spotted red{On hold right now...

By alandra_01

Alexiah has been homeschooled her entire life and when her parents decide to send her to public school she me... More

chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five.
chapter six
chapter seven
Chapter eight.
chapter nine
chapter 9 part two
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter therteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen

chapter twelve

46 4 0
By alandra_01

Alexiah's POV

Dylan stayed and helped me read the history homework. My mother stayed in the kitchen the whole time eyeing Dylan. My mother at one point asked if Dylan wanted to take off his jacket.

"It's fine ma'am."

"I insist. It's way too warm for a jacket like that in here."

"Really it's fine." My mother looked like she was going to protest but she didn't after I gave her a look that nearly begged her to stop. I really enjoyed reading with Dylan. His voice was strong and gentle. He had a deep soul like voice and I got lost in listening to him read. But like all good things we had to stop, manly because we finished the history homework. He smiled and closed the book and leaned back in the chair stretching behind him.

"So on to reading The misterious island?" I smiled.

"Actually I have the book on CD. We could listen to it." My mom rested her hand on the back of my chair

"Its almost time for dinner. Are you staying for dinner, Dylan?" Dylan looked at the clock and sighed.

"I really wish I could but I have to head home. My uncles expecting me home." He got up and smiled at me. I followed in suite.

"I'll walk you out." We walked to the front door, then past the deck and then to the driveway where his truck sat.

Dylan's POV

She led me out of the house in silence. She was no more then an inch from me. I wanted to reach out and grab her hand and hold it like we would at school, but something made me say no. She looked beautiful, and I wish I had the words to tell her. Finally we reached my truck. She smiled at me and bit her lip.

"Thanks for staying and helping."

"Don't mention it. I had nothing else to do on my day off anyway." I thoughed for a moment and remembered I had to help my uncle when I got home. That would be fun.

"Thank you anyway. Sorry if my mom scared you. Your actually the first friend that hasn't been scared off by her. If course there haven't been many friends to begin with." She chuckled, her voice was chipper and high almost like chimes and it made me smile.

"Well you better go help your mom with dinner, and I should go home to mine." My dinner was a can of sprite and a ham sandwich-if the ham wasn't bad. She smiled and wrapped her arms around my waist. I sighed and wrapped her in a hug. She let go and looked up at me.

"See you tomorrow." She headed for the house and I got in my truck. I had half a mind to get out of the cap and run up to her and kiss her, but I didn't. Instead I started the truck and buckled up. I smiled and shook my head. Sense when have I ever buckled up?

6:02

"Dylan, where the hell have you been? School got out almost four hours ago. And not to mention Officer Grace decided to stop by. He's in the kitchen right now. I hope you have a good reason for being here late." I smiled and patted his shoulder.

"Good to see you too. How was my day? Oh it was great. Literally." I threw my backpack against the staircase and looked towards the kitchen.

"Hey Kevin." Standing in the doorway of the kitchen was Officer Grace with a black jacket over his black uniform. His gun was holstered to his side. He was tall. Had black hair, short and spikey. He made me chuckle when I thought of his wife and how short she was.

"Dylan, you do relize that if I would of been Mr. Kelt you would of been sent to jail." I stood next to him on the opocite wall.

"I have a curfew now?" He sighed as I heard my uncle light a cigarette.

"Don't worry I'm taking it outside." He said as he headed out the door.

"Dylan please tell me you had a good reason for not being here on your day off?" I bounced myself off the wall and walked passed him into the kitchen.

"I was helping a friend. What a sprite? I think we have some cans left." I opened the fridge and grabbed two cans the last ones in the fridge. I made a mental note to pick some up the next time I was out.

"Who was this friend and what were you helping him with?" I offered the can and he took it.

"Well he was a she and she needed help with reading and doing her homework. Which reminds me, can you tell your wife that Alexiah has Dyslexia. Hu that ryhmes."

Wait so you were helping a young lady with homework?"

"Yeah, is there a problem?"

"Were you two alone?" I opened the can and took a swig.

"No, her mom had a very watchful eye on us."

"So you know her from school?"

"No I know her from outerspace-of corse I know her from school."

"Whats her name?"

"Alexiah Wood." I sat down. I almost imagined the room turning into an interrogation room. He sat down and took a drink.

"Marry's talked about her. Sweet girl from what I hear."

"And theres the cop I know. Man you were scaring me for a second there."

"Okay you don't have to be a smarta-alec. Marry is trying to get rid of swaring in the house before the little one comes."

"Good for her. Whens the little minny-me due?" He drank the rest of the sprite.

"In less then two months I think." I chuckled.

"And thats why Marry is the one with the child." He smiled. Then he looked at his watch.

"Well my wife is going to wonder where I am if I don't head home soon. Don't forget, two weeks from now I'll be stopping by. Hopefully for the last time. You stay out of trouble and who know's you may be off of probation soon." I smiled as we stood up.

"That's what I am aiming for. Nice for you to drop by. See you in two weeks." I walked him to the door. Standing on the porch was my uncle taking the last puff of his ciigarette and throwing the butt to the ground and stoping on it.

"Nice to see you again officer. Will you be by anytime soon agian?" Officer Grace coughed and then smiled.

"Yes, in two weeks. As long as Dylan stay's out of trouble then the will be off of probation soon. After his last court date the judge can say whether he needs to stay on probation or let him go." He turned to me and smiled.

"Stay out of trouble okay kid?" I smiled and shook my head.

"Will do sir. Say hi to Marry for me." He laughed.

"That's Mrs. Grace to you. Good bye Dylan." With that he stepped down the walk way to his crouser. I sighed and walk back inside.

"So Dylan where were you today? You were sapose to help me with the bed frame after school." I walked towards the kitchen. My uncle was tall but he was just a couple inches shorter then me and he alway's made me chuckle when he got mad. I walked to the fridge and looked for the ham. There was none, but their was bread, so I grabbed two peices.

"I was helping a friend with homework. She has problems with reading, and sense we had the same class I helped her."

"And what class was that?"

"History. I just read it for her. She knew everything."

"Whats her name?" I felt the room turn into an interrogation room agian.

"Alexiah Wood. You know I already went through this with Officer Grace." He leaned against the wall and he smiled.

"Is she hot?" I rolled my eyes.

" I didn't notice." He laughed.

"Bullshit, you alway's check out a chick when you first meet her. You're just like your father." I sighed as I put the bread in the toaster. He was right. My father alway's slep around with anyone who would have him. He tought me what is atractive in a woman. Her face, smile, eye's and body. I always looked at a girl like that. I did with Alexiah when I first met her too, but I wasn't going to tell that to my uncle.

"Yeah, well she's different."

***

Hey everyone! Sorry I havn't posted anything lately. Schools getting more and more my focus.

I hope you like it. Enjoy.

learning more about Dylan.

Vote, Share with friends and comment please. Love you all. :)

Continue Reading