young & alive | yang jungwon

By ursotubular

"do you actually hate jungwon? i'm starting to believe you don't." the two have been bickering back and forth... More

intro
chapter 1.
chapter 2.
chapter 3.
chapter 4.
chapter 5.
chapter 6.
chapter 7.
chapter 8.
chapter 9.
chapter 10.
chapter 11.
chapter 12.
chapter 13.
chapter 14.
chapter 15.
chapter 16.
chapter 17.
chapter 18.
chapter 19.
chapter 20.
chapter 21.
chapter 22.
chapter 23.
chapter 24.
chapter 25.
chapter 26.
chapter 27.
chapter 28.
chapter 29.
chapter 30.
chapter 31.
chapter 32.
readers qna!
chapter 33.
chapter 35.
chapter 36.
chapter 37.
chapter 38.
chapter 39.
chapter 40.
chapter 41.
end! + behind the scenes book

chapter 34.

5.8K 271 133
By ursotubular

"wait, stop. what do you mean you got detention?"

okay so it might've slipped out of the girl's mouth when she was talking about her day at the dinner table.

"i-it wasn't technically my fault! i didn't—,"

eunji's defense was no use as both her parents were now giving her glares that weren't upset, just more so disappointed, which to her, was comparably worse.

mrs. choi's voice started to get louder as it continued sinking into her mind. "what happened to you? i thought you were doing good in school, why are you letting yourself slip like that?"

eunji set down her utensils, staring at the unreadable emotions both her parents' faces wore.

"mom, i know, i'm sorry. i know i messed up, i wasn't trying to get detention. you know i'm trying my best!"

on the other side of the table, eunji's father sat there with his hand against his forehead, shaking his head in disappointment.

when her mother realized that there was no way to change the outcome, she finally slapped the table and let out a sigh.

"if you were more like that one boy from your banquet, you wouldn't have gotten in trouble."

eunji wiped the remaining tears that formed on her face with her sleeve, questioning what she heard. "you mean ... jungwon?"

after some recalling. her mom's face lit up at the memories of him being a gentleman came back. "yes, that one! i haven't seen him around much, do you still talk to him?"

eunji tried her best to stifled an incoming laugh that mixed with her hoarse voice, having to cough to cover any noises up. "i guess you could say we're close."

"i'm glad, he was so polite when he came over!" her mother's instant mood switch at the mention of the boy made eunji's lips perk up into a slight smile, finding the admiration cute.

"i seriously can't believe i'm saying this, but spend more time with jungwon. maybe the boy will influence you to behave better." if eunji wasn't jungwon's #1 fan, then her mother most definitely was.

the girl silently chuckled as she nodded in response. her mother started cleaning up the table, getting everyone to help her carry the food back to the kitchen.

————————— <3 —————————

"so i leave lunch early for one day and you're telling me this bitch got you detention?"

hueningkai and eunji were once again sat in the one class where they had just the two of them, recapping on the chase the boy missed.

"welllll, technically i might have jumped on his back and caused us to get caught soooo," the girl rapidly mentioned. "but to be fair, if he didn't take my phone in the first place, we wouldn't even be in this situation!"

kai put his hand on his pouting friend's shoulder and gave her a saddened look. "so basically you both are in the wrong ... but hey, i mean it's good bonding time i guess? its like two people in group therapy falling in love but this time it's high school detention."

eunji gave the boy a slight shove before letting out a defeated sigh, looking at the digital clock on the classroom wall. "well, i guess it's go time?"

the boy chuckled as he got up and fixed the misplaced pieces of her hair before sending her off. he found it funny how all these years of their friendship, this was one of the rare time he's seen his best friend this worried.

"good luck detention haver!" hueningkai bubbly shouted down the hall. people started to turn their heads to see who he was talking to, so perhaps she might've started walking a little faster away from her classroom.

...

while speed walking away from her last class of the day, she realized she had one slight problem. where was the detention room? eunji had never been there, in fact, with such a clean record there was no need for her to be there.

yet, after a good 10 minutes and building up the courage to ask a nearby teacher for directions, she finally made it to the door which she presumed, lead to where she needed to be.

"pass please?" the woman at the front of the room quietly asked.

catching her breath, she handed over the piece of paper and looked up, scanning the room and those in it. her face softened when she found jungwon but   then she found someone too familiar for her liking.

eunji found a seat far, far away from him even if it meant that she was farther away from jungwon, hoping that he'd probably understand.

yet, the peace and distance didn't last long as within the first five minutes of sitting down, she got hit with a paper ball.

if it was coming from jungwon then she probably would have at least liked it a little bit, but in min doyum's case, it was the last thing she wanted to deal with today.

"pssst," the older loudly whispered at her when he got no response. seeing her face not change at all, he scribbled another message on a piece of paper and balled it up, again throwing it at the girl.

with every hit and every whisper, eunji was starting to get fed up, she was tir—

"you're both new faces in here, why are you in here?"

eunji quickly snapped her neck to where she heard the sound coming from, realizing that it was the teacher that asked.

"it was her fault."
"it was his fault." they both said at the same time.

the teacher let out a chuckle at the two teens pointing fingers at each other, a refreshing feeling of growing up. eunji was appreciative of the woman's weird amusement but how could she be so blind to not notice the quickly forming mountain of paper balls?

"come on honey," doyum continued at the sight of the teacher looking away. "you seriously won't open a single one?"

the petname was the final strike for her.

"you know what? i don't care about all these stupid messages you're writing me, you're just wasting your time. and i'm sorry," eunji continued as she faced the teacher, "for talking when i'm not supposed to, but he's been making me uncomfortable for the past 30 minutes and you're the only person i can tell."

quickly riding off the adrenaline that was now pumping through her body, she stared at the wide-eyed boy, who was now staring back at the teacher.

"min doyum," mrs. lee coldly pointed, "get over here. come with me."

...

by the time the one hour detention was over, eunji let out the biggest sigh of relief, immediately walking over to jungwon. however, as soon as she got close, he quickly pulled her into possibly one of the tightest hugs the girl had ever felt.

"i'm so sorry i didn't do anything sooner," the boy murmured in the embrace.

"it's okay!" she had to reassure him multiple times, "i stood up for myself, i got it, don't worry."

they finally made their way out of the school, even trying to hold back a laugh when they spotted a teary-eyed doyum still getting lectured by the teacher in the stairwell.

finally exiting the building, they dropped their heavy backpacks and laid on the two opposite sides of the same bench outside their school.

"you know, you were really badass back there. couldn't expect nothing less from my eunji," jungwon chuckled but quietly murmured the "my" part of his sentence.

"yang jungwon, always my number one hater and my number one fan," eunji gave the boy a wide smile as memories from the night before suddenly popped up in her head.

"hey, did you know that when my mom found out i got detention, they told me that if i was more like you, i wouldn't have gotten detention?"

jungwon tilted his head in confusion, "but i'm literally here too? did you tell her that?"

the girl nervously laughed, "uh, so about that." she nervously scratched the back of her neck before rambling, "so i might not have and she went on this whole thing last night about how you were so polite when you came over and how i should spend more time with you cause and i quote, 'maybe the boy will influence me to behave better.'"

the boy raised his eyebrow and slid from his side of the bench to next to her, wrapping an arm around her shoulder. "if me being around is what'll get you to behave better, i guess we just gotta hang out together more."

"kidding!" he quickly took back his words and his arm after getting tragically hit on the head with a folder. "but i'll bike with you home alright? some bonding time, your mom would like it," jungwon snickered.

"you're so annoying actually," eunji laughed before shaking her head as they picked up their bags and started walking to the bike rack.

— a/n
thank you so much for 12k reads!! even with these super slow updates, i'm glad people are still enjoying and reading cause it makes me super happy :)

qoc (question of chapter?): —
do y'all have any photocards you specifically want? i want the teddy bear jungwon one SO BAD, but i will literally go broke buying albums because i refuse to become a person that buys photocards LMFAO

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

152K 9.7K 55
A story about a popular girl who had a huge crush on school's bad boy. Everything was normal until she met someone who looked exactly like her crush...
111K 5.4K 38
(!it was written before heeseung corrected his english name!) Kim Sunoo's life was so easy and beautiful. But that was until the Lee's became the Kim...
30K 1.2K 24
◜📓◞ School Sunshine ,, P.sh & K.sn ╭─ "Let's be together, forever." @fairypiles ꒷꒥ Status ﹕ Completed ❐ ➭ Started ﹕ November 28, 2021 ❏ ➭ Ended ﹕...
678K 31.7K 34
(Bad Boy AU) „𝐻𝑒 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑘𝑠 ℎ𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑙𝑦 𝑜𝑓 ℎ𝑖𝑚𝑠𝑒𝑙𝑓" Who thought that the school's bad boy would fall for someone like her |Fir...