Thirst - The Dark Side (Book...

By Ash_Lee_Writes

Arien Walter, a normal girl with a normal life, bumped into a weird doctor and offered her a stay in his luxu... More

Entry Teaser (A/N)
Prologue - Apartment Search
Chapter 1 - The Mysterious Doctor and The Mansion
Chapter 2 - Expect Nothing
Chapter 3 - Being Left Alone Is Always A Bad Thing
Chapter 4 - Became Totally Alone, Or Am I?
Chapter 5 - First Day Gossip? Vampires
Chapter 6 - Not So Lonely Anymore
Chapter 7 - Uninvited Yet Welcomed Guests
Chapter 8 - How Can We Expect The Unexpected?
Chapter 9 - What A Long Day
Chapter 10 - Nicer Than I Thought
Chapter 11 - Coffee Shop Troubles
Chapter 12 - Lost Things Are Always Creepy
Chapter 13 - The Party's Over
Chapter 14 - What's With Motorcycle Rides?
Chapter 15 - Doom's Day
Chapter 16 - Traumatic Nightmare
Chapter 17 - Unbelievable, Yet Well Predicted
Chapter 18 - Fell For Their Trap
Chapter 19 - Watched Out
Chapter 20 - No One Should Know
Chapter 21 - The Blind Date
Chapter 22 - Another Motorcycle Ride
Chapter 23 - Cunning Old Men
Chapter 24 - Rich Kid Vibes
Chapter 25 - Dancing On Ice
Chapter 26 - Swimming Pool Bonding
Chapter 27 - The Necklace
Chapter 28 - Pet Lovers
Chapter 29 - Horrible Amusement Park
Chapter 30 - The Gym
Chapter 31 - Painted By The Painter
Chapter 32 - Lost And Found
Chapter 33 - Addicted
Chapter 34 - Fever
Chapter 35 - Too Soon To Leave
Chapter 36 - Free From Clutches
Chapter 37 - She's Back
Chapter 38 - Feelings Resurfaced
Chapter 39 - A Replacement
Chapter 40 - Witnessed The Unexpected
Chapter 41 - What Happened?
Chapter 42 - Something
Chapter 43 - The Field Trip
Chapter 44 - The Camp
Chapter 45 - The Rainforest
Chapter 46 - Suspicious People
Chapter 47 - Victory Is His
Chapter 49 - Kicked Out
Chapter 50 - Unexpected Chaos
Epilogue - Forgotten
Exit Teaser (A/N)

Chapter 48 - Cheeks And Lips

2 0 0
By Ash_Lee_Writes

Arien's POV

The sky was slowly being painted with dark hues, a sign that night will be coming shortly. The stars scattered above the sky as the sun's sunlight disappeared through the gaps of the foliages and trees.

I look around as my schoolmates converse together with some blankets covering them from the cold. Some students are also preparing some firewoods to build a huge bonfire which was ordered by the teachers.

I gripped my jacket as I walk towards a couple of firewoods behind our cabin and took them to bring to the bonfire area. I stack it together with the other firewoods. I took another turn towards the back of the cabin to take some more.

But before I could reach the bonfire area to stack the heavy firewoods, someone grabbed it from me. I looked up and saw Ricky. He smiled and continued to take the firewoods.

"I can do it, too you know..."I told him. He just shrugged.

"I know that. But I would like to help you anyway."he answered and went towards the bonfire area to leave it there. I just shook my head with a smile and went back to take some.

It happened repeatedly until there was enough bonfire to ease the coldness of the students and camping site.

I walked back towards my friends who were sitting at one of the picnic tables a couple of meters away from me.

I was about to take another step when I tripped over a rock.

Damn it! I cursed inside my head.

I closed my eyes as I was waiting for my face to hit the ground when I felt a grip on my right hand and pulled me up in an instant.

The person held my shoulder afterwards to steady me.

"Are you okay?"John asked me. I was quite gawking at him, can't seem to process what happened.

"Next time, be careful and watch your step. No one might catch if ever you fall."he said. Still, I was speechless. I guess it was because of the shock.

He chuckled and ruffled my already messy hair.

"I'll be off, Arien."and he released me from his grip before walking away.

I walked back to our table, still a bit light-headed.

I sat quietly as Reina and Klarissa converse. Poly was busy eating some chips.

Wait...chips?

"Where did you get that?"I asked, noticing them eating some snacks.

"Oh. The teachers distributed them. Go to their quarters. Hope that they still have some."Reina answered. I just nodded at her and stood up to get some for me.

Students were also flocking at the entrance of the teachers' cabin, also hoping to get some snacks.

I heard my tummy rumbled and I groaned. Darn it.

"Hey, Arien. Getting some snacks?"a familiar voice asked behind me and so I turned around.

It was Liam, sipping on his small milk carton.

"Hey, Liam. And yes, I'm getting some snacks but, I guess, I won't be getting any. Sadly, I'm already hungry."I said and tsked. I was about to walk away from the crowd when he grabbed my arm.

"Here,"he said and handed me two biscuits and a sealed milk carton. "It was actually for Ricky but, knowing him, he can get some snacks on his own."he added and smiled at me before leaving me behind, speechless.

Too much is happening today, I guess...

-

After we ate snacks, I decided to have a half bath. Afterwards, I changed into some cottony pajamas and wore the same jacket before. It's really chilly and my toes are already curling.

Moments later, the teacher let us cook our own dinner. They divided us into huge groups and distributed ingredients in each. It was a random groupings so some of the members are from the twelfth grade and from the other sections. Which includes to Levid brothers, Jake and Jay.

I decided to help and cut some ingredients into cubes because I seem to know what recipe they will be cooking.

I was about to cut the onion when voice stopped me.

"Don't cut with your fingers in a position like that."Jake said. I looked over my shoulders and saw him beside me.

I was startled when he went behind me and took my hands.

"Position your three fingers like this to prevent cutting your own fingers...and don't let your head be too near the onion or you'll tear up."he said and finally let me go.

"Y-You don't have to do that..."I spoke softly. He chuckled.

"Sorry. Can't help it."he answered.

"You know how to cook?"I asked. He nodded.

"Learned from the best."he said and eyed Jay who was working in front of the pan.

-

After cooking and having our dinner, I decided to hang out by the bonfire.

A few students were out and conversing. The teachers also recommended earlier to sleep already because we will be having activities early in the morning.

Most students are already in the cabins sleeping, and that includes my friends. I joined them earlier, but I left because I can't.

I gripped my jacket tighter as I watch the flames of the fire dance in front of me. I rubbed my hands together to ease the chilliness of the night.

Suddenly, I felt someone wrapped a blanket around me.

"I thought you might need it."Shawn spoke behind as he secure the blanket on me.

"Good night Arien."and off he left.

"Good....night."I said, thinking he didn't hear me. But I just saw him waving his hand as he walk inside their cabin.

I just smiled to myself and stared at the red flames produced by the bonfire.

A couple of seconds later, I felt someone sat beside me on the log where I'm sitting on. I turned to my right and saw Jay, holding two cups of hot choco drink on both hands.

"Want a drink?"he asked and offered me one. I willingly accepted it.

"So..how are you?"I asked him.

"I'm...fine."he answered shortly.

"Really? Haven't you seen her?"

He went silent for a while.

"I did. But she never looked at me."

I looked at him, who's watching the bonfire as it lits up the place.

"You'll forget about her soon. And you'll find the person who's meant for you."I told him. He turned to me.

"Yeah. I hope so."

-

Moments had passed and the bonfire finally ran out of fire. I guessed it was midnight and so I stood up, already finished my choco drink.

"So, should we call it a night?"I ask Jay. He also stood up and met my level.

"Yeah. We should."he took the mug from my hands. "I'll take this."

"Good night."I bid. He smiled.

I thought he was going to turn around and walk away but he did something I didn't expect.

He leaned to me until he planted a small kiss on my cheeks.

What the....

He smiled at my dumbfounded self.

"Good night."and he left me there, standing alone.

Crap. I was corrupted by the Levid brothers tonight.

-

I was walking back to our cabin, still my mind floating away when someone grabbed me towards the entrance of the forest.

Who in the uttered f—?!!

In just a speed of light, I was pinned behind a tree, two red eyes met mine as he rested his hands beside my head, locking me. I was so shock that I just stared at that person, specifically gaped.

He grinned evilly. It just sent some chills down to my spine and flowed through my nerves.

"If he kissed you on the cheeks, I'd rather kiss you on the lips."his deep angelic but dangerous voice rang through my ear.

My eyes widened.

And with that, another unexpected thing happened.

I just felt his soft lips on mine.

Oh crap. Why is everything so crammed up in just one night?

~~~

A/N

This wasn't the first draft I made for this chapter because Wattpad had some tantrums and deleted it(like wtf, I cried). And so, I rewrote it, and didn't expect it to be much better than the other one (Hah! Take that Wattpad!).

And so, yeah. Here it is. Hope you like it*cross fingers*.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.8M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...
1.7M 111K 26
#Book-2 in Lost Royalty series ( CAN BE READ STANDALONE ) Ekaksh Singh Ranawat The callous heartless , sole heir of Ranawat empire, which is spread...
6.6M 179K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...