The Time Traveler's Wife. (Bo...

By AdriWrites16

This is book two of The Time Traveler's Wife! This is based on Season two of The Umbrella Academy. Five Hargr... More

Welcome!
Meet the siblings (book/season 2)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Just to make sure we are all on the same page.
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
My imagine book!
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
I made another Five book!
Season 3 photos
Book 3!

Chapter 22

6.4K 152 287
By AdriWrites16

This chapter was so hard to write because of the Adult Five and Y/n thing. So, when I just say Five I mean younger Five, and obviously when it says Adult Five I mean Adult Five. When Y/n is talking about Adult Y/n it will say "Adult me" and when she is talking about herself (younger self) she will say I or me. Makes sense?

Y/n POV:

Five, Luther, and I all walk into the bar where mine and Five's Adult selves are. The familiar sound of Irish music and people chatting fills my ears. Memories of this day come back to me. I remember how nervous and excited I was to see my family again. Five looks around the bar and then pulls me behind a wall.

"Well, there I am," Five says.

Luther walks behind me and we all look at an older man sitting at a bar. More specifically, adult Five. He was in a suit and was writing down equations in his notebook.

"Where are you," Luther asks me.

"In the bathroom puking. Had a bit too much to drink. I was really stressed out," I say.

Luther nods and looks at the briefcase right below Five's feet.

"Why don't we just grab the briefcase and run," He asks.

"Luther, I would never let that happen. We're trained to guard these briefcases with our lives," Five says.

"Right..."

"Plus, it's the inherent paradox where this gets tricky," I say.

"We're endangering our existence just being in the room with ourselves," Five says.

"Huh... What do you mean," Luther asks.

"Luther, try to keep up," I say.

"If old us doesn't travel back to 2019 like they're supposed to, the whole thing unravels itself. We cease to exist. You got me," Five asks as he points to himself.

"I get you."

"So our best chance is to talk with him, to reason with him. And with Y/n when she gets out of the bathroom. They'll understand. Trust me. We know ourselves better than, uh... better than we know ourselves."

I suddenly get an itch on the back of my neck. I scratch my neck but Five moves my hand away so Luther doesn't see me. But it was too late, he saw me.

"You just itched your neck. That's stage two of paradox psychosis," Luther says as he points at me.

"No, I didn't. I didn't itch my neck," I say.

"Denial is stage one."

"I am fine, okay," I yell.

"She is fine," Five yells.

"Let's stay on task, shall we," I suggest.

I look out from behind the wall.

"There I am," I say.

We all watch as Adult me sits in the chair next to Adult Five. I was wearing a black skirt with a blue undershirt and a black blazer. I also had on black heels and my hair was in a bun. I could tell Adult me's hair was a bit shorter than how it mine is right now. Adult Five rubs my back and asks if I'm okay as I sit down. I give him a nod and we both look at the equations.

"Well, let's get this over with," Five says.

We begin to walk to our Adult selves when Luther stops us.

"Wait!"

"What," I ask.

"Maybe I should go first," Luther says.

"Why?"

"Well, you'll freak them out. Bumping into your own tiny doppelganger? They will lose their shit. Just let me break the ice."

Five and I look at each other. I nod my head and Five rubs his hands together.

"Okay," Five says.

Luther nods and walks over to Adult Five and Adult me. Five and I hide behind the wall and watch Luther.

"Five, Eight," Luther says.

"What'd you call us, big man," Adult me asks.

"Right, sorry... Y/n," Luther corrects.

Adult Five and Adult me just look at each other confused.

"It's me. Number One."

Adult Five drops his pen and I widen my eyes.

"Luther," Adult me whispers.

"How did you...," Adult Five begins to ask.

Adult me reaches down and picks up the briefcase.

"It's okay. Everything is fine. I can explain. But first, I need to introduce you to two people. Just... promise me you won't freak out," Luther says.

"What the hell are you talking about," Adult Five asks.

"Uh! Don't freak out. No freak-outs."

Adult me slowly lowers the briefcase back on the ground.

"All right," Luther says.

I look at Five and take his hand. He takes a deep breath and we walk out from behind the wall. Adult Five and Adult me gasp in shock when they see us.

"Hey there, strangers," Five says.

"You gotta be fucking kidding me," Adult me says.

"Nice to see you too," I say.

Adult Five just stares at us in shock. Adult me sighs and gets up.

"I need another drink."

"I don't recommend that. We were just in the bathroom throwing," I say.

"Yeah well, I'm not taking orders from you."

Adult me walks away leaving just me, Luther, Five, and Adult Five standing there.

"How about we get a table," Luther suggests.

"Fine," Five says.

We all walk over to a table and sit down. A couple of minutes later Adult me comes back with a drink in her hand. She sits in between Adult Five and Luther. We all just sit in silence as we stare at each other. I can feel my forehead starting to sweat. I look at Five and notice he was also sweating. A waitress comes over to our table and looks at us.

"What can I get you all to drink," she asks me, Luther and Five.

When we didn't answer Luther speaks up for us.

"Uh we'll just all have cokes. Thanks."

The waitress nods and walks away. A couple of moments later she comes back with our drinks. Luther tells the waitress thanks and she walks away. Me, Five, Adult Five, and Adult me all just continue to stare at each other. Adult me hasn't even said anything yet but she is getting on my nerves.

"Well... this is nice, isn't it? The five of us, together like this," Luther says.

"No," we all say at the same time.

I could tell we were all pissing each other off.

"You two had fun last night," Adult me says.

"What do you mean," I ask with a glare.

"I read your mind."

"No surprise there. You always had a high sex drive," Adult Five says.

"You're one to talk. You always had one too," I say.

"You two-," Luther begins to say.

He looks back and forth at Five and me. Five slowly nods his head as Luther stutters in shock.

"Come on, spit it out big boy," I say

"Is that why you played really loud music last night," Luther asks.

I put my head in my hands and Adult me chuckles.

"Nice to see you're still an idiot Luther."

"Can somebody explain to me how it is we are having a pint of Guinness with our younger selves," Adult Five asks.

"Older, actually. I'm you, just 14 days older," Five says.

"And I'm you, just 10 months older," I tell my Adult self.

"I have pubic hair smarter than you two," Adult Five says.

"My tits are bigger than your brains," Adult me tells us.

Luther just clears his throat and takes a sip of his drink.

"God your face is so punchable right now," I say.

"Could say the same about yours."

"How's this possible," Adult Five asks.

"I can explain. You see, one hour from now, on the grassy knoll, before the president is killed, you two break your contract with the Commission," Five explains.

"We already know you're thinking about it. All those years in the apocalypse, we never stopped worrying about our family," I add in.

"Well, today, you are going to do something about it. Today, you are going to attempt to time travel forward to 2019. However, you two are going to screw up the jump and end up in these twips of a body."

"Actually, YOU mess up the jump," I say as I point to Adult Five, "I told you the equations looked off."

"Why can't you just ever listen to me for once," Adult me asks Adult Five.

"Whatever. Anyways, as I said, you end up in these bodies, trapped forever, small, pubescent," Five says.

"And you get stuck with smaller tits," Adult me tells me.

I just roll my eyes and scoff.

"Okay," Adult Five says in frustration.

He then farts. I let out a face in disgust and scoot closer to Five.

"Even if we were to believe you, what are we supposed to do about it, not jump?"

"No, no. We need you to jump. If you don't jump, we cease to exist," I explain as I point to me and Five

"What we need from you is to jump correctly," Five says.

Adult me and Adult Five both look at each other.

"We're listening..."

"The first time through, I got the calculation wrong. That's how we ended up in these bodies. But Y/n over here knows the correct calculation," Five says as he points his thumb at me.

"What is it," Adult Five asks.

"I'll be glad to tell you... in exchange for that briefcase you're holding under the table," I say.

"Yeah, yeah, so you two go back to 2019, as planned, but this time with the right math, so you remain a full-grown man and full-grown woman. In exchange, we get that briefcase that you no longer need," Luther says.

"Timeline restored, paradox resolved. Everyone goes on existing happily ever after."

"That's quite a bit to take in," Adult Five says.

"What do you think," Five asks.

"I think... I need to piss," Adult Five says.

"Me too," Adult me says.

They both get up and head towards the bathrooms. Five, Luther and I all just sit in silence

"Oh. Well, besides the flop sweat, I think that went pretty well, am I right," Luther asks.

Luther picks up and napkin and hands it to me. He takes another one and begins to wipe Five's face. I shake my head no as Five moves Luther's hand away from him.

"No, no, there's something... something doesn't feel right about this," Five says.

"What... What do you mean?"

"I don't trust them."

"Me either. Something about them is suspicious," I say.

"But... they're you," Luther says.

"Exactly," Five and I say at the same time.

"Look, why don't I go talk to him and you all talk to Adult Y/n when she gets back," Luther suggests.

"Okay," I say.

Luther gets up and walks to the men's bathroom.

"Somethings not right," I say.

"I know. They are planning something," Five says as he wipes some sweat off of my face.

"But what," I ask.

"I think, not 100 percent sure, but I think they want to kill us."

"How do you know?"

"Because that's exactly what we would do. I need you to read their minds when they come back from the bathroom."

I nod my head and we watch as Adult me comes back from the bathroom. She sits down and stares at me.

"I hate you," she says in between her teeth.

"I hate you more."

Five takes a sip of his drink and I wipe some sweat off of his cheek. I look over and see Adult Five and Luther walking over to us.

"We good," Five asks as we stand up.

"We're good," Luther says.

Luther was really nervous, I could tell. I bet they got him in on their little plan. Adult Five looks at Adult me and she nods her head.

"You got a deal," Adult me says.

"We gotta hurry. Kennedy's en route. Less than an hour until showtime," Adult Five says.

"Why are you so anxious to get going all of a sudden," Five asks.

"Relax. You're getting paranoid."

Five scoffs and chuckles.

"Oh, am I?"

Suddenly, both Five's fart. I cover my nose in disgust.

"Ugh, get your husband under control," I tell adult me.

"Get yours under control. He's the one getting paranoid. And not to mention his stupid plan. I bet it's not even going to work."

"Do not talk about him like that," I say as I lung towards Adult me.

She lunges back at me but Luther holds us back.

"Will you two knock it out," he asks.

We both just stare at each other. I roll my eyes and Five grabs my hand, pulling me towards him.

"Okay, let's roll," Luther says.

Luther, Adult me, and Adult Five all leave the bar. Five and I look at each other and sigh. We follow them outside, trying to keep a distance so the paradox psychosis doesn't get any worse. I really hope this works.

So sorry it took me song long to get this chapter out, it was kinda hard to write with the whole Adult thing lol. I am still editing book 1 so I will let you all know when I am done with that. I will make a chapter of all the added-in parts so you all don't have to go back and look.

Fun Fact: Klaus and Y/n once bought illegal fireworks and set them off in the courtyard while Reginald was out of town on a business trip.

Here is ADULT Y/n's outfit:

YOUNGER Y/n's outfit is the same as last chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

117K 1.8K 35
(Number Five x Female OC) Highest Rankings: #1 #numbereight #1 #numberfive #1 #benhargreeves #1 #aidangallagher #1 #allisonhargreeves After one of...
596K 10.7K 30
"Cute husband you have. Always cares about his family," The Handler says as she puts on her sunglasses. "Why don't you try and get a husband of your...
38.4K 512 21
This story is about family and about stick together, no matter what. And that real love never really disappear and is worth fighting for. True love n...
157K 3.9K 39
This is book three of The Time Traveler's Wife! This is based on Season three of The Umbrella Academy. Five Hargreeves and Y/n Hargreeves (aka Eight)...