Ten Million Years Stuck in Th...

By MitchieMoi998

Kaori Sol spends about 10,000,000 years stuck in a space filled with light dots with information from all lif... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38

Chapter 25

1.9K 79 2
By MitchieMoi998

When Kaori walks out of the administrative building, it is already 10:45 am. She makes her way to the school building.

Actually, she could just call Principal Tao (he gave her his personal phone number) and request for a leave from school. I mean, she is not really learning anything from school at the moment. However, she decided to attend one more day, almost like a farewell to the school and its snobbish students, before she asks for the leave. Then she can focus fully on her own thing.

Kaori walks towards the building while laughing. Through the TC, Kaiser gave her updates on the students' reactions to her absence from school.

They all agreed that she was kicked out of ASHS for her horrible grades. Many of them made snide comments under their breath thinking Kaiser won't be able to hear them. Unfortunately for them, Kaiser's hearing and senses had a 10x improvement with the increase of his cultivation.

Many of the students were gloating and mocking Kaori, while trying to get closer to Kaiser.

Kaori can't help but laugh as she comes closer to the school building.

Three minutes later, she is standing in front of her class which is having a class with Mr. Reddington.

She walks in.

The moment she walks in, all eyes turn to her and widen in surprise. Soon murmurs fill the room.

"What is she doing here?"

"I thought she was kicked out of school?"

"Maybe today is her last day?"

"Yeah it has to be"

Mr. Reddington looks towards Kaori with a displeased frown. He already had a poor impression of her since his first class with her, which she slept through. Frankly, he doesn't want a student like this in his class. But when he went to the vice-principal to complain, he was denied kicking her out of his class because of her genius brother; Kaiser Sol. Mr. Reddington could only keep his annoyance in as he had to admit that Kaiser is a genius that he wouldn't want to lose. He could only blame Kaori's luck for having a brother like Kaiser.

Therefore, seeing Kaori leisurely stroll into the class three hours late, he couldn't reign in his displeasure anymore. He decided to teach her a lesson.

Unfortunately, Mr. Reddington wasn't the one that graded Kaori's Advanced Mathematics paper. If he was, he wouldn't be thinking these nonsensical thoughts.

"Good day, Mr. Reddington" Kaori says before proceeding to make her way to her seat.

Mr. Reddington snorts. "Stop right there!"

Kaori turns around with a small smile. "Yes?"

Mr. Reddington's eyes narrow at her smile. He suddenly has a bad feeling, but he quickly pushes it down, determined to teach this unruly child a lesson.

"Come here and solve this question on the board"

Hearing this, the already murmuring students break out into even more excited talking and jeers.

"Ha! It is finally time"

"Exactly! Previously, she managed to hide behind Immortal Kai, but she can't do that this time"

"I love Mr. Reddington. He didn't give her a way out at all."

"Exactly! Everyone gets your phones ready. We can't miss this moment!"

"I'm already recording. Slow poke"

"Shut up!"

All the students got excited, ready to witness a show. Everyone believed that she would make a fool of herself...well except Kai. Kai leans back on his seat with his arms crossed and a smile on his face.

At this point, Mr. Reddington has already started writing a complicated question on the board.

Kaori slowly walks back to the front of the class with a blank face, showing no emotions.

Seeing this, the students couldn't help but gloat some more, thinking that Kaori is probably nervous or unconfident.

A few seconds later, Mr. Reddington finishes writing the question. The class falls silent for a few seconds then breaks out into an uproar.

"WHAT?! This is even harder than the question Kaiser solved the other time!!"

"Mr. Reddington is too ruthless!! I'm getting goosebumps..."

"What a sinister little man"

"Aiya Kaori is so done for"

"She was already done for the moment Mr. Reddington targeted her. Now, she is already roadkill"

"The Student Slayer really spares no one"

Seated at the front of the class, Terry Fae, the class monitor, smirks.

'Finally this tumor can be uprooted. How dare she come into my class and mess up my class average. We spent so long trying to surpass Class A. My dad has been putting a lot of pressure on me to surpass them because of his business rival's child in Class A. Recently, it finally looks like we are getting close to that goal. Finally, we are about to enjoy the benefits of being the top class in ASHS Grade 11. But then, this kind of tumor appears...' His face twists.

'You have no idea how much Class A has mocked our class for taking in such a burden. Even Class B, the art class, is mocking us. I can't stand it!! Hopefully, after this humiliation and with her getting kicked out of school, I wont get to see her ever again.' Terry thinks resentfully.

Seeing the question on the board and the satisfied look on Mr. Reddington's face, Kaori almost lets a smile slip.

She clears her throat and takes the marker from Mr. Reddington's outstretched hand.

At this point, the students' smiles get wider, their eyes glisten in anticipation, they lean forward towards the front hoping to get a better view, their phone ready to capture the anticipated show.

However, they are sure to be left disappointed. Kaori has already decided to not care anymore. She will do whatever she wants. Therefore, she won't completely hide her brilliance anymore.

She starts writing on the board at a fast pace. She didn't even take the time to think like Kaiser which makes the students look down on her even more.

'At least try to pretend to be knowledgeable as a start' they think in disdain.

At first, Mr. Reddington and the students' faces are all smiles. However, as Kaori writes line after line, their smiles slowly dim.

None of the students understand the question or even how to proceed with it, even Terry Fae, but as Kaori continues, they see Mr. Reddington's stunned face and even an idiot will realize that something is not right.

Very quickly, Kaori fills up the three sections of the board. She slides them up to reveal three more blank sections. She continues writing.

Inwardly, Kaori complains to Kaiser through the TC.

"Argh!! This question could have been solved using just one and a half of this boards but because of our stupid Grade, I have to overcomplicate such an easy question!"

Kaiser almost chokes.

"Easy question?? Kaori...sis...it would take me at least three days to solve this question at the moment. Maybe even a week!"

"Three days?! A week?!? Ay Kaiser, it looks like I need to up the level of your study questions. That's really disappointing.."

Kaiser's face twists in agony.

'Aiya, why did I run my mouth so carelessly?!' he thinks sourly.

"Come on Kaori! I didn't say I won't be able to solve it, I just said it will take me a bit of time!"

"Well that bit of time is too long. I'm not changing my mind"

Kaiser sulks.

"People will think you are the older sister if they listened to our conversation"

"Which is reasonable. I really should have come out first. I won't be surprised if you were annoying me so much in the womb that I just pushed you out first to get rid of you."

Kaiser rolls his eyes but does not retort.

"Okay okay. What if I promise to reduce the time it will take to solve the question to two days?"

"Half a day"

"Impossible! One and a half"

"Half a day"

"At least increase the time dammit!! One day! This is my limit!"

"Whatever...okay one day. Slacker"

Kaiser groans to himself.

If anyone else heard this conversation between the twins, they would probably shave their heads and head to a temple never to be seen again.

This question is the university level third year midterm question from ten years ago which left the whole year stumped. Not one person got this question right during the exam. One genius student managed to solve it two months after the exam. Apparently, he couldn't accept that he couldn't solve it so he spent two months working on only this question until he finally solved it. That incident left the whole University in an uproar for about six months. Later, that genius student ended up being the youngest Director of the Central Intelligence Organization of Tarra (CIOT).

This math problem that the genius student, who later became the youngest Director of CIOT, spent six months to solve, for someone to say he/she can solve it in one week is already classified as heaven-defying. Which makes what Kaori is doing at the moment even more unfathomable.

At this time, Kaori writes the final answer to the question. She turns around to face the silent class. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 36.1K 61
WATTYS WINNER When her fiancé ends up in a coma and his secret mistress, Halley, shows up, Mary feels like her world is falling apart. What she does...