Classroom of the Elite: Uncon...

By Shiorimondesu

In this timeline, Ayanokouji Kiyotaka the masterpiece of the white room has escaped from the white room with... More

Prologue : Part 1
Prologue : Part 2
Prologue : Part 3 (Final)
Vol.1. Chapter 1.1 : A King's Arrival
Vol.1. Chapter 1.2 : A King's Revelation
Vol.1. Chapter 1.3 : Human Relationships
SS.1. An Interesting Kouhai
SS.2. Twin Masterpiece
Vol.1. Chapter 2.1 : A Troublesome Way to Start the Day, Part 1
Vol.1. Chapter 2.2 : A Troublesome Way to Start the Day, Part 2
Vol.1. Chapter 2.3 : Class 1-D
Vol.1. Chapter 3.1 : Lunch Troubles
Vol.1. Chapter 3.2 : Horikita Suzune
Vol.1. Chapter 3.3 : The Not so Lonely Four
Vol.1. Chapter 4.1 : A Very Strange Morning
Vol.1. Chapter 4.2 : A Predator Lurking in Plain Sight
Vol.1. Chapter 4.3 : Her True Colors
Vol.1. Chapter 5.1 : The Aces of Class 1-D
Vol.1. Chapter 6.1 : The Queen and Her King
Vol.1. Chapter 6.2 : Karuizawa Kei
Vol.1. Chapter 7.1 : Testing Our Limits
Vol.1. Chapter 7.2 : A Game of Dodgeball
Vol.1. Chapter 8.1 : Prelude to an Arduous Journey
Vol.1. Chapter 9.1 : Welcome to the Classroom of the Elite
OAA STATS
SS.3. The Misfit of Class 1-D
Volume 2 - 4 Teaser
Vol.1. Chapter 10.1 : The Student Council
Vol.1. Chapter 12.1 : The Beginnings of Friendship
Vol.1. Chapter 13.1 : An Unusual Arrangement
Vol.1. Chapter 13.2 : A Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
Vol.1. Chapter 14.1 : Midterm Exams (Final)
Vol.2. Chapter 1.1: The Genesis of a Strenuous Warfare
Vol.2. Chapter 1.2 : Start of the Third Month
Vol.2. Chapter 1.3 : Forming an Alliance
Vol.2. Chapter 2.1 : A Somewhat Weird Encounter
Vol.2. Chapter 2.2 : The Investigation Begins!
Vol.2. Chapter 3.1 : Inceptions of a Maneuver
Announcement (Not Discontinued so don't worry)
Rewrite Notice!

Vol.1. Chapter 11.1 : Study Groups

6.5K 241 368
By Shiorimondesu

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka's POV

"You appear to be in a bit of a shabby state today." My next-door neighbor made a remark about how unkempt my appearance was.

I'd been awake all night, debating whether or not to accept Horikita Manabu's invitation to join the student council. I was also preoccupied with assigning tutors and pupils to groups. Of course, I had to carefully classify them into groups based on their compatibility with others.

Horikita, Hirata, Kushida, Matsuhita, Eichiiro, Yukimura, and Mii-Chan were among the tutors. It's too bad I couldn't persuade Koenji to cooperate and help out. His assistance would have been invaluable for the class.

So that there would be no unneeded controversy among our classmates, I had to carefully sift out the participants.

If I were to allot Karuizawa and Shinohara to Horikita's group, for example, they would be fighting like cats and dogs. There would be no progress made and only chaos and hostility would ensue between them and their relationship would strain even further than it already was.

I haven't told everyone in class about the study groups yet, but Hirata and Kushida have already been instructed by me to talk about them after school today. They could always be counted on to speak up in front of the class and disclose my plans. No one would dare to challenge or argue with them because of their influence among our peers, either out of fear of being alienated by the class or out of admiration for them.

Simply put, I was transferring to them the obligations that I should be doing as a class leader. But, hey, they are my executives for a reason.

"Bloody hell, leave me alone, would you? I sacrificed some of my sleeping time thinking hard about the study groups," I grumbled somewhat as I tidied out my tangled bed hair.

(BritisihKouji? Anyone?)

"My comment was made with no malice in mind. Couldn't you have thought about that earlier in the evening rather than late at night? It would be more efficient because you wouldn't be putting important things off, and it would save you time at night that you could use to rest and be more productive in the morning." She chastised me severely. Did she really just assume I was procrastinating?

"Look, Horikita. Don't just make assumptions about me because you don't know the details of my circumstance." I told her. "Plus, it's not my fault that I happen to actually have a social life, unlike you, and more interesting things to do than sit and study for hours on end." I came back with a ripost. I would have already formed a smug grin on my face if my facial expressions allowed it.

"Are you seriously ridiculing me for my lack of connections and for genuinely putting my time to good use? You're such a child." She snarled; rolling her eyes as we speak. 

"That may be true. But at least I don't get stirred up just because someone decides to do something at a different time than I usually do." I countered.

Horikita and I had a tumultuous relationship. Every so often we would banter with each other, sometimes even hurling abusive words and harsh comments aimed against each other, though, I wouldn't say we're on poor terms.  We knew none of it was meant to be taken seriously, but I'm still very curious if friends are supposed to dispute occasionally like Horikita and I do on a regular basis.

"Everyone, may I please have your attention!" Our conversation abruptly came to a halt when we heard a feminine voice calling out to all of us. Everyone immediately swiveled their head to the direction of the source, exposing there to be Hirata, Kushida, and Eichiiro standing in front of the classroom behind the podium.

Everyone was perplexed as to why they were standing in front of the classroom, but they still focused on the three of them. This was commonplace in our class. Our peers have already identified me, Hirata, Kushida, and Eichiiro as Class D's cornerstones. Horikita wasn't really regarded as an important figure in this class because she still didn't have a particularly excellent reputation among our classmates.

However, I intend to reverse that as quickly as possible by boosting her reputation and increasing her influence in the class to the point where she will be admitted as a semi-leader for Class D. In comparison to Hirata and Kushida, I say semi-leader because she'll play a more crucial role in leading Class D.  However, She wasn't as trustworthy as Eichiiro is considering he's a very valuable and dependable right-hand man for me.

"Um... What's the matter, Kushida-Chan?" Ichihashi took the initiative to ask the elephant in the room.

"I'll continue from here on, Kushida." While patting Kushida on the shoulder, Hirata affirmed. At his request, she meekly nodded. "Everyone, I'm sure some of you are disappointed with your recent exam results and nervous about the upcoming midterms." The discussion was started by Hirata.

"That's right, Hirata-Kun!" Shinohara let out a loud exclamation. "Some of the test's questions were really confusing, and I struggled greatly in the latter sections. To even come up with a solution to such questions, I had to devote 100 percent of my brainpower." Shinohara said while scratching her head embarrassingly.

"I'm surprised you even have a functioning brain..." Horikita insulted Shinohara in hushed tones, which I overheard.

"We understand that some students in Class D have academic difficulties. As a result, we've prepared a proposition for you all." Hirata went on to explain. "We won't be able to change the results of our recent exam. But, putting that aside, we may at least make a valiant effort to improve and prepare better for our forthcoming midterms."

It was a fantastic opportunity. We can easily drive and persuade our peers to agree with us if we use our most recent exams as a guide.

"Everyone, we would like to organize study groups in preparation for the midterms and for future upcoming written tests. Will everyone be okay with that?" Eichiiro inquired, his voice full of enthusiasm.

He's always exuded a magnetic charisma that makes it impossible for you to say no or argue with him. Trust me, I'm sadly a victim of it.

Almost immediately, Karuizawa answered his plea. "I'm in! I had a lot of trouble with the exam and like, I'm not sure how well I can comprehend the lessons. They're always so boring and the teachers explain it so blandly that it just gets out of my head so easily. I think that joining a study group will be extremely helpful to me!"

At that point, everyone's thoughts were echoed amongst themselves. We didn't try to silence them so they could make their conclusive decision. Kushida went in for the decisive query when she felt the moment was right.

"So, who's in? Are you all on board? "she inquired with a contagious smile that could make the most coldest of individuals flustered plastered on her face.

"I'm so in!" Onodera shouted with excitement in her tone.

"I'll be able to achieve better grades because of this."

"Let's go!!"

"I want Ayanokouji-Sama to tutor me." Wait, what the hell?

"We can do this y'all!"

Every student in the class agreed. A few folks chose not to participate in the discussion, but that's fine. I'll keep an eye on them to see if there's anything I can do to assist them. I'm sure they're in a difficult predicament. In particular, bashful students like Hasebe, Miyake, and Sakura, were probably feeling anxious about this.

"In fact, we've already separated the groups and assigned each tutor to one of them. The instructors to whom you've been assigned are listed below." Eichiiro used magnets to attach a placard to the blackboard containing every study groups' teachers and members.

The following were the list of the study groups:

1. Ayanokouji Kiyotaka's Study Group: Hasebe Haruka, Miyake Akito, Sakura Airi, and Mori Nene.

2. Kushida Kikyou's Study Group: Ike Kanji, Yamauchi Haruki, Okitani Kyosuke, and Ijuin Wataru.

3. Hirata Yosuke's Study Group: Karuizawa Kei, Satou Maya, Shinohara Satsuki, and Maezono.

4. Matsuo Eichiiro's Study Group: Sudou Ken, Sotomura Hideo,  Sonoda Chiyo, and Azuma Sana.

5. Horikita Suzune's Study Group: Onodera Kayano, Inogashira Koro, and Minami Setsuya.

6. Matsuhita Chiaki's Study Group: Minami Hakuo, Makida Susumu, Ishikura Kayoko, and Onizuka.

7. Wang Mei-Yu's Study Group: Nishimura Ryuko, Rino, Ishizaki (Class D Girl), and Hondou Ryoutarou.

8. Yukimura Teruhiko's Study Group: Miyamoto Soshi, Kikuchi, Unnamed Class D Boy, and other Irrelevant Class D Student.

(Sorry, got lazy on Yukimura)

"LETS GOOO!!!!" Ike yelled with zeal and intensity, with both fists raised in the air. He looks as if he had just won the lottery, which for him, it probably was. "WE'RE IN THE SAME GROUP AS KUSHIDA-CHAN!" Ike squealed with delight while hugging Yamauchi, jumping up and down joyfully.

"Our prayers have been answered, Ike! All those nights of hoping and dreaming were not in vain!" Yamauchi matched Ike's energy.

Normally, the girls would be disturbed by their indecent conduct, but one of them was also rejoicing with the same vigor.

"I'm so happy! I'm in the same group as Ayanokouji-Kun!" Mori celebrated with delight, also flipping her chair at the moment.

That was really uncalled for... She may have just cost us a few of our class points for damaging public property. I'll have to reprimand her about this later on.

Although a few people groused, no one really expressed their displeasure with the groups they were allocated to. This was the result that I had hoped for. I didn't want my classmates to generate an unnecessary ruckus just because they weren't placed in the same group as their pals.

Plus, even if they were placed in a group with people they weren't too familiar with, it would be an excellent opportunity for them to get to know their classmates better and form new bonds with them, which would increase both our solidarity and unity as a whole.

I did, however, make several allowances. I put Ike and Yamauchi in Kushida's study group, for example, because it was evident they didn't enjoy studying. If they were given a cheerleader like Kushida, it would almost certainly increase their desire to improve their grades.

I also included Miyake and Hasebe in my group because they were not particularly socially adept and would most likely struggle to get along with others. Sakura was also placed in my group for the same reason, although her social ineptitude and shyness were far worse than everyone else's.

Because I, too, struggled with speaking with others as a result of the isolated and secluded environment in which I grew up, I could empathize heavily with their position. Though I'm sure they didn't have to go through the same things that I had to.

Mori Nene was alloted to my group on the spur of the moment. I didn't want someone in my group who was too boisterous and energetic, but I also didn't want someone as socially uncomfortable as Sakura. Mori was, in a sense, the middle ground between the two.

In addition, I was already familiar with most of them. This will, however, be my first encounter with Sakura. You may classify her as one of our class's unfortunate loners. Her dreadful OAA stats, as well as her lack of companions, made her one of the least valuable individuals in our class. If there ever comes a time where we would be forced to sacrifice one of our peers in Class D, she would almost certainly be the most likely student who'd be disposed of.

I just hope she doesn't become too much of a nuisance to the class.

———————————————————

It had already passed 8:00 p.m. Since I couldn't sleep, I decided to go down for a drink. I leave my dorm room and entered the elevator after changing into more appropriate attire. I got to the first floor and went straight to the vending machine outside the foyer.

I ordered a can of matcha green tea as my drink of choice. Tea has always been a beverage I prefer drinking when I'm in a calm and relaxing environment. I clicked a few buttons and took the canned tea from the vending machine's bottom shelf.

After that, I walked over to a bench in a garden near the first-year dorm. When I need to clear my mind about something, I come here frequently to just enjoy the landscape and scenery this place had to offer. I took a leisurely look around at the vista that was presented in front of me.

The night sky was mesmerizing, aglow with an unlimited number of stars that flashed brightly like the light of our lives. The pale crescent moon sparkled like a glittering claw as the waves of the sea slammed upon the shore of this school, the mood became more calming due to the cold and brisk breeze. The sounds of leaves, plants, and flowers waving smoothly and peacefully without a concern in the world.

These are the kinds of moments I'd never be able to have in the white room. Here, I was uninhibited. Free to communicate with people my own age, free from the white room instructors' high expectations for me, free from the exhausting training regiment I followed on a daily basis, and finally... Free from the demons of my past.

I'd perform 'Clair De Lune' on the piano if it was available, a classical pianic masterpiece composed by the late Clause Debussy.

Many years ago, when I first heard Clair de Lune, I thought it was a lovely composition, but I didn't believe it was anything noteworthy. I didn't give it much thought, just like any other classical piece that is underappreciated by most young people. I didn't understand how beautiful it was until recently. It made me realize how powerful music can be without words in evoking strong emotions, transporting you to a specific period in time, or reminding you of a current event in your life.

Of course, due to my emotional numbness, which derives from the traumatic events I had to endure as a child during my time at the White Room, I wasn't able to feel those emotions deeply enough that I would feel moved by the song. But now I have the chance and opportunity to perhaps rediscover those emotions that I had long forgotten and lost.

The reflective and thought-provoking sentiment of Clair de Lune was absolutely intended by Debussy. The title Clair de Lune translates to ‘moonlight’ in French. Fair enough- the piece does remind us of the moonlit night, but what is interesting is that the piece was originally called ‘Promenade Sentimentale’ meaning a ‘sentimental walk’. This title targets more specifically the emotions the song is meant to provoke, as if the piece itself is a journey through one’s personal emotions.

At the same time, the title is free to interpretation; rather than being taught what to feel by the composer, it is up to the listeners to elicit personal feelings and develop personal associations. One of the many reasons I like this piece is that it evokes such a wide range of unexplainable emotions, which appear to vary from person to person.

Clair de Lune stands out for me, but I'm not alone in my opinion. For many years, the piece has been considered timeless. The piece's self-reflective character brings forth a range of feelings from people with varying backgrounds and levels of development.

When I heard a presence behind me, I was quickly jolted out of my reverie. I instantly set my tea can down and relaxed my guard. Was it possible that someone had been watching me all along? Has it been a long time since they've been following me? Was there a plot to ambush me while my guard was down? My mind raced as I tried to come up with every potential outcome of this situation.

"Whoever you are hiding behind that tree, you can come out now. There's no need for you to conceal yourself for any longer." I said in a sharp tone of voice while glaring at the spot of where this said individual was.

"My oh my~ no need to be so pugnacious, Kouhai-Kun. I'm going to come out right now to show you that I'm not a threat." A feminine voice informed me.

A stunning young lady with ruby eyes and long platinum blonde hair emerged from behind the tree. Her outfit consisted of the school uniform, which included a black blouse under the blazer and black tights, as well as a headband on her hair.

She must be Kiryuin Fuka of Class 2-B, based on what I've researched via the OAA app. She tied for second place in Academic Ability with Koenji and Arisu with an A+, based on the rankings of every single student in the school. In terms of intelligence and physical ability, she is the best among the girls. Her cooperation grade, on the other hand, was abysmal. Her social contribution score was adequate, but not exceptional. Her statistics were reminiscent of Koenji's.

She appears to be a very capable student in general, but her uncooperative character keeps her from ranking well in terms of overall competence.

"Kiryuin-Senpai, why were you attempting to obscure your existence from me? Were you dispatched by someone to go spy on me? Or are you attempting to track me down or something similar?" I had a lot of questions for her.

"Don't make it sound like I'm some obsessive stalker, fufu. I was just passing by on my way to get some fresh air when I happened upon you." By wagging her index finger in a cheeky manner, she refuted my claim. "I became intrigued by what you were doing and decided to keep a safe distance from you. However, it appears that you're quite the keen observer. Even though I've only been here for a few seconds, you were able to recognize me so easily. You truly are a fascinating person." She expressed her thoughts.

"May I ask what you mean by 'fascinating person' senpai?" I persisted even further with my investigation.

"It's actually rather simple. You've stimulated my curiosity."

"How so?" I wondered. Her words drew a raised brow from me.

"You became famous among your upperclassmen almost overnight for acing the admission exams. Not even a celestial being as I could pull off such a feat." She boasted in a haughty tone of voice. "Not only that, but in just one month, you were able to lead the class of defectives to Class B. Even though you've only been here for a little while, you managed to place third overall in the OAA overall rankings. For a first-year student, the things you've achieved thus far are very remarkable." She made slow clapping motions as she praised my accomplishments.

"I see... Well, if that's all the business you have with me, I'll be taking my leave, Senpai." I tried to say my goodbyes as I walked by her, but she grabbed one of my shoulders before I could even move past her.

"There's no need to haste, Kouhai-Kun." She smiles at me with a coquettish grin. "How about we take a seat on that bench over there?" Surprisingly, that was also the bench where Arisu and I had our little lunch rendezvous.

With trepidation, I accepted her offer and sat down. Instead of confronting her, I concluded that it would be best for me to just go along with her pranks. I really hope I'm released from this naughty devil's grasp soon.

"So, what exactly would you like to discuss with me?"

"It doesn't matter. As long as I can figure out what kind of person you are, it'll suffice."

"Figure out what kind of person I am? Your OAA cooperativeness appears to be at an all-time low. That indicates you're unconcerned about what happens to your classmates, correct?"

"Aren't being interested and cooperating two completely different things? In my class, there are some interesting folks, and I occasionally wish to strike up a polite chat with them, just like I'm doing right now with you." I see. It was precisely what she claimed it would be.

"This school's system and ambition for student's to aim for Class A does not interest me. Although the school's main selling point is that you may attend any university or college you want and work wherever you want, I believe that with my own ability, I can accomplish anything I want. I decided to attend this school on a whim." She sounded eerily similar to Kouenji based on what she said. She has complete absolute faith in her own talents. Her attitude, though, did not appear to be as extreme as Koenji's.

Furthermore, she has exceptional marks in academic ability, intelligence, and athletic ability, which can be substantiated.

"Would you have picked this location if you had known before you arrived here that this school's structure is based on cooperation?"

"That isn't the case at all. This school appeals to me. Since my arrival, I haven't had a single complaint about life here. The point system is also quite pleasant." Koenji seemed to appreciate this school as well, taking full advantage of all of its perks. There's no reason to adhere to aim for Class A if you can execute anything you want on your own after graduation

"It appears that you are indifferent about other people's disdainfor you."

"Other people's evaluations don't matter to me," Kiryuin replied simply, but with a peculiar laugh.

"I was going to ask you a question, but you're the one who's interrogating me instead," Kiryuin remarked as if transitioning from defense to offense.

"It's past time you told me about yourself," She narrated.

"If I may ask, why me? Horikita Manabu and Nagumo Miyabi, for example, have a higher overall score and have certainly contributed more to the school than I have."

"It's all based on instinct. My senses tell me that the individual in front of me isn't like the rest of us." Putting her faith in her intuition despite the fact that she had no evidence to back them up. I might have mistaken her for Kouenji if it hadn't been for the fact that they weren't of the same gender.

"Am I the only one who has piqued your interest, Senpai?" I had my doubts.

"No, no, no. The two people you've introduced have also aroused my interest before."

"Can you tell me what made you lose interest in them?"

"I considered them to be inferior to me. They were just ordinary people who could be found at almost anyplace." She was pretentious and condescending.

"You're quite full of yourself, aren't you, senpai?"

"Oh please. It is not arrogance to declare your supremacy. That is a philosophy I have always abided by."

"Then, senpai," As I rose from the bench, I addressed her. "Are you saying that you think that I may be superior to a self-proclaimed divine entity like you by taking an interest in me?" I posed an objecting question. I hope my inquiry wasn't misinterpreted and she didn't think I was attempting to taunt or provoke her in any way.

"Heh. Don't get too cocky now, Ayanokouji. Whether or not my interest in you fades depends entirely on what you plan to demonstrate to me throughout my last two years at this school."

"On the contrary, I hope your fascination with me dissipates quickly."

"I see. Kouhai, you say a few intriguing things. Ayanokouji, I look forward to fighting you one day." Kiryuuin pushed me away with a gesture as if shooing a stray animal away.

"Then I'll be departing now."

I bowed and collected my can of tea as I bid farewell to her. Today, I've met a truly strange upperclassman. It had been an odd yet peaceful night. I'm curious if more days like these will be forthcoming in the near future.

Vol.1. Chapter 11.1: END.

Word Count: 4042 Words.

Next Chapter: Chapter 12.1: Cementing a Friendship.

———————————————————

Author's Note

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter!

I was supposed to finish this hours ago, but my wifi shut down for about 5 hours which delayed my ability to finish the chapter.

Anyways, that's all I wanted to say.

Sayonara! And merry Christmas to all my readers who celebrate it! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*.✧

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.8K 2.3K 27
The masterpiece of the white room has escaped. Ayanokouji Kiyotaka is now on the run. Towards the end of his training, he was being taught how to act...
8K 384 4
Three years of an ordinary high school life have passed and with the white room shut down, the next chapter in Ayanokoji Kiyotaka starts- But what ab...
145K 4.4K 24
This is a Classroom Of The Elite Fanfic. Disclaimer: I don't own the original story, it belongs to Shōgo Kinugasa. This is just a fanfic based on the...
2.6K 170 9
~ Classroom of the Elite X Persona 5 ~ Several months after escaping from his life spent in the white room, the 'Masterpiece' Ayanokouji Kiyotaka now...