Clarity || z.m

By intoxicatedd

You don't know what's out in the world, until you witness it yourself. It may be hard to believe, but it beco... More

Never
Paranoia
Friends
Confidence
Arrogance
Defenseless
Thoughts
Attempt
Unthinkable
Changes
Hopeless
Abnormal
Questions
Denial
Unprepared
Revealed
Veracity
Foreign
Overwhelmed
Author's Note
Falling
Explanations
Exposed
Learning
Bliss
Secrets
Outing
Compelled
Deal
Author's Note
Author's Note
Ready
Mother
Choice
Chances
Author's Note
Transition
Control
Euphoria
Home
Introductions
Tracks
Experiences
Zayn Javaad Malik
Visit
Bloodlines
Revelations
Epilogue
♡ Thank You - please please read ♡

Dreams

8.4K 386 56
By intoxicatedd

That morning we woke up feeling buzzed as ever. The memories from the night before were imprinted in the form of love bites and light bruises on my inner thighs and hips. When I turned to my side, I noticed that Zayn was gone.

I shot up gripping the sheets. The bathroom door creaked open along with steam slowly pouring out as Zayn stepped out with a towel around his waist and neck; his hair wet tousled.

His tattoos littering his toned and lean body causing me to tug my bottom lip between my teeth.

"Hey baby." he said smiling and kneeling down to give me a kiss on the lips.

"Listen, Celia picked something up. She said she wants us there as soon as possible so get dressed."

Once we got dressed and left the apartment, we quickly drove to Celia's. The worst and best outcomes lingered in my mind. The constant 'what if's' dancing around and taunting me.

"It's all going to be fine." Zayn said, sensing my anxiety and kissing my knuckles like he always does.

When we arrived at Celia's she was waiting for us with Cassidy sitting opposite to her.

"What did you guys find?" Zayn asked, sitting down with me following suit.

"She has a witch." Cassidy said.

"But," Celia interjected, "whoever he or she is, is cloaking themselves with a cloaking spell. Whoever it is knows what they're doing. We've tried working around the cloaking spell but there's just no way. Also, another thing," Celia said looking at me, "whenever why try to trace them, it leads to you."

Zayn looked taken back, "what do you mean leads to her?"

"Whenever we try to trace them, the tracing spell leads straight to Nani. We don't know why."

"This is going to be a lot harder than we thought." I said slumping my shoulders.

"Actually there's one more thing. We did find something, I just don't know how you're going to react to it." Cassidy said slowly.

"Well Celia ha-" A shrill ringing from a cellphone coursed through the air, cutting Cassidy mid sentence.

It took me a few seconds to realize that the phone ringing was mine and a couple more to actually answer it.

"Hello?"

"Hello? Nani?"

"Yea hey Mason, what's up?"

"You need to get over here. Like now."

"Why?"

"Just do it. You'll see when you get here."

I hung up and Zayn grabbed my hand, "let's go."

"So soon?" Celia asked surprised.

"We'll come back tomorrow, I promise." I said grabbing my things to leave.

"Wait, I'm coming with you." Cassidy suddenly shot up from her seat.

"If it concerns Mason then don't think I won't." She said, already walking towards the door.

"Celia we'll stay in touch." Zayn said before she firmly nodded.

The three of us got in our cars and drove home. When we got there, the tension in the air was evident. I slowly opened the front door, walking in and hanging my jacket on the coat hanger. There was a specific scent in the air, one that I recognized but couldn't exactly pin point.

"Mason im home! What happened, are you okay?" I yelled walking inside my living room but stopping dead in my tracks the moment I saw Avalon seated on my couch with her legs crossed while sipping a steaming cup of tea.

Zayn and Cassidy froze besides me at the sight of her; none of us expecting her presence.

Mason came out of the kitchen with a sheepish and panicked look on his face, "she told me not to say it was her because then you wouldn't have come. Plus, she said it was important so I'm just gonna go and leave it up to you big kids." he said before scurrying upstairs.

Once it was just the four of us situated in the room, the tension was thick in the air.

"You've got a lot of balls coming to my house." I said breaking the silence.

She set her tea down and studied me briefly, her eyes widening seconds after.

"Surprised?" I asked, with no emotion laced in my voice; already knowing that she figured out about me transitioning.

"What have you do-"

"Why are you here Avalon?" I said getting straight to the point.

Her mouth opened and then quickly closed.

"You try to corrupt my best friends powers, turn my own brother against me, and make my boyfriends life a living hell, and apparently mine too." I said. "So you either get straight to the point and tell me why you're here, or you leave. And if you don't leave, I'll make you."

She sucked in a sharp breath, "and if you even think about saying something smart or trying some witchy shit? I will hurt you. You're completely outnumbered so don't even think about it."

"What happened to you Nani? You used to be so nice and innocent. Is your mother even aware of what you've done to yourself? You're completely blinded by this fantasy of yours that will never cease exist."

"Believe it or not I've never seen things anymore clearer than I have now than in my twenty-one years of life, and as for my mom, she stopped giving a rats ass about me for the past decade. She doesn't have a say in my life. Now what is it that your here for?"

She stood up, grabbing her bag and rolling her eyes, "as if you care," she said, "My mom, who is also your grandma is very sick dear."

She waited for me to say something, but continued when she saw that I didn't.

"Her powers have been slowly decreasing and she's getting weaker every few days. You might wanna pay her a visit before it's too late."

The news shocked me. Apparently my grandmother was a very powerful which; powerful enough to cure Zayn of vampirism if she wanted to. So the sudden news that she's getting weak sends me on a total mind fuck.

"How is that possible? She offered to cure Zayn almost two months ago. How is it that she's getting weak?"

"I don't know, we've tried everything." She said simply, with an enigmatic look in her eyes that I just couldn't decipher.

"If this is some sick joke to see if I still have my humanity, which I do, I'll show you what it looks like when I don't, so you better not be playing games with me."

"I'm not lying, you can go check up on her yourself." She briefly looked over at Cassidy.

"Nice to see that your nut job of a friend is finally under control."

A loud threatening hiss left my mouth as the veins under my eyes bulged. I bared my fangs at her as she jumped in shock at my aggressive actions.

"My temper, is practically non-existent," I said slowly while narrowing my eyes, my voice dropping a few octaves lower, "don't come to my house with your petty bullshit. You already said what you had to say now leave."

Her expression dropped to one with no emotion, "don't think you'll stay on this invincible high horse forever. At this rate, you'll eventually watch yourself whither to the very ground and a few years from now, you'll see all the damaged you've caused."

"I'll never get to that point."

"No? Are you sure? Is that what he told you." She said looking towards Zayn.

"That's very hypocritical of you Zayn considering all the shit that you've done, all the pain you've caused in the past century."

My head turned towards Zayn, only to see his expression hard and cold, but deep down, I knew her words hit him hard. He told me about the terrible things he did and how he's been trying to redeem himself for the pain he's caused.

"I've made amends with my demons and I've accepted and felt regret for the things that I've done."

"Yea but you still did them." She said with a sarcastic smirk.

"This is why no one likes you." Threw in Cassidy.

"You know, Nani might be hesitant to rip your throat out but don't think I won't." He said nonchalantly.

At that moment, I was reminded by that exact saying that he has tattoo'd on his waist, and now I understand why he has it. People shouldn't really think that Zayn won't do something because he most likely will just to prove a point.

Avalon might think that he said that as an empty threat just to scare her off or something but I know better. I know that he meant every word. And one thing that me and Zayn have in common is that our threats always have meaning and are never empty.

She sucked her teeth, sighing and looked down at her feet, then slowly looking back up and meeting my predatory stare, "I'll send your love to the family Nani."

"You can go fuck yourself." I said one last time before she left, slamming the door closed so hard that tiny webs of cracked ceased themselves out the corners.

"You should've done something." Cassidy said. "Like break her fingers or that pretty little neck of hers."

Zayn snickered, "I volunteer as tribute."

"Same." I said, my mind wandering to Avalon's words.

I turned to my boyfriend and bestfriend, "why does everyone assume I'm going to just fly off the rails? Like everyone swears I'm going to break and go on a killing spree. Why?"

"Well for starters you've never really had a reasonable or existent temper and as a vampire that's only multiplied by a thousand." Zayn said, while taking the spot that Avalon occupied on the couch.

"And according to Amy and Henley, every vampire experiences at least one killing spree in their lives. Whether it's triggered by emotion or anything in particular, it happens, and there's a higher risk of it happening as a newborn than an older vampire." Cassidy added.

"You talked to Amy and Henley about this?" I asked shocked.

"I knew you wouldn't want to have the conversation, and I'm still not comfortable enough to have a full convo with your asshole boyfriend- no offense." she quickly directed to Zayn.

"Non taken." He said simply, and I knew it was genuine because he never really cares what people thought about him.

The air stayed silent and Cassidy started fidgeting; playing with her nails, shuffling her feet against the floor. At one point I heard her heart rate pick up and anxious pheromones were suddenly released in the air.

Me and Zayn looked at each other before I finally spoke, "spit it out Cass."

She looked up at me, "Celia never finished telling you what it is that she found."

I forgot since we left so quick.

"Look, Celia had a dream the other day. She was pretty shaken up and we've tried to piece a lot of things together; you know the whole cloaking spell leading to you and your blood and all that stuff."

I nodded my head for her to continue.

"Celia dreamed of teeth and bone." She said finally, leaving me confused.

"What does that mean?"

"Death." Zayn finished, his eyes firm and concentrated on nothing in particular."It means death."

Wow sorry for the long wait guys.

Any thoughts on the chapter?

And just to clear things up, I'm not sure if that whole teeth and bone thing is true, I'm just basing it off of some myth that gets passed around from where my moms from so don't freak out.

Anyways, Clarity is almost at 2 MILLION READS AND IM FREAKING OUT THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH YOU GUYS ARE SO AMAZING OMG.

♡Seriously though, you guys are awesome♡

Another thing, Chapter two of my new Zayn fic 'Convalescence' will be up really soon! I also wanna thank you guys for getting it to 650 reads, it might not seem like a lot but it is to me because that story is really personal to me and it just makes me really happy so thank you

This chapter is dedicated to Jaila (@nestled) because she's an awesome & lovely person and she's this new friend i made over wattpad and im so happy that i did! You guys HAVE to check out her Zayn fic Perspectives, its in my top three fave stories on all of wattpad and i promise you that you guys will get instantly hooked! ^▽

Anyways, that's it for today's authors note! It's 3:49am here in Miami so you can say that I'm currently struggling to keep my eyes open lol

bye xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 166 73
"Why are you doing this to me?" I asked him. "Because I can and I will." He said moving closer to me. "Why does it have to be like this. We can wor...
3M 81.4K 35
[✓] ∥ It all happened in a split second. One moment I was on his back, and the next one I was lying on the ground, watching the man who would be resp...
2.3K 451 55
{Completed} "Life can be ironic sometimes. I searched the whole world for my princess but she was right next door." He said completely catching me of...
3.2K 278 27
Life will never be easy. Nobody have a perfect life. People either have no money or no happiness. You can't see people who have both. Even if they ar...