Xiaolumi S3: Everything To Me

By Otaku_AriaSnow

"Oh Alatus Nemesis, on the wind your feathers of gold, oh so fair, grasp that light in heavens and conquer al... More

Yaksha's Love
Gifts From The Past
A Red Hot Oni Pt I
A Red Hot Oni Pt 2
Ei's Day Off
Yoohoo~! Lumine's A Target!?
The Stormy Island Mystery PT I
The Stormy Island Mystery PT II
Hear My Song Pt I
Hear My Song Pt II
Hear My Song Pt III
You Are Cordially Invited
Old Friends & New Ones
You Are A Mystery, Lumine
Sea Gazer
Combing Rite of Fortune
Beisht
I Will Be Your Only Star
Xiao's Birthday Wish
She Would Have Adored You
A Snake's Wisdom
Soul Bond(LEMON WARNING)
Gorou's Message
Heading For A New Frontier
Enjou
Chariot of the Sun
Enjou's Warning
Ominous Revelations
Forbidden Knowledge
Primordial Goddess of Fate
Lumen De Lumine PT I
Lumen De Lumine PT II
Lumen De Lumine PT III
Safe Here In Your Arms
Saiguu's Sacrifice
Forgive Me, Sister
Something Amiss
Towards The Future
Author Lumine
Sly Old Fox
Warmth
Unexpected Reunion
Flower of Khaenri'ah
Crude Plan
Void and Light
Flowing Like Time
Prof. Aria's Files: Yaksha's Soul Bond Ritual
Thanks & Announcements
Bonus Chapter: Vesperi Nebula

Crane In The Harbor

1.2K 46 19
By Otaku_AriaSnow

[A/N: Xiao and Lumine arrive back in Liyue after spending all winter in Inazuma. They come back to see Liyue in the midst of a festival and utter chaos. They soon have a run in with a rather interesting exorcist that Xiao's actually familiar with!? Archon quest start(jade chamber rebuild).]

..............................................................

The soft rustle of the gingko leaves on the April spring breeze along with bird song eased the world that dawn into the morning light. Soft hues and a gentle warmth cast onto the humble Wanshu Inn. Oddly the inn had been blocked off and closed from accepting traveling adventurers and merchents. All around the outdoor patio and area beautiful decor of gold and red a bright spirit of excitement and cheer. Lanterns with the crest of the Geo archon but also of a rising vermillion bird could be seen.

"Make sure those flowers and streamers are put over there and where are those firecrackers!?"came the firm shouts of Keqing.

"Coming soon Lady Keqing, it should be here by tomorrow!"shouted one of the soldiers.

"One can see you're making much progress."hummed Cloud Retainer as she landed not far away. 

"We've been following the instruction of your's and the the others with Mr.Zhongli's help. It's very much appreciated Cloud Retainer."Keqing greeted.

"All shall go accordingly as long as everything is followed to the finest detail. This one can assure it to be so."Cloud Retainer assured.

"Ganyu and Ningguang got a hold of some tailors so leave the bride's maids and  such to us Qixing.  As agreed we'll let you Cloud Retainer handle Lumine and Xiao."Keqing smiled. It still felt so strange that her friend, now nineteen was marrying an adeptus. But then again...the traveler was never a normal person to start with. "As long as he treats her well I will not pry."she thought going back to getting everything ready. She only had a few more days to do it and it had to be done to perfection for her friend. Lumine had done so much for Liyue, this was the least she could do.

It was just a little bit after noon when Lumine had finished her daily work for the guild. A bit dusty and battered but she had gotten her work done and Xiao had promised to meet her and Ningguang at Yujing Terrace. Whispers and rumors had been what greeted them when the trio arrived in the harbor city. But they seemed to be split between two subjects: Jade Chamber being rebuilt and the Sacred Bonding Festival. Which brought her to her current situation as she with Paimon were listening in on Ningguang's briefing for a contest for the Jade Chamber reconstruction.

"Rebuild the Jade Chamber? That's  HUGE project alright!"gawked one man.

"So those rumors of the rebuilt is true. Not to mention the marriage for the adeptus about to happen...no wonder the prices on merchandise has gone up so much..."hummed another.

Lumine though just listened lost in her own thoughts. It may have been Ningguang that gave the ok to do it back then....but she felt guilty. It was at this time Xiao appeared not far away on the pavillion's wall. His golden tiger-like gaze as always not leaving Lumine's where abouts. That is until he sensed something familiar. His gaze moving to spot a silver haired mortal. "Shenhe?"he thought as the crowd left. Swiftly as soon as Ningguang finished he went over to appear beside Lumine in a wisp of dark mist.

"Eeek!!! Don't scare Paimon! Why must you always do that?"Paimon huffed looking like a cornered hare one second then upset the next.

"Hmph. You scare too easily annoying glutton of a imp."he sighed crossing his arms.

"I take it you just finished?"Lumine hummed with a smile earning one in return with a soft nod.

"Why would she be here?"The girls' gaze turned to where Xiao was looking. There before them by the arche way was two men haressing a stoic silver haired woman with a long loose braid. A Vision of Cryo tied to her hair in a red bow made of rope. Similar red ropes bound much of her body over her tight dark body suit. The woman clearly showed no interest as she was followed after the two men.

"They said they had useful information, Lumine lets follow!"Paimon said eagerly. Once again Xiao and Lumine had deadpanned looks at the fairy but there was a silent agreement: follow after them. And so follow they did, Xiao choosing to keep some distance choosing to observe from the bonsai tree nearby. By now the young woman's body language giving away her annoyance.

"Boss I have a bad feeling about this. Just look at her white hair, the energy she's giving off...I'm telling you there's something different about her."stuttered the burnette, Qiang nervously to his partner in hushed tones. Shenhe all the while crossing her arms, her stoic expression hard to read.

"So what? she's loaded here in mora Qiang! We gotta pay off our debts somehow."hissed Liu.

"I already told you multiple times I don't need your information. I'm here only for two things."sighed Shenhe in a sharp monotone. Her gaze sharp and cold as ice. "If you still can't grasp that then let me smash it into your skulls."

"...Come on now, lady lets not make this difficult."sighed Liu. 

"I will not —"Shenhe growled.

"Lumine go grab the Millith."Xiao instructed quickly. 

"Right!"she called hurrying off to grab the nearest soldier.

"No more excuses! Now hand over the mora lady, we saw all the food you bought and wasted!"hissed Liu pointing his finger in accusation.

"Ugh...Master warned me not to lay a hand on anyone in the harbor but I guess it can't be helped."The girl fast before their eyes activating her vision as she prepared to use her powers. The pattern all too familiar to Lumine as it looked a lot like her friend, Chongyun's exorcism arts. "But here we are, it seems. Yes, perhaps we can call it...fate."

However the girl was not expecting to feel somebody grab her hand and instantly cancel out her attack. Prepared to fight back at first until Xiao's voice reached her ears. "You know the rules Shenhe, we do not harm mortals no matter how foolish and worthless some can be."

"L-Lord Xiao!? You've returned to Liyue for your ceremony."she stated eyes turning wide in surprise just as Lumine and Paimon brought the guard over.

"I have, Shenhe."he confirmed.

"UH oh, boss that's an adeptus..."gulped Qiang.

"Ah crap..."gulped Liu. His expression growing pale at realizing they had just picked the wrong victim.

"These men were trying to intimidate her into buying information."Lumine hissed crossly.

"Oh, not you again!"hissed the guard. He wasted no time putting the duo under arrest. "Leave it to you two to cause trouble during the Sacred Bonding Festival and during the restoration of the Jade Chamber!"

"The Millith!?"yelped Qiang as Xiao let go of Shenhe's hand and glared at the two men. His eyes to Shenhe's surprise briefly flashing jade green with a hiss as he jumped onto the pond's railing not far from Lumine. Slowly the brighter of the two, Qiang connecting the dots and grew even more nervous. Liu's gaze turning to Lumine and Paimon, "Why are they doing here? Is this your doing!?"

"You are a fool and all I hear is greed spilling from your poisoned lips."retorted Xiao.

"You stay out of other people's business, I swear!"snarled the fiend causing Xiao to step in between him and Lumine.

"Take one step closer towards my bride, I dare you."snarled Xiao in a tone that sent shivers down their spines. It felt like they were cornered rabbits staring down a hunting falcon and they were the rabbits. Xiao's pupils narrowed to dangerous slits, alerting them this was no human.

"You heard him, take one step and you will regret it."Paimon agreed crossly.

"B-Boss I don't think you should threaten them..."stuttered Qiang, being the smarter of the two having realized the dog house they were in.

"SILENCE!! I will not have you threatening civilians and disrespecting an adeptus on top of that!"the guard snarled. "You are coming with me!" The girls along with Xiao watched the guard drag the fiends away.

Offering a smile Lumine went over to Shenhe, "i heard Xiao call you Shenhe, is that your name?"

"It is. You must be the Traveler, it pleases me to see you recovered."greeted Shenhe.

"Why were you in the harbor, Shenhe you should be training."Xiao asked curiosly.

"Wait, paimon's confused. How does Xiao know this girl? Wait is she an adeptus!?"Paimon asked.

"Hmph. She is not an adeptus, she is a mortal raised and trained by us adepti. She is an adepti excorist trained by Cloud Retainer."he explained bluntly.

"What!?"gaped Paimon in shock.

"So your the one that that sneaked into the room. I knew I sensed somebody while barely conscious. I-I just...couldn't make out who."Lumine noted.

"That would be because Lord Xiao permitted me to tend to your wounds while you were a guest of my master's. However master said you and Lord Xiao left not long after the Fatui invaded her mountain."Shenhe informed smoothly. Her stoic expression was hard to read but her eyes gained curiosity and warmth. "You helped me just now so allow me to repay that kindness, Lady Lumine."

"L-Lady!?"squeaked Lumine and Paimon.

"You are marrying an adeptus its only right I show you the same respect."Shenhe stated bluntly.

"Just call her Lumine, that will suffice Shenhe."Xiao repremended calmly.

"Alright, then shall we be off?"Shenhe hummed.

"Sure. A friend of Xiao's is a friend of mine."giggled Lumine. So with a smile and an amused look hearing Shenhe's stomach growl they went on their way to get something to eat.

To Be Continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

149K 3.9K 45
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be actually Isekai'd. Not reading a character going to another world but you yourself getting sent to...
25K 832 50
Venti, a highly popular idol in the group 5wirl agrees to a collaboration with rookie soloist Lumine, who is also the younger twin of one of his fell...
9.3K 215 15
"Eyes like rubies, hair red like fire yet looking at you...why is it you struggle to open up to me?" Diluc had been returning home late one night fro...
4.4K 156 33
*'Lumine.. You keep shocking me. Just when I think I know you well, you turn even more mysterious. I wonder if there is an end to your trove of secre...