"Jujutsu Kaisen: The Forgotte...

By CurlyWriter91

"What will it take for you to leave us alone? A kick to the face? A bit in the neck?" ______________________... More

Chapter 1: Memories of Love
Chapter 2: Freeze
Chapter 3: Fight & Flight
Chapter 4: Cursed Object
Chapter 5: New Beginnings
Chapter 6: New Beginnings Part 2
Chapter 7: New Beginnings Part 3
Chapter 8: Are You Serious?
Chapter 9: Family Gem (Secrets)
Chapter 10: Scariest Place on Earth, Day 1
Chapter 11: Scariest Place on Earth, Evening 1
Chapter 12: Scariest Place on Earth, Day 2 Part A
Chapter 13: Scariest Place on Earth, Day 2 Part B
Chapter 14: Next
Chapter 15: Let's Get Ready to Rumble
Chapter 16: That One Time...
Chapter 17: Help Came
Chapter 18: Sister-Exchange Event, Day 1
Chapter 19: Sister-Exchange Event, Day 2
Chapter 20: Re-Connection
Chapter 21: The Future
Chapter 22: Mission Canada
Chapter 24: Mission Canada, Part 3
Chapter 25- Mission Complete
Chapter 26: I Got a Favor
Chapter 27: To Ask
Chapter 28: And it Could Kill Us All
Chapter 29: My Heart
Chapter 30: Can't Take it Anymore!
Chapter 31: Come Again?
Chapter 32- Make it Make Sense
Chapter 33: Don't Come Again!
Chapter 34- Welcome to Chaos!
Chapter 35: Welcome to Chaos Part 2

Chapter 23: Mission Canada, Part 2

30 2 0
By CurlyWriter91

"My sister and I came across this area during a school trip." I am half listening to Aamina while petting a fish. The small nibbles on my fingers and toes make my dimples come out. I catch her gaze, slowly standing up.

"You have a cute smile. Follow me, please."

I nearly crash into my comrade when she suddenly stops. There is nothing around us except a dense tree canopy, bushes, and the water. I scrunch my face, searching around for answers. Then it hits me.

"There is a barrier keeping us from going further."

Aamina nods her head twice. She turns on her heels and walks back the way we came. I follow her but take one last look behind my shoulder at the last second. Nothing is there.

Assuming we're dealing with other sorcerers here, one of them is a barrier expert.

"Give me a straight answer Blaise, what do you think of our profession?"

We stop short of the river. All I can do is stare at my partner, mouth in a crooked grin. She is not going to cross until I answer.

"The work itself can be helpful in keeping families together but.." I look at the water before continuing, "the people within our profession can be...". My arms fall to my sides.

She smiles and does not press for more information.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

As I walk into the kitchen, I see a baby-blue envelope. There are no residuals, my team and I were together most of the day, and nothing is out of place. My phone goes off, again.

I place a tea kettle on the stovetop, sitting down at the table as Principal Gakuganji and a second Elder comes onto the screen.

"Greetings Elders, how are you doing?"

"What information do you have to share with us, Miss Santa-Clara?"

"My team and I explored the nearby forest and interviewed the locals."

"And what became of your exploration?"

"Dead ends."

.......

"It was my first official day in the field, and I am still getting my bearings straight. If I had more information to share...."

"Stop making excuses!"

"With all due respect, Elders, I am not making excuses. I am taking my time getting acquainted with people I have not worked with." The kettle starts hizzing in the background. "And being a good ambassador for Jujutsu Technical College."

I want to swallow my tongue for referring to myself as an ambassador for Jujutsu Technical College.

I hit the red video button before the Elders protest.

Calm down, Blaze. You can't control other people's actions but, you can control how you respond to other people's actions. Look at the envelope.

Nothing stands out from the pocket-sized paper nestled on the cedar table. I carefully peel off the tape from the back, revealing a handwritten note.

Lith,

Welcome back to Canada! A lot has happened over the years, too much to fit into a single note. Seeing you at the convenience store was interesting. Please, do not search for me and focus on your mission. I am no longer in Canada. Keep this in mind, you will always have a place to stay when needed.

The kettle's hissing is too loud for me to handle.

Friday, June 7th, 2007: 4:00 am

"Bro, I need to go. Because I am on the clock, goodbye. We are going to talk later today."

"You promise?"

"Yes, I sent Geto the call details."

An hour-long conversation with Gojo drained my energy. I am expecting Aamina and Businge any minute. Both women are swamped with school and have rescheduled twice this week. Hopefully, we can meet up.

As I start dosing off, my phone vibrates. I grab my coat, a pair of shoes, and my keys. I make it to the forest by 5:30 am.

"Hey! Sorry for the last-minute notice. Mathéo gave us the green light twenty minutes ago."

"The green light for what?"

"To breach the barrier and gather more information. Any suggestions, Blaise?", Businge asks, sounding chipper as always.

"I think we can decide on a plan of action after we get to the barrier's location. Assuming it has not moved since Monday. Any objections?"

"None from me. Aamina?"

"Nope. Let us go!"

The water feels ominous. Aamina picks up on my suspicions and does her best to reassure me we are safe.

"There is no need to worry. My sister and I know how to handle water." She gives me a playful wink and walks forward.

We arrive on the other side of the riverbank and make it to the same place as last week.

"Aamina, when was the last time the barrier moved?"

"Three weeks ago. I don't know where it moved to but, it reappeared less than twenty-four hours."

"What time did we arrive here on Monday? A rough estimate will suffice."

"Around five."

"Hey, you two! This way." Businge yells, waving her hand towards the opposite end of where we arrived.

I do not feel comfortable in this place. Something is watching us and luring us into a trap. I can't locate them or figure out what they are! Crud!

"Aamina! Watch out!"

Aamina flies into the water! Hints of light pink gather around her body.

"Blaise, go after the attacker."

I head east, without protesting. I stop dead in my tracks when an orange-haired person nocks me into a tree. The air rushes out of my lungs, causing me to see stars.

Suddenly, another vampire grabs my shirt, hoisting me into the air. I gather cursed energy into my fist and wet myself.

"Fu..." is all I can say before the vampires run away. I ball my fists up and hit them on the forest floor. A group of crows flies off behind me. Their squawks nearly drown out the approaching footsteps.

"Blaise?"

"Back off from me!" I bark out as Businge and Aamina draw closer. My eyes frantically dart from side to side, gathering information.

My heart and lungs can't keep pace with each other. A cold sweat breaks out on my face, I can feel my hands trembling with fear. If Satoru were here, he would have a hay day mocking me. After what feels like an eternity, I come back to my senses. Then I notice it. A hand rubbing circles across my back.

"You are safe. Please, calm down."

I sheepishly nod at Businge. Her eyes smile as the sun reflects off them.

After curling my knees into my chest, I recount the details of the ambush. Each detail that drips from my mouth makes me hug my knees tighter.

"Then we should go after them."

My heart nearly jumps out of my chest.

"I would feel more comfortable having backup accompany us. Blaise looks scared to death, and you are complaining of a headache. What else can you tell us about these vampires, Blaze?"

I inhale sharply.

"At least one of them was a sorcerer before turning into a vampire."

A civilian turned vampire would not possess knowledge of Jujutsu Technical College or feel at ease around sorcerers. The Higher Ups and Elders are animate when it comes to secrecy. People learn about sorcerers, curses, and the like on a need-to-know basis.

"Blaise." My eyes narrow. The veil between my heart and stomach starts falling.

Then there is the difference in strengths of Disneyland Vampire and Sakura. Sakura could have killed me and did not. Rather, she sought protection from me. Disneyland Vampire is a calculative fighter.

"Could you get out of your head for a minute and listen?"

"Yes, you have my undivided attention." The veil is up.

"We are not going forward until we gather more support."

As the three of us turn around and head toward the river, my stomach drops to the ground. I grab Aamina by the shoulder but, I am too slow. She turns to face me and disappears. Businge turns around just as I dive toward her sister. We crash heads.

"Ouch!"

"Sorry, Businge. Any sign of her?"

"No. Get down!"

Crash! I hear the panic in Businge's voice as I blackout.

This is not good.

I activate my technique before we get too far. The sounds of rubber rolling over gravel tell me we are on the edge of the woods. Dancing lights and yelling tell me other people are closing in on us.

"Businge, can you pick up the pace a little bit?"

"Why Blaze?"

Oh no, they have caught up with us. Once we get to the road, we can wave to someone for help. Better yet, we can call Mathéo or Paula for backup.

My left ankle twists inwardly as my foot meets a ditch. Aamina's head falls into my lap.

Then it hits me.

"Businge, come closer to me."

"Why?"

"Just do it!"

Businge does not argue. Her multi-color orbs send me a 'what is going on look. I ignore her.

Curse-Technique Conceal!

"We got you now!" Someone says as a pair of strong hands grabs my left arm, forcing me to stop my technique.

"Unhand me!" I punch the sorcerer in the face. They pin me to the ground instantly. I continue to squirm like a hooked worm.

"Let me go! Let me go! Businge!"

Unfavorable memories start pouring in. If I don't get answers soon, someone's head will roll!

"Let her go, Francoise."

"But, Sir, you wanted us to bring them in for..."

"I said let her go!"

I reach for my back pocket and can't find my phone. A female sorcerer walks over to Aamina's limp body and picks her up. Someone comes over to me, extending their hand out for support. I start shaking in place, unable to move.

When the ambulance stops, I bolt out of the cab. The poor paramedic nearly wets his pants. I search for Businge and notice she is walking toward Aamina. A hand touches my shoulder, causing me to jump out of my skin.

Tuesday, June 11th, 2007: approximately 8:00 pm, Quebec

Businge has not responded to calls or texts since Saturday. The Higher Ups have reached out three times today. Do they not care about the time zone difference? I am not sitting around when a prime opportunity to gather information is at hand. Before I go, I send one last message to Businge.

Me: Hey Businge, it is 8:00 pm on June 11th. I am going back to the forest. Something has been bothering me since our incident.

Businge: Do not go without me!

Me: I will wait by the forest. Same place Mathéo left us on day one.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

I fold my arms across my chest, chasing off the fridged weather. A thousand questions swarm my brain, making me rub my face.

"Hurry up, Aamina! She has been waiting for an hour."

"Stop bossing me around!"

All fears melt away when the bickering sisters come into view.

Businge signals for me to be quiet, and Aamina follows suit. The two vampires walk toward us but, pass us by without issue. When the coast is clear, my company and I sit up.

"If we hurry, we can get inside the barrier before it moves," Businge says with a grin on her face.

"What do you say, Blaise?"

My eyes light up like a firework creating a warm feeling throughout my body. This all fades away when we breach the barrier.

"What are you three doing here?"

I lock eyes with him! The arrogant businessman with a sorceress wife!

"Good heavens above! It was bad enough getting help for the Disneyland problem...and now, you are here!" Sir Shingo points an accusatory finger at me.

I laugh under my breath, getting a read on Sir Shingo. His eyes have bags bigger than mine, his hair sticks out in all directions, and his aura is mostly dark-blue.

Sir Shingo stares at me, eyes narrow, nostrils flaring, and the left side of his mouth curling up in half-grin. He starts laughing under his breath while standing up to leave.

"If I were you, Sir Shingo, I would sit down."

A curse rushes toward me, making me duck and turn. Aamina grabs Businge's arm and moves them out of harm's way. I pick myself up and shoot off a small amount of cursed energy, missing my target.

Aamina releases a technique, sending the curse away from us. Businge grabs Sir Shingo's arm, moving outside the barrier. Aamina follows close behind. I follow behind everyone.

"Let me go. As for you Miss Santa..."

"I don't care if you hired Jujutsu Tech for this job. Don't you ever disrespect my coworker again!" I turn around with fire burning in my eyes.

Businge and Aamina look at each other, then back at me. I gesture for them to lead the way. Sir Shingo drops to his knees and bursts into tears.

Wednesday, June 12th, 12:30 am- Quebec, My Apartment

"I told her to go back to campus and she would not listen...yes, we are both safe. Yes, Blaise is with us. See you later."

Right as the tea kettle hisses, I ask Aamina to answer my phone.

"How are the two of you?"

"Who are you?"

Aamina's face lights up while talking with Geto and Gojo; I stay out of view.

"Aamina and this is my sister, Businge."

"Uhh, hi?"

"It is nice to meet both of you. Is Blaise nearby?"

I laugh while placing three cups of tea on the table.

Aamina scoots her chair close to me, giving her a full view of the video chat.

"What is up you two?"

"We wanted to.... why is your eye twitching?" Satoru's face scrunches up.

I sip my tea before answering.

"I fought off a curse less than an hour ago. The two women you just met helped me out."

"Yeah, we kicked butt!"

"Aamina! Mind yourself please."

"As Satoru was saying, we wanted to check in today since we canceled last week's call."

"Overall, I am doing pretty well. I have made a few acquaintances, keeping the Higher-Ups and Elders abreast with my mission, and taking in the sites of Canada." I sip from my cup and look at the table.

"Speaking of the Higher-Ups and Elders, Gakuganji got into a hissing match with Yaga."

Dead silence.

"Blaise?"

"I have been ignoring the Elders' calls the last few days for personal reasons." My eye starts twitching faster.

"What do mean by personal reasons? You are allowed to share what is going with..." This comes from Aamina. She is cut short when Businge shakes her head no.

"Blaise?" Suguru's voice is low and melodic. I take a hard sip from my cup and suck in air through closed teeth.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.1K 455 19
โ ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ๐ ๐จ๐ญ๐ญ๐ž๐ง ๐†๐จ๐ฃ๐จ ๐ก๐ฎ๐ก? โž - แด›สœส€แดแดกษด แด€แดกแด€ส ส™ส สœแด‡ส€ แดแดกษด แด„สŸแด€ษด ส™แดœแด› ส€แด€ษชsแด‡แด… ส™ส แด›สœแด‡ sแด›ส€แดษดษขแด‡sแด›. โ ๐ˆ'๐ฆ ๐†๐จ๐ฃ๐จ ๐’๐š๐ญ๐จ๐ฆ๐ข โž แด›สœแด‡ แด…แด€แดœษขสœ...
26.1K 765 26
Y/n L/n future leader of the L/n clan of y/c{your country}, the only person the higher-ups fear, the one who will defeat the strongest sorcerer, afte...
80.1K 2.9K 46
โ ๐๐‹๐„๐€๐’๐„ ๐’๐“๐€๐˜ ๐–๐ˆ๐“๐‡ ๐Œ๐„ ๐”๐๐“๐ˆ๐‹ ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐„๐๐ƒ ๐Ž๐… ๐ˆ๐๐…๐ˆ๐๐ˆ๐“๐˜. โž *เฉˆโœฉโ€งโ‚Šหš A Satoru Gojo x fem!Reader fanfic. โ‹†*๏ฝฅ๏พŸโ‹†* โ˜ฝ ๏ฝฅ๏พŸ:โ‹†*๏ฝฅ๏พŸ โ˜พ...
66.3K 2K 16
You're Yuji Itadori's girlfriend when he injests Sukuna's finger and becomes cursed. Sometimes, when you're alone with him, it's like he becomes poss...