Hostage

By REDTINGZZZ

25, Angel White moves into her father's mansion in Los Angeles, California. She didn't know her father had mo... More

O N E
T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
F I V E
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N
E L E V E N
T W E L V E
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N๏ฟผ
F I F T E E N
S I X T E E N
S E V E N T E E N
E I G H T E E N
N I N E T E E N
T W E N T Y
T W E N T Y O N E
T W E N T Y T W O
T W E N T Y T H R E E
T W E N T Y F O U R
T W E N T Y F I V E
T W E N T Y S I X
T W E N T Y S E V E N
T W E N T Y E I G H T
T W E N T Y N I N E
Author Note ๐Ÿ“œ๏ฟผ (Goodbye, maybe?)
Author Note ๐Ÿ“œ (Am I Coming Back?)
T H I R T Y
T H I R T Y T W O
T H I R T Y T H R E E
T H I R T Y F O U R
T H I R Y F I V E
A U T H O R N O T E ๐Ÿ“œ
T H I R T Y S I X
T H I R T Y S E V E N
T H I R T Y E I G H T
T H I R T Y N I N E
F O R T Y
F O R T Y O N E
F O R T Y T W O
F O R T Y T H R E E
F O R T Y F O U R

T H I R T Y O N E

2.2K 54 48
By REDTINGZZZ

When I awoke, I turned over to find Manny sleeping beside me. He was sleeping on his back, his head turned toward me. He had one arm behind his head and one arm hidden beneath the covers. I can tell he's tired because we got home late last night and I'm tired myself. I looked at my phone and saw that it was 11 a.m.

It wouldn't hurt to get another hour of sleep. I closed my eyes and tried to sleep, but then I heard the door open. I didn't bother because I assumed it could be Rubi, but when I heard the voice, it wasn't her. Manny's mother's voice was the one I heard.

"Good morning, Angel, sweetie..." Celina paused before closing the door slightly. "Am I interrupting something?" She inquired.

My heart started racing because I wasn't expecting Manny's mother to enter the room, and I was also embarrassed because I didn't want her to see me in bed with her son. I sat up in bed, pulling the covers over my body.

"Nothing was interrupted by you. We were just sleeping. That's it. Do you need anything?" With a slight smile, I inquired.

Celina then slid the door open a little wider. "Perhaps I should have knocked, but in any case, could you please make breakfast for me? Carlos and I have a few errands to run right quick and my lazy daughter will not do it for me. I'm sorry for bothering you."

I leapt to my feet and smiled as I looked her in the eyes. "You aren't bothering me. Just give me a minute to wash up and I'll be down."

She smiled and blew me a kiss. "Muchas gracias. You have such a lovely heart."

I sighed as she closed the door behind her. I wasn't in the mood to cook breakfast, but since she asked so nicely, I'll oblige. I walked into the bathroom, turned on the shower, and began a 15-minute body wash. After that, I turned off the shower, wrapped myself in a towel, and walked up to the sink to brush my teeth for 2 minutes.

After that, I did my face routine and dried off my body from the water. I entered the room and I changed into some underwear and a bra. Then I immediately started looking for a cute outfit for today. I put on a very cute but simple outfit that I found.

A N G E L ' S O U T F I T 💓

I'm sure Manny will say something about it, but I'm not changing my clothes because Mexico is fucking hot. I finished by applying my lashes, make-up, lipgloss, and spritzing myself with perfume. I looked at Manny as he slept before going downstairs. He looks adorable, and he also appears to be having a pleasant dream.

I approached him and softly kissed him on the lips. I finally went downstairs after grabbing my phone. I was relieved that no one was at the table because I don't want everyone staring at me while I cook.

I opened the fridge to see what she got to cook. I don't know how to cook Celina's breakfast meals, so I'll make my own. I took whatever I needed from the refrigerator and cabinet and began cooking. I began by making French toast, cinnamon waffles, blueberry muffins, turkey bacon, turkey sausage, eggs, omelet, and grits. Breakfast didn't took a long time to finish.

While I was cooking the eggs, my phone started to ring. Trevante was FaceTiming my phone, so I grabbed my phone and looked at my lock screen. I hesitated to answer because I was nervous to speak with him. I picked up the phone after hearing it ring three times. I propped up my phone so he could see me better. He was beaming at me as I stared into the camera, and I couldn't help but smile back because he's just so sexy. He appeared to be walking somewhere.

"Hello?" As I scrambled the eggs, I responded.

"Wassup ma? I'm trying to figure out why you hang up on me like that the other night." He stated.

Because I didn't hang up on him, my eyes grew large when he said that. That was Manny, and I'm not going to tell him because I'm afraid it'll start a fight between them. I'll just have to lie to him.

"I apologize for the inconvenience. My sister was extremely heavily intoxicated, and I had to keep her under control." I said this while arranging the eggs on everyone's plate.

He shook his head, as if he was satisfied with my response. "Aw, that's wassup."

Trevante looked into the camera more closely as I moved around in front of it. In the camera, I can only see his eyeballs. Without saying anything, I continue to let him stare at me like that. But I was smirking because I like how he's scrutinizing me.

"Whatever you're wearing, you should take it off. It's way too damn short, and you should zip your shit up because I can see your boobs." He said this while staring intently into the camera.

With a scowl on my face, I looked at him. "First and foremost, it's hot over here. It's almost 90 degrees outside. I'm not about to put on something long, and I'm not sure why you're acting like that because you're not my man."

He sucked his teeth and motioned me away. "Ayo, you are still mine, so chill with all of that shit. What your little ass doing?"

I put the eggs on each person's plate. "I'm making everyone breakfast. What are you up to? I see you on the move. You must be completely recovered."

"I'm just getting out of physical therapy. I'm still not completely recovered. All I want is for you to be here with me." He said it in a depressed tone.

Because he made it so awkward, I swallowed the lump in my throat and didn't say anything. I wished I could be there with him, but he forced me to come to Mexico by fucking with Alexis, so he brought that on himself.

I sighed as I washed my hands. "I wish I could be there as well, but..."

Trevante interrupted me by sucking his teeth. "Listen, baby, I sincerely apologize for what I did. I just want to take you out and show you how much I love you and how sorry I am when you return."

Before I could speak to Trevante, I felt someone pressing their body against me and putting their head on the crock my neck. When I looked to the side, I saw that it was Manny. I noticed he love approaching from behind me. I didn't hear him enter the kitchen, to be honest.

"I see you preparing breakfast for me." He kissed the back of my neck.

I smiled, but it quickly faded when I realized Trevante was still on the phone. Manny had moved from behind me to the side of me. He then noticed what I was looking at and began to smile at Trevante.

"What's up, man? You appear to have recovered quite well." While smirking, Manny said.

I grabbed the phone and punched Manny in the chest for saying what he said to Trevante before he could respond. I then turned to face Trevante with a nervous smile on my face.

"I'll call you later, Tre." Before Trevante could say anything, I pressed the end button.

I put my hands on my hips and turned to face Manny. He didn't seem to mind that I was staring at him because he began eating the food from his plate while smiling unconcernedly. I grabbed a piece of his turkey sausage that he was about to put in his mouth, and he gave me a wow face expression.

"Yo, give me back my damn turkey sausage. What the fuck is wrong with you? I'm starving." He said this while snatching the sausage from my grasp.

I rolled my eyes and started putting food on the table for everyone. "Why would you say something like that to Tre? It wasn't your place to say anything like that."

He looked at me as if he was perplexed. "What? The only thing I said was that he appeared to be recovering well."

I crossed my arms across my chest. "I mean, he probably doesn't want to hear you say that because you shot him. He's going to think you're being funny towards him."

He sucked his teeth, as if he's annoyed by my response. "He'll be fine, man." He then began to consume more of his food. "Anyway, my mother adores you because she does not allow just anyone to cook in her kitchen."

I started making drinks for everyone. "Boy please, I'm sure Aleah has cooked in her kitchen before."

I couldn't even finish pouring the remaining drinks because Manny swung me around so we could face each other, and I could tell he was annoyed by my response. He's probably irritated because I'm telling the damn truth.

"Here you go with that shit. Why did you feel compelled to bring her up?" He said it in an irritated tone.

My arms are folded across my chest. "So, are you really upset that I brought her up? You must still have feelings for her."

He had his jaw clenched. "You know I don't have feelings for her. She's only my baby mama. All I'm saying is that you shouldn't be concerned about her because I don't see myself with her."

I turned around and poured the final drink onto the table. "Whatever you say, Manny."

He snatched my arm and swung me around again. "Don't irritate me with this attitude shit, Angel, because you're catching an attitude for no reason. You already know how badly I want to be with you. I'm not interested in Aleah."

I took a deep breath and rolled my eyes. "Ok, Manny, I get it."

He approached me very close. Our faces were in close proximity to one another. "Do you want to be with me?"

When I looked him in the eyes, I could tell he was serious when he asked that question. To be completely honest, I'm not sure I want to be in a relationship with Manny. I still have feelings for Trevante, and I really want things to work out between us.

I mean, I have feelings for Manny as well, but I'm stuck right now. I really don't want to say no because it would be a lie, and two, I know it would irritate him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and stared into his eyes.

"I do want to be with you." I told him this while looking him in the eyes.

Manny's lips were almost touching mine. "Ok, so you'll have to learn to trust me and next time, make sure you wake me up so I can fully appreciate those lips of yours."

He put his hand on my cheek, drew me in, and kissed me on the lips. I could tell he was about to deepen the kiss, but we heard a voice from the stairs, so we stopped kissing and pretended to be normal. We turned to face the stairs and saw Miguel, Spooky, Rubi, Camila, and Danny coming down the stairs.

"Damn breakfast smells good as hell foo. What's on the menu?" Miguel inquired, rubbing his hands together.

I turned away from Manny and approached the table, pointing to the food I had prepared. "I prepared breakfast for you guys. Celina needed to run errands and asked me to make breakfast for her."

Danny sat down after grabbing a chair. "Damn, I had no idea my girl could cook."

Danny received a death stare from Manny. "Watch your fucking mouth."

Danny raised his hands as if he's surrendering. I pushed Manny jokingly because he gets so irritated when Danny is joking with me. Camila took out her silverware and started eating breakfast.

"Angel, this looks delectable. My mother asked me to cook breakfast, but I said no because it was too much work for me." Camila chuckled as she ate her food.

Rubi took her silverware and began eating as well. "My sister can really throw down in the kitchen for real. She should prepare dinner for us tonight."

I took a seat, sat down, and began eating my food. "I'm not sure about all of that now, Rubi. You're doing far too much."

Rubi laughed at my remark and went back to eating the rest of her meal. Manny took a seat next to me and began rubbing and squeezing my thigh. He winked at me when I looked at him. Because I'm trying to eat, I'm hoping Manny will stop doing that. I looked around at everyone and noticed that they seemed to enjoy my cooking. Spooky was tearing up the food when I looked at him.

"This food is busting, sister in law." With a mouthful of food, Spooky said.

Spooky loves calling me sister in law, so I chuckled and rolled my eyes at him. Miguel was tearing up his food as usual when I looked over at him. Because he's been in prison for so long, I'm not surprised. I'm sure he's delighted to be eating real food.

"Damn Manny, she's a real cook. You might want to marry that foo." Miguel stated as he chewed his food.

When Miguel said that, I almost choked on my food. I'm definitely not ready for marriage, especially since I have conflicting feelings for Manny and Trevante. I looked at Manny to see how he reacted to Miguel's words. Manny, of course, smiled when Miguel said what he said.

Manny leaned in and gave me a kiss on the cheek. "Don't be concerned about it. I'll make it happen as soon as possible."

Everyone began "ooouuuing" as if they were children. Because they are so dramatic, I rolled my eyes at them. Everyone began to eat their meals in silence. When Camila began to speak, the silence was broken.

"Where were you guys last night? I was looking for you guys, but I couldn't find any of you in your rooms." Camila said, perplexedly looking at us.

Manny, Spooky, and Rubi exchanged glances. Miguel knew where we were, but Danny and Camila didn't. I'm not going to tell them what we did because Manny probably doesn't want them to know. Manny remained silent, as did Rubi and Spooky, so I decided to speak up.

"We attended a party. It was a lot of fun." I said this while sipping my drink.

"Damn, and you haven't told me about it. I know there were a lot of bad putas there." Danny said this while sucking his teeth.

"We assumed you were sleeping and didn't want to wake anyone up, so we just left without saying anything. My apologies for not saying anything to you." I told Danny.

"You good Mami. But please let me know the next time." Danny stated.

I nodded and returned to my meal, as did everyone else. After I finished my meal, I took out my phone and began scrolling through my apps. A few minutes later, I received a notification from News on my phone. A woman has been missing in California for several weeks, according to the notification. I clicked on the article to read it in its entirety.

"Jayda Cheaves, 24, has been missing for several days. Her sister and parents stated that they haven't seen or heard from her. They went to her house and discovered she wasn't there. Police also searched her home and found no evidence of a break-in or kidnapping. If you have any information about Jayda's disappearance, please contact the police as soon as possible," the article stated.

After reading that article, my heart rate dropped and I couldn't think clearly. I grabbed Manny by the shoulders and yanked him away from the table. He looked at me, perplexed, while I looked at him, as if I were scared, which I am. I showed him the article, and he began reading it. I was walking back and forth while he read it.

Manny gave me a "I don't care" look after reading the article. "Ok?"

I stopped pacing back and forth and stared at him as if he were insane? "Ok? Is that all you have to say?"

Manny sighed and shrugged his shoulders. "I mean, what else are you expecting me to say? There's nothing I can do or say about it."

I frustratedly ran my fingers through my hair. "Manny, she's been reported missing. What happens if they figure out we're involved?"

"They're not going to find out. Stop tripping because I've taken care of everything." Manny said this while grabbing and rubbing my arms.

"Are you certain you got rid of everything?" I inquired.

He then looked at me with a thoughtful expression on his face. I clench my fists because I knew he hadn't gotten rid of all of the evidence. My nerves were starting to get the best of me, so I started pacing back and forth again.

Manny grabbed my shoulders and put both of his hands on them. "Alright, look, when we get back to California, I'll tell you where Jayda is buried, and you need to get her phone and keep it because my fingerprints are on it, and I was the last person to call her."

Right now, I was in a state of shock. Manny just said something that I can't believe. Is he really expecting me to go to Jayda's burial site and dig her up and take her phone? You've got to be kidding me right now. This is the craziest thing he's ever suggested to me. Because I can imagine just looking at her dead body, I started breathing heavily and my stomach began to hurt.

"No way. Are you insane? I'm not going to dig her up. Why aren't you and Spooky able to do it? You, not I, were the one who killed her." I said it with a tinge of dread in my voice.

"I mean, you're my girl, so you should be able to help me. Whether you're my girl or not, you still work for me, darling." Manny smiled as he said this.

I just stared at Manny without saying anything. I just despise it when he assigns me to crazy missions for him. Before I could say anything to him, Carlos and Celina entered the house with a small bag of groceries. Manny looked at them and then at me.

Manny grabbed my chin and lifted it slightly higher. "Well, mama, we'll finish this conversation later."

I stood there watching him walk away while helping his mother with the groceries. I sighed, thinking that by going to Mexico, we wouldn't have to worry about what was going on in California. I thought we came here to get away from the killing and drugs, but it seems to be following me everywhere I go. I walked over to the kitchen table and sat down, attempting to maintain a normal demeanor.

Danny rose from his seat and took the bags from Carlos. "Why did you guys go out and buy groceries? The fridge is already full."

Celina frowned at Danny and rolled her eyes. "No silly, this isn't for the house. It's for Marcus' soccer match. I bought snacks because he has a soccer game today, and I know we'll be hungry while watching him play."

Manny looked perplexed at his mother. "Does my son really have a game today?"

Carlos laughed softly. "He does, indeed. Didn't Aleah tell you about it?"

Manny appeared to be dissatisfied. "No, she didn't tell me, but that's cool. When will the game begin? I'm excited to see my little man play."

Celina began preparing snacks for everyone. "Actually, the game begins in a few minutes, so we must move quickly and get ready."

"I'm really looking forward to seeing my little homie kick some ass." With a big grin on his face, Spooky said.

Celina came to a halt and grabbed her shoe. "Be careful what you say in my house."

Spooky stopped her by raising her hands. "Please, no. I'm sorry for what I said."

Celina replaced her shoe on her foot, and everyone burst out laughing at Spooky. While the rest of us waited for them, Spooky, Miguel, Rubi, Camila, and Danny went upstairs to quickly wash their bodies and put on clean clothes. It took them a few minutes to complete their hygiene.

After that, everyone gathered their belongings and proceeded to the van. Everyone climbed inside, and Carlos took the wheel, Celina sat in the passenger seat, and the rest of us sat in the back. Carlos started the van and drove down the road to Marcus' soccer game.

———————————————————————-

Hello, you lovely people. I'd like to apologize once more for the brief chapter. I only kept it brief because I'm sure some of you are waiting for me to hurry up and update. Hopefully, one day I'll be able to update more frequently, but my schedule is currently too hectic. But I hope you enjoy this chapter. Thank you for reading this 💓

Love, Red ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8K 396 33
Amy was just doing her normal thing, until she was forced to come face to face with Mark, the most feared person in the whole city. But everything sh...
395K 8.6K 84
(currently editing) When Isabella has finally had enough of the abuse, she decides to leave. She finally has the strength to run from the monster she...
29.6K 475 40
ยซ TW WARNINGS ยป โ€ข alcohol โ€ข weapons โ€ข character deaths โ€ข drugs โ€ข blood โ€ข rape โ€ข abuse ๐ผ ๐‘“๐‘’๐‘™๐‘™-.. ๐‘๐‘œ ๐‘– ๐‘ค๐‘Ž๐‘  ๐‘“๐‘Ž๐‘™๐‘™๐‘–๐‘›๐‘”, ๐‘ก๐‘œ ๐‘š๐‘ฆ ๐‘“๐‘Ž๏ฟฝ...
259 16 14
3 friends get a letter about a party but when they get there the soon find that they can't leave and that they may be in danger. With no phones to ca...