Lies, Lies And More Lies✔️

By krystall_xoxo

Book #2 - 'Nothing But The Truth' is now up on my profile ***************************************************... More

Lies, Lies And More Lies
1: I'm Engaged
2: Let's Get Married
3: I'll Take That Bet
4: I Can't Wait To Prove You Wrong
5: Ignore Him, He's Drunk.
6: Don't You Dare!
7: It's A Date
8: I'm Done With You
9: It Was Love At First Sight
10: We Made Bad Choices
11: You Dated Michael B Jordan?
12: Angry In Peace
13: Who's Your New House Guest?
14: Trouble In Paradise
15: Beggars Aren't Choosers
16: On Second Thought
17: A Good Looking Tree
18: A March Wedding
19: Tell The Truth
20: This Not So Lovely Midnight
21: A Friendly Game
22: A Win Is A Win
23: What's The Plan?
24: Let's Kidnap My Cousin
25: I Wasn't Alone
25.1: Such A Screw Up
26: Above Water
27: This Isn't My First Rodeo
28: I'll Call You Cady
29: In Your Dreams
30: One Lucky Lady
31: Tee Tee, Do You Love Me?
32: Derrek Dune Is Derrek Done For
33: Can't Take A Joke
34: Who's In trouble Now?
35: Liars Are Loosers
36: Scooby Dooby Ruby!
37: Surrounded By Criminals
38: Can You Hear Me?
39: Not Out Of The Woods Yet
40: Hear Me Cry
41: Twilight
42: What Do You See?
43: Once Bitten, Twice Shy
44: We Could Use A Time Machine
45: I'm Sorry She Hurt You
46: The first time is always nerve wracking.
47: You Poor Thing
48: The Big Sister I Never Had
49: Another Woman's Fiancé
50: The Heartache
51: Don't Play Dumb
52: Two Truths And A Lie
53: Destination Unknown
54: The Biggest Fool In The world
55: The Girl Who Torpedoed My Life
56: In The Rain
57: Selfish Reasons
58: I Call It The Broken Wife
59: You Should Leave
60: If The Truth Came Out
61: Because Of You
62: Not Murder But Close
63: Midnight Sugar Picnic
64: The Truth Is
65: You Need To Leave
66: Promise Not To Tell
67: That girl and her anger issues
68: Tough Girls Cry
69: Sunlight
71: I Was Framed
72: Understand
73: Truthfully
74: I Would Never Do That
75: Everyone Struggles
76: Apartment On Fire
77: Fireworks
78(Part I): Till Death Do Us Part
78(Part II): A Moment's Peace
79(Part I): The Fear Was Real
79(Part II): The Fear Was My Reality
80(Part I): Ghost Of The Past
80(Part II): I Love You!
Book #2: Nothing But The Truth

70: Name Your Price

448 85 11
By krystall_xoxo

Everything should have been perfect. Derrek had finally confessed his feelings for me and I was over the moon. For the first time, I had felt like everything was going great, like my life had finally taken a positive turn after all the drama I had witnessed the past few months but I guess my trials weren't over just yet.

It had all happened so fast and I could barely process everything that had happened. None of it felt real but it was my reality whether I chose to believe it or not.

"Could you tell me one more time what happened last night?" Detective Kabir asked, pulling me back to reality.

I blinked multiple times as I felt my eyes tear up and I leaned back in the white plastic chair I was seated on. I glanced around the small, dimly lit room with no windows. I felt very suffocated as I looked round. It didn't help that there was a detective hounding me.

"Miss Digiola, why did you push Ruby off the roof?" Detective Kabir repeated the question I had been asked so many times already.

I recalled the events that took place only a couple of hours ago and drew in a deep breath before I began my narration.

*A few hours ago*

Derrek had just dropped me off at home after taking me out to lunch. We were taking things slowly, so, there were no labels defining our relationship yet but we had been spending a lot of time together and Derrek had been the sweetest person. He seemed like he really cared about me and although there was a nagging voice in my head, telling me not to trust him so easily, I found myself falling even deeper for him and it had only been a week since he confessed his feelings.

I headed into the house and went straight up to my room, not at all surprised that the house was empty. Benjamin must have been at work and Adiola had been at my Aunt's house in Abuja. She had left, upset that I had almost left her without an explanation and I couldn't blame her. I was going to run off to New York like a coward and leave my family and friends behind.

I was home alone most of the time and I was honestly starting to miss my mom. I was scared though of how everything would have played out once she and my dad got home. We'd never had a proper conversation about the Derrek and Candice situation. I hadn't even told them about Ruby's newest wahala.

With a sigh, I crashed down on my bed. My feet ached from the cute but painful stilettos I had on for my lunch date and all I wanted to do was fall asleep. However, I couldn't cause I had promised to meet up with Ziora.

After Zahrah's extended stay in Abuja, she was finally coming up to Lagos and I was excited to see her. Ziora had booked us a spa date to relax before Zahrah's welcome party at Ziora's hotel room.

After a few minutes of staring at the ceiling, I managed to pull myself up to my feet and just as I headed over to the bathroom, I heard my phone buzz. I dashed back to the bed, hoping it was Derrek who had texted. He had said he would text me when he got back home.

I grinned as I unlocked my phone to see a cute message from Derrek.

Derrek: Did you get in okay? I just got home myself. Bored already. Say the word and I'll come right over. I miss you already.

I read the message over and over again and each time, I felt butterflies flutter around in the pit of my stomach. Why was Derrek so cute?

Me: I've got plans with Ziora. Booked for the whole day. Stay strong, Dune.

I giggled as I sent the message and set my phone down on the bed. I proceeded to freshen up and then, I threw on a baby pink hoodie and matching sweatpants with a pair of white Nike trainers. I put on a black shoulder length Bob wig and grabbed my phone and purse before heading out.

*

I had arrived at Ziora's hotel at a little past seven in the evening when I saw my brother from the corner of my left eye. I got out of my car and called out to him but he didn't seem to hear me. I scoffed and proceeded towards the hotel but then, I spotted a certain ginger that I had hoped to never see again. I thought of avoiding her at first but I didn't even need to. Candice had passed by me, too focused on something behind me to even notice my presence.

My eyes began to follow her as I wondered what she was doing here and if she was perhaps skimming against my friends and I, like Ruby had done. I realized soon enough that she had been following after my brother and alarm bells went off in my head.

"What is she doing?" I mumbled to myself as I watched her walk into the restaurant right next to the hotel. Benjamin had walked in just a few moments ago. "Ah, heck no!"

I followed after Candice, hoping to unearth what ever scheme she was plotting. What did she even think she could do to Benjamin? Why was she going after him?

I spotted Candice heading up the stairs at the far end of the restaurant as soon as I walked in and I tailed behind her, trying my best not to be discovered.

The stairs led to a rooftop bar and it was dimly lit, so, I could barely see who was who. There was music playing in the background and the sound of people talking and laughing filled the night air. I tried to spot Candice or my brother but I couldn't see either of them. I was so sure I had seen Candice come up here. This was the only place the stairs led up to. There was no way she could have vanished into thin air.

I walked further into the bar, scanning every table thoroughly so I didn't miss them by any chance. I had just gone by the fourth table when I heard a loud voice. It was an unmistakable voice and I instantly knew there was trouble if she was here.

I turned in the direction of the voice and I spotted a man and woman at the far end of the bar, right at the edge of the roof. The lighting at that end was non existent as it seemed to be a discarded part of the bar decorated with a few flower vases.

I walked closer to them and the voices got louder.

"You've taken things way too far, Ruby! I won't let you get away with what you've done!" I heard my brother yell.

"Why do you look so angry? Is it because I messed with Naborhi?" I heard Ruby say and I paused. What was she talking about? Why was she mentioning Naborhi to my brother?

"This is not about Anaborhi! You have crossed the line for the last time and I'm not going to take it laying down this time around!"

"Does Tiara know? She doesn't, does she?" Ruby began to laugh and I glanced at Benjamin who said nothing further. I couldn't see the expression on his face but I could tell that his body had become stiff.

It was clear as day now that Benjamin was hiding something from me and I was curious to know what it was, however, if he had a secret that he didn't want me to know, I wasn't going to force him to and I sure wasn't going to let Ruby expose it to the world like she had done with Naborhi and I. I had to put a stop to her once and for all.

"Ruby!" I called as I stormed over to her.

"T-Tiara, what are you doing here?" Benjamin said in surprise but I ignored him, focusing all my attention on my cousin.

"Enough is enough, Ruby." I said firmly, placing my hands on my hips. "What do you want from me? What would it take to make you get out of our lives for good? Is it money you want? We can give you that. Name your price."

"What?" Ruby laughed, dramatically throwing her head backwards. "Do you think I'm doing all this for money? I'm above such cheap antics." She raised her chin proudly.

"Then, why are you doing all of this? Teaming up with Candice, putting Naborhi in danger and now, you're moving to Benjamin. Is this some kind of revenge? What's your end game for God's sake?" I asked, frustrated by all of it. What was it going to take for Ruby to leave us all alone?

"I told you that I'm going to ruin your life. I meant that, so, brace yourself cause I'm just getting started." With that said, she began to walk away but I grabbed her upper arm and pulled her back to her previous position.

"What did I do to deserve so much hate from you? I know, growing up, we were always at each other's throats. We never liked each other, I know that but things were never this bad, Ruby. What changed?"

"Stop with the pretense! You know exactly what you did!" She yelled, staring at me in disgust. I shook my head, clueless. "You really don't know?" She scoffed, shaking her head.

"If I did anything to upset you, I'm truly sorry. I just want us to bury this age long hatchet and go about our very lives." I apologized for the sake of peace. I couldn't remember what I had done to make her so upset and that seemed to piss her off even more.

"I don't want your fake apology! I just want to ruin your life like you ruined mine!"

"Ruined your life? How the hell did I ruin your life? What did I do that was so bad that you're punishing me this much?" I yelled. What was she talking about? Ruby was always the one that wronged me. I never would have attacked her if she hadn't attacked me first.

"Dayo." She said and I waited for her to elaborate but she didn't.

"Who's Dayo?" I asked, not recalling a Dayo. The name rang a bell but I couldn't seem to recall who he was.

"My surgeon ex-boyfriend, Dayo." She said and I recalled him instantly. Dayo was the man Ruby had brought home for last year's Christmas dinner. He was the one she couldn't stop bragging about. I held back an eye roll as I recalled the torturous day.

"What does he have to do with anything?" I asked, once again not fitting the pieces together. What was the connection between Dayo and myself in all this? I didn't even know the guy.

"He has everything to do with it!" She screamed at the top of her lungs and I jumped in surprise at her shrilling voice. "He was my everything! We were going to get married and start a family but he dumped me because of you!" She poked my chest really hard and I winced from the pain she inflicted.

"How is it my fault? I don't even know the guy!" Ruby was being unreasonable now. Her accusations couldn't even hold water. This entire time she was making my life a living hell because of some guy I had nothing to do with.

"You may not remember him but he remembers you." Ruby gave a humorless laugh. "He knows everything about you, Tiara and once he found out I was your 'cousin from hell', he ended things with me."

I paused as I heard her last sentence. Those words 'cousin from hell' rang a bell but I couldn't remember where I had heard them.

"Dayo is Daniel's best friend. Daniel Effiok, your ex."

"Right." I drawled as I recalled my ex.

Daniel Effiok was a guy I dated shortly after I got back to Nigeria. We dated for a few months but the relationship couldn't survive his constant party lifestyle. He had turned me into someone I wasn't and I was stupid to have let him. I had learnt my lesson after we nearly got into a car accident while returning from the club on a Friday night. He had been driving under the influence and it had been God that saved our lives that night.

I could remember Dayo. I had met him once at a party. I couldn't remember much though cause Daniel, a few of our friends and I were drunk even before he arrived. Dayo had dropped us off as Daniel was almost passed out drunk and Dayo hadn't been drinking that night. He was the only sober one in the group and had snatched the car keys away from Daniel when he attempted driving us home. That was the only time I had met Dayo. However, I could remember Daniel talking about him. They had been friends since they were in pre-school and Dayo was the only one who could pull Daniel back to his senses. He was the responsible friend that had saved Daniel's ass their whole lives.

"I still don't get it, Ruby. I met Dayo once. He drove Daniel and I home one night and that was it." I was starting to get frustrated.

"So, you don't remember telling him about your cousin from hell who tried to drown you when you were nine and swore to never have children because they were stupid and irritating?"

It took me a moment but all of it finally clicked. I gasped as I realized exactly why Ruby was upset. I couldn't remember all the details exactly but I could recall ranting to Dayo about my evil cousin. Ruby and her family were in Lagos for Easter and I was going to see her the next day, so, I was furious about the whole thing and spilled our entire history to the boys. It had all been true though. Ruby had left me all alone in her pool well aware that I could barely swim. I was struggling in the water but she insisted I apologize for taking the last chocolate bar in the fridge before she helped me get out. She had never been fond of children either. She thought they were noisy, messy and time consuming and that she never wanted to have one.

"When Dayo realized I was the cousin you had complained about that night, he said I had deceived him and he never wanted to see me again." Ruby began to sob and I started to feel bad.

It wasn't like I knew she would end up dating Dayo in the future. It wasn't like I had lied either. Knowing Ruby, she had obviously made herself seem like a complete angel to Dayo and once he realized it was all fake, he left her. However, she seemed really hurt and it made me feel somewhat guilty.

"I loved him, I really loved him! He made me want to be a better person. He made me so happy but you and your big mouth took that away from me!" She yelled at me and I said nothing. What could I have said?

"Are you telling me that this entire time, this entire thing was about a stupid guy?" Benjamin yelled from behind me and I jumped in fright. I had forgotten all about him.

"Yes, it's about a guy!" Ruby yelled back. "Tiara, ruined my life! Dayo got married three months ago to some stupid nobody because she was everything I was not. Good, pure hearted and she loves children!"

"That is nobody's fault but your own! You lost him because you have a very bad personality and attitude! Stop blaming Tiara for your own shortcomings!" Benjamin stepped forward so he was next to Ruby.

"It's her fault! I will blame her until I die!" Ruby screamed at the top of her lungs. She was starting to look like a crazy person.

"You need to stop this! You're behaving like a crazy person! Get a grip of yourself and stop acting like a lunatic because of some guy who has clearly moved on with his life!"

"You ruined my life and now, you're ruining Candice's! You're not going to get away with it!" Ruby yelled at me with crazy wide eyes filled with hate. "You will never get your happy ending with Derrek! I'll make sure you're miserable just like the rest of us!"

"Do you even hear yourself right now? Candice is obsessed with Derrek! She's ruining her own life and so are you!" I stated.

This entire time, Ruby was making my life miserable because of something that wasn't even technically my fault? This was insane. It made absolutely no sense. She sounded crazy and now, she was partners with another crazy person. Candice and Ruby needed professional help.

"You need to move on, Ruby. Aren't you in a new relationship? He seems like a nice guy and he seems to really like you." I reminded her of the man she had introduced to me at her launch party.

"Shut up!" Ruby yelled and slapped me right across the face. I was completely caught off guard.

"Ruby!" Benjamin stepped in and shielded me from my crazy cousin who had tried to hit me once again.

"I'm going to teach you a lesson you would never forget!" Ruby yelled as she tried to reach for me.

"You bitch!" I heard a voice yell from behind me and before I could turn around, I felt my wig get yanked off my hair and then, I got slapped repeatedly with my wig. "We're going to make you pay, Tiara!" Candice swore as she continued to hit me with the wig.

I tried to snatch back my wig but a few strands of hair got into my eyes when Candice hit me in the face. I could barely keep my tear filled eyes open as they stung.

"Candice!" I heard Benjamin call in a warning tone and the hits stopped coming.

I barely recovered when I felt an elbow wrap around my neck from behind me, restricting my airflow. I coughed as I tried to pull the hand away from me but I couldn't. I stepped back in an attempt to break free and I heard a groan as Ruby crashed into something behind her. She let go of me and I drew in a deep breath in relief. My throat burned and I coughed hard to soothe the irritated feeling as I backed away from Ruby who was still in pain from how hard her back had hit the guard railing. She had just tried to kill me. I needed to get as far away from her as possible.

"Benjamin, let's go!" I walked up to my brother who was holding on to Candice's arm tightly, making sure she couldn't get to me despite her protests. "Ruby is crazy! She just tried to strangle me to death!" I informed him in between coughs.

"Where do you think you're going?" I heard Ruby call from behind me and I spun around. She reached for me once again and I shoved her so hard that she fell to the floor.

"Ben, let's go!" I tugged on Benjamin's arm and he let go of Candice.

"Candice, don't let her leave!" Ruby yelled and Candice tried to grab me but Benjamin pushed her away.

*Present day*

"...Benjamin and I left immediately. That was the last time I saw Ruby and she was safe on the roof." I finished narrating my ordeal with my cousin. "I didn't push Ruby off that roof! You can ask anyone that was present at the bar! Candice and Ruby caused a scene, I'm sure everyone saw it!"

"Unfortunately for you, the eye witness testimonies are not reliable as they were all intoxicated at the time." Detective Kabir said as he got up to his feet. "Now, Candice was a sober eye witness and she claims to have seen you push Ruby off the roof."

"She's lying! She's got a personal vendetta against me! It's no surprise she's pinning this on me! She's not a reliable witness!" I pointed out and he simply gave a nod.

"Well, there is one more eye witness who witnessed you push Ruby off the roof." Detective Kabir said as he began to pace around the room. His movement made me feel uneasy. I just wanted to get out of here.

I stared at him as he paced some more before halting his movements and turning back to me.

"She claims to be a friend of yours actually. However, after a thorough interrogation, she finally confessed that she saw you push Ruby off the roof."

"What?" I stared at him, confused. A friend of mine had just lied to the police. No friend of mine would have lied on my head. My friend would have never sided with Candice and Ruby. They would have never betrayed me like that. "I don't believe you."

"Believe it or not, Miss Digiola. You're in serious trouble."

**********************

Here's a long chapter as a Christmas present from me to you.

Merry Christmas loves and a happy new year in advance!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.1K 7.3K 41
|| Bukola Solade has two major secrets and they are not what land her in trouble! It's a third one that only she knows about. She had two secrets. He...
741K 20.9K 42
Caira and Chris have always been best friends. Their moms were friends since a very young age, Caira and Chris are bound to be close and best friends...
392 103 35
A struggling 21-year-old young woman who got in a car accident while coming from college back to her apartment got her leg injured and is unable to w...
2.1M 61.5K 56
''There is only one thing crossing my mind right now. If he hates me so much, then why the hell is he kissing me back?'' ----------------------- Emma...