EMBERS • HAECHAN (Not Finishe...

By Neo_Chieri

•"I know there is a compliment somewhere deep inside of you and I'll take it." •"You piece of shit." •"Ah, th... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Thank Youuu🙆‍♀️🙆‍♀️🙆‍♀️💚💚💚
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
To my precious readers♡
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115

Chapter 116

2K 62 49
By Neo_Chieri

Hello my lovely Cherries😊🍒

I hope all of you are well,
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!🌲🎉🎁

We had everything planned out.
Renjun's group would take Jun and The8 to the police station while the others would search for the rest of their gang. Over the last year, NCT and DRGNS had collected enough evidence to prove that SVT was involved in several crimes that could get each of their members into jail for a very long time.
Nayeon only had to present them the files and that would initiate new investigations.

In the meantime, Sungchan and I would observe the business area from the top of the buildings and help the other groups navigate through the streets. There were many police officers who were patrolling there since we had given them the tip to evacuate the nearest buildings. Although Jun had told us they were going to kidnap someone, we had warned the police just in case so nothing worse could happen.

The other groups were already at their positions, ready to be led by the two of us and determined to stop SVT's plans once and for all. We could do it.
I believed in it with my entire heart.

„Do you need help?" I smiled at the brunette next to me who had been struggling setting up his sniper rifle for quite some time now. Slightly embarrassed, his lips pressed into a thin line before he inhaled deeply and shook his head.
„I'm fine", he insisted but smiled back warmly. „I just haven't used it in a while. That's all."

Understanding, my gaze shifted away from him and wandered off to the many streets below us. Being so close to the edge of a high building sure was a bit terrifying but I was already used to this kind of thrill. Sungchan however seemed to be more nervous and I was hoping seeing the others could distract him a litte.

„There they are", I nudged his shoulder and nodded my head at the display I was holding in both my hands. Sungchan and I had access to every security camera of stores and buildings as well as cameras we had set up two weeks ago. There was a huge map laying in front of us that showed every alley and every street which was supposed to help us out.
We were definitely prepared and I was confident about todays final mission.

The taller suddenly pointed to one of the videos playing and immediately pressed a button on his earpiece.
„Group 3, you're going to run into a group of officers if you turn left now. Wait a few seconds and then go the opposite direction instead."

There was a short silence before Mark's voice appeared in our ear with a simple, „Got it."
Right after, it was silent again and the two of us observed group 3 do exactly as they were told and wait at the corner of a street.

„Nice one", I softly punched Sungchan's shoulder and kept watching the cameras.
„I didn't even notice."

„Well, my eyes aren't my charming points for nothing."

„You spend to much time with Hyuck, I can tell."

We laughed a little at the disgusted tone in my voice and I must admit, I needed that. The nervousness was killing me and I had the constant feeling of throwing up.

„Team 4, turn left after the next street."

Once again, someone confirmed their order but I didn't pay too much attention on who answered. I was way too focused on the cameras shown on the display, eager to catch a glimpse of the notorious gang we've all been waiting for.
The entire mission went on like this for about fifteen minutes, Sungchan and I telling the other groups when they got too close to the police while observing them from afar. It was nerve-wrecking indeed to not have a single sign of our enemies and the more time passed, the bigger my impatience grew.
There was no possibility they had vanished for good. That's nothing they would voluntarily do.

I was about to tie my shoes new after another ten minutes of boredom when I noticed a swift movement in one of the many cameras. For a moment, I wasn't too sure if I had only imagined it or not, carefully zooming in on said camera and squinting my eyes at an alley behind a convenience store. Sungchan looked at me in confusion, not seeing anything special from that angle.

„Is there something?" He asked interested though nothing seemed to happen in the video.
„I'm not sure", I mumbled under my breath, my eyes almost glued to the screen in front of me. „I thought there was something in camera 13 but it doesn't look- Wait, there!"

I immediately shut myself up when I noticed how loud my voice got, hoping dearly that there was no one around who accidentally had heard my sudden yell. The brunette NCT member quickly leaned towards the screen.
„What, where?"

I zoomed in again and there it was, a hooded head barely peeking out from behind a big dumpster. Just as fast as his head showed, the person with the black mask already hid behind the container again, leaving the scene as if nothing had happened. „Is there another camera with a better angle? We can't send one of the groups there if we don't know how many there are."

Just like Sungchan suggested it, I hastily tapped around the display, jumping from camera to camera in oder to find a better view on the guy hiding. It took a few tries but I finally got a better sight although it was further away than expected.
There were around six people hiding in an alley behind trash containers, all of them completely in black with head-covering masks on. It didn't matter how close the camera was, we couldn't have seen their faces either way.

„They don't look like they're from the police... it's gotta be them." I bit my lip brooding, attention solely on the six figures crouching in that alley. Where were the rest of them?
„Taeyong's group is the closest to the convenience store. Tell them where they have to go and maybe call another group to back them up."

Without hesitation, the taller did as he was told, once again pressing on his earpiece before talking out loud. „Taeyong, we found six of them. They're currently in an alley four streets away from you and they-„

Sungchan automatically stopped talking when he looked back at the display, noticing how one of the six people unexpectedly started running out from his hiding spot.
We watched in bewilderment when the other five members stayed behind, almost seeming clueless as well about what was going on.
Something was wrong but I couldn't figure out what it was. Soon the five hooded guys began chasing after the first guy, somehow sprinting right in Taeyong's direction.

„What is it?" The leader asked loudly through his earpiece, not knowing what we were seeing.

„They... they're running down the streets right towards you", Sungchan continued.

„Good for us then. We're ready to take them down."

Without anything else being said, I observed Taeyong's group on one of the cameras, all of them immediately starting to run as well. They held their guns firmly while the weight of the bulletproof vests put additional pressure on them. Although I wanted to search for the other SVT members, I couldn't get myself to look away.
The next confrontation between the three gangs could be fatal and I had to see everything that was about to unfold.

I saw Doyoung and Jihyo in the same group as the infamous leader, their glares alone able to kill if someone ended up being their victim. They were only one last street away, maybe just a few meters until they finally saw their target.

"Stop right there!" I heard Taeyong speak up oddly calm but cold, definitely trying to seem dangerous.

I immediately held my breath when they came to a halt, pointing their weapons right at the first person that ran around the corner.
It was a guy maybe around Jeno's height, not as muscular, his figure was definitely skinnier. Because of the black mask, I couldn't tell which SVT member it was but he automatically froze in place when he saw the many guns pointed at his head.

I expected him to raise a gun as well or maybe something worse but instead, he nervously dropped the gun he was trying to pull out from his belt. His body was shaking, his eyes shifting from one gang member to the other an then...then...
He took off?
The man suddenly ran back the way he had come from while leaving his own weapon behind in a flash.

„After him!" Taeyong yelled loudly though I knew he was confused as well.

What on earth was happening?
First he runs right into our arms and then quickly decides to try and hide again? The other five hooded people had turned around too as soon as they had seen their mate being chased, all of them now sprinting back the way they had come from in the first place.

„I don't get it", I mumbled while Sungchan jumped from camera to camera to observe the chase. "It doesn't make any sense."

My eyes were fixed on the screen while the weird feeling of uneasiness only got worse. Something was off, definitely, but I couldn't make up my mind. Instead, I watched as our people got closer and closer to the group running away. I expected SVT to be faster than us but Taeyong and Doyoung were quickly able to narrow the gap.
They were only another meter away when Taeyong decided to lunge forward, his arms instantly wrapping around the last persons body before tackling them to the ground.

Their bodies made an hard impact with the street, both of them rolling a few times while the rest of our group tackled the guys' members as well.
Soon, our people were each holding one of them with a tight grip, ready if someone chose to try and sprint off again. Taeyong on the other hand was hovering over the man he had caught, his brought shoulders and tall appearance only adding to his scary aura.

"Let's see who we got", NCT's leader spoke out loud, towering over the masked person that seemed to quiver under him. Taeyong had his hands on the guys collar, firmly holding him up so he could get a better look at him. I was able to hear their heavy breathing through the earpiece and only now did I notice how rapidly my own heart was beating.

"Please", the person underneath him croaked with a shaky voice, one that I somehow didn't recognize . I squinted my eyes when Taeyong reached for the man's black mask, swiftly pulling it off the others head but freezing right the next second.
He instantly stopped in his own tracks, not a single muscle moving while he looked down at the person who was now covering his face with his hands.

"P-Please", the same voice repeated, his body now trembling with even more fear. "Please don't hurt me."

My eyes widened in shook when I finally saw the faces of the guys our gang had been chasing after.

"It's not them", Taeyong mumbled under his breath, the shock clearly noticeable in his voice and on camera.

"What do you mean it's not them", I swallowed in fear.

"I SAID, IT'S NOT THEM FOR FUCKS SAKE!"

Taeyong was furious, his loud sudden growl causing me to flinch the same moment. His hands let go of the the mans' collar and the guy automatically started to crawl away from the raging leader. I didn't understand anything and in the meantime, the other groups didn't even know what was going on.

"Who the hell are you?" Taeyong hissed at the clearly scared guy on the ground.
"I'm- I'm really sorry", the stranger choked on his own words, almost sobbing under the pressure of our intimidating gang members. " We were forced- they threatened us."

"Who? What did they want from you?"

"It was, it was SVT. They told us to wear these masks and then distract NCT. We- we hand no other choice, they threatened to come after us if we didnt't follow their orders. Please", he suddenly began to beg and bow in front of them. "We're sorry, really. Please don't kill us."

Taeyong didn't answer and only stood there in silence. Everyone held their breath, well aware what it meant for our mission.
My heart was about to jump out of my chest and we knew there was only one question screwing us all over.

"If SVT isn't here", Doyoung spoke our thoughts out loud. "Then where are they?"

Overwhelming panic rose within me and I quickly stood up from my position and stared to look around. I turned and turned, looking down from the high building in hope of finding the answer to our question. 'Where?' I asked myself, the sun nearly set while I kept looking through the streets. There were only police officers in the area and the longer no one said anything, the bigger my nervousness got.

The night was almost flooding the sky with its darkness when suddenly something jumped into my sight. My head hastily whipped towards that direction and my heart stopped at the view in front of me.

The bright colorful lights I had admired just hours ago and the many people gathering to share their cheerful winter spirit.
Memories came back to me- the explosives they had ordered before, the many times they had appeared in stores' video footages and the place we had caught Jun and The8. They weren't going to kidnap anyone today, they were-.
My eyes widened in terror when I realized where SVT was.

"They're at the city center", I spoke with more horror in my voice than ever before, finally realizing that it's been a trap all along.

"They're going to blow up the Christmas market."

Hello there:3🍒💫
Tbh I'm kinda glad I managed to fit my chapters right into winter season but at the same time I wish I could write faster
Still, I'm really grateful for every person who made it this far😔❤ it really means a lot to me

I hope all of you are going to have a wonderful Christmas and for those who don't celebrate, I hope you'll still have a nice time 💖🎉!!

A lot of you have been struggling, especially during the last few weeks, and I hope you are doing better now<3 Take as much time to rest as you need and please take good care of yourself💚🌟 Your physical and mental health is more important than any exam, job or problem that's been stressing you<333

Again, Merry Christmas Cherries💚🍒
I love you, please take care

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

262K 6.9K 52
*Mafia au/ Gang au-: Mark scoffed and said, "Touch her and I won't hesitate to become your grim reaper," venom dripping from his tone. - Mature langu...
781K 19.4K 65
❝I'm pretty, you're naughty. Together, we'd be... pretty naughty.❞ ©DONGHYUQUE , 2019
264K 11.4K 77
"CALL ME UTAH ONE MORE TIME AND I WILL END YOUR BLOOD LINE" - "WHO DO I NEED TO PUNCH?!" - "HELP THERE IS NO FOOD" - "THIS IS WHACK YO" - "MARK JUST...
284K 8.6K 57
✔️ "ɪ'ᴍ ɴᴏᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀs, ɪ ʙᴇʟᴏɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ." ☆ ᴍᴀʏᴀ ʜᴀs ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ᴅʀᴇᴀᴅᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ᴏғ ʜᴀᴠɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ʜᴏᴍᴇ ғᴏʀ ᴜɴɪᴠᴇʀsɪᴛʏ. ʙᴇɪɴɢ ᴀ sʜʏ ᴋɪᴅ, ɪᴛ ᴡᴀsɴ'ᴛ ɪɴ ʜ...