The Bookstore || A Percabeth...

By Adri-Pearl

After her mother, Athena passed away, Annabeth had to run her mother's bookstore all by herself. But with no... More

Aesthetics
This was not going to end well for me
That was confusing
Maybe this wasn't going to be so bad
I was not taught to sleep on command
Is this a bookstore or restraunt ?
I refused that she refused my help
One day
But here I was, in the exact same situation
When will my life beginnn
This was going to be fun
I was glad to have my bestfriend back
Nope Nope Nopity Nope
He must think I was weird
Stupid fates of Greece
Thank the fate's of Greece
My mom was the best
Maybe I had something to worry about
Nameless
I'm in trouble
Ugh Drew
*Bonus Chappy*
The return to Miami
Glass bottle
Lucky little baby
Percy finally stopped being clueless
A chill night
Pt 2: Oh no no
Best of luck
Aunt Hera's making my ears bleed - Pt 1
Aunt Hera's making my ears bleed pt-2
Running the bookstore, again.
Never having coffee, again.
Something permanent
Mom needs to realise that I'm not a baby anymore
Hospital conversations are absolute HELLen
The worst timing in the history of my world
New Years Day
Bonnie and Clyde
My lovable fool
Its a love story
Baby just say yes
•Epilogue•

Pt 1: Oh no

2K 31 144
By Adri-Pearl

Dad was pissed.
Like more pissed off than the time I painted his brand new half a million dollar white couch blue as a toddler.

Apparently he didn't like the fact that I stole his credit card to pay for the trip.

Nor the fact that I replied with telling him that I didn't like the fact that he sold my hand In marriage for his company.

Trust me, the argument that followed after the trip was not pretty.

So with tempers still flaring, we ignored each other until a car pulled up in a driveway and Rachel's red head popped up.

I waved.

At a certain hopeless point, I'd been okay with my fate. I liked Rachel and I was sure that If we did get married, we could make it work.

Until a special blonde walked back into my life turned everything around. And, I couldn't imagine loving anyone the way I did her. She was perfect.

Not being able to tell Annabeth about the engagement has been hell. I just...didn't want to believe it was real at the time. So I ignored it. And when I wanted to, I know I'm making excuses here, it wasn't the right time.
And I just....felt so helpless against it.

Because If I did tell her about it, and Rachel and I can't get out of the agreement.....I can't even think about that. I was terrified of giving myself fake hope. Or worse, playing with Annabeth's feelings like that. She deserves so much better.

Last night, I decided I was going to tell her today, right after this meeting. I want to be with the one I love.I'll apologise and try my best to make it right and do right by her. She deserves nothing less.

And If by some miracle she forgives me, I hope she'll also say yes to being my date to Thalia and Luke's wedding. And If she doesn't, I'll spend the rest of my life trying to make it right.

I grateful Rachel understood. And played along until we could come up with a way to break the contract.

"Percy!" she gave me a little hug for the benefit of our father's, snickering softly as she pulled back. I adjusted my suit, smoothing it out. It was so dam uncomfortable. But for meetings like this, where a horde of lawyers came too, dad insisted I wear a suit.

Rachel and I didn't like Apollo or dad's stubby little lawyers. They were annoying. Always asking us a billion useless questions like 'How many kids are you planning on having?" And not to mention extremely sexist. They didn't bother listening to most of Rachel's answers so we resorted to secretly flipping them off when they weren't looking.

Apollo caught us one time but just chocked on his Diet Coke, and didn't call us out. ThankGods.

"Rachel!" I gasped, fake swooning. Dad rolled his eyes, steam still steaming from his ear.

He led us three to his home office. With Tyson in school and my step mom out shopping, the house was quiet. Every step we took made a sound on the marble floor, echoing off the walls.

For a mansion, it sure seemed cold and small. I liked mom's place better.

"How are things going?" Rachel whispered as Apollo began spouting a haiku randomly. Even she was dressed up, in a yellow dress, not a speck of paint on her.

"I'm going to tell Annabeth everything. And ask her out," I whispered back. Rachel and I had become pretty good friends over the months, mainly bonding over the fact that we were both stuck in this situation.

She grinned, bobbing her head in approval, "I was wondering when you'd get some sense into that stupid head of yours," she giggled.

I rolled my eyes.

The meeting, as usual was long and drawn out. Luckily, most of the time Rachel and I didn't have to be a part of them. We did have school at whatnot.

But when our luck ran out, we were dragged into an office, forced to dress up and trying not to fall alseep. The last part was just me, Rachel actually liked the meetings. Just some parts I guess, not where they discuss our merger.

She wanted to run her father's company one day, If her brother Will, (who i recently found out was her stepbrother) wasn't given preference. Good for her that he didn't even want to be a part of it.

You know the phrase 'It's a small world?' I feel like it applies to me to a freakish extent. Whoever I know, seems to know someone who I also know and it's all interconnected.
It's kinda freaky.

"Perseus! Are you listening?" Dad called out, explaining some numbers to me. I wasn't listening.

It was drizzling, the drops of rain falling gracefully on the window. I spent most of the long meeting racing the raindrops, trying to decide which one would win.

"And that concludes this meeting," A lawyer named Ron decreed after a gruelling period time, he stood up, extending his grimy little hand to dad.

We escorted Rachel, Apollo and the gaggle of lawerys out, pretending to be the best father and son duo on the planet.

Dad and Apollo talked for a little while, standing under the balcony canopy as the lawyers left. So Rachel and I talked as well, me explaining why dad was so mad and her trying not to laugh hysterically.

Just then, the gate beeped open and in walked Annabeth, accompanied by Thalia who had a free entry pass.

She squinted her eyes at the balcony and waved, as Thalia walked inside the mansion to no doubt take a nap in a guest room. She did that sometimes.

I waved back, grinning.

"Is that Annabeth? Your friend from camp?"dad asked, watching her walk up the staircase to where we stood. Droplets of rain fell from the sky, spraying her. But she didn't seem to mind, instead extending her hand out to feel them.

My heart did a flip

I nodded, answering dad's question, as Rachel poked my ribs, amusement plain on her face.

"Hello, Mr Jackson," Annabeth greeted as she came to our level, reaching forward to shake his hand. She stepped under the canopy, still slightly damp from the mini shower she just had.

Dad smiled politely, extending his arm out.

He liked Annabeth and met her a couple of times when we were children. And by like her I mean, he constantly told me to be like her.

"How have you been Annabeth? No doubt you're here to see Percy. And my niece is here too, hopefully to finally invite me to the wedding in person and not over a text!" he chuckled, stroking his luxurious beard.

She nodded, smiling in my direction. I felt the heat rise to my cheeks and prayed no one noticed. However, Rachel did because she looked like she was literally going to burst from laughter.

"So that's the infamous Annabeth Chase huh?" she whispered, leaning over.

"Shut up," I whispered, but nodded anyway. Yes. Yes it was.

"I've been good. And yes, I'm pretty sure that's what Thalia came to do. Though she did tell me something about taking a nap," Annabeth answered politely, her eyes still holding mine. Gods she had beautiful eyes.

"Well we do have very comfortable beds," Dad chuckled, he motioned me and Rachel over.

"Apollo this is Percy's friend, Annabeth," he introduced her to the confused man.

"And Annabeth," he asked, turning to her,
"have you met Percy's fiancé, Rachel over here?" he asked, waving a hand over at us.

My heart fell
Oh no
Oh no
Oh no no no no
This cannot be happening

She turned to me, giving a lethal smile that could kill, "No, sir," she said, each word chiseling a hole in me, "I have not."

——————————————————————————

Oh NO!
What's gonna happen next?!
Am I kinda evil for leaving it on a cliffhanger like this?!
*gasps loudly*

Merry Christmas by the way!!!

—S

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

268K 4.5K 48
For the past year, Perseus Jackson has been a worldwide phenomenon, a singer who has taken the world by storm. And has a crush on humble, aspiring, j...
206K 2.4K 79
Just simple oneshots, headcannons, and short stories featuring mainly Percabeth, but other characters from PJO, HoO and MC will be included. Mainly F...
806 26 1
Rachel wants to meet all of Annabeth's new friends, and what better way to do so with a sleepover? She forces- ahem, invites Annabeth, Thalia, Piper...
155K 1.2K 32
Set after the war against Gaea, Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase are graduating college and have started their new lives together. As they go through...