Two Halfs, One Heart

By PaigeMarieHall

When Ben Tennyson, his grandfather Max, his cousin Gwen and his best friend Paige Swan go on a trip for the s... More

Chapter 1- And Then There Were Ten
Chapter 2- Washington B.C.
Chapter 3- The Krakken
Chapter 4- Permanent Retirement
Chapter 5- Hunted
Chapter 6- Tourist Trap
Chapter 7- Kevin 11
Chapter 8- The Alliance
Chapter 9- Last Laugh
Chapter 10- Lucky Girl
Chapter 11- A Small Problem
Chapter 12- Side Effects
Chapter 13- Secrets
Chapter 14- Truth
Chapter 15- The Big Tick
Chapter 16- Framed
Chapter 17- Gwen 10
Chapter 18- Grudge Match
Chapter 19- The Galactic Enforcers
Chapter 20- Camp Fear
Chapter 21- Ultimate Weapon
Chapter 22- Tough Luck
Chapter 24- Ghostfreaked Out
Chapter 25- Dr. Animo And The Mutant Ray
Chapter 26- Back With A Vengeance
Chapter 27- Midnight Madness
Chapter 28- Ben 10,000
Chapter 29- A Change Of Face
Chapter 30- Merry Christmas
Chapter 31- Benwolf
Chapter 32- Game Over
Chapter 33- Monster Weather
Chapter 34- Super Alien Hero Buddy Adventures
Chapter 35- Under Wraps
Chapter 36- The Unnaturals
Chapter 37- The Return
Chapter 38- Be Afraid Of The Dark
Chapter 39- The Visitor
Chapter 40- Perfect Day
Chapter 41- Divided We Stand
Chapter 42- Don't Drink The Water
Chapter 43- Big Fat Alien Wedding
Chapter 44- Ben 4 Good Buddy
Chapter 45- Ready to Rumble
Chapter 46- Ken 10
Chapter 47- Goodbye And Good Riddance
Chapter 47- Ben 10 VS. Negative 10 PT. 1
Chapter 48- Ben 10 VS. Negative 10 PT. 2

Chapter 23- They Lurk Below

58 4 0
By PaigeMarieHall

We were in a jet and flying to see one of Max's old friends. "Now, this is cool! Picked up in a billionaire's private jet... to check out his brand-new hotel before anybody else. Now we're taking a summer vacation. Thanks!" Ben said to his grandfather. "Yeah, thanks Max. This is awesome!" I said. "Almost as awesome as when you met Michael Jackson, princess?" Ben asked. "OK, let's not go that far, Benji," I said. "I'd do anything for you guys. You know that, Ben and Paige," Max said. I smiled. Even though I wasn't family, Max and the rest of the Tennyson family treat me like I am.

~💚~

"How come you never told us before that you knew Donovan Grand Smith?" Gwen asked. "Must have slipped my mind." "Come on. Nothing slips your mind, Max," I said. He smiled a warm smile at me. Then we landed, Ben grabbed my hand as we exited the plane. "Max Tennyson, it's been way too long." "How are you, Donovan?" Max asked his friend, shaking his hand.

~💚~

"Well, with 16 resorts worldwide, I'd say pretty good. Glad you finally decided to see how the better half lives," Donovan said with a laugh. "These are my grandkids, Ben, Gwen and Ben's girlfriend Paige," Max introduced us. "And this is my grandson, Edwin." "Hi" The three of us greeted him "Yeah. Whatever," Edwin said, uninterested.

~💚~

Ben, Gwen and I looked at each other, shocked. "Ready to take the plunge?" Donovan asked as we got on an elevator. Now, we could see under the ocean and all of the fish. It was amazing! "This is beautiful!" I said in amazement. I could feel Ben staring at me. "You're beautiful," He said as he kissed my hand and I blushed.

~💚~

"You sure this was the safest place to build a resort like this?" Max asked his friend. "You're talking underwater fault lines?" Donovan asked. "I'm taking more like you're smack dab in the middle of the Bermuda Triangle." "Growing up, you always were the worrywart, Max. Never the risk-taker. I give you the world's first and only underwater resort. You won't believe what's down here," Donovan said as Ben, Gwen and I stared in awe.

~💚~

~💚~

Once we got to the resort, Ben grabbed my hand so we could check it out. "I read about your resort in Pacific Monthly Oceania, Mr. Grand Smith. Very cutting edge. Isn't the glass reinforced with..." I was cut off when I heard Edwin say "Butt-kisser" under his breath. Ben and Gwen looked like they wanted to kill him, especially Ben.

~💚~

"Micro-titanium threads to withstand up to 10 atmospheres. Nobody gets wet here unless it's in one of the nine pools." "Very impressive, Donovan," Max said. "Well, for two billion dollars, it ought to be. But, you know, money isn't everything." "We change the family motto, grandpa," Edwin asked. "Hey! Paige and I are into Sumo Slammers, too. Where'd you score that pin?" Ben asked.

~💚~

"Sumo Slammers Slam-Down V in Helsinki. We flew on my grandpa's private jet just to get it," Edwin said. "And Edwin says the pin's already tripled in value. Kid's got a head for business. Grooming him to take over the empire one day. Got to keep it in the family," Donovan said. "Paige and I've sort of been following in my grandpa's footsteps this summer, too," Ben said.

~💚~

Max smiled at us when an alarm went off. "What happened?!" Gwen and I asked. "A power surge must have caused the water to suddenly recycle itself." "Will he be OK?" Ben asked. "If the sharks don't get him first," Edwin said. I looked over at him with a dirty look. "What the heck is this kid's problem?" I thought. "I can't have an employee turned into fish food right before the opening. The press will ruin me," Donovan said.

~💚~

Ben grabbed my hand and we went to go help the man in trouble. "Time for Ripjaws to take a dive, princess," Ben said as he activated the Omnitrix. In a flash of green light, instead of Ripjaws, Ben was Grey matter. "Oh, man. For once I was better off as me," Ben said as we dived into the water. This was going to be the first time that I used my magic underwater. I was very excited because I wanted to see how different it was.

~💚~

I focused on turning the water around the sharks into a twister. In no time at all, that's what appeared and the sharks were taken away. We got back to the surface and everyone helped the man. "Are you OK?" "So, where's your cousin and his girlfriend?" Edwin asked Gwen. "Just hanging. Anyone have a ladder?" Ben asked as I was hanging on to him.

~💚~

"Well, I'll have to double his salary, but he won't breathe a word. Anyway, who'd believe him. He said some 6-inch rat with two legs saved him," Donovan said as Ben, Gwen and I smiled at each other. "Buy him off. Now, that's the Grand Smith way," Edwin said. "Edwin, why don't you take Ben, Gwen and Paige on a tour... so Max and I can catch up on old times?" Donovan asked his grandson.

~💚~

"Oh, man," Ben and I groaned. While Gwen scoffed. "Max, it's too bad you didn't take me up on my offer 30 years ago... when we were both dead broke," Donovan said. "Nice!" Ben said as we passed the pool. "Not bad. In the morning, I have my own swim coach and personal trainer to work out with," Edwin said. "You're a swimmer?" Gwen asked. "Long-distance. My grandpa says it builds character."

~💚~

"My grandpa says it builds character," Ben said, mocking Edwin as Gwen and I laughed. "It's called the Undersea Manta Ray. It's my grandfather's." "Well, it looks cool," Gwen said. "You want to take it for a ride?" "Definitely!" Ben said, holding my hand tightly. "You sure it's OK?" Gwen asked, skeptically. "Wow! Some of these fish look totally prehistoric!" I said, amazed.

~💚~

Ben squeezed my hand and smiled at me. His eyes saying, "I love you," "OK. Now, that's weird," Gwen said. Then, suddenly, an alien that looked like it was mechanical appeared. "And that's weirder," Edwin said as the aliens started to ram the submarine. Soon they surrounded us and broke the glass. "What do you think those creatures want?" Edwin asked.

~💚~

"I don't know but I don't think it's to play Marco Polo," I said, nervously. "We've got to get back to the hotel," Ben said. Then he put my head on his shoulder and said, "I won't let anything happen to you, princess." I nodded, knowing Ben was telling the truth. "Grandpa, do you copy?" Edwin said as he tried to get ahold of Donovan.

~💚~

Ben looked at me and nodded. Then we went somewhere where he could go hero. "Turn me into Wildmutt, you're dead meat," He said as he activated the Omnitrix. In a flash of green light, Ben was Ripjaws. "OK, now we're taking, princess. Then we went out to confront the aliens. Ben swam while I was hanging onto his shoulders.

~💚~

When we got close enough, Ben bit into the aliens as I used my fireballs to finish them off. Suddenly, the Omnitrix started to time out. "I don't go anywhere without my grandkids and that includes my future granddaughter, Paige." I heard Max say. That made me smile, hearing that. When we got back in the submarine, Ben was panting really hard.

~💚~

"Benji! Are you OK?! What can I do? "I'm OK, princess. Don't worry," "It's hard for me not to because I love you so much," I said. He smiled, "I love you too." "We're flooding. They broke the glass," Donovan said. "I know you shouldn't have taken it. I knew it!" Edwin said. "Edwin, quiet. I'm sure it has nothing to do with this." "Taken what, Donovan?" Max asked. "Edwin doesn't know what he's talking about," He tried to argue.

~💚~

"How would you know? All you ever hear from me is what you want to hear," Edwin said. Suddenly those aliens showed up. "Let's go," Max said. We ran as fast as we could to get away from them. "Donovan, what is going on?" Max asked, demanding answers from his friend. "OK. The underwater volcano thing didn't work. The resort was doomed. I was about to become a punch line to a bad joke. Then I found this other energy source...on this weird craft way down below. It was like nothing I'd ever seen before," Donovan explained.

~💚~

"And now I bet those aliens want it back," I said. "Yeah. The same ones... with the underwater parking lot of boats and planes," Ben said. "28 years on the job, I never found out who was behind the Bermuda Triangle. And now they're coming for us!" Max said. "Look on the bright side, grandpa. You still have 15 resorts worldwide," Edwin said.

~💚~

Suddenly, the aliens found us. Ben held me us they started to rip apart the little vehicle we were on. "No!" I screamed as Ben held me tighter. "No!" Edwin screamed. "Donovan, stop this thing!" Max said. "I can't." "We're going to be flattened!" Edwin shouted. "We're not going to make it." "Yes, we will. Now put your head down and brace for impact," Gwen said as she covered Edwin's eyes.

~💚~

Ben activated the Omnitrix and was now Stinkfly. I was on his back as he held Gwen and Edwin in his claws. "Who is...?" Edwin asked. "Just another good alien trying to help us out," Gwen said. "Hold on!" Look out!" Gwen, Edwin and I warned Ben. Suddenly, water engulfed us and we were thrown into it. "My wings are too wet. I can't fly. And, oh, yeah. I can't swin either," He said as he went underwater.

~💚~

"Don't worry. We got you, Ben," Edwin said. "That's not Ben," Gwen said. "Yeah. Right. Good aliens just showing up to help us... while your cousin and his girlfriend always happen to be gone? How dumb do I look? So how do you do it?" "Edwin, listen to me. That energy orb... if the aliens are here for it, we have to get to it first," I said, determined. "All right. Let's get it. But it's all the way on the other side of the resort," Edwin said.

~💚~

"But we won't make it in the water," Ben said. "Who said anything about swimming?" Gwen said. "I don't know what's scarier. The smell of wet stink or these aliens?" "I think that they're both pretty scary, Gwen. Edwin, there must be a faster way to get to the orb, right?" The next thing, I knew; we were falling. "All right! Now we're talking," Ben said, excitedly. I looked and were speedboats by us.

~💚~

I got on one as Ben went to sit behind me, he was pulled underwater by the aliens. "Ben!" I shouted. He came up and got in front, while I put my arms around him. "With this girl's arms around me, there's nothing I can't do," I heard Ben say and a hot blush appeared on my cheeks. "Thamks." "Thank you. That was awesome. Hey, look out!" Edwin said.

~💚~

I looked to see more aliens ahead but Ben dodged them. "Well, I don't expect them to be mini-versions of me. I let them be themselves, faults and all. Well, yeah. This trip was for them," I heard Max's voice again. It brought me the comfort that I needed and I smiled. "If that orb can power this whole resort, just imagine what those aliens did with it," Gwen said. "I don't think I want to," I said.

~💚~

"Stealing all those ships and planes would be a good guess," Ben said. "Maybe if we reversed the connections, it would turn its outward power inward," Edwin said. "And make the whole resort implode!" I said. "With those aliens in it, princess." "Good thinking, Edwin." "Thanks. But we still need to get out of here." "I have an idea," Ben said.

~💚~

Edwin got to work on the orb and soon enough everything was ready. "How much time do you think we have?" Gwen and I asked. "Not much," Edwin answered. "Get in." "That thing's your escape plan? It's only for show," Edwin said. "And when I'm done with it, it'll be for go," Ben said. He activated the Omnitrix and was now Upgrade.

~💚~

Suddenly, we arrived on land and saw Donovan and Max. "How did you get that sub to work? It hasn't run in 80 years," Donovan said. "It's I said, Donovan. Grandkids have an amazing way of rising to the occasion. Even if they're not related by blood," Max said, smiling and winking at me.

~💚~

"The good news is that all the aliens are toast," Gwen and I said. "The bad news is that so's the resort, grandpa," Edwin said. "Hey, who cares? You're all OK, and that's all that matters. You'll have to fill me in on the details, Edwin," Donovan said. "Most of them. And the name's Eddie, grandpa." He said as they hugged. "Thanks for everything." "No problem. Well, so much for your One-of-a-kind resort, Donovan," Max said. "Yeah. Well, it just gives me more time to focus on my next one. It's going up on the moon. Max, how about you and the kids being my first guests?" Donovan asked. "No, thanks," We said. Edwin came up to Ben, "That girlfriend of yours is pretty special, Ben. I hope you know that." He smiled, "I do and I plan to prove to her how special she is for the rest of our lives," Ben said.

~💚~

A little while later

We were back at the Rust Bucket and Ben took me outside. He turned on the radio and my favorite singer, Michael Jackson was playing. It was his song, Speechless. He extended his hand, "May I have this dance, princess?" Ben asked as he bowed. "You may," I said, curtsying to him. As we danced, with Ben's arms around me and Michael's soft voice brought me peace.

Your love is magical, that's how I feel
But I have not the words here to explain
Gone is the grace for expressions of passion
But there are worlds and worlds of ways to explain
To tell you how I feel

But I am speechless, speechless
That's how you make me feel
Though I'm with you I am far away
And nothing is for real

When I'm with you I am lost for words
I don't know what to say
My head's spinning like a carousel
So silently I pray

Helpless and hopeless
That's how I feel inside
Nothing's real, but all is possible
If God is on my side

When I'm with you I am in the light where I cannot be found
It's as though I am standing in the place called Hallowed Ground

Speechless, speechless
That's how you make me feel
Though I'm with you I am far away
And nothing is for real

I'll go anywhere
And do anything
Just to touch your face
There's no mountain high
I cannot climb
I'm humbled in your grace

Speechless, speechless
That's how you make me feel
Though I'm with you I am lost for words
And nothing is for real

Speechless, speechless
That's how you make me feel
Though I'm with you I am lost for words
And nothing is for real

Speechless, speechless
That's how you make me feel
(You're always on my mind)
Though I'm with you I am lost for words
And nothing is for real
Speechless

Your love is magical, that's how I feel
But in your presence I am lost for words
Words like-like "I love you"

~💚~

Then as Ben and I stared into each other's eyes, we kissed. I thought, "This is what true magic feels like."

Hello everyone. Here is the song used. Michael Jackson's Speechless. He's one of my favorite people in the world❤

Here is a picture that one of my friends made of Michael and I❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.2K 286 7
Y/N L/N, the best friend of Ben Tennyson is going on a summer trip with Ben's grandfather and also Ben's cousin, who's the same age as both him and Y...
1.6K 20 7
Ryan has been Ben's friend for a while but doesn't know anything about the aliens in space and on Earth, he doesn't know Ben's identity but later whe...
151K 2.8K 67
Y/n Braween a 10 year old Elementary School student gets invited to join his Best Friend Ben Tennyson, Ben's Grampa Max and Ben's Cousin/ Y/n's crush...
41.9K 733 100
Gwen Tennsyon is hoping to survive the summer away, locked into a road trip with her grandpa max and cousin ben. However when an alien device does wh...