Piggy a Novel: BOOK 2

By UhhIdunno009

Taking place mere months after the first book, the group happens to encounter Willow, the treacherous leader... More

The Store
The Refinery
The Safeplace
The Sewers
The Factory (Saviour)
The Factory (Survivor)
The Factory (Bad Ending)
The Port (Saviour)
The Port (Survivor)
The Ship (Saviour)
The Ship (Survivor Ending)
The Docks (Saviour)
The Docks (Survivor)
The Temple (Saviour)
The Temple (Survivor)
The Camp (Saviour)
The Camp (Survivor)
The Lab (Tigry Saviour Ending)
The Lab (Tigry Survivor Ending)
The Lab (Willow Saviour Ending)
The Lab (Willow Survivor Ending)
Heist
Distraction
The Laboratory (True Ending)
Epilogue

The Alleys

498 12 59
By UhhIdunno009

After all this time, we're finally at Book 2. I don't need to say much here, but I hope you love it, blah blah vote blah blah leave a comment blah blah. Without any further ado..let's dive into Piggy a Novel: BOOK 2

It was a swirl of memories. I don't know what it was, but something took me back to this time. When was it? I have no idea. Nine, ten years ago? That wasn't the point. That day, it was a cold, evening in October. Me and Officer Doggy had been assigned this case before. It was to catch the criminal Willow, she'd been stealing form stores all over the place. Before, we'd dispatched sergeant Poley. He had been unsuccessful, so naturally, it was up to us.

"Alright detective!" Doggy exclaimed. "You'd better be right about her being here." We were standing on the opening to an alleyway, out on the pavement, no-one was out. I swore I saw an orange head poke out from behind a dumpster, but whatever it was cleared away. And without any further ado, me and officer Doggy entered the Alleys in search of Willow.

We passed plenty of rubbish bags spilling out of dumpsters that had had the lid lazily shut, leaving it crammed. On our left, was a dirty light brown door with grimy windows. What's more, seemingly lifeless flickering lights were dotted across the buildings that were coming into view.

"Let's make this arrest quick." Doggy said, with a shudder. With a bang, I kicked down the light brown door, and my eyes were met with a kitchen like space, with bare tables and two broken down wooden stools at each end of them. The space where the meals would have been prepared was practically cardboard, nothing was there, it was as though the bustling of a busy restaurant had been sucked dry, and there was nothing to even see anymore. Doggy peered in over my shoulder in squinted in the darkness, quite swiftly, we moved on. The assortment of buildings we came across included, Leo's Laundromat, a washroom, a smaller art gallery than the one across the road, and some living spaces. I glanced at my notes again.

"It seems Rash was also spotted in the area too." I told Doggy.

"I hate that guy!" Doggy growled. "Always causing unnecessary trouble." I was about to agree with him, but then I realised, aren't all criminals always causing unnecessary trouble? None the less, I brushed it off and continued the investigation. Something that caught me off guard, was the pair of binoculars, right outside Leo's laundromat. They seemed to be focused, on a much grander building than the rest, it definitely looked, more..like a living space than the other buildings, but being a police detective, you can never jump to conclusions. And anyway, I wanted to check out that laundromat for a matter of fact. Doggy knocked politely on the door, but after ten seconds of no answer, I busted down another door. The inside was dusty, and smelled musky. One look around the place would give the impression it was abandoned for years; the washing machines seemed to be destroyed, and the sinks were smashed in.

"Check upstairs, Officer." I commanded Doggy. He gave me a quick nod and sprinted up the stairs, taser in hand.

Doggy's feet thudded up the stairs as he came to the top floor, the only other floor actually, and let his eyes scan around the room. He noticed dirty plates and empty bottles of water on the floor, as well as a sleeping bag in the corner of the room, there was even a mattress with brown stains all over it in the opposite corner of the room. There was also a terrible smell. Doggy pinched his nose and made his way over to the window. The curtains were drawn slightly, and he whipped them back to reveal a pair of binoculars, aimed straight at a clearing in the ground maybe twenty feet away. He shivered in the gust of cold October wind that blew in. Doggy tried to follow it's gaze, even attempting looking through the pair himself, but he saw..nothing.

"What a weird guy." He muttered to himself. Doggy started back down the stairs, but just before he went, he cast a glance over his shoulder..well..nothing..once again. His steps echoed once more as he strode down the steps.

I watched Doggy walk out of the building.

"Anything there?"

"Nope."

We continued on our way. But we had to stop by at the small art gallery, just to compare it to the other, probably superior art gallery right across the street. Knock Knock No answer? 10..9..8....2..1 BANG!!! The proper name for the gallery probably should have been, miniature art gallery. It had a high ceiling, and the walls were framed with pictures, of varying situations. A man running down a grass hill, a picture of an erupting volcano, and a picture of a boy and a girl slapping each other a high five. He definitely stayed in there longer than we needed to. The main attraction of the gallery was two sets of stairs, leading diagonally upwards, where they met and created a small platform, and just as an excuse to stay a little longer, me and Doggy tracked up each side of the platform and met at the top. On a little stand, was a simply perfect white and blue vase, it had patterns of roses on it. It was so beautiful, I found myself gazing into it, further and further, like a hypnotic spell.

"Sorry detective, but let's not forget why we're here." Doggy interrupted, bringing me and my thoughts back to reality. After that, we didn't really have a reason to stay any more. Now..remember that grander looking building I was talking about before. That was the building we checked out next. Knock Knock, BANG! My patience had run out at this point. The inside seemed to form a square, and in the middle was an office with glass windows, if you were to take a quick peer inside. You would see a desk with a chair, a wooden notice board with dates pinned up on it, and something rather eye-catching. A black laptop that was open a crack and the light was still on! That meant it had been used recently, REALLY recently, like, SUPER recently, MEGA recently, in short, it must have been quite recently. That caught Doggy's eye too. I checked out the front of the area and was hit with the sight of a keypad and a gigantic metal door. I tried the door, and it was of course locked.

"Get that door!" I commanded him.

"Yes detective." Was his reply. He went for a front kick and the door buckled, so a few more kicks should do it. Just to be sure, I tried a few random combinations in the keypad, and electronic beeps responded withe every press of the button. In that time, two more kicks could be heard, then a titanic slam of the door falling over. Both of us rushed in, and immediately went for the laptop. I opened the screen wide to see a generic screensaver, and clicked on the folder, keypad code inside were a few files, and after trying a few of them (which were blank), I discovered the code, 953. Automatically, I rushed back to the keypad and punched in the code. A louder beep could be heard and the door swung open. Standing right there, in the middle of a long hallway, was Willow Wolf.

"There she is!" Doggy bellowed. Willow was riffling through some papers that we didn't stop to read. She booked it down the hallway to a door, slid behind it and clicked the lock. Doggy banged his fist on the door.

"Open up!" He yelled. "Unless you want us to do things the hard way." No response.

"Oh well." I muttered. The door came crashing down after two attempts, and there Willow was, slightly shaking, in a small room with nothing but an overturned table in the corner.

"P-P-Please d-don't." She stammered. "I-I W-was only t-trying to f-feed my f-family." At first, Doggy tried to be sympathetic at first, but I had to shoot him down.

"But you broke the law, Willow." I responded simply, walking forward with a pair of handcuffs. But, an uninvited guest suddenly appeared in the doorway behind them, with a deadly crowbar in hand, ready to inflict pain. Luckily, Doggy noticed it before I did.

"Rash!" Doggy cried, spinning around, with his taser pointed straight at Rash. "Put your hands where I can see them." However, he firmly equipped his crowbar and got ready to pounce, but then, Willow said,

"Stand down, Rash." She said glumly. Rash looked quite taken aback, but he dropped his crowbar and put his hands right in the air, he then stepped back against the wall.

"Why! They'll take us away!" He protested at Willow.

"I'd rather fight than take you away." Doggy murmured through his teeth. Willow looked straight at the ground with such a sad expression that I nearly thought she was merely guilt tripping me.

"Grr, you haven't seen the last of me." Rash growled.

A few hours later, everything had mostly been cleaned up. Willow was sent to jail in the back of a police van when more backup arrived. However, something about her stealing for her family didn't stick right with me. Me and Doggy were praised for our efforts directly from the chief but Rash on the other hand had fled the scene after he heard me call for more backup. In the same corridor we found here, there were a few other policemen talking here and there, and me and Doggy were near the entrance.

"Something about this doesn't feel right." I told Doggy, as the other policemen wrapped things up and started heading back to their cars.

"I know what you mean." Doggy said, leaning one arm against the door frame. "But unfortunately, things have to be the way they are." But something in my mind went against that. I knew if my family and I were starving to death in a city as dirty and dangerous as this one, I'd want to do something.

"But surely there's something we can do." I protested. Doggy looked a little caught off guard, he then turned to me with a serious and stern look that I'd never seen him wear.

"We have a role to play." He stated. "It's not about doing what we want to, It's about doing what we need to." That point struck me into silence, it was like being told off my a parent. Except.. 

Doggy pushed himself off the door frame and started walking back to our deploy car.

"You coming?"

WHOOOSH! Now we're back at the safeplace. It's quite a lively scene. Winter is definitely arriving, and everyone (including myself) are wrapped up in winter clothing. Georgie is chasing around in the front yard.

"Come one, Georgie!" Zuzy cries. "Why can't you keep up with us!" Georgie could barely wheeze as his face was red from running and he was out of breath.

"Well it's two zebras against one pig!" He spluttered. "What do you expect?" A little further up the yard, was us: Mimi and Giraffy were gardening every free second they had to gather as much food as possible before winter fully kicked in. Me, Zizzy and Pony were standing in a form of triangle.

"Well, are you coming?" Pony asked me. 

"Coming where?" I replied. At this point of the infection, and with the food and resources we have. I doubted we had any reason to leave the safeplace unless it was to look for more survivors. Then, Mimi overheard the conversation and looked up from her obsessive gardening.

"Remember that old radio we found in one of our supply runs?" She said, rubbing her dirt stained hands on the front of her shirt. I sure did, Molly sometimes did these supply runs, where she would gather resources in random places and se what she got at the end. Kind of pointless if you think about it, but sometimes we struck gold.

"What about it?" I asked excitedly. "Wait..can you get it working?" Molly nodded.

"Yup, we just need batteries."

"That's it!"

Zizzy then made herself relevant.

"And that's what me and Pony were going to try and find." She said. "Do you want to come along?" Of course I did! I guess once every blue moon, it was good to spice things up a bit.

"Sure, let's go!" And with that, Mimi hit a red button on the side of the wall, and the gates whirred open. Me, Zizzy and Pony all marched off in search of batteries.

Well..what did you think of that? What you expected? Above and beyond? Let me know in the comments. And as I said previously, I couldn't wait to write book 2 as soon as book 1 had started. By the way, Chapter 2: The Store will release late December around 20:30 GMT. That's right, I'm a British lad. Alright, that's for now

Your author 

DOF

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

486 31 13
The story of how the rb battles hosts became pigs in piggy and became infected... Plus some Au stuff that (probably I only have!) Enjoy and comment...
17.9K 576 10
"I-is that.. blood on you..?!" You stepped back, a horrified expression on your face you felt like you were going to puke. Your eyes look behind Seba...
6.7K 86 35
A pig named Soldier has gotten a job at the outpost and becomes great friends with the general,and their friendship might evolve into romance.(P. S...
1K 35 19
Vulpine has been taking life slowly. They don't know which idea is right, so they've depended on others' ideas. But when everyone has gone insane and...