•𝖘𝖙𝖆𝖗𝖉𝖚𝖘𝖙 • Jaime Lan...

By He11oHowareYou

"𝐢𝐟 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐛𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥" Daenerys was not the only girl bor... More

❂Introduction❂
❂characters❂
✹one✹
✹two✹
✹three✹
✹four✹
✹five✹
✹six✹
✹seven✹
✹eight✹
✹nine✹
✹ten✹
❂New Casting❂
✹eleven✹
✹twelve✹
✹thirteen✹
✹fourteen✹
✹fifteen✹
✹sixteen✹
✹seventeen✹
✹eighteen✹
✹nineteen✹
✹twenty✹
✹twenty one✹
✹twenty two✹
✹twenty three✹
❂characters part two❂
✹twenty five✹
✹twenty six✹
✹twenty seven✹
✹twenty seven✹
✹twenty eight✹
✹twenty nine✹
✹ thirty ✹
✹thirty one✹
✹thirty two✹
✹thirty three ✹
✹thirty four✹
✹thirty five✹
✹thirty six✹
✹thirty seven✹
✹thirty eight✹
✹thirty nine✹
✹forty✹
✹forty one✹
✹forty two✹
✹forty three✹
✹forty four✹
✹forty five✹
✹forty six✹
✹forty seven✹
✹forty eight✹
✹forty nine✹

✹twenty four✹

3K 117 16
By He11oHowareYou

╣the gods were cruel and they were silent╠

"I wish for your son to return my daughter." Rickard Stark's voice boomed through the stone archways before the Iron Throne where the Targaryen king sat. "I wish for him to atone for his sins."

Aerys' eyes flashed purple and Jaime had to look away to hide the grimace which fought its way across his face. The vast room still reeked of the burnt flesh of the king's last victims and the soft sandstone seemed to hold their screams. He prayed to the gods that Lord Stark was not the next pile of ashes that the maids would sweep away.

Jaime missed Rhena. He missed Cersei and Tyrion. Gods, he even found himself missing his father from time to time. He missed Casterly Rock and it's blue bays. All that he had in King's Landing was a king filled with madness and an ocean filled with the shit of the common folk.

Aerys fingers gripped a hilt of a sword which protruded from the throne. The pommel was laid with three precious violet gems to match the eyes of Aegon and his sisters. The three who had conquered the continent. The three who had brought dragon fire and madness.

"I do not know whom you speak of, Lord Stark." The lord's name was spat out with barely concealed malice. "My son has not contacted me since the tournament. I assumed that he had taken a trip to Casterly with his sister."

Rickard glared up at the throne and bared his teeth as if he were a true wolf of the north. It was a pity that wolves did not thrive in the South. "My daughter!" He shouted, no longer able to hold his temper. "You will tell me where she is!"

King Aerys huffed in rage for being told what to do for maybe the first time in his life. "I will do no such thing." the king hissed in annoyance and anger. "You do not command a king. A king commands his subjects. Last I heard, Aerys, not Rickard, held the throne of the Seven Kingdoms." He chuckled and Jaime felt a chill travel down his spine. The king's laugh tapered off into a frown. "Now kneel."

Rickard's face morphed into one of rage. That was what the Stark face was built for. Not for smiles or smirks, but for rage and stoic calm. The man grabbed his eldest's arm and moved to exit the hall in a storm of grey.

Aerys' face grew red. "KNEEL!" His voice echoed through the hall in waves and the nobles flinched at the sound. "I have not dismissed you Lord Stark!" Rickard didn't care to listen and pulled his son away. They were blocked by Ser Barristan and four others of the Targaryen guard, swords held aloft and ready to strike. "Kneel!" Aerys called again, voice traveling to the other side of the room.

Rickard turned slowly and a silver fire was alight in his eyes. "I will not kneel to a king consumed by madness and hate." He walked towards the throne with measured steps, looking more a king than the silver headed slime before him. The strength of his voice grew with every word and Jaime stepped in front of the king in case of any blood shed. Rickard stopped a sword's length away from Jaime though his eyes were fixed on the king. "I will aly myself with you no longer. Let the fury of all the seven kingdoms fall upon you!" The man's voice was a thunder, promising the storm which would dash the Targaryen name to dust.

Aerys was silent for a moment and Jaime feared to turn around. He stared at Lord Rickard and shook his head slowly. That was not a way to rebel against a king. He had to know that his life was surely spent.

"Call for the wildfire." His voice was quiet but so was the room. Not a whisper was heard as the words fell from his lips. Brandon was taken by a nameless guard. His sword was ripped from his hands and a rope was wrapped its way around his neck.

"If I burn Aerys, you will burn with me! Along with the whole of the Seven Kingdoms!"

Rickard was surrounded by the Targaryen household guard and his yells of pain and the shuffles of struggles reached the ears of everyone around and Brandon yelled for his father in anguish. Jaime did not join in the beating and stepped away to stand at the king's side.

"Silly man." Aerys taunted. "I'm of the dragon's blood. We do not burn."

Rickard grunted in pain. "You are no dragon. You are a worm, a worm not fit to be king. Curse you! And all your descendants, curse all of you!"

A group of pyromancers in black robes entered the throne room and Jaime's chest caught at the glimpse of bright green liquid concealed in their sleeves. He tried to think of things that brought him happiness to hide himself away in his head. Jaime thought of his mother's eyes, he thought of the western shores and the cliffs where he and Tyrion had spent their early years. And last, Jaime thought of Rhena and their child, somewhere far away in a beautiful safe castle with his father as protection.

Though it was hard to concentrate with Rickard's screams piercing his thoughts.

✵    ✵   ✵   ✵

Dragonstone towered above them in sharp angles and dark stone. The windows and torches were lit as half of the Targaryen household had been sent to prepare the whole castle for the queen's stay. The water around their boat was icy cold and black as night and Viserys wedged himself between his mother and sister for warmth.

Their party had received word just two weeks past that Rickard and Brandon Stark had been burnt in the throne room with Aerys laughing over their ashes and that Eddard Stark, Warden of the North and Lord of Winterfell, had taken it upon himself to save his sister. Along with the help of Robert Baratheon and over half of the Seven Kingdoms.

Brandon was gone. Rhena was beside herself with grief at the loss of a friend. Her dear Ned was the Lord of Winterfell and war was soon to follow the death of his father and brother. She feared for Rhaegar more and more every passing day and found herself conflicted with which side to choose. He had hurt Elia. He had kidnapped Lyanna.

But he was her brother first and foremost. He was the one who held her during the worst of storms. He was the one who taught her the ways of the sword and the bow. He was kind and dear to her childhood heart. And yet, perhaps their time was finally over. Robert and Ned would surely not rest until Lyanna was safe with them and Rhaegar would not return to their father's court.

Rhena wobbled when her feet touched the smooth stones of the shore. Her body was unbalanced from the water and the babe inside her which refused to let her rest. She was saved from the embarrassment of falling by Ser Callan who took her arm in his and led her to the stone gates. "Where do you want to be my lady?" His Lannister armor was soaked from rowing the boat and she shivered at the touch.

"To my room if you please. Or anywhere with a warm fire and a change of clothes for each of us." Her mother was already ahead of them with Viserys in her arms. Rhena could hardly see her through the fog but she could tell that her mother was beautiful. She looked ethereal in her bright silks which contrasted against the dark skies and the black stone and her hair was a halo around her head.

"Of course." Callan let go once Rhena had found her legs and held up a torch to light their way.

The inside of the castle was only just brighter than the outside and Rhena longed to be back at Casterly Rock with their open sea windows and sky openings which filtered in the salty air. That was an impossible wish that could not come true so Rhena brushed it to the back of her mind in frustration. It was going to be a long few months.

✵    ✵   ✵   ✵

"Your grace," A short man muttered from his crouched bow. "Rhaegar he..." Jaime could hear the man's breath from where he stood next to the throne. "Your son..."

Aerys sighed and tapped his foot. "Well get on with it boy."

He cowered further into the ground and shuddered. "Your son has fallen." Jaime froze. "Your grace, he..." He paused again. "He's dead. Dead by a blow from Robert Baratheon." Gasps and shouts of anguish rang out throughout what was left of Aerys' court. But Jaime didn't hear any of it. Rhaegar was gone. His friend was dead. His brother was lost. It took all of his strength to stay upright.

Aerys did not cry or scream or shout. He was silent save for his foot which tapped the bottom of his throne in impatience. "Next." The man backed away and was replaced by a peasant woman.

"My king," She started before bringing to notice a forest fire just five leagues away.

Jaime's face darkened and he gripped the pommel of his sword.

✵    ✵   ✵   ✵

"My queen? Lady Lannister?" A maid called out softly, not wanting to disturb the quiet calm which had fallen over the castle over the past month since Rhaella and Rhena had settled.

"In here dear." Rhaella called from her sewing table where she and Rhena were sat, embroidering blankets for their unborn babes.

"Has Tyla finished my bedding yet?" Rhena asked the short woman who had entered. To Rhena's surprise and delight Tyla had been one of the maids who traveled to Dragonstone to ready the castle for the queen's stay. The two of them had fallen into their regular taunting and teasing friendship with no bumps.

Rhaella's smile fell when she noticed the tears in the maid's eyes. "What is it young one?" She asked kindly, holding out a hand, beckoning for the girl to sit. Rhena set down her needle and gave the girl her full attention.

"Oh it's terrible your majesty." The girl's tears were flowing now and Rhaella gripped her hand in comfort.

"Is it the king?" She shook her head. "The Starks? Oh it's alright dear. You can tell us."

The maid breathed in shakily and bit her lip. "It's the prince." Rhena's mind went straight to Viserys but he was just in the next room napping. Then she remembered that Rhaegar was in a war against the Starks and Baratheons. "He," She erupted into sobs and Rhaella's face fell. "Your son. He's fallen at the Trident." She sobbed. "Rhaegar is lost."

Rhaella dropped the maid's hand and blinked. Rhena's eyes filled with tears as Rhaella stood. The queen stumbled to an open window and gasped for much needed breath. Rhaegar, her firstborn, her first son was gone. Lost to the clutches of the Stranger himself. Rhaella prayed that the Mother would protect his soul. That was the last thought that passed her mind before everything went dark.

Rhena's vision was foggy but she registered her mother's body crumpling to the ground and the mixed screams of both her and the nameless maid. Rhena rushed to her mother's body as fast as her womb would allow her and sank down to cradle Rhaella's head in her arms.

"What's wrong with her?" Rhena asked through her tears and distress. The babe in her womb thrashed violently and she cried out in pain.

"I fear the time has come for the child to be birthed." The maid said shakily. "Her water's broken."

"Call for the maester then." Rhena had finally gathered her wits and stood before gently laying her mother's head on a pillow half embroidered. "We're in for a long night." As if to prove her point, the skies thundered and a downpour splattered the window in anger. It was like the elements themselves were raging against the death of Rhaegar.

The skies were dark as night just past noon and the wind was howling against the weathered rock of the Targaryen castle. Hundreds of candles were lit in Rhealla's chambers and yet the walls still held shadows as old as Aegon himself.

Rhaella's screams echoed through the room and both Tyla and Rhena's dresses were soaked with the queen's blood. Much like the Targaryens, Tyla was born with white hair. It's one of the reasons that she was given to Rhena as a handmaiden. Both of their braids were splattered in red.

Creylen was not with them, nor was Pycelle. No maester was there with them and Rhena knew that her father had not ordered one on purpose. He was a spiteful man who no longer held any love for his wife or daughter.

So the maids and the handmaidens with little knowledge of medicine were left to care for the queen and princess. Tyla had helped her cousin deliver her baby just three years prior. So as the only woman who had any experience, she was put in charge.

"Will you get this thing out of me?" Rhaella screeched down to Tyla who was doing her best.

"Your grace I can barely see the head." She called out from the edge of the bed where Rhaella was lying. "White as duck fluff." Tyla whispered to Rhena who giggled before groaning.

"Rhena?" Tyla asked concerned. "Are you alright?"

"I'll be fine, truly." A sharp breath racked through her lungs and Rhena doubled over in pain. Three different maids swarmed around her as her breathing quickened.

She smiled sheepishly at Tyla. "Do you think you can handle two women giving birth?" Tyla sighed and rolled her eyes in obvious fondness.

"How long have you been hiding your pain?" Tyla asked, taking up a tone which sounded far too much like a mother.

Rhena stood with much difficulty and sighed once she was upright. "My water broke not two hours passed."

"Rhena!" Tyla yelled in disapproval. "That could have done terrible things for the baby!" She calmed herself and turned. "Take her to her room." she commanded the three who had gathered around the princess. "Queen Rhaella is not yet ready for the baby, you may be done before her." She assured Rhena who was struggling against the maid's grip. "You'll see each other soon."

Rhena huffed and waddled to the door as comfortably as she could in her dampened dress and shaky legs. The fear for her mother's life and the grief for the loss of her brother's had kept Rhena distracted for the past few hours. Now with only the rustle of the maids around her and the rain against the stone, Rhena finally realized how much pain she was in.

Her lungs burned with every breath and it was as if every knife from the Iron Throne were piercing her skin.

Rhena feared for the child willing itself into the world. For what sort of world would they belong to? The gods were cruel beings which never seemed to listen to the wants of those they apparently protected. Even so, Rhena sent one last prayer to the mother for a boy. It was the only thing that would keep her and her child safe.

The gods were cruel and they were silent.

Rhena had no sense of time as the sun was not visible behind the black clouds around the castle. All boats had been anchored and every soul not in the castle was ordered inside. The winds threatened to blow any who were not rooted into the soil away.

Tyla had entered her room a number of times and had assured her that her mother was doing fine with a smile which did not quite reach her eyes. Rhena did not believe her. Rhaella's bed was soaked with blood when she had left, and the babe hadn't even left her body yet.

Rhena wished with every bit of her being that Jaime was with her. Whatever doubts that she had about giving birth were shadowed over with the promise of Jaime being with her in the birthing chamber. But he wasn't there and Rhena was forced to face the pain alone.

Her dress was long since shed from her body and was crumpled by the door in a heap of crimson. Her shift was light around her shoulders but it was soaked with blood and sweat. However much pain she was going through, she wished that her mother was not. Rhena hoped that they would all come out of the birthing bed unscathed. Her, her mother and their children.

It seemed like hours later when Tyla entered the room again and declared that the time to help her child into the world had come but it may have been minuets. Rhena had no clue. She had no word on her mother and refused to answer any of Rhena's questions.

Before the princess was able to command an answer out of her friend, a pain worse than any before bloomed at the lowest point of her middle.

She screamed then. Rhena had never screamed like that before in her life. She wondered if Jaime could hear her all the way in King's Landing. She wondered if her mother could hear her just a room away.

"The head's out." Tyla called out from below the blankets covering Rhena's center. "Push Rhena. Push!" Rhena screamed again and felt something empty from her womb. A babe's cry filled the room in place of it's mother's and Rhena sobbed in relief of the pain. "It's a boy!" Tyla cried with tears in her eyes. "You're safe Rhena, you've birthed a son!"

Rhena lifted herself up to set her eyes on her son. Tears streamed down her face from her pain and happiness. A boy. The gods had answered her after all.

Another scream ripped its way from her throat and her legs shook in exhaustion. "Tyla what is it?" Rhena gasped out. She saw her son through her tears being taken away by some nameless maid. "Tyla answer me!" Rhena commanded, the panic of her son being taken away from her sinking into her bones.

"I don't know there's-" Rhena screamed again. "I think there's another babe."

Rhena sagged into the pillows as the pain ebbed away. "Another babe?" Tyla nodded.

"It's very likely. Ser Jaime is a twin. And his great aunt was as well though her brother died in the womb." Tyla's hands faltered. "I'm sorry that wasn't the time to mention-"

"Just get it out of me!" Rhena yelled, cutting Tyla's ramblings short. "Please I can't do it anymore."

Tyla flinched and returned to the task at hand. "My lady, it's time again. This one's egar to follow their brother." Rhena sobbed as the child left inside of her moved. Her muscles tensed and she clawed at the sheets around her, wishing that it was Jaime's hand in her grip instead.

One last scream echoed through the room before it was cut short by another wail from another babe. "Another boy!" Tyla was smiling with the babe in her arms, bloody and bruised from his journey to the world around him.

Rhena laughed through her tears. Their house would survive. The Lannisters would thrive. Her first boy was brought to her, wrapped in a crimson cloth embroidered with golden lions. He clung to her with all the strength of his father and latched onto her breast the moment he was close enough. "Tyros." Rhena said softly as the maids below her changed her sheets and sewed her back together. "His name is Tyros.

Her second son was brought to her soon after, washed clean and wrapped in a black blanket with silver dragons dancing around the edges. "Aryen" She sighed when he was set in her arms and suckling at her breast. "Tyros and Aryen Lannister."

Tyla was smiling down at the woman below her. "Send word to Lord Tywin as soon as the storm clears. He has two healthy heirs."

Rhena's pain ebbed away as they numbed her with medicine and wine and she sighed, at peace finally with her two sons.

A scream from the next room over brought Rhena's attention from her golden crowned children and to the hallway which led to her mother. Tyla's head snapped up and she sent one glance toward the new mother before rushing from the room.

Stones of dread stacked up in Rhena's chest at the fear in Tyla's eyes. The three maids around her shared nervous looks and Rhena sat up in her soft bed. "Take me to her." She commanded.

"My lady, it's not safe for you to move so short after giving birth." Rhena was already handing her sons to a black headed maid beside her. Tyros accepted the warmth of another immediately but Aryen squirmed at the loss of his mother.

Rhena glared. "You will take me to my mother now or so help me I will leave you to the elements outside." The maid shut her mouth and muttered an apology before she held out a new gown which covered her blood soaked shift. Rhena lifted her arms slowly and allowed the black silk to slide over her form.

When she swung her legs around to the stone floor, Rhena found them to be much like jelly. The two who were not occupied with her sons rushed to help her up by the arms and the whole group of them made their way to the queen's chambers. Another scream urged Rhena forward with a new speed.

Rhaella's chambers were overrun by maids and handmaidens who carried baskets of blood soaked linens away to be cleaned. Rhena stopped short at the sight of her mother whos cheeks were void of any color. She looked lifeless. The only thing that assured Rhena that her mother had not met the gods were the inhuman screams which echoed off of the stone.

"Mamma." Rhena whispered. Her legs came back to life and she winced as the pain returned with them. She was able to hobble her way to her mother's bed with difficulty and collapsed at the edge.

"Rhena." Rhaella sobbed before another scream ripped its way from her chest. "Rhena I'm not going to make it."

Rhena furrowed her brows and brushed her mother's hair behind her head. "Don't talk like that. Don't you dare say anything like that. You'll make it. You've survived so many births. You have to make it." Rhena was crying now and through her tears she could hardly make out her mother's face. She knew that Tyla was most likely glaring at her from the end of the bed but she didn't care. Her sons were alive. There was nothing more that she could lose. Except her mother.

"This is different darling." Rhaella's voice was hoarse from screaming. "I can feel it. I can feel every ounce of life leaving me."

"One push my queen." Tyla said almost frantically. Tears were streaming down her face. "One more and it will all be done." She found Rhena's eyes and shook her head. Rhena sobbed and pulled her mother closer. Rhaella went limp as Tyla pulled the babe from her. The child screamed with all the might of its mother and wailed as if it knew that she was leaving the world.

"It's a girl." Tyla said, voice thick with tears as she held the new princess in her arms.

Rhaella reached for her baby, arms shaking. Tyla handed the squirming thing over with ease and sat back to watch the queen in her final moments. "Her name is Daenerys." Rhaella proclaimed as she wiped the blood and wetness from her daughter's face.

"Daenerys Stormborn." Tyla whispered. Rhaella nodded and her lids blinked heavily.

Rhena held her all the tighter. "No mother you can't leave." Rhena begged. "You have to meet your grandsons."

"Two?" Rhaella asked tiredly.

Rhena nodded. "Tyros and Aryen. Two strong babes." Rhaella nodded and smiled.

"Rhena listen to me." Rhena moved closer. "If Rhaegar has fallen your father is doomed." The sting of Rhaegar's death had not yet subsided and Rhena flinched. "The Baratheons will send assassins to rid the world of any Targaryen descendants. Tywin will help them if he's smart and he is smart. He will kill Daenerys and will find a way to continue his legacy without you or his grandchildren. Through Cersei perhaps." She paused and coughed loudly. "You need to take Viserys and the babies somewhere where they won't be able to find you. Braavos or Volantis. Take Callan with you and don't let either of the Kingsguard know where you are. Fake your death if you can."

Her breaths were more and more forced with every word and Rhena grabbed Daenerys from their mother's arms for fear of her falling. "Your life will never be the same." Rhaella's voice was soft and Rhena could barely hear her. "Gone are the days of your carefree childhood. You must care for your children now. You must care for your brother and sister. I know you will I know you..." Her voice trailed away with coughs and gasps following.

Rhena never realized how terrible it was to watch someone die. She didn't know how awful it was to listen to someone gasp for breath.

"Mamma." Rhena croaked helplessly.

Rhaella raised a hand to brush through her daughter's hair. "The moment we are born we make a deal with death." She coughed again. "And we spend the rest of our lives trying to cheat our way out of it." Her eyes slid closed. "Leave." The queen commanded. "You need as much time as possible. No child should have to watch their mother die." She gasped again. "Go."

Rhena stood on shaky legs and pressed her sister close to her. The babe's cries had lessened and she looked up at her older sister in silence. Tyla stood with her and Rhena realized with a jolt that she held a dagger to her own neck.

"Rhena." the girl sobbed. "Rhena you have to leave."

"Tyla, what are you doing?" Rhena's hands were shaking and she worried that Daenerys would fall from her grasp.

The maids and handmaidens backed away and Tyla was left on her own, bloody from each birth. "You need to become a ghost." The girl smiled. " We do look alike." Before anyone could do anything, Tyla was gone.

Rhena fell to the floor when Tyla plunged the knife into her own belly. Her blood marred her white dress and stained the fabric in a crimson oval. The young handmaiden sank to her knees in a kind of grace that shouldn't have been possible.

Rhena looked to her mother for help only to find her violet eyes unfocused and unblinking. She sobbed along with Daenerys who was startled from the quick movement.

"Go." Tyla whispered before her form crumpled to the ground.

Rhena's lungs couldn't seem to gather enough air. Her mother was gone. Her brother was gone. Her best friend was gone. And she was left to a life of exile with her siblings and children.

"Lady Lannister." Rhena could tell that the voice belonged to a man. Callan perhaps. "We need to leave." Her head lulled to the side as he lifted her to her feet, careful of the baby in her arms. "Don't let them die in vain." He shook her softly and Rhena ripped her eyes away from the scene of blood. "Viserys. Where is Viserys?" He asked, urgent panic lacing his voice.

"The-" Rhena couldn't remember. Where was her brother? "The nursery?" She guessed, panic now clawing up her throat. "I don't know we left him in the nursery." Callan nodded and turned to a maid.

"Fetch the prince and bring him to the docks. Don't let him see his mother." She curtsied and rushed through the door. Callan turned back to Rhena, hands wrapped around her elbows. "You need everything of value that you can find. Are the treasuries full here?" Rhena shook her head. Aerys had kept every penny with him in King's Landing. "Are your jewels and coin with your belongings?" Rhena nodded. "And your mother's?" She pointed to a black chest in the corner of the room.

Callan nodded and sighed. "Dress yourself in your warmest furs. We sail now for Braavos."

"What of the waters?" Rhena asked, her mind finally crawling back to her.

Callan's jaw clenched and he shifted his weight. "If we drown, they'll never be able to recover the bodies. At least then your honor will be saved. And if not, the Baratheons will find two women of Targaryen features dead in their birthing beds. No matter what, you will be safe."

Rhena nodded and looked down at her sister. She was relieved that Daenerys did not yet hold any features of their father. Well, any that she could see. Tyros and Aryen were still in the arms of another and Rhena looked for something to hold them in. A basket of clean sheets caught her attention and she set Daenerys down in them carefully.

"Here give them to me." Rhena's sons were passed to her and she situated them both next to their aunt. "Great loss has come to us this day, little ones. Let's live to tell their stories."

✵ ✵ ✵ ✵

When Baratheon hired assassins washed up on the shore the next day, the body of their former queen was found in her chambers. Upon questioning the maids and searching the shore, they found Rhena Targaryen with a bloodied middle and a pale face. A princess who took her life in grief for the loss of her son. The babe's body was nowhere to be found but the maids claimed that she had taken both the dead boy and her newborn brother to the sea with her in her turmoil.

Robert Baratheon knew then only to hunt Viserys. Not his sisters or nephews. He didn't know that Rhena was alive. And if he did know that Rhaella's child had survived, he would be searching for a boy, not a girl. Rhena would never be able to thank the women at Dragonstone for their sacrifices to her family.

She would never thank them for they were slaughtered for their devotion to the ancient family of dragons.

*Shuffles feet* Uhhhhh merry Christmas I guess? This chapter felt really rusehd for me but it was too long for me to go back and honestly I just wanted to get it over with. This was the last brick of the foundation before the larger picture can come into view.

Thank you all for the comments and the votes and the reads and be ready for a whole whirlwind of writing in the next few weeks! Love you darlings!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

242K 6.2K 48
She was a Targaryen, heritage hidden from the people of Westeros and safely kept at the side of the Lannisters. She wasn't supposed to have attachmen...
94.2K 2.7K 64
Lya Baratheon is the oldest and only biological child of Cersei Lannister and Robert Baratheon, but unlike her younger brother she is kind and gentle...
55.6K 1.5K 52
After witnessing the death of the royal children. Ned Stark leaves to find his sister. He arrives to see his sister giving birth to Jaehaerys Targary...
99K 3.4K 62
Trueborn son of Robert Baratheon and Cersei Lannister Sold to slavery Forced to become a warrior Willing to help Daenerys Targaryen claim her birthr...