Give and Take (Trafalgar Law...

By thedarkdoctorgirl15

Elga is a girl who suffers from amnesia and travels alone, trying to escape from something she can't remember... More

You better live idiot!
Today is for sure my lucky day!
I owe her!
Give and Take!
He is not that bad!
Whatever...
Keep company to the lonely!
Such a troublesome girl!
Good Morning!
An easy day
Changing Minds
A starry night
I follow you!
Revelations
Burned Calories
The Last Goodnight(?)
She was lying!
Why did you leave?
Clumsy girl
A new life
Instincts and Feelings
Smell
Touch
Vision
Hearing
Taste
A mystery begins!
Me,myself and I
Killed before her murder!
Ohhh Summer Wine!
Misunderstanding!
The storm's thunder!
A place to own!
The bad news
Her first time will be unforgettable!
I trust you!
Prepare for (oink) trouble and make it double!
Extreme Makeover
Emptiness
Dream or not?
Antibiotics and Probiotics
Pride comes first!
This has to stop now!
Books hold memories of the past
The White Town of death
Words of regret!
Mission Cookie!
The mysterious boy
Put you in your place!
Romance!
Can I lean on you?
Chained to the past!
The bloodthirsty Mary Pearcey!
Deja vu!
Set fire on my brain!
The abyss in me (Part 1)
The abyss in me (Part 2)
The abyss in me (Part 3)
The abyss in me (Part 4)
Author's Note
The abyss in me (Part 5)

He is alive

137 6 6
By thedarkdoctorgirl15

Hey there my beloved readers! Yes I am still alive and after so many months of silence I am finally back with another one fresh chapter! I want to thank sincerely from the very bottom of my heart all of you who understood my situation and were patient. Though I couldn't take the exams in the end due to some stupid paperwork so I will study again for next year! But don't worry I won't make you wait for months again for the next chapter I promise XD. I hope you like the new update and I can't wait to read your comments!

T.T I missed you all so much!

Now let's continue with the story or else I will start crying again!

LOVE YA ALL!

3 months after the girl's arrival at Flevance Town.

The brunette girl decided to find shelter in the destroyed town as there weren't any other places she could think of going.

Completely alone and abandoned from the whole world, she struggled her own personal fight between sanity and lunacy, creating her inner unbreakable barriers.

Barriers that could only leave a person see through them and reach her shattered heart if by any possibility her brain happened to erase magically all of these tragic events.

She was currently sitting under the shape of a white tree that seemed not to be all burned down to roots by the holocaust that occurred not much time ago, and once the spring was near, some brave enough branches dared to pop their white flowers.

The girl observed the tree with curiosity as it was the last sign of hope for a long time in her life.

Burned but brave to hope for life, imperfect but ventures to be better and more beautiful.

It wasn't born beautiful and perfect. A seed is far from beautiful but still efforts never go to waste.

She always kept that phrase on mind when she fought for perfection.

But what gives the motive to keep trying? Does social and family acceptance do the trick or is it something more personal?

She turned her head and focused on the environment around her.

A butterfly, a bird, a leaf, a cloud, the sun. Nature seems perfect.

But then again she gazed on the destroyed houses, the dust covered streets and the scene of deadly emptiness in front of her.

No this is not perfect. It would be perfect if there were alive kids running on the streets, playing whatever game came in mind, elders drinking their coffee and laughing or going to work, young couples holding their hands and talking about future plans.

But then again why alive people want more than this to name it perfection?

"Huh, TDWL you know I am very confused! People are sure a weird kind.", the girl spoke alone and stood up from her seat.

She had many rough times surviving alone in a dead city but she found courage to continue living through different books and notes she found back at the hospital she visited from her very first day in this place.

The first months passed rather quickly, trying to search of other alive citizens but at the end she understood that she was the only one walking among decomposed corpses.

So she buried every each one of them in an effort to show the required respect on their lost bodies. At least the ones that haven't been burned completely by the fire.

The supplies were getting less every time and she had to search to the woods for something edible to cook by setting fire as the town's electricity was off.

The time she wasn't occupied by the two above activities, she found comfort on that girl's room at the first floor of the white hospital, reading books, notes or even letters from an unknown boy with the initials TDWL.

It was sad and depressing to think that he must have been dead after such a genocide and she couldn't talk and share her opinion with him in real life but only on her imagination. Something that became common on her daily life and started the habit of talking alone knowing fully well that the boy couldn't answer her. However, his beautiful thoughts imprinted with those elegantly messy letters on his textbooks and diaries were enough to keep the fire of will to live inside her soul.

She couldn't give up knowing that a person aware of the existence of Amber lead syndrome in his organism and his limited lifespan, was so willed to live every moment of his days.

He never stopped studying, he never stopped caring about his sister or his parents and the other patients of this hospital and that's what gave her the courage to keep living and hoping for a better outcome in her future life.

The brunette exhausted crossed the pink colored entrance of that girl's room. She had learned afterwards from the boy's references that her name was Lami and was the sister of the TDWL boy.

She took a seat on the bed and held a book which looked like some kind of a personal diary. Someone would say that it is rude to read others' diaries, moreover routing around other people's belongings, but who was there to judge her?

She opened it at a page she marked as the latest one and began reading again.

' After a long day treating patients with father, I finally got some time to pass with Lami. Her condition is getting worse and it seems father's formula didn't work this time again. Though she never lost the smile on her lips and it really motivates me to continue trying to live. Today I met my friends from academy at the central square as sister Marry had gathered everyone to inform them for the goverment's help that was about to arrive these days. I still have my doupts in my gut but if the sister says so I guess she knows something better. She even insisted to go with them but I couldn't accept the offer as Lami can't stand up on her feet yet. Maybe in the next ship we will be luckier. Right?'

"But you were not lucky... I only wish I could have met you...", the girl finished reading the text and layed back on the bed, rising some dust around her with the action.

After so many things she got to know about this boy, she found herself hopelessly falling in love with this nonexisted person who died a long time ago. It sounds weird but she couldn't blame herself as reading this boy's thoughts a few steps before his grave was the only stimulation for a kind of human interaction for the past months or else she would go completely insane.

It was already too difficult to be stuck on a situation she had to live among the dead people of a destroyed city and she would caught herself talking to this boy about her day as if he could hear her like it was something normal.

But then again she heard that dead people have the ability to watch and listen to you even though you can't do the same.

She hugged the notebook like her life depended on this and closed her eyes letting the sweet feeling of relaxation overwhelm her mind and fell asleep.

~...~

"The two of you will search the wards on the left while the others will take the ones on the right of the corridor. Any questions soldiers?"

"NO SIR!"

The brunette woke up at the sound of steps running through the building and voices ecoing around the place.

Was her mind playing tricks on her again or the situation was real?

It didn't need much time for her question to be answered as a government soldier rushed inside the girlish room and pointed his gun at her once he detected her.

"Oi! There is a survivor here!", he yelled and another one man entered the place.

The girl was completely terrified and stood up from the bed taking some steps back until she bumped her back on the window's frame.

"D-Don't move!", the soldier ordered still pointing at her with shaking hands.

"Oi, you know the order! We have to eliminate the contagious disease!"

"B-But she is just a little girl!", the first soldier responded and turned his gaze to the second.

He placed a hand on his shoulder as a sign of understanding and support.

"Situations like this will make you a man and a good soldier. Now follow the order and eliminate the disease!"

"N-no p-please! I'm not even sick!", the brunette talked, trying to keep her legs standing with great difficulty from the shock.

Is this how her life was going to end? Is this how all these people felt when their moment of death had come?

No, that was way too soon! She couldn't just die like that after so much fighting for survival. She turned her gaze backwards and looked down, outside of the window.

How ironic. Some months ago she thought of walking over this invisible line of death and life and put an end on her misery by jumping from this specific window and now this action will probably save her.

The soldier turned his burning eyes and locked them with hers like sending bullets on her soul.

'Bang'

The sound of a gun firing filled the empty hospital corridors and the smell of burned gunpowder made her stomach churn.

"...a-san!"

"...lga-san!"

"Elga-san!"

The girl suddenly jumped from surprise from the desk she must had fell asleep on and looked at the troubled bookshop keeper.

"Ahh, Elga-san I am so sorry for startling you like that but you see it is Sunday and I need to close the library sooner!", he kindly explained.

"No! Don't be sorry I am the one who decided to take a nap here hehe! I will take these for now to check them out! Thank you do much!", she replied sweatdropping awkwardly and showed some books she was holding that had been borrowed by the boy with the initials TDWL.

"Alright! Don't forget to sign your name at the last page of each book and return them by the end of the week!"

"Thank you so much! Have a nice day!", she wished at him and stepped outside feeling the cold breeze against her face.

Maybe it was the wind that dried her eyes but maybe it was because an inner wish of hers came true.

Tears slipped from her eyes and she looked at the bright sun smiling like she hadn't smile before.

He is alive!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.7K 320 11
You are a girl that has been stranded in the seas for awhile. After awhile of being on a pirate ship you had gained their trust. Once you did you dec...
72.4K 2.3K 11
If dealing with one Law was hard, imagine five AND with different parts of his personality! Let's hope (Y/N)'s fragile heart survives after this very...
4.8K 210 17
(Y/n) was very hard headed, never took 'no' for answer, and always tested her luck. She hated when people ignored her. She's one of the strongest wom...
131K 4.6K 21
🔱 With You 🔱 ~°~°~°~° It's about meeting The One, set in the past. Sounds just like one of those typical love stories, right? Well, it is not ent...