Classroom of the Elite: Uncon...

By Shiorimondesu

In this timeline, Ayanokouji Kiyotaka the masterpiece of the white room has escaped from the white room with... More

Prologue : Part 1
Prologue : Part 2
Prologue : Part 3 (Final)
Vol.1. Chapter 1.1 : A King's Arrival
Vol.1. Chapter 1.2 : A King's Revelation
Vol.1. Chapter 1.3 : Human Relationships
SS.1. An Interesting Kouhai
SS.2. Twin Masterpiece
Vol.1. Chapter 2.1 : A Troublesome Way to Start the Day, Part 1
Vol.1. Chapter 2.2 : A Troublesome Way to Start the Day, Part 2
Vol.1. Chapter 2.3 : Class 1-D
Vol.1. Chapter 3.1 : Lunch Troubles
Vol.1. Chapter 3.2 : Horikita Suzune
Vol.1. Chapter 3.3 : The Not so Lonely Four
Vol.1. Chapter 4.1 : A Very Strange Morning
Vol.1. Chapter 4.2 : A Predator Lurking in Plain Sight
Vol.1. Chapter 4.3 : Her True Colors
Vol.1. Chapter 5.1 : The Aces of Class 1-D
Vol.1. Chapter 6.2 : Karuizawa Kei
Vol.1. Chapter 7.1 : Testing Our Limits
Vol.1. Chapter 7.2 : A Game of Dodgeball
Vol.1. Chapter 8.1 : Prelude to an Arduous Journey
Vol.1. Chapter 9.1 : Welcome to the Classroom of the Elite
OAA STATS
SS.3. The Misfit of Class 1-D
Volume 2 - 4 Teaser
Vol.1. Chapter 10.1 : The Student Council
Vol.1. Chapter 11.1 : Study Groups
Vol.1. Chapter 12.1 : The Beginnings of Friendship
Vol.1. Chapter 13.1 : An Unusual Arrangement
Vol.1. Chapter 13.2 : A Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
Vol.1. Chapter 14.1 : Midterm Exams (Final)
Vol.2. Chapter 1.1: The Genesis of a Strenuous Warfare
Vol.2. Chapter 1.2 : Start of the Third Month
Vol.2. Chapter 1.3 : Forming an Alliance
Vol.2. Chapter 2.1 : A Somewhat Weird Encounter
Vol.2. Chapter 2.2 : The Investigation Begins!
Vol.2. Chapter 3.1 : Inceptions of a Maneuver
Announcement (Not Discontinued so don't worry)
Rewrite Notice!

Vol.1. Chapter 6.1 : The Queen and Her King

8.6K 270 320
By Shiorimondesu

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka's POV

Today is Monday, April 6th, 2015. This is the sixth day of my stay at Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing High School.

Currently, Chabashira-Sensei was providing us with an explanation about the has of the Yamato government also known as o-Kimi. I did my hardest to appear as if I was paying attention while also attempting to avoid boredom.

In my head, I was currently conducting a chess battle with myself. If you are skilled enough at chess, you will not require a chessboard to play the game. Because white had triumphed, as prophesied by me, I had technically won the battle... And lost at the same time? I'm not sure, it's a little perplexing.

I jumped out of my reverie to check the time to see how many more dreadful minutes I would have to put up with before the session was over.

Three minutes more, huh...

I opted to monitor the rest of the class' conduct during this session since I had nothing else better to do. There were pupils like Hirata, Eichiiro, Horikita, and Kushida who were completely focused on Chabashira-Sensei's lecture. They were either listening intently or taking notes.

Sudo, on the other hand, appeared to be struggling for his life in order to avoid dozing off in class. Hang in there buddy; I understand how you're feeling. Though I'm probably bored for a more different reason than you.

Most of my other classmates were likewise well-behaved, which was admirable; nevertheless, I began to notice that some of them had become more relaxed and informal since the first three days of school.

Yamauchi is a good example. On the surface, he appears to be taking notes, but he's actually reading a manga page and attempting to cover his tablet by putting a notebook over it.

Satou and Shinohara were also examples. They had their phones tucked away under their tables. I'm guessing they were bored and decided to text each other throughout class. They reasoned that if they hid their devices under their tables and looked down from time to time, they wouldn't be discovered.

I could do nothing but sigh in disappointment. Did they forget that there are cameras installed in the classroom? Well, I guess they're in Class D for a reason.  If you're going to do something else in class, at least make an effort to conceal it thoroughly.

This is something I'll have to address with them later on. If I continue to let them do as they please, their laid-back attitude will undoubtedly affect the others, which is plainly undesirable if we want to keep as many class points as possible.

'Ring!'

The school bell rang repeatedly in my ears, signifying the end of our classes and the beginning of lunchtime. Finally, time seems to move at such a glacial pace when you're bored.

"That will be all for today's class. Please completely evaluate the information I've taught you today." Chabashira-Sensei said up before exiting the classroom quickly.

After Chabashira-Sensei left the classroom, the majority of my classmates had begun to congregate with their friends, with a select few enjoying their lunches alone. If I had wanted to live a tranquil life here instead of pursuing Class A, I would have probably become one of those people. That component was definitely influenced by the social skills I've built over the past year.

Normally, I would use lunchtime as an opportunity to get to know my classmates better either by getting invited by a new group of classmates or by sticking to familiar acquaintances such as the Ayanon group, Hirata, and his harem of girls, or Kushida's friend group.

But I had no intention of eating lunch with any of them right now. I believed today would be the ideal time for me to approach Class A and do my own investigation for further information. Hirata and Kushida have already been notified, so their circle of friends won't bother me for today.

Just as I was going to get up and go to Class A, someone had unexpectedly shouted out to me.

"Yo, Ayanokouji!" When I turned around to check who had called my name, I was met with Sudou's presence with Ike and Yamauchi behind him.

"May I help you Sudou?" I asked.

"Do you wanna like to join us for lunch? I mean, we've barely talked, and I kinda wanna get to know you better. Also, if you want to join us, we'll be eating somewhere close to the convenience store." He responded with an invitation.

I'm guessing he meant me, him, Ike, and Yamauchi when he referred to "us,". If it were any other day, I would most likely accept his invitation. Unfortunately, today was not one of those days.

"I'm sorry Sudou, but I'll have to decline for today. I already have plans to eat with someone else today." I politely rejected his offer. "If you'd like, we can eat lunch at another time."

"Damn, It's a shame you can't join us right now but sure! Let's go eat some other time. " Sudou said enthusiastically. He then left my table and proceeded to the convenience store with Ike and Yamauchi.

"I'm surprised you turned down Sudou's offer." My next-door neighbor abruptly spoke out.

" I told you on Saturday, didn't I? I'm going to meet someone from Class A in the hopes of learning more about their class."

"That's something I'm already aware of; it's just... Are you sure you'll be fine going into unknown territory by yourself?"

Was she concerned about me or something? I instantly dismissed the thought, assuming she was more concerned with whether or not I would succeed.

"I can't promise you anything, but I'll do my best to steer the conversation in my favor, and hopefully she'll make a blunder and spill some confidential information by accident," I clarified.

"I see... Well, good luck, I guess."

"Thank you. I'll see you later, Horikita." I bid my farewell. But before I could even leave, someone had called me out again before I could even reach the classroom door handle.

"Yo, Ayanon!" Hasebe called out to me with Yukimura and Miyake behind her.

"Do you guys need anything?"

"Well, since the club fair, we haven't really hung out, so we were just wondering if you'd want to join us for lunch?" Hasebe offered.

We haven't been able to communicate much with one other except through online texting. I wanted to spend time with them, but I had more pressing matters to attend to.

"Sorry, but perhaps another time. I've already made plans for lunch with someone else."

"Eh? So you have plans with another person? Ara, don't tell me it's a girl?" She smiled sarcastically while playfully raising her eyebrows.

"Yeah, it's a girl." I bluntly replied.

"EH?!" She was taken aback and yelled loudly with surprise. This drew the attention of the entire class.

"Oi, Hasebe, We're out in the open right now. Don't make a fool of yourself in front of our classmates." Miyake admonished her in a lighthearted manner.

"Why are we even startled in the first place? After all, Ayanokouji is rather popular among our peers. I wouldn't really be surprised if he already had a girlfriend at this point." Yukimura made a remark.

"EH?! You already have a girlfriend Ayanon?!" She asked, flabbergasted.

When everyone heard this, some of the girls were completely focused on our chat, while some of the boys were openly glaring at me with killing intent. Crap, if I don't clear things out, there might be some misunderstandings about me. I really don't want any more unnecessary attention than I've already had to deal with the past week.

"Hasebe, please calm down. Don't make snap judgments based on a lack of evidence." I attempted to mediate the situation. "I'm just going to talk with an old childhood friend of mine. I haven't seen her in a long time and would like to catch up with her on several matters."

It wouldn't be a stretch to call Arisu a childhood acquaintance. She is the only one in this school who knows everything there is to know about me. She has also visited the white room in person and is quite familiar with it.

"I suppose I should be going now. I don't want to keep her waiting any longer than necessary." I swiftly exited the classroom after saying my goodbyes.

I could hear some gossip and murmuring from the girls as I walked out of the classroom. They were primarily discussing me and a mystery childhood pal. Was having a childhood friend really so unusual? I guess I'll have to ask Eichiiro about it later.

I felt like people were staring at me while walking to Class A, but it wasn't as awful as it had been the previous three days, which was a huge sigh of relief.

It took a few minutes, but I finally made it to the class with the nameplate "Class 1-A" inscribed on it.

I had to figure out a strategy to approach their class first without appearing suspicious. For instance, should I, for example, storm into the classroom and enthusiastically call out Arisu? No, I'd sooner die than attempt to duplicate myself as a happy-go-lucky person.

Should I ask for her contact information from someone from Class-1A  and message her privately so I don't have to draw attention to myself in class? I quickly disregarded the notion, fearing that the person I would ask for her contact information would misinterpret my motives and spread tales about me and her. I didn't want to be a bother to the both of us.

Because this setting was so different from anything I'd ever encountered before, someone like me needed to devise a plan. I was cut off from most of the outside world ever since I was a child. It was do or die for me as I stepped alone into a battleground.

Ugh, why does socializing with other people have to be so bothersome. Even if I've spent the last year honing my social abilities to the point that I'm acceptable to others, I'm not a social elite like Hirata or Eichiiro.

I attribute my lack of social skills to the White Room as I was unable to acquire them because all of my generation's children had dropped out by the time I was nine or ten years old. As a result, I was cut off from all human contact with all of the people around my age. Until a year ago, I was completely and utterly alone and secluded.

"Ayanokouji? What are you doing just standing around over there?" While I was wrestling with my non-existent anxiety, someone had had again called out to me for the third time of the day.   I broke out from my trance to see who had called out to me, I was greeted by Hashimoto.

"Oh, Hashimoto. I just need to talk to someone in your class." I answered truthfully. 

"Is that true? If that's the case, why don't you simply walk right in? You've been there a long time." Hashimoto added something to the conversation.

Trust me, Hashimoto, Instead of fretting about something as little as this, if I had the bravery to walk in there myself, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

"I would if I could, but I'm not the most outgoing or extroverted person out there. As a result, I'm a little apprehensive about stepping into someone else's class."

"You don't need to be so concerned over something as minor as that! In fact, you're actually a really hot topic in our class. I'm sure everyone would welcome your presence there." Hashimoto attempted to persuade me.

Well, that's easy for you to say. Have you ever been reared in a secluded facility, cut off from human contact for most of your life?

Yeah, I didn't think so.

"But if you're really that hesitant... Then I guess I can help you and contact that person on your behalf." Hashimoto offered his assistance.

"Really? Thanks, man. I really appreciate the kind gesture." I expressed my gratitude.

"Don't sweat it. It's the least I can do to make amends for posting that photo of you without your consent on the school forum. Anyways, I just need the name of the person you're looking for from my class."

"Oh, yeah. Her name is Sakayanagi Arisu." I responded. He widened his eyes in surprise after hearing her name while looking at me with a baffled expression.

"...Sorry, I think I must have misheard you. Can you say her name again?"

"Uh... Sure? Her name is Sakayanagi Arisu." I repeated.

"You're not here to ask her on a date or something like that, are you? She's not exactly the warmest or friendliest person you'll ever meet. Plus, she's a little frightening in my opinion."

I could be overanalyzing it, but do I detect fear in his tone? Was there something Arisu did to him that caused him to be so hesitant? Knowing her, she most likely did something.

"I already know all of that. I'm her childhood friend after all." I answered casually.

"Wait, are you serious?!" Hashimoto inquired his face contorted with surprise. "Your not making some kind of joke are you?"

"Why would I make a joke about something so serious? You can ask her yourself if you don't believe me. I just want to have lunch with her because it's been a long time since I've seen her. I simply just want to do some catching up with her." I explained.

"If you two are already acquainted, as you claim, I don't see why I shouldn't summon her here. But, just in case, I'll ask her if you and she are really childhood friends. It's not that I don't trust you; it's just that the princess can be rather terrifying at times, and if you were caught lying about knowing her, she'd most likely find a method to punish you or something equally threatening."

Is he always this cautious when it comes to Arisu? Was she truly that ominous to other people? When we initially met, she didn't appear to be that type of person. Then again, everyone always behaves differently depending on the environment they're in or the person they're talking to.

However, it's possible that there's a part of her that she only shows when she's with me. If I were any other typical adolescent boy, I'd be ecstatic to learn that a beautiful girl like her treated me more specially than she did with others, but I didn't feel particularly happy. Not in the least.

"It's fine, I get it. I'm sure there's a reason you act so wary when it comes to her." He meekly nodded as a response. He then turned around and headed back to his classroom.

I could see several groups of Class A students eating lunch from the classroom window, most of whom were grouped around two students. Arisu was one, and the other was the tall, bald man who had attracted my curiosity during the entrance ceremony.

The bald man was surrounded by a large group of individuals, but his most notable companion was a young man with matching green hair and eyes. So he was the one who went around picking his nose in public with no shame... Please remind me to not get involved with him at all costs.

Arisu's group of folks caught my attention on the other side of the classroom. They were primarily focused on Arisu's current conversation with them. I tried to read her lips, but it was impossible to do so because it was so difficult to discern what she was saying.

I could also see Hashimoto approaching her desk stealthily as if he were a predator keeping a close eye on his victim. He muttered something into her ears as soon as he arrived at her desk, which I assume was about my invitation. She responded with a little chuckle and also whispered something into his ears.

He briskly walked away from the group and out of the classroom as they had finished their short and brief talk. Her classmates, understandably, were perplexed and curious by the topic they might have had just discussed. Arisu appeared to be reassuring them when she noticed this.

There was also a female with purple eyes and thigh-length purple hair tied in a long ponytail on the right side with swept bangs in the herd of people around Arisu. Her name was Kamuro if my memory serves me correctly. I had unexpected ran into both of them at the end of my trip to the convenience store.

She was quite stunning, I must say. Though she generally had an annoyed expression on her face rather than a pleasant or cheery one, it undoubtedly diminished her appeal to some other boys but I honestly didn't mind it. She appeared to be visibly uneasy being around Arisu, giving me the idea that they weren't the best of friends. Arisu may have even compelled her to accompany her despite her obvious aversion.

I may be observing too much, but this was a fascinating sight to witness. For example, I tallied the number of students in the classroom and discovered that every single one of them was present there.

Typically, some students would congregate around the school cafeteria for lunch. It was one of the few sites with enough space to accommodate the majority of the pupils.

Others, on the other hand, preferred to eat lunch somewhere else. Other students would rather buy their lunch at a convenience store and eat them at some other place like at the rooftop or in a quiet area like the school's corners where they could hear the ocean, or in their respective classrooms. Others who didn't have to worry about the points went to one of the several buildings on campus where they could eat lunch.

This raises multiple questions inside my head Like Why were all of the students in Class A present in their classroom when the other classes would normally be eating lunch somewhere else or, better yet, why were they only collected around two people? It seemed as if the class had been divided into two.

Of course, I could be overthinking things, but I cannot afford to miss even one small element if I want to learn more about Class A. Even a minor detail could assist me in determining what kind of structure and leadership Class A operates under.

My thoughts were interrupted as I noticed someone waving their palm in front of my eyes. I turned my head to see, and it was Hashimoto.

"Are you all right, dude? I've been calling your name over and over, but you just stood there calmly and unresponsive like a statue."

It seems I had become so engrossed in my thoughts that I had lost track of my surroundings. I definitely need to break this horrible habit of mine so that I don't end up disgracing myself in front of others.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm sorry if I've caused you any concern." I apologized. "When I have nothing to do, I have a propensity of daydreaming in public which usually makes me oblivious to the surroundings around me."

"Don't worry about it. You didn't bother me in the least. Anyway, it appears to be exactly as you claim. You and the princess really are childhood friends..."

Princess? Is that the sobriquet she's been given by others? Or is that just he who calls her that? Well, I suppose the moniker is understandable given that she exudes an air of superiority and grandeur around her. Her attractive appearance is also likely to contribute to people's perceptions of her.

"How did she respond to my invitation?" I enquired. Even if she declined, I had already gotten some knowledge of her class, even if it was only a smidgeon.

"She said she would love to have lunch with you. She stated that you should wait for her at the special annex building because she has some business to attend to. She told me to inform you that she'd be there in around five to six minutes." He let me know.

The special annex building, eh? I haven't gotten the opportunity to visit the building yet, but it certainly was a weird spot to pick just to have lunch in. Perhaps she also has a hidden agenda in accepting my invitation. Well, I guess I can't complain because I was the same.

I merely responded with a nod and made my way to the special annex building to await her.

———————————————————

It's only been a few moments since I arrived at the special annex building. I began to feel the heat emanating from the structure, which made me very uncomfortable.

I saw that there were no cameras mounted in the special annex building while I was inspecting the insides of the structure. It's quite odd considering all of the other classrooms and facilities had hidden CCTV cameras, but this one didn't. I'll have to look into this further at a later time.

When I heard tapping abbreviating throughout the hall, I was soon jolted out of my stupor. It was either Arisu had finally arrived or someone else was currently in the building. To find out who it was, I turned 180 degrees around my body.

I was greeted by Arisu, who was surprisingly flanked by Kamuro. Was she hoping for a group to join our lunch or something? That most likely isn't the case. She must have sought for Kamuro's help because she needed aid walking over to the building considering her condition.

She only gave me a frigid smile once our eyes connected, whereas Kamuro clearly looked like she didn't even want to be here.

"Can I go back now?" Kamuro asked with a tinge of displeasure in her tone.

"Of course. Excellent work Masumi-San. I'll be relying on you again in the future." Kamuro quietly nodded and left the premises leaving me and Arisu alone in the building.

"You wished to see me, Kiyotaka-Kun?" As a reaction, I did nothing but nod. "Did I keep you waiting for too long?"

"You were only a little late by..." To check the time, I retrieved my phone from one of my pockets. "Two minutes. However, it isn't really a major issue."

"You know Kiyotaka-Kun, It's considered impolite to respond so bluntly. You should've said something along the lines of, 'Oh, no, I didn't.' 'Actually, I just arrived.' ."

"But I'm just stating the truth, am I not?"

"Well, you're not entirely wrong. But, even if it is falsehood, it's just common sense to respond in that manner."

"You of all people should know that I am completely unaware of what other people regard to be common sense."

"Fufu... I suppose that's true." She remarked while slightly grinning to herself. "Ah, where have all my manners gone? Please accept my apologies if I kept you waiting, Kiyotaka-Kun."

"It's all right. You didn't keep me waiting long." I responded. "Anyway, since we're going to have lunch, do you want to go for a walk right now? It's starting to get a little sweltering in here." As I approached her, I inquired.

"I chose this building so that no one would interrupt our meeting, but if you have a different location in mind, that's fine with me." She answered.

(I'm running out of words to say like "I replied" or "she responded" okay? Don't judge me.)

I waited for Arisu to join me before the start of the stroll. I had planned to take us to a somewhat remote location with very few people. It was near the fences of the campus, where you could watch the ocean waves crashing onto the coast while being shaded from the sun by the trees located near the benches. I must say, it was a very relaxing location to eat in.

"I apologize for being such a sluggish walker." She expressed regret.

"There's really no need for you to apologize."

Her walking speed was obviously poor, but it was due to the handicap she was born with, thus it wasn't her fault. I also prefer taking slow hikes, so it didn't bother me in the least.

We walked for a few minutes in quiet before arriving at our destination. The place was a garden with a view of the campus's waterways. No one was around, thus the place was completely deserted. It had a pleasing and aesthetic vibe about it.

After that, we each took a seat on the garden bench. She was, nevertheless, rather close to me. Is she seeking to elicit a response from me in some way? I gave her a quick glance but was met with her typical smug smile, so I decided to leave her alone.

I then unwrapped my bento on the right bench handle. I took my chicken katsu set out of the bento box. Since last night, I had prepared and packed my lunch. I decided to cook this because I wanted a sense of nostalgia since this was one of the first dishes that Matsuo had taught me.

Matsuo deserves a lot of credit for my culinary abilities. We did learn to cook in the white room, but it was largely simple and healthful fare. He is solely responsible for everything I know about other cuisines.

"Oh? Did you make that bento yourself, Kiyotaka-Kun?" Arisu questioned, her eyes wide with curiosity.

"I did. Instead of ordering meal trays from the school cafeteria or purchasing low-cost food at the convenience shop, I choose to prepare my own lunch. Daily practice also aids me in improving my culinary skills."

"Did you ever learn to cook at 'that place?'"

It was a thoughtful gesture that she was cautious about revealing the White Room's identity. Even if it appeared that no one was present, there is a possibility that someone is eavesdropping in on our talk right now. If someone were to inquire what the White Room was, I wouldn't want to go through the trouble of fabricating a fiction.

"I did, but I was only trained to prepare healthful, boring, and simple meals. Only because I had a mentor outside of the white room who taught me everything I needed to know about cooking can I cook different cuisines."

"Oh? If I may inquire, who is that mentor of yours?"

"It was mostly Matsuo who had taught me how to cook. It was his father, not the person from my class. I owe him a great deal, from teaching me how to cook to risking his and his family's lives to assist me in escaping that place and that man's clutches."

Logically, I still couldn't understand why he would sacrifice so much merely to give me the chance to live a free and happy life. And, knowing that man, a bounty on his head I very certainly already on his head. However, I suppose some people prefer to think emotionally rather than intellectually.

Don't get me wrong: I appreciate everything he's done for me, but he should've considered this through before interfering in that man's business. Even if the government didn't get involved, I have a hunch he'd still try to help me get away from the White Room and help me enroll in this school. Matsuo, as he was known, was a guy of great kindness. Something he and his son have in common.

I can only pray that that man would never find him, for if he does, Matsuo's life will almost certainly be cut short. My father was a ruthless individual. He wouldn't think twice about annihilating everyone who got in his way or dared to oppose him.

"Well if you do meet him again, please give him my utmost gratitude since, without him, I would not have been able to meet the masterpiece in person." She instructed me to pass on the message.

As we individually opened our lunch boxes to eat, we put the conversation on a hold.

"Itadakimasu." We uttered the same words at the same time. For a few minutes, we ate quietly while taking in the scenery. As the wind blew hard in our direction, the sun shone brightly on us.

These were the kinds of moments I didn't get to experience during my time in the white room. Before attending this school, I had only visited the outside world once. It was when that man had ordered me to accompany him on a business trip to New York.

He intended to show me off to potential White Room Investors there in the hopes of securing the support and funds needed to develop the project even further. Apparently, It was also when Koenji had first learned of my existence, via chance.

Even if I was only used as a product for them, seeing the sights and architecture of New York was a memorable experience. Was it a relief to be able to finally return to the outside world? Not necessarily. It wasn't that it was dull or fascinating; I simply just felt a sense of emptiness and apathy.

Was it a new experience for me? Sure. But I wasn't completely enthralled by anything particularly. I'd seen photographs of New York in the textbooks we were given as part of our education. I do sincerely hope that one day I will be able to be captivated by the wonders that the outer world had to offer. One of the reasons why I chose to attend this school was to pursue this personal goal of mine.

"What's the matter Kiyotaka-Kun? You seem to be deeply absorbed in your thoughts?" Arisu inquired with concern.

"It's nothing. I just recalled something a little bit traumatic.

"She didn't try to push any further after hearing my statement, respecting my wishes of not wanting to discuss about it while looking at me with a sad and melancholic smile on her face.

Before things grow awkward, I should try to think of a discussion topic we could discuss. Should I just go straight to her and ask about her class? Or should I come up with a silly issue to discuss first?

Well, the second alternative sounds preferable. As I was ready to open my mouth, she abruptly cut me off before I could even say anything.

"Kiyotaka Kun, how has your stay at Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing High School gone?" She initiated the discussion.

"It certainly seems extremely different from the environment I've been accustomed to for the majority of my life, but it's been fairly enjoyable for the first five days that I've been here. I've made several friends during our school year, and I'm wanting to expand my social network and learn more about human interactions." I answered honestly.

"Friends? Are you sure you're not just using them as textbooks to learn the friendship curriculum?"

...That technically wasn't a lie. In this school, I have not yet encountered anyone with whom I have formed an inextricable bond, let alone an emotional one. They're merely those who can assist me in quelling my interest in what friendship really is. That is truly all there is to it.

"Perhaps, but perhaps not. Anyway, how has your time at this school been thus far?" This time I was the one who posed the question.

"It's been a really dull few days. It's only entertaining when I'm tormenting Masumi-San or conversing with you. But, as time passes, I'll be able to enjoy my school days again by competing against you."

"How do you plan on facing me?"

"Kiyotaka-Kun, this school is considerably more than it appears to be. But I'm sure you've already got that figured out."

As a result, she may have some awareness of the school system. It's incredible that she was able to figure it out in a matter of days. I guess she is as brilliant as she professes to be.

"Ah, I see. Then I also eagerly anticipate our possible confrontation in the not-too-distant future." I responded.

'I'm also quite excited, but it's too bad that we'll have to postpone our competition."

"How come?" I wondered.

"Before I can even begin to face you, I'll have to take command of my class. Katsuragi is quite a tenacious and unyielding individual. He argues that he can better lead the class than I could. What a complete moron and a fool he is. To make matters worst, he's got that fanboy who constantly licks his feet to him every damn second." 

I'm guessing Katsuragi was the bald man in her class who had half of her classmates clustered around him during lunch.

"Are you sure you should be sharing confidential information about your class to an outsider like me?"

"I don't see the issue, and weren't you the one who was probing me for information about my class in the first place?"

She seemed to have perfectly figured me out. But then again, I was also shamelessly spying on her classroom in broad daylight, so I guess I'm equally to blame. It's pointless to lie to her at this point.

"I guess you got me. But, even if you were aware of my motivations, why did you still accept my invitation to lunch?" I asked.

"For two reasons actually. First, considering how popular you are among the ladies of our year, it would be an honor for a young maiden like me to be invited by someone like you. For the second reason, let's just say I have a trade proposal for you." She gave an explanation.

Trade proposal? What would she exactly want from me?

"What exactly are you implying when you say 'trade proposal?' Would you like to trade something with me in exchange for private points? Or perhaps a favor?"

"Nothing of that sort. I merely just want to share some facts with you about what's going on in my class." Ah, I can see where she's heading with this. "However, we will have to abide by the law of equivalent exchange. It would be inequitable if I was the only one who informed you about my class."

"So you're suggesting that you'll tell me more about your class if I tell you some information about mine?" She replied with a nod.

I don't see why I shouldn't accept this offer as the leadership every class operates in will eventually come to light. Of course, I wasn't so eager to share important knowledge on the S-System with her.

"I accept your deal then."

"Fufu... That's great then. Now, shall we come back to where we left off?" She says as she puts down her lunchbox.

"Simply put, two students in my class have attempted to assume leadership roles, and the class is evenly divided between two factions. One being led by yours truly while Katsuragi Kohei headed the other. The Katsuragi Faction supports a more conservative leadership, whereas I prefer a more inventive and liberal approach." She began.

"I can give you an overview of Katsuragi's character. Katsuragi is, in many ways, the polar opposite of me. Even though I admit he is intelligent, he is nowhere near my level. Instead, he's garnered support as a dependable leader who is always stern and appears to value maintaining the class's own status over bringing down his adversaries." She continued.

A conflict of ideologies appears to have separated Class A, with the shrewd and wily Arisu and the stoic and dependable Katsuragi leading the opposition. Their class may appear to be flawless at first glance, but there was a significant schism inside it.

"That's all I'm willing to reveal about my class. I think it's time for you to return the favor, Kiyotaka-Kun."

I had to be careful not to let anything vital slide through my fingers.

"For starters, I am the only officially acknowledged leader of Class D, but I intend to change that by enlisting the help of four other people to assist me in leading the class. Horikita Suzune is the first, a sober and intellectual young lady who rarely shows emotion and appears undisturbed by most things. Although I concede she is capable, she has a highly anti-social attitude and a superiority complex despite her inability to back up her assertions of superiority. She likes to keep her distance from her classmates and looks down on those who fall short of her standards. She also lacks the ability to collaborate with others, which keeps her from being her best self."

"So the student council president has a sister who was placed in Class D? How disgraceful. I would feel ashamed to even call someone like her my sister." Horikita was heavily chastised by her.

So she's also familiar with the school's student classification system. Interesting...

"The second student is Kushida Kikyou, a girl who appears to be a sweet, kind, and loving person on the surface, but who hides a dark side of herself from others. Horikita, who attended the same middle school as her, believes her placement in Class D was impacted by something she did in the past."

"So you have a narcissistic ice devil and a two-faced bitch as your supporting casts? My oh my, it seems like you have quite the crowd. I'm very interested to learn who the other two are."

"Hirata Yosuke is the third person. He exudes a warm and mature demeanor around him, with an outgoing and welcoming disposition. I don't know the most about him out of everyone I've listed thus far. I've been watching him for a while, but I'm still stumped as to why he was assigned to Class D. Eichiiro is, of course, the last person. He, like myself, was placed in Class D on purpose, but if I had to point out a weakness, I believe he can sometimes be too naive and friendly. Anyways, that's all I'm willing to relay to you." I elaborated.

That was the conclusion of my explanation to Arisu. She appeared to be pleased with what I'd told her. When I took out my phone to check the time, I was surprised to see that lunchtime was only six minutes away. I guess time really does seem to speed up on occasion.

"If that's all you wanted to talk about with me today, I suppose we should both go back to our respective classrooms now. Kiyotaka-Kun, I'd like to thank you for today. Our small lunch rendezvous was a lot of fun for me, even if it was just for scouting out information." She remarked.

"Yeah, I had fun too."

"We should have another chess match at a later date. I enjoyed our last fight and would like to see who would win in a rematch, don't you think so?" Arisu came up with the question.

"I don't have any objections. I've played chess against a lot of people, but you were the first to genuinely challenge me."

"Is that so? Then to be praised by the same person who introduced me to chess is a huge honor." As a symbol of respect, she removed her hat and bowed gently.

We left the garden and had a leisurely trek back to our respective classrooms. Today, I learned a lot about Class A. I have to admit that I was a little excited to see what obstacles this school's children may throw at me. Perhaps the girl next to me will be the one to deliver me my first loss.

After a couple of minutes of walking, we finally arrived at the halls of our classrooms.

"It's unfortunate that we won't be able to spend much time together due to our busy schedules guiding our classes to the promised land, but once I take over my class, Ayanokouji Kiyotaka, mark my words." She shifted her gaze to me. "I will deliver you your defeat and demolish your father's greatest work." She boldly declared.

"I look forward to seeing you try. I do hope that you'll be able to entertain me by giving me a challenge." I retorted with a taunt. She simply guffawed at my statement.

"Oh, I will. I can promise you that much. Well then, until we meet again... My masterpiece."

We turned around and gave each other one final glare before returning back to our respective classrooms.

She'd issued a challenge to a duel...

And I agreed to take up her task. Sakayanagi Arisu...

Let's see what you're truly capable of.

Vol.1. Chapter 6.1: END.

Word Count: 6807 Words.

Next Chapter: Vol.1. Chapter 6.2: Karuizawa Kei.

———————————————————

Author's Note:

I'd just like to apologize for not uploading this yesterday. I tried to publish this yesterday but I had some stomach problems which prevented me from doing so.

Anyways, this chapter was meant to be hype up to the Sakayanagi vs Ayanokouji rivalry. I was planning to put more intense dialogue in the end, but I discarded that thought since I didn't wabt to make the chapter unnecessary longer than it needs to be.

Also, I'm about to have my final exams, so I'll only be able to upload 1 or 2 chapters next week.

Anyways, that's all I wanted to say until then...

Sayonara! ( ╹▽╹ )👋👋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

417K 12.6K 87
Ayanokouji manages to escape from the white room through the help of his butler and government officials who are currently investigating the existenc...
112K 4.5K 35
Ayanokoji Kiyotaka, the sole survivor of the demonic 4th generation and the Masterpiece of the White room, has passed his final examination. But, du...
27.7K 720 29
Ayanokouji Kiyotaka is a student in class D at the Advanced High School, an institution that evaluates its students through special exams that determ...
77.9K 5.7K 43
"The Masterpiece had escaped." In order to be free of his pursuers, Ayanokouji Kiyotaka had found himself enrolling into the prestigious Advanced Nur...