a few seconds but Vision seemed to have the upper hand. When Ultron tossed him to the only wall left standing, Vision shot a yellow lazer out of his head and led Ultron out of the temple.

Almost all the robots were laying dead on you feet by now and then Thor and Tony followed Vision and Ultron's fight outside outside. You tried to catch your breath when Wanda and Pietro finished the last two robots standing. Of course you knew that there were more to come but for the moment you could take a few minutes to relax.

You started moving towards where the big fight was happening but Loki quickly took your hand and stopped you. You turned to look at him with a worried look but he had a different one on his face this time. It was the look that told you; they can handle this, you don't need to go. You nodded slightly and observed the fight for far away, still holding Loki's hand.

Now, Vision, Thor and Tony had cornered Ultron and they were all hitting him with all their powers at the same time. Ultron was weak and did nothing but stay on the ground. The guys kept increasing the volume of their attack until Ultron started breaking apart and suddenly let out a loud scream.

The attack was then over but the joy didn't last for long. Ultron didn't waste any second and quickly stood up. His metallic face was now half burned and he could not stand straight anymore.

"You know, with the benefit of hindsight..." He started but was immediately cut off buy a Hulk's punch.

You didn't even realise when he had left the shuttered building but now Ultron was on the other side of town thanks to him. He turned around to a team of robots that was left close to him and with a loud roar he started chasing them around and breaking them one after the other. The rest of them ran to the edges of the city and started flying away. They wanted to go.

"Their trying to leave the city." Thor said.

"We can't let them. Not even one." Tony ordered and then him, Rhodey and Vision started shooting at the robots that had tried to escape.

Meanwhile in the building you had all again gathered around the core and tried to figure out what to do next. Steve seemed to be the only one at the moment who had a clue on how to move.

"We gotta move out. Even I can tell the air is getting thin." He started and then turned to Clint and Nat. "You guys get to the boats, I'll sweep for stragglers."

"What about the core?" Asked Clint.

"I'll protect it." Wanda stepped up and everyone turned to look at her. "It's my job." She turned to Clint and he gave her a light nod.

"I will stay and help as well." Loki said and you immediately turned to him.

You didn't want to be parted from him again in this mission. When it all started you kept worrying about him and you didn't want anything bad to happen to him. But then again Wanda was right, this was your job and there was not enough room for any of this right now.

Clint, Nat and Cap then left the temple quickly and you, Loki and Wanda were left behind. You of course intended to leave as well but you just still couldn't bring yourself to it. Right when you were about to make an offer to stay in the building with them Pietro came running in and looked at all of you for a second, then turned to his sister.

"You and y/n get the people on the boats." Wanda finally told you.

"I'm not going to leave you here." Pietro objected.

"I can handle this. Loki will be here to help too."

"I don't trust him."

"Well that's okay, I do." You suddenly said and moved next to Pietro.

He looked at you in confusion and then turned back to his sister. She gave him in intense look and they both started at each other for a few seconds. Suddenly another robot ran inside the building and Wanda was the first one to react, killing the thing with only one move of her hand. She then turned back to her brother with an ironic look and he finally sighed.

"Come back for me when everyone else is off." Wanda said with a deep Sokovian accent. "Not before."

You and Pietro started walking outside of the building without him saying anything back to his sister. Wanda clearly got a little irritated by that and maybe quite scared for her brother's sake.

"You understand?" She said and Pietro turned around with a smirk.

"You know, I'm 12 minutes older than you." He said and Wanda laughed.

You started walking away again but you suddenly turned around and walked back to Loki who was standing behind Wanda. You didn't say anything at first and just hugged him as tight as you could.

"Stay safe please." You said as you pulled away from the hug and looked into his forest green eyes.

"You too, darling." Loki gave you a cute smirk and you moved again next to Pietro, still looking at you boyfriend.

"Okay now Juliet." Pietro finally said and put his one hand around your waist and the other on the back of your head. "I hope you like speed."

You then looked at Loki with a terrified look on you face but he seemed to quite enjoy this. You closed your eyes and took a few deep breaths, trying to prepare yourself for this. You heart rate had suddenly gone way higher than normal.

You were definitely not going to like that.

You suddenly felt a weird feeling that you couldn't quite describe. It was like being on the fastest roller coaster on all the nine realms. What you were experiencing felt both incredible and terrifying at the same time. You were possibly moving faster than the speed of sound and maybe even light. Your eyes were shut tight during the whole run, which didn't last for longer than ten seconds.

When you finally felt that you were standing on your own again you slowly opened your eyes, only to see everyone looking at you. Pietro was still standing next to you, making sure you were not going to suddenly collapse. Once you took a few deep breaths you nodded that you were fine and everyone seemed quite relieved.

Everything was pretty much ready by the time you arrived at the scene. The last few people had entered the boats safely and were waiting for them to take off. You, Clint and Pietro wandered around, making sure that everyone was safe, until you heard a woman's voice shouting a name. Apparently her little brother had been lost somewhere in the mess.

You all looked around for a while when you suddenly saw a little boy's head peaking out of a hole, surrounded by heavy rocks. Clint looked at the kid and sighed, he tried to ran towards him but you quickly stopped him.

"I've got this." You told him." Make sure that the the people here are okay." You looked at both him and Pietro and then ran off to the child.

In the meanwhile you could hear the team talking about the plan through your earpiece. Thor was needed in the shuttered building by Tony. Their plan was almost done. You were almost victorious. Although maybe you were not going to walk away from this one. Tony was extremely nervous, as were the rest of the team. They feared that the end might've been closer than you were all thinking. They were probably right, the plan was quite risky, but again, this was your job.

When you arrived at where the little boy was you saw him holding a broken pole with his little hands, trying not to fall completely into the whole. You first checked around to see if there were any robots and then took the scared boy in your arms. For a few seconds everything was going great; you had saved the little boy and were only a few feet away from his safety.

But then again, something had to go wrong. Even then.

As you looked up at the sky in front of you, you saw the Quinjet flying towards you with Ultron on the driver's seat, firing on the ground as he got closer. You quickly looked around as the team was trying to take cover, except for...Pietro. He looked at the Quinjet and then back at you. Then, without thinking twice, started towards you as Ultron got closer.

And then time had stopped.

You suddenly looked around and everyone was standing still, again except for Pietro who was still moving closer to you, just in a slower pace. He was not fast enough though. The bullets were going to hit him for sure. You had to do something fast! This was definitely the time for you to put your fast thinking into work.

Your heart suddenly started racing and your head was spinning. You didn't have too much magic left inside of you and you were already too tired. You didn't want to risk anything going wrong but you sure had to do something quickly.

You then closed your eyes tightly and let the last drops of energy that you had in you to create a big enough shield for you, the little boy and Pietro. You knew of course the risks but there was no way you let anyone die in your watch. The pain you were feeling was enormous but you had to keep going for a little longer. You could still here the guns on Quinjet firing to letting the shield down would be a lethal mistake.

You sure didn't want anyone end up full of holes on their body.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

279 47 21
Second book in the 'My Avengers' collection So you protected New York from the Chitauri and the Tesseract. But you still don't know on which side yo...
10.5K 288 18
"A villain fights for what he doesn't have, but a hero fights for what he has left." *SPOILERS FOR THOR 2 and 3* Loki's imprisonment on Asgard has gi...
125K 2.3K 30
(THIS BOOK IS ALSO GOING THROUGH EDITING) This is my second book, but it's just a bunch of Loki oneshots, and the pictures in this one shot book sadl...
126K 3.4K 34
BOOK ONE OF THE GOD OF SERIES BOOK TWO IS GOD OF SURPRISES BOOK THREE IS IN PROGRESS : THE GOD OF FALLING BOOK FOUR IS IN PROGRESS: THE GOD OF WHAT...