New Purpose (US!Papyrus x Fem...

Af OreoDaSkeleton

Y/N, meets a new coworker that changes her life forever. A monster, doing his best to make a living after mov... Mere

Introductory A/N
Chapter 1- New Workmate
Chapter 2- A Late Night
Chapter 3- The Ghost
Chapter 4- Quick Chats
Chapter 5- Don't Give Up
Chapter 6- On Our Own
Chapter 7- Stay?
Chapter 8- Let's Hang Out
Chapter 9- Honey's Day Part 1
Chapter 10- Honey's Day Part 2
Chapter 11- Honey's Day Part 3
Chapter 12- Miscommunication?
Chapter 14- It's Official
Chapter 15- His Guard Dog
Chapter 16- Responsible One
Chapter 17- You're Mine
Chapter 18- He's Hiding
Chapter 19- Grocery Trip
Chapter 20- Old Wounds
Chapter 21- Blue's Therapy
Chapter 22- Calming Her Fears
Chapter 23- The Pier
THE END! AAAA-
A/N
~Bonus Episode!~

Chapter 13- Flood of Tears

1K 50 62
Af OreoDaSkeleton

(~Your POV~)

The sky has already turned dark by the time I arrive. I slow to a stop and pull aside on the street. As discussed with Papyrus, I stopped my car in front of the driveway. Stretch was sure that he didn't want me going into the house. Instead, I was told to park, text him, and then wait. He didn't want me to worry or have a conflict with his emotional brother. Still, my nerves are high, making my fingers squeeze tighter around the steering wheel.

'We'll have to make this quick. It's going to rain soon.'

The bright glow of my phone illuminates the car as I send him a message.

[Hey, I'm outside. You ready?]

It took a minute. I got a bit more nervous sitting in the prolonged silence, but it was immediately replaced with relief when I spotted a response.

-[Yeah, give me a sec]

[Need help?]

-[Just stay in the car]
-[I got it.]

[K..]

The passing seconds felt like eternity as I waited. In pure honesty, I never wanted to be the cause for this much division between them. As I cleaned my house yesterday, part of me secretly hoped that Papyrus would change his mind. But he didn't, so now I fear about what's going to happen after he comes out that door.

Stretch told me that he was going to tell Blue early, just so that it wasn't so sudden. I sincerely hope that Sans was willing to listen to him. I still see him as my friend, but he's changed a lot lately. The last thing I would want is for him to lose his cool and take out all his anger on me.

'It's only for a few days.'

The front door opens, and Honey is the first to come out. He's carrying a small duffel bag for his luggage and pulling a very large suitcase behind him. He's got his machine in the larger suitcase, so I can imagine it must be heavy. His younger brother is walking right behind him, argues and yelling up a storm. Blueberry is NOT happy. I don't blame him either.

'But this was Papyrus' decision. As his friend and brother, both of us should be supporting that.'

I want to help Papyrus out with carrying his things. It would be rude to make him do it all by himself, especially when he's still not feeling well. I face my anxiety and step out of the car. As I get closer to them, the intimidation resurfaces. I hug my arms around myself and try to focus my eyes on the ground. My voice only came out as a mumble, "Honey, let me get those."

He noticed my very nervous behavior, gently petting the top of my head, "Thanks." I grabbed his things and walked over to my car. I was right, the larger suitcase is heavy like a stack of bricks. I'll have to be careful when packing it into the car. As I opened up the trunk of my car, I glanced over at the two skeleton brothers.

"Papyrus, you can't go! I refuse to let you!!!" Blue screams in frustration, his pupils lost all their color. "Sans, we talked about this. It's only for a few days. You need a break before you end up hurting yourself. Also, I expect your attitude with Y/N to change." Honey remained calm, going to pat his brother's skull. Enraged, Blueberry jumped back. I definitely wasn't expecting what happened next.

Two skull creatures appear behind Sans' back as he says, "I wasn't giving you an option." The skull heads' fierce gaze and growls shifted to Pap. Then suddenly they stopped, looking between both brothers and showing that they were very confused.

'They all know each other..? Maybe they don't want to hurt anyone? Are they supposed to be pets made out of magic?'

Papyrus seemed a bit surprised to see them there too. He took a step forward, "Sans, bro, it really shouldn't have to come to this." "I, The Magnificent Sans, am getting very tired of being ignored. GeT iNSidE." Blueberry snarled, outstretching one arm.

The creatures behind him began growling again, but instead, the warning was aimed towards me. The creatures' bottom jaws unhinged and a bright ball of magic started to grow within their mouth. Blue's soulless gaze shifts to me with tears pouring from his eye sockets. It's like I can't even recognize the joyful and loving skeleton anymore. Why? Why did this have to happen?

Sans hesitates for a moment before stating clearly, "And you.. You should've stayed out of this.." My heart sunk as I came to a sudden realization.

'Those things aren't pets... They're weapons.'

Fear overwhelming every nerve in my body, I scream out, "Papyrus!" Blue's attacks fired, beams of bright light shot straight for me. I couldn't believe it. Time seemed to freeze in those last crucial seconds. could only watch in horror as I came closer to what seems to be my end.

'... What's happened to Sans?'

Before I could even blink, one of Honey's eyes sparked into an orange flame. His calm and quiet demeanor was gone, quickly replaced with a dead serious and angered glare. His hands shift into his hoodie pockets as two more of the same creatures appear behind him. One countered the two blasts with a beam of its own, overpowering the attack and destroying Sans' creatures with the same beam, only within a few seconds. The other speedily rushed away from Stretch and then hovered by my side like a shield.

Seeing one right in front of my eyes, I'm astounded that both brothers were able to summon such creatures. Papyrus' were different though. They were a lot bigger, with sharper and more intimidating features. It's kind of scary having one so close to me.

Well, they are Honey's. They're protecting me. So, I outstretched a hand towards the one next to me. My hand is super shaky as I place it on the side of its head, near some of its spiked horns. It's bright orange pupils shift to me, making me flinch and pull away again.

'Nope nOpe NoPE! Bad idea!'

Despite its scary and strong presence, it sounded out a soft croon. It comes closer, pressing its large skull up against my hand for the attention again. The stressful situation seemed to fade away as I stared at it in complete shock. A smile forms on my face as I grant its wish and pet it, "Oh! Well okay then, heheh."

The large creature's purrs grow louder as it  happily shifts closer. It's so big, I bet someone could ride this like a horse! The skull gently turns its head, guiding my hand to it's favorite petting spot, which happen to be under its spikes. I have to hold my breath just to stop myself from squealing or freaking out.

'Weapon or Pet. Oh my god- It's both.'

(~Honey's POV~)

"Bro, that was the worst decision you could've made today." I warn, trying very hard to shut away my anger. "What about you?! You're going to forget everything and abandon your younger brother for soMe cLuELEss HuMAN! I'm helping you, like I always have! You may not like it now but-"

"What is the matter with you?! Sans, look at how you're acting! Humans can't survive a full attack from our blasters. YOU WERE GOING TO KILL HER! HOW IS THAT HELPING?!" I failed, losing my self control while screaming back at him.

I've never felt this mad at him and I doubt I've ever showed it either. Blue's pupils shrink with fear as he steps back. More tears fall down his cheeks, and he faces away from me.

'That wasn't the right thing to do or say... *sigh* Crap..'

My soul suddenly cracked again from the intense pressure and use of magic, causing me to grab at my chest in pain and fall to my knees. My two blasters disappeared, exposing Y/N and putting her back in danger.

'I already hit my stupid magic limit with this sickness stage. I can't protect her.'

"Papyrus!" Y/N screamed anxiously, hurriedly rushing to my side. "I'm sorry." I whimper. "Shh, no. No, it's okay." She whispers, hugging me tightly.

'Everything's torn apart. This chaotic soul makes me useless. Why can't I do anything right?'

Fighting through my pain, my voice cracks into sobs as I hide my face, "I d-d-dOn'T uNdErStaND... C-Can'T I haVe the FrEEdoM to cArE ABouT BoTH of YOu?"

(~Your POV~)

I feel heartbroken having to see Pap like this. I hate having to see both of them like this. "You do have that choice... Just breathe." I tell Papyrus. I'm just hoping that in some way, I can calm him.

Stretch starts working on his deep breaths. In order to help himself with his pain, he has to get better control of his breathing and his emotions. That's when I hear Blueberry speak to me, "Do you see this as a game? Do you enjoy seeing me suffer, taking his life away from him? You made him like this. You made him hate me."

I take a deep breath and stand up, "I don't know what you're talking about. I don't want to hurt anyone. I care about him just like I care about you." His gaze is grey and empty as he replies, "If you cared, you would've left us alone."

"That's how you see it."
.
"I am the only thing keeping him alive!"
.
"HE ISN'T LIVING!"

Immediately, I let out and explain my exact thoughts over the past month, "I know he's sick! I know he's dying! I know all you've done is protect him and it's got him this far! What I don't understand is why you wouldn't listen when we tried to tell you the same truth several times! It's been years since both of you moved to the surface, but how many times has Papyrus ever goNe oUTsIde?! How many times does he get to actually hang out with you? Does he ever have a day where he doesn't have you or another doctor reminding him of how bad his condition is? You get so anxious and frustrated to keep him home but when he is home, where are you?! You're always gone and he stays in his bed, alone and in pain, ALL DAY! So tell me, how is he supposed to be completely happy when he's living like that?"

Blueberry is adamant to my concerns, stubbornly responding, "You don't understand what it's like."

I take a long deep breath, taking my emotions down a bit. "My mother was sick. My sibling(s) and I were told of her condition at a very young age. My dad worked and worked just to have money to pay the bills. My mom couldn't do as much as she used to, but she still did her very best to raise us with the time she had. She didn't accept defeat to her illness and by no means did she want to die. On the other hand, she never chose to give up hope and fun. She loved taking us out to town so we could explore, no matter how much pain she was in."

"Well now it's clear of what went wrong for you. Your mother chose wrong and she's gone. My brother's still alive because of me... and yOu'RE hUrTInG HIM.."

My heart came to a complete stop. "SANS, THAT'S ENOUGH!" Papyrus yelled, standing in front of me. The two continued to fiercely argue with each other. However, I couldn't hear it, despite being right next to them. My mind feels trapped in another world.

'My mother's sickness didn't kill her. I did. Am I.. I'm... I'm killing Papyrus too.'

The faint memory I thought I lost tried to come back. Faint sounds of the loud crash and the screams of my father echoed into my mind. It gradually got louder and louder, making me absolutely panic and claw at my head.

'Stop! SToP IT!'

A loud boom of thunder scared me out of it, followed by the feeling of raindrops hitting my skin. Honey's now hugging tightly onto his brother, "I'm sorry.. Bro.. I-" "Just... just go..." Blue mutters, pulling away from him and then going inside.

'I spaced out again.'

I can feel my emotions welling up. The fear of that past memory is quickly overwhelming me. It's still trying to push through, to make me remember everything all over again. After all this time, I thought I had moved on.

I fight against it, covering over my ears and trying to think of anything else besides my family or that day. I needed to get away, I wanted to just run from and never stop. Overwhelmed and confused of what's real anymore, I turned around and ran back to the car as fast as I could. Papyrus turns around, shouting my name with extreme worry, "Y/N?!"

Every sound got louder; the screaming, Papyrus, the ringing in my head, the thunder, and the rain in the sky. I slam the car door behind me, and that's when the cries started to escape my throat. I completely fell apart, curling up into a tight ball in the back seat. Breathing now felt like the hardest task of my life.

Seconds later, the car door on the opposite side  of mine opens up, and Stretch hurries inside. I can't muffle my sobbing or get ahold of myself. Papyrus leans over and embraces me. Gently but quickly, he pulls me close to his chest, being a little panicked, "Y/N, please don't hold it against my bro. He's depressed. He didn't know what he was doing. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." I tightly grab at his hoodie's sleeves, crying my eyes out. I can't stop. I can't think straight. All I can do is sit there and cry while Papyrus holds onto me. My heart is throbbing, racing so fast and beating so hard that it hurts.

One of Stretch's hands firmly cups around the back of my head. In a comforting manner, he keeps his skull tucked against the side of my head, speaking softly into my ear, "I'm right here, Y/N. Everything's going to be okay."

.
.
Writer~San: Things are getting INtEnSE.. ;w; Not exactly a boss battle or anything, but poor Blue's soul has faded and lost its patience. Then, we have some information about Y/N's past that may be revealed later on~

Welp.. I am hungry, haven't cooked anything yet.... SO.. Cya~ Have a good day and thanks for reading!

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

431 17 16
Blueberry likes Red. He's funny, and kind, and although he's had a rough past, he's a really great guy. Of course, they're different versions of the...
5.5K 211 38
You, a Witch, owned a potion shop in Ebott city where Monsters, Humans and supernatural beings lived in relative harmony. You had once had a chance e...
84.5K 4K 44
Hi guys! First of all I should mention that the story pic isn't mine and of course Fellswap belongs to its original creator. A young hiker, Y/N gets...
33.3K 1.3K 28
this is a love story between swap sans and the reader, the reader falls runs threw MT.Ebott trying to escape her twisted guardians when she is shot i...