ALONE [JJK]

By StupidButCute00

"Your eyes are like smoke: gray and full of heat." His own eyes dipped into yours, his arms only slightly loo... More

Prologue
Chapter ONE
Chapter TWO
Chapter THREE
Chapter FOUR
Chapter FIVE
Chapter SIX
Chapter SEVEN
Chapter EIGHT
Chapter NINE
Chapter TEN
Chapter ELEVEN
Chapter TWELVE
Chapter THIRTEEN
IMPORTANT
Chapter FOURTEEN
Chapter FIFTEEN
Chapter SIXTEEN
Chapter SEVENTEEN
Chapter EIGHTEEN
Chapter NINETEEN
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter Thirty - Four
Chapter Thirty - Five
Chapter Thirty - Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty - Eight
Chapter Thirty - Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty - Three
Chapter Forty - Four
Chapter Forty - Five
Chapter Forty - Six
Chapter Forty - Seven
Chapter Forty - Eight
Chapter Forty - Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two -Part 01-
Chapter Fifty Two -Part 02-
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-nine

Chapter Forty - Two

3K 215 32
By StupidButCute00

Chapter Forty - Two,

"What are you doing here Y/N? you still have one day off!" The chief asked while checking his files after he handcuffed a man next to him..

"I want to leave Kim Taehyung's team! I don't want to work with him anymore..." You told him straight ahead, If you want to let go of Jungkook and everything that happened, you needed to start here....

The Chief looked at you for a second, up and down then shook his head in disappointment, only to go back to his files, "Detective Kim, You didn't even work with him for two months and you are already requesting something like that? No one is comfortable with their partners at first you just need to-"

"I don't want that!" You coldly answered.

"And I don't want to listen to your request, as you can see I am with a suspect now, which means I am working. You are staying with Kim Taehyung until further notice!" He gave you a fake smile, "The decision is made so don't e-"

"Sir, I shouldn't be a suspect, I am innocent!" the man decided to talk now.

"I know. You're the 43rd innocent person I've booked this week!" The chief sarcastically said to the man, ignoring you again.

You cleared your throat and said again. "20"

"What again?" Your boss turned his attention to you.

"I will solve twenty cases of the unsolved ones, the most difficult......... in ten days!" You added.

He raised his eyebrows, confused but then shook his head and looked at the suspect again, "Please make this easier for me-"

"25" Fine......... you want to do it this way, alright. " Will you reconsider your decision if I solved 25 cases in ten days?" You looked at him exactly in the eyes and said. You didn't care if you'll work 24/7 if it means you won't have to deal with Taehyung, now that you know he was well aware of Jungkook's lies you don't think you can treat him the same.

"Humm I see that Taehyung really did piss you off!" He laughed. "We will both definitely get a raise if you did that Y/N ..........But it's still a no......... And.........I AM WORKING!" He shouted, totally ignoring you, probably didn't believe you were serious."....... Now tell me, where did you hide the jewelry?" He asked the man.

"I didn't steal no jewelry, Sir" The man interrupted you again. "I am innocent!" Lie.

"Well, that's not true!" You turned your attention to the man, "The cuts on your knuckles are straight, probably from smashing a window or a display case, but the ones on your fingertips, they're jagged." You added, "The kind you get from the sharpened edges, you been picking up precious stones sometime recently?" You looked at him and smiled then the chief when suddenly the room became silent.

Both the man and the chief's eyes widened.

"Here your case is solved, you aren't working!" You told the chief who sounded satisfied with the suspect's reaction when knowing he can't lie anymore. "How about a week, Sir?" You said again, this time he put his files down after he shook his head but a hint of a smile on his face.

He looked at you again, and stood up "You really are self-willed!" He laughed.

"I am!" You agreed and watched the man raise his hand for an officer to escort the suspect away, "I happen to work better alone, I will probably cause more troubles than good results if I stayed here working with Kim Taehyung, I recommend you reconsider my offer!". You added.

"Listen here, Detective Y/N!" The chief took a deep sigh and stood up, you followed him with your eyes as he walked toward the door of his office, "No police officer can work alone-"

"Try me, Sir!" You cut his words.

"I don't have the freaking time to try you, you are a detective in this department which means your presence here is needed!" He shook his head, then walked out of his office. Of course, you followed him without hesitation. 

He just said Police don't work alone, but isn't alone better than working with someone you don't trust? 

You still don't know what Kim Taehyung knows or the reason he kept his mouth shut, probably Jungkook told him or asked his help but............. You have a feeling it's deeper than that.  

"Then consider it my yearly vacation-" You said but were cut by an old man who you have never seen before.

"Hello! Chief!" You watched the man stand up from one of the officer's desks and walk toward your boss totally ignoring you, you looked at him up and down, "I came to get the file you promise to give me last weak, is it prepared yet?"

The chief immediately faked a smile and walked shaking the other's hand.  "Oh reporter Lee.... I can't believe you came all the way-"

"Excuse me ....... we were having a work-related conversation, you obviously don't have a ticket to this conversation!" You glared at him. Making the chief and the officers around you freeze, the reporter was in his forties probably, but the boss and those colleagues of yours won't show this reaction to your behavior with the man for only this reason. If he was a reporter, you guessed they were probably used to working with him, maybe he was the one in charge of writing about the cases. So, any mistake and he can make the whole department look bad. 

'Do you care, Y/N?' 

Of course, not. 

"Detective Y/N" The chief whispered/ yelled threatening you when he saw how this new man gave you a dirty look.

"Work-related? Detective Kim?  I didn't know our police hire foreigners now!" He raised his eyebrow then looked at the chief, "How interesting ......'Can we as citizens of South Korea trust outsiders to keep us safe?' Don't you think it will be an amazing title? " He smirked when he saw the chief's eyes widen. 

"Oh Oh Oh Reporter Lee, there's no need for that!" The chief faked a laugh, "S-she's a Korean citizen now, she.......s-she doesn't u-usually act this way, Our detective is going through some hard times so pl-"

"No, I am not!" You gave your boss a look then looked at the reporter, "He's the one going through some hard times!" You walked toward him, he was just a little taller than you but it was obvious who's the dominant here. The man blinked when you leaned in and sniffed him, "Yeah you're definitely on a roll..... cheap soap, an unironed shirt, stomach pain, a recent loss of weight......... I am gonna take a wild guess here-"

"Detective Y/N-" The chief glared at you again, stopping you before you say another thing that may make the reporter unhappy, everyone already noticed how the man step back with a confused annoyed look on his face. 

Did the chief stop you? Of course, not. "You're angry and unhappy because you're living in a motel after your wife found out everything about the woman you're having an affair with that you don't even care for, you're a seething mess of self-loathing and ..................understandably so ........ " 

You watched the reporter's eyes widen, and his face turned red after hearing what you said in front of everybody. 

"YOU.............." The man raised his pointing finger as if threatening you but words didn't come out, after making everyone believes he was superior for years it must be embarrassing. "You'll regret this!" That's all he said before walking away in a hurry. 

The silence took about ten seconds before the chief yelled. "DETECTIVE KIM Y/N!" 

"I told you I will only cause problems." You rolled your eyes.

"GOD FINE, that's it....... do whatever you like!........ But a week Y/N, no more than that! I can't let you waste your time and mine for something impossible." he waved his hands; you never see him that angry "But look....... If you failed, which you will, you'll be transferred back to traffic! I don't know how they dealt with you for a year but this is my limit!" He left

"Thank you, Sir!" You nodded.

.

.

Outside of the police department, you stood by the car waiting for Mingyu to drive you back home. You could have gone alone but the files the chief gave you were many so the young officer suggested to give you a ride.

"He's taking forever!" You rolled your eyes and sighed.

" I heard you requested a partner change!"

You turned when you heard the familiar voice.

Kim Taehyung.

"And if I did?" You looked at him up and down, unimpressed.

"Well, I don't care!" He placed his hands inside his pockets and looked away, "Working with you wasn't that pleasing anyway!" 

Truth.

"Have we met before?" You stood straight and ask, finding his behavior from the start a little abnormal. It was more than a person who didn't like your personality, it almost felt like he held a strong-bad feeling toward you. 

You watched him roll his eyes, "It's not our first time meeting obvi-"

"Let me rephrase it!" You took a step toward him, "What is it that you want from me? ........ Investigating me, avoiding conversation so I won't fish your lies also............ pushing your asshole friend to befriend me, "You took another step, now standing right next to him, "What information do you want to find?" 

He looked down into your eyes for a second then looked away, "I don't want to find anythi-"

"liar!" You cut his words, your voice was hard and emotionless. You were done with bullshit, you have been ignoring the feeling but it was obvious from the start, Kim Taehyung's actions were more questionable than Jungkook's, the officer made it clear that he didn't want to work nor talk to you from the start, you knew he searched information and a full background check about you but you deciding not to think much about it. You thought he was just a curious man, and curious people found you interesting. 

But, you were done ignoring your thoughts. You did it many times and look where it took you.......... 

"I won't answer your question! ........... But, here's a piece of advice in case you forgot.........  " He coldly replied. Slowly leaned in and whispered near your ear, "2001 was twenty years ago, Y/N Morris!"

Your brain stutters and blood became cold at that moment, everything went silent, and only the echo of the name he called you was heard. 

Y/N Morris.

 You looked up, but too slowly to be normal. When you spoke your voice trails slowly, like your words are unwilling to take flight, "H-how did you know my r-real name?"

"You are not the only smart person, Y/N." He gave me a look you couldn't decipher, "I know why you came to Korea and why you chose this station, because he used to work here ......... didn't he?" 

He? Taehyung sounded confident and already sure about his words. How can he ....... "Why do you know this?" 

"Because Kim Taewook was my father" 

You swallowed, mouth dry and eyes wide open, did he just ......."W-what.........."

"I am surprised you still didn't figure out!" He faked a laugh, "I knew it was you the moment they called from London mentioning a very high IQ-ed detective will join us ............. I could tell the girl my father lost his life trying to find was you!" 

"What are you saying, Kim Taehyung!?" Still can't place everything he was saying in the order, you swallowed the breath you couldn't take, eyes taking in more light than you expected, "What.Are.You.Saying?" you repeated, words between pauses.

Kim Taewook

Your father's friend who left you at the orphanage, the one who promised to come back but never did. He was his father

Oy Oy ......... Y/N .............he was your last hope in finding what happened to your parents

Did he just say.......... died

"I AM SAYING THAT MY FATHER DIED BECAUSE OF YOU, THAT'S WHAT I AM SAYING!" He suddenly shouted making you step back, shocked and unable to speak. 

"M-me?" Strange, what is he saying

"Yes you .......... When he came back from London, all I remember was him begging everyone to help bring you here." The man added, eyes dark and cold voice. "Then....... he left, went to find you but came back in a coffin!"

"A-and....... H-how is this my fault?" You looked up at him, disgusted by the words he was saying, he was blaming you for Taewook's death and believed it by heart. You knew because that's how you saw psychopaths speak, even if their truth is a lie they believed it and that's why it was harder to deal with them than normal people.  Kim Taehyung was doing the same, even if it was obviously not your fault that his father died, he believes it which made it the truth, at least to him. 

"And whose fault it is that I had to suffer alone? mine? ....... Your father's or MY PARENTS?.......... TELL ME! Kim Taehyung............ If you are here to blame me for his death WHO SHOULD I BLAME?" You shouted back, hating how he was looking at you even though weren't thinking at the moment, your whole body was still shaking in an unknown fear. 

What should I do now

If it's not to find Kim Taewook.........I don't have a reason to fight anymore...........

How can I survive if I don't have a reason? What should I do............

T-tell me.......... Please.

"You should have stayed at the orphanage as he told you!" The man glared, "If you did, maybe he'll be home when I visit."  

He left.

.

To Be Continued .........

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.3K 1K 38
"heyy... you are looking so beautiful." Jungkook smiled and handed the packet to him. "but is in it the wrong dialogue??? may be I should say that...
251K 8.1K 37
[COMPLETED] I entered the club and after minutes of searching for Jungkook, I finally found him drinking at the bar, alone. I pulled up my mask to...
142K 6K 36
ɴᴏɴ-ᴄᴏɴꜱᴇɴꜱᴜᴀʟ ꜱᴍᴜᴛ - ᴅᴀʀᴋ ʀᴏᴍᴀɴᴄᴇ "I-I hate you" Her voice was loathed with hatred and her eyes showed the raging fire in it Hearing her raging voic...
95.3K 4.2K 34
A Jeon Jungkook fiction. (Book 1) Y/n is a mute girl while A/n is a glamorous one. Both belongs from a mafia family. Jeon Jungkook the king of underw...