Manan - Hold My Hand

By aanchal_89

Manik Malhotra, CEO of Malhotra Groups, He is a private person and likes to have his own space. He has a few... More

"Introduction"
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter 1

Chapter 62

10.9K 879 172
By aanchal_89

"You took your time.",He teased checking her out as he swam closer and stopped at the end.

"Get inside.",Manik said excited and she nodded removing the scarf around her waist and turned to keep it aside on one of the chairs.

She heard him gasp and smirked before turning back and saw him still staring at her.

To tease him a little, she smiled as she walked over to the stairs with a sway of her hips and moved her hairs over one of the shoulders.

She walked down the steps maintaining an eye contact and was satisfied at his reaction. Manik came out of his thoughts as he swam to her side and extend a hand to her.

He immediately pulled her to his chest and placed an arm around her waist. His palm firmly placed on her bare back.

She gasped looking at him wide eyed and he leaned down to her ear.

"Should have thought before teasing me.",Manik whispered dropping a lazy kiss on her cheek moving down to her neck.

She splashed water on his face making him look away in surprise.

"Nandini",Manik warned making her laugh as his hold loosened on her and she splashes water on him getting away.

"Stop there.",Manik said trying to catch her as they swam around running away splashing water on each other.

Manik got a hold of Nandini's hand and pulled her closer. She slips in surprise and falls on him holding him tightly.

"Stop pulling me around.",She said slapping his chest only to blush feeling his firm muscles under her palm.

He smirked running his hand down her back.

"I am just following your lead.",Manik whispered in her ear.

"Manik.",Nandini warned slowly feeling his palm tracing her back.

He bites his lips in mischief as he slowly traced a finger on her spine and she unknowingly leaned to him more.

Nandini saw him smirking at her reaction and tried to compose herself and not fall prey in his hands.

" You know two can play this game right?",Nandini said staring at him. He raised his eyebrow in question.

She raised her hand to his neck tracing his adam apple as it bobbled under her fingers. She smiled moving her hand down to his chest and Manik gulped. His eyes were on her the whole time as she bite her lips slowly teasing him. She could feel his hard muscles and the way his breath stopped for a second as she touched the faint lines of his abs.

He breathed rapidly as her hand go lower and she winked at him.

Unable to stop himself further he grabbed the back of her neck with his other hand and pulled her closer capturing her lips in his.

Her hand falls from his stomach as she wrapped them around his neck to hold him properly as she kissed him back.

Manik's hand moved down brushing against her ass and she gasps letting him push his tongue inside her mouth.

His hand moved down slowly to the back of her upper thigh as he grabbed them firm and wrapped one of her legs around his waist.

His fingers making circles on her thigh. She let out a small moan and tugged his hair as he groaned in her mouth. She pulled back from the kiss to breathe and moved down to his neck dropping kisses down his jaw.

"Nandini",Manik gasped feeling her teeth graze his skin as he closed his eyes.

He wrapped a hand around her waist tightly and turned her around making her lean on the pool wall.

He put her hairs aside staring at her blushed cheeks and neck with water sliding down to her chest.

"You make me go crazy.",Manik murmured nuzzling his nose on her neck and she closes her eyes leaning away to give him more access as she ran her hand through his hair.

"I am crazy for you already.",She breathes down his ear and he smiled dropping a few kisses on her neck.

"Let's get out of the water",Manik whispered pulling back keeping his hand on her waist making circles with his thumb.

She nodded looking up at him pushing some wet strands of hair out of his forehead.

His eyes were still dark, clouded with so many emotions as he watched her every action silently.

"After this.",She murmured losing control at how gorgeous he looked and pulled him down for another kiss making him smile as he kissed her back.

Manik passed her the towel and she took it and gave him a smile as they walked upstairs.

"I will go take a shower in Mukti's room.",Nandini said staring at him and he nodded watching her move out.

She slowly walked out of his room and rushed to Mukti's after being out of his eyes.

Manik quickly took a shower and changed into a tshirt and comfortable pants.

He heard the doorbell and walked down to find Sara with Oscar.

He thanked her and pulled Oscar in giving him food before they walked back to his room.

He heard a knock and turned to see Nandini standing in his oversized hoodie and Mukti's shorts.

"You look comfortable.",Manik said watching her semi-dry hair standing at the door.

"Come here.",He said patting the bed but her eyes were fixed on Oscar laying at the corner of the room.

"He won't bite.",Manik assured and she walked closer to him and immediately sat on the bed pulling the blankets above her.

Manik chuckled and pulled her closer.

"You smell good and my hoodie looks great on you.",Manik said as he leaned closer to her and she smiled getting comfortable in his arms.

"Your hoodie looked so comfortable. I didn't feel like wearing my dress.",Nandini giggled making him smile as he switched on the tv and Oscar stood up immediately and barked at the screen.

"You up for watching Lion king?",Manik asked looking at her and she nodded amused.

He started the tv and Oscar was quick to jump on the bed and stared at Nandini. She was quick to hide herself in Manik's arms.

"He is just going to smell you. I am here.",Manik said assuring her as Oscar took a sniff before going back and sitting on the end of the bed.

Manik smiled as they got comfortable and watched the movie with Oscar getting excited a few times in middle.

"Do you want to stay back? I will drop you in the morning and leave for my work.",Manik asked her in a whisper and she nodded her eyes fixed on the tv screen as she lay her head on his chest.

Manik kissed her head and continued watching the movie with her.

It felt perfect and home having her and Oscar together with him as if the missing puzzle was finally found.

They watched a few other disney movies having pizza for dinner before calling it a night.

Manik had his arms around her pulling her close to him as he spooned her and she slowly turned around in his arms.

"Manik?",She asked in a whisper tilting her head to look up at him.

"Yes.",Manik replied brushing his nose with hers making her smile.

"I have been wanting to ask you something.",Nandini said and Manik noticed she was serious and hummed.

"Did you ever try to find the truth and bring justice for her?",Nandini asked slowly and Manik was surprised at her question but nodded.

"When all of this happened, I was quite young to do something. I tried to find out later on but I couldn't do much. They blamed her for spoiling an innocent model's life for publicity. There was so many assumptions and stories of her ruining innocent lives to make a comeback. I didn't have any proof to say that it was all an accident and she was not at fault. The model who was the victim even gave strong statements and I couldn't do anything against it. So I tried my best to atleast keep her out of the media and not tarnish her image more.",Manik explained and Nandini was lost in thoughts.

" You really think it was an accident?",Nandini asked in a whisper and Manik looked down at her.

" What do you mean? It was intentional?",Manik asked with a frown.

" Hear me out. I have spent my college days obsessed with her and have studied the incident hundred times because I never believed she could have done something like that. I am a designer myself and with dresses that are risky we take a lot of precautions and dress trials. ",Nandini said to him as he still kept staring at her.

" The dress that the model wore that day was of one of her new collection. She was being innovative and had did a fusion at that time of oversized coat with skirts in bold prints. It was one of the outfit and the wardrobe malfunction occured because the only coat button broke during the walk and she flashed herself infront of everyone but it doesn't make sense.",Nandini tried to explain to him.

" I am not getting you Nandini. You can't guarantee that the button would be secure. It was an accident.",Manik said not understanding what she was trying to say.

" And we know that Manik. That's the reason why we always secure such outfits from inside too. From outside the button is the only thing holding it but almost every designer, to secure the outfit places another button or pin hidden inside to be safe during the walk and your mother was one of them. I don't believe it was an accident.", Nandini tried to make him understand and he frowned.

" Nandini I understand what you are saying but it's all assumptions. I am not going to let her name get tarnished again because of some mere assumptions. Maybe she made a mistake and forgot to secure it that day. I just...I don't want to talk about it more.",Manik said firmly and she sighed knowing it was for the best.

Her words kept running in his head as he wondered if that was the case.

Nandini looked at him disturbed and moved closer.

" Sorry. Let's sleep it off. ",She said feeling guilty to worry him and he nodded closing his eyes.

Nandini kept her head on his chest as she thought about it and wondered what if her assumptions were true and someone actually framed her. She knew she had to give it another shot, she won't tell Manik about it now because it would give him hope and what if she was wrong and she didn't find anything to prove her assumptions. She can't let him get hurt again. She will have to do it herself and she will.

Manik woke up the next day with her in his arms and smiled kissing her head.

He got out of the bed slowly seeing it was early for her and worked out a little before freshening up and watched her still sleeping.

He walked closer to bed and lay on his side tugging her a little to have her face him and she turned around in his arms.

He brushed the strands of hair out of her face and caressed her cheeks.

"Good Morning.",Manik whispered and she nodded snuggling close to him.

" I will go get ready for the meeting. You can sleep for a while more.",Manik said kissing her cheeks and she smiled holding him close not wanting him to leave.

" 2 minutes. ",He said getting out of her arms and walked to his closet coming back with white shirt and dark blue striped trousers.

He was tucking his shirt properly when he watched her sitting on the bed still half sleepy.

" Wanna help me out with this buttons. ",Manik asked showing his hand and she smiled and got out of the bed crawling till the end as she kneel and he walked closer to her.

She buttoned it for him and he smiled picking up his jacket.

" You are not wearing a tie? ",Nandini asked looking at him.

" It's not needed. I am just checking the site today and have an informal meeting with a client. ",Manik said as he put on his watch.

" And why is it on a sunday?",Nandini asked again with a frown.

" Because the client is flying back tomorrow and It's important.",Manik said and she sighed.

" Fine I can't be greedy now. Call me when you are free.",Nandini said with a pout and he nodded.

" I will. Go and get ready. I will start with the breakfast and drop you on the way.",Manik said and she nodded walking to Mukti's room as he walked downstairs.

She quickly got ready and put on the top and jeans she wore yesterday but kept the hoodie on as the weather was a little cold today.

She smelled the coffee as she walked down and gestured him to sit down as she served the toast, fruits and cereal on the table and brought their coffee.

"What are you doing today?",Manik asked her taking a bite of the toast.

"Probably some designs and think of the label name.",She said thinking about it and Manik nodded as he quickly finished his breakfast along with her brainstorming some names.

She helped him wear the jacket as they walked out.

"What about my Car?",She asked him.

"I will get someone to send it over.",Manik said her as he opened the door for her and she buckled herself.

Manik reached her home and she smiled turning to him picking up her bag.

"When am I seeing you again?",Manik asked her.

"Whenever you want. If you are free sometime this week, come over the studio. I would show you around. ",Nandini said and he nodded kissing her cheek.

" I will call you later. ",Manik said with a smile and she nodded.

" Take care. ",Nandini said pulling the car door open and getting out.

She leaned down and gave him a wave walking to her house.

He watched her get inside and started the car.

Nandini shut the door behind her and walked inside only to be greeted by Cabir and Navya in the kitchen baking.

"I won't say I missed seeing you here. Honestly I didn't.",Nandini teased and Cabir smirked.

" Well I did missed you, Cutie. ",Cabir replied and wrapped an arm around her.

"So, How was yesterday sleeping over at his place?",Navya asked leaning on the counter.

" It was good. ",Nandini said trying to get away but Cabir pulled her back.

" Give us something more. It's the first time you stayed over officially without any excuses. ",Cabir said curious and Nandini gave them a look before sighing.

" We went for a swim and then watched Lion king with Oscar and a bunch of other disney movie before sleeping. ",Nandini said with a straight face and Cabir rolled his eyes at her.

" Swim? ",Navya asked and Nandini nodded trying not to blush remembering their moments from yesterday.

" Hmm Hmm. ",She said distracted.

" Fine I got it. You won't be spilling anything. Here try this. ",Navya said forwarding a cookie and Nandini took a bite.

" It's okay. Need some more sugar. ",Nandini said her and Navya glares at Cabir.

" I told you it was 2 cups of sugar but you didn't listen to me. ",Navya said him annoyed.

" It seemed a lot at that time. I am trying on a new diet. ",Cabir explained himself and Navya continued glaring at him.

" I will be in my room. Call me if you guys need anything. ",Nandini said going inside her room and started working on the designs getting comfortable.

Her eyes falls on the calendar and she remembered Navya and Manik's birthdays are coming up.

Navya's birthday is in a little less than 3 weeks while Manik's is a month away.

She put a reminder for their gifts and discussing with everyone about it.

After working for some hours, she took a break and decided to learn more about the scandal to see if she can find anything that can help prove that Annie Kapoor was innocent.

After reading a lot of articles, going through the victims statement and the whole investigation. She was sure that there's something missing. It simply didn't add up.

Her heart ache more when she read some old articles that surfaced about young Manik and pictures of Media surrounding him with camera and mic.

She felt guilty for doing this behind his back but she was now more determined to find out the truth. Sure she was doing it for Manik who still feels like he failed to protect his mother when he was in no position to help her but she was also doing it for herself, she needed to give it back to the women who made her who she is today. During her college days she had tried but not enough but now she wasn't going to give up.

The next day she was in the studio designing when she got a call from Ishaan.

"Hey",She said surprised.

"Were you busy?",Ishaan asked sounding a little urgent.

"No tell me.",Nandini said seriously.

"Are you free to meet me today?",Ishaan asked her and she heard the desperate in his voice.

"Sure after work?",She suggested sketching on the paper.

"How about now? I will see you in 20 minutes at the cafe near your studio.",Ishaan said and Nandini agreed wondering what's wrong.

She found herself sitting on the cafe Ishaan mentioned with a cup of coffee in her hand as she stared at Ishaan.

"Tell me. What happened?",Nandini asked raising an eyebrow.

"I found something and I needed to share it with someone. I was not sure if I should approach Manik on this and Cabir gets super worried so I called you instead.",Ishaan said nervously and Nandini nodded.

"It's fine. You can talk to me.",Nandini said and he leaned closer.

"Manik asked me to help with pulling down the articles about her.",Ishaan said and Nandini nodded wondering why he is talking about it after more than a week. The articles were down already.

"I know he told me.",Nandini said and Ishaan nodded.

"So my team were a little suspicious as they kept coming back so I asked them to do a small investigation for the reason behind it. I suspected someone was involved behind this. ",Ishaan shared with her and she was surprised hearing him.

"They reported back to me. It seemed like I was right and no surprises on who was behind it.",Ishaan said frustrated and Nandini looked at him confirming her guess.

"Shravan?",She asked and Ishaan nodded.

"I know about the scandal involving her and when Manik shared she is his mom. I understood the reason why he wants her name out of media but Shravan bringing her to this is not good. He is playing dirty and if my suspicions are right then it's not going to end well.",Ishaan said and Nandini narrowed her eyes at him.

"What do you mean? Is it about the board meeting?",Nandini asked and Ishaan nodded.

"I feel like Sharvan is planning to let everyone know about their connection and if this gets out first it will surely affect Manik personally but professionally it will be worse. Right now Manik was just a normal kid adopted by the Malhotra's. Nobody cared about his past family but once it gets out. The media will keep digging more. They will want to know about the connection between Mr. Malhotra and her, about Manik. ",Ishaan tried to explain to her.

Nandini imagined everything and felt hurt thinking about it more.

" I don't see how Shravan is at a advantage here other than hurting Manik. I mean the whole Malhotra group will be under another scandal. It will ruin his reputation too.",Nandini asked composing herself and Ishaan sighed.

" Business world is tricky. As long as you have the power in your hands in the end, a few casualties is nothing. For shravan losing a little reputation is like that. The shareholders will obviously pressurize the board who are already in mid of choosing the next chairman. Choosing Manik is out of the question. They will appoint Shravan obviously. Give a few statements out asking for apology. To show the world, they may suspend Manik too for a few days.",Ishaan explained everything to her calmly and Nandini took a minute to settle everything in her mind.

" I can't believe someone can go to such extents for power. Why do you think he hates Manik?",Nandini couldn't help herself ask.

" You want to know my honest answer.",Ishaan asked and she nodded.

" He is jealous .",Ishaan said and Nandini sighed.

" We can't let him do this. We have to stop it.",Nandini said thinking about it hard.

" I know. I have asked my team to keep an eye on anything and immediately work on it. I just... Do you think I should tell Manik about this?",Ishaan asked her.

" He has a lot on his plates right now and I don't want him getting distracted. This was what Shravan wanted in first place.",Ishaan said and Nandini stopped giving it a thought.

Manik deserved to know the truth. He won't like being kept in shadows.

" I understand but he would prefer knowing it. I think he already has an idea it's shravan. If he gets to know it later. He is gonna get very pissed off.",Nandini said sounding like a hypocrite for herself hiding something from him and Ishaan nodded.

" You are right. I will talk to him.",Ishaan said nodding leaning back on the chair.

Nandini stared at him hesitating to ask her next question.

" Ishaan.",She murmured and he turned to her.

" About her scandal. What do you think?", She asked hesitating. Ishaan thought over it.

" I think she was framed.",Ishaan said with a shrug and sipped his coffee.

"Really?",she asked surprised.

He hummed leaning closer.

"I don't know if the wardrobe malfunction was intentional as they claimed but just think about this. It wasn't the first time a wardrobe malfunction took place. Actually to be precise it was the third that year and no one blew out like hers did. It seems suspicious because the last two were also known designers. There was some talks about it but it was gone very soon.",Ishaan shared and she was surprised at this new piece of information and noted to check this later.

Ishaan watched her determined look and could actually see what's going on in her mind.

" Nope, you aren't getting involved in this. He won't like it.",Ishaan said immediately shaking his head.

" But you just said she was framed. Don't you want the truth to be out.",Nandini asked pleading with her eyes.

" Nandini you aren't understanding. It's a huge risk with Shravan already behind us to reveal the truth. One wrong move and we will be making it worse for Manik.",Ishaan said and she sighed.

" That's more reason why we should find the truth so that we can protect Manik if we aren't able to stop Shravan from revealing. Just think about it. We will be careful. Nobody would get an idea about what we are doing. If we are even 1 % correct then we should investigate and get to know the truth.",Nandini tried to reason with him and he thought about it.

" Does he know what's going on inside your head?",Ishaan asked with a sigh and she frowned a little.

" Not yet. I will tell him when I find something. I don't want to give him hope.",Nandini said slowly and Ishaan ran his hand through his hair.

" Nandini you are risking a lot here. Give it some more thought. You guys are in a relationship. It would hurt him knowing you went behind his back to do something that he confided you in private.",Ishaan said putting his hand over her to make her understand.

" I know but I can't just sit silently knowing I had a chance to find her justice. She is my idol too and you know that Manik needs it. Sure he will be a little hurt but look at the bigger picture, I know he trusts me and when I explain him everything and he sees the complete truth about the scandal, he will understand.",Nandini said him hoping she is right and he doesn't get much upset and Ishaan nodded seeing her determined.

" I am not 100% up for it but I know you will still go ahead and I can't let you do this alone.",Ishaan said and she smiled coming over and giving him a hug.

" But But... we are telling him the moment anything goes wrong or it feels suspicious.",Ishaan put a condition and she nodded immediately.

" You are an idiot. Why go to such hard lengths for this. He is past this now. ",Ishaan asked as they walked out of the Cafe and took a small walk back to her studio.

" He is worth it.",Nandini replied with a smile on her face and Ishaan stared at her.

" You love him.",Ishaan stated watching her and she turned to him surprised.

" I do.",She murmured walking ahead again.

" When did this happen?",Ishaan asked suddenly excited to know more as he wrapped his hand around her shoulder.

" During the trip.",She answered with a blush.

" I would need more details. Like when did you actually realised you love him. Was it just a moment or it was a process. Have you told him yet?",Ishaan asked and she turned to him raising an eyebrow.

"You seem too excited.",Nandini said narrowing her eyes at him.

"I watched a few more romantic movies with Ahana. I just want to know if whatever shit they show in the tv is actually real.",Ishaan asked and Nandini blushed and briefed him a little as they reached near her studio.

"I can't believe you have managed to hide it from him. Why don't you confess already?",Ishaan asked curious.

"Don't want to rush it. I want him to be on the same page as me when I confess this time. I would like to hear him say it back.",Nandini said with a dreamy look in her eyes.

"Aren't you adorable?",Ishaan said ruffling her hair and she gave him a glare.

She turned to stare ahead and came face to face with Manik who was leaning on his car and watching them.

Nandini smiled wide seeing him and when his eyes met hers, he narrowed his eyes at her ,glaring at Ishaan who turned to him too surprised to see him here.

"Manik, What a surprise? You didn't tell me you were coming.",Nandini said excited as she rushed to his side and gave him a hug.

He smiled hugging her back and gave the flowers he got for her.

"Thanks.",Nandini said looking at her flowers.

"Hey",Ishaan greeted Manik who nodded at him in return.

"What are you doing here? And where did you guys go?",Manik asked glaring at Ishaan and he gave an apologetic look in return.

"Oh that. We went for coffee. He had something to say. Come inside. Ishaan wants to talk to you too.",Nandini said and he looked at them suspicious.

"Stop glaring at him and come inside.",Nandini said grabbing his hand and he sighed stopping her as he fixed her hair all while glaring at Ishaan who realised the reason and smirked teasing him.

"Don't let him touch your hair again.",Manik muttered under his breath and Nandini looked up hearing him.

"I won't.",She said amused at him being possessive of her hair and kissed his cheeks not able to stop herself as they walked inside.

Manik looked around and the studio was quite big and spacious. It was empty right now but he could see it will come out well.

Nandini guided them to the big sofa placed on one end with a small table infront of it. She cleaned her designs putting it aside.

Aditya was using her office for some interviews till his got ready, so she got herself busy in this small corner. She liked the lighting here. It was comfortable too.

"I will get you Coffee. Ishaan do you want another?",Nandini asked him and he nodded in no.

"You guys talk.",Nandini said and Ishaan gave her a small smile.

Manik was a little confused about everything and turned to Ishaan waiting for an explanation.

Ishaan took a deep breath and explained everything he got to know from his team.

"I had an idea but I was not sure he would actually go ahead with it after so many years.",Manik said a little frustrated.

"Maybe I am wrong and he just wants to scare you to throw you off.",Ishaan tried to comfort him.

"We both know that's not happening. Anyway thanks for telling me this.",Manik said patting his back and Ishaan nodded.

"You don't have to worry. I have already told my team to keep an eye.",Ishaan assured him and Manik smiled appreciating the help.

Nandini brought the coffee and gave it to him as she took a seat beside Manik.

"I have some work. So I will leave first.",Ishaan said standing up and they nodded.

He gave a hug to Nandini.

"We will discuss later.",He whispered and she nodded as he kissed her head and gave a small hug to Manik too before leaving.

Manik pulled her to sit with him as he kept one hand around hers and sipped the coffee.

"I thought you had work.",Nandini said putting her head on his shoulder.

"I finished early. Have another meeting later. You asked me to drop by the studio so I am here. Now tell me all about your plans.",He asked and she nodded and pulled her designs showing him her label collection and line she will be starting with.

She then toured him around telling him how everything is gonna look like and he nodded.

"Sounds good. I am proud of you.",he said actually impressed by everything she has managed to do.

"I thought of a name.",Nandini said excited remembering about it and Manik turned to her curious.

"Meraki",She said and Manik looked at her puzzled.

" It's a greek word. It means the soul, creativity or love you put into something. To do something with Passion. It felt perfect.",Nandini explained and Manik thought over it.

"I like it.",Manik said murmuring it under his breath till he got a hang of it.

"Really?",She asked excited and he nodded kissing her head.

"Everything seems to be falling in place and I can't be more than glad.",She said and he nodded understanding what she meant.

"How are you holding up?",She asked when they reached the roof of the building.

Manik watched the traffic down the road lost in thoughts.

Nandini walked closer to his side and kept her hand above his.

He turned to her and sighed pulling her in his arms.

"I don't know anymore what I should do and how I should react. Anything I could think of ends with him revealing it to the world.",Manik said slowly and Nandini felt her heart pain watching him helpless.

"I wasn't able to protect her the first time and I am scared I will let her down again.",Manik said his voice breaking a little and Nandini held him tighter.

" You won't. I believe you Manik and I know you won't let her down. You never did. I bet she is very proud of you and she will always be. We won't let anything happen. I am here with you . Cabir, Mukti, Navya, Ishaan we all are here with you. You aren't alone in this. You have nothing to be scared of. We will find a way.",Nandini said promising herself to find the truth in any way.

" Sometimes I wonder if it's actually worth it. I mean I could just give up and let him have what he wants. He will stop bothering me and I can be in peace.",Manik said thinking of giving up and Nandini caressed his hair.

" You deserve it Manik. You have worked hard, very hard for this. If you aren't happy it's okay to quit but giving up just because a foolish jerk keeps creating problems in your way. That's not you. I know how strong you are and you can do this. Have faith in yourself.",Nandini said him and he nodded slowly pulling away to look at her.

" Did I tell you how glad I was to have you in my life?",Manik asked staring at her pushing a strand of her hair behind her ear.

" Doesn't hurt to say it again.",Nandini said amused with a smile and he chuckles leaning close as he put his forehead on hers.

She closed her eyes and felt his breath over her face as he spoke.

" I am glad I agreed to go with Cabir to watch that stupid movie. I am glad to say Yes to work with you. I am glad I took up Mukti's advice and decided to give you a chance. I am glad I initiated our friendship. I am glad I trusted you. I am glad I went to that weekend party. I am glad I forced you to take part in that competition. I am glad I came to your house that day. I am glad I finally asked you out and I am so fucking glad I did all that because I have you here in my life, right in my arms.",Manik whispered the confession and Nandini could feel how sincere and emotional he was. She felt emotional too hearing him.

" Good because I am glad to have you in my life too. ",Nandini whispered wrapping her arms around his neck as she leaned in closer and he kissed her immediately pulling her to him.

The kiss felt different from the other times. It was sweet and gentle as they both took their time exploring each other mouths. Nandini hands move to the front of his jacket as she pulled back to breathe and opened her eyes to look up at him.

Her breath hitched and she could swore she saw his eyes shining just like hers always did when she thinks about him, with love.

Manik caressed her cheeks with his thumb and kissed her head pulling her in a hug.

"Do you want to come with me as my date for the Malhotra Groups 30th anniversary party?", Manik asked her and she looked up at him.

" Are you sure?",Nandini asked knowing they were indirectly making it official to everyone and Manik had said it isn't the right time to make it official.

" We can go as friends. I know what I said earlier. I would like you to be there. ",Manik insisted and she nodded.

" Who do you take every year for this events?",Nandini asked curious.

" Sara or Mukti. I have to bribe them to come with me.",He replied and she nodded staring at him.

" I will be there by your side from now on.",Nandini whispered kissing his cheeks.

"Promise? You won't back out after knowing how boring and annoying this events are.",Manik asked raising an eyebrow.

" I didn't back out after finding how boring and annoying you are. I won't back out now from an event.",Nandini teased him and he frowned at her.

"Say that again.",He asked as his hands move to her waist. His legs locked behind her as he trapped her and tickled her sides making her laugh out loud.

"Sorry Sorry I was kidding.",Nandini said breathing hard.

"Say I am the most entertaining Boyfriend.",Manik asked and Nandini smirked leaning close to his ear.

"I know I am the most entertaining and the only boyfriend you got.", She said and dropped a small kiss on his neck. Her eyes moved to a small mark on his skin and she moved his collar aside and looked at it surprised before looking up at him.

He looked at her and smirked.

"Oh Darling, this is all your doing. Don't get me started on how embarassing it was when Sara pointed it out and I didn't know how to hide it. Do you know how frustrating it is to button up till the neck all day.",Manik said and she smiled with a little blush.

" I like it.",She said dropping another kiss over it.

" Ofcourse you do.",Manik said knowing her.

" I will help you with makeup.",Nandini said pulling back and he nodded.

" Let's go.",Manik said grabbing her hand as they went down.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

660K 30.4K 69
MANAN LOVE IN FASHION HOUSE - totally different concept with a MaNan feel in it... Hope you will like it...Please do share your comments will lov...
145K 6.7K 54
Highest Rankings :- #1 on friendship out of 292k #4 on emotions out of 48k #1 on bestfriendsforever out of 513 #1 on bff out of 9k #8 on darkness...
You and I By

General Fiction

50.9K 3.9K 71
Nandini Murthy A girl who used to be the most cheerful is now a silent version of herself. A silent spectator in the life around her. A child's worse...
222K 13.9K 47
What's meant to be will be. Manik Malhotra. Nandini Murthy. Meant to be together? Maybe? Or with someone else? A story that revolves around everyday...