Pains of Amara(Completed)

By Adaririchichi

~FEATURED IN WATTPAD'S FRIEND'S AND FAMILY READING LIST--CELEBRATING BLACK HISTORY MONTH, AND ALWAYS WITH YOU... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105

Chapter 69

383 93 17
By Adaririchichi

Rebecca walked briskly towards Amarachi's house. She silently prayed to meet Amarachi at home.

But at the same time,her heart was beating at an unsteady pace. Her fingers were getting sweaty and perspiration covered her forehead.
Anxiety had eaten her up.
She pondered if Amara would listen to her considering all the things she did to Amarachi.
Her mother just threatened her earlier in the morning about her child and she wasn't ready to go stay with Emmanuel.
Nonso was the only option and Amarachi was her last hope.

Immediately she arrived at Amarachi's gate, she exhaled calmly and opened the gate, ponderously made her way inside.
Amarachi wasn't in the veranda.
Rebecca didn't have the guts to knock using the front door.
She then heard series of mild laughter coming from the backyard.
Rebecca could make out Amarachi's laugh.
She stealthily walked towards the backyard but was shocked on seeing Ogechi and Amarachi laughing together as they were both washing clothes.

Amarachi and ogechi noticed Rebecca's presence and gazed at her making rebecca feel uncomfortable.

"Um goodmorning amarachi and Ogechi"Rebecca greeted nervously as she came closer to both of them.
Ogechi hissed at her greeting.
"Goodmorning Rebecca. What are you doing here?"Amarachi asked perplexed.

"Amara abeg don't listen to this one. She just love spreading gossip and disturbing people"Ogechi snarled.
Becca shot her a glare and faced Amarachi.
"Amarachi please help me. My marriage is falling apart"Becca pleaded with clasped hands.

"How do you expect me to help you?I don't save marriages"Amarachi replied as she continued washing.

"Amarachi this girl is just trouble. So is now you know you need Amarachi's help. What about those days you ignorantly treated her badly?"Ogechi added rudely.

Becca sighed deeply.
She had wronged Amarachi and Ogechi wasn't even making things easy for her.

"Amarachi please don't listen to what Ogechi is saying"

"And why shouldn't i?"Amarachi retorted immediately leaving Rebecca speechless.

"No why shouldn't i Rebecca? Didn't you treat me badly those days? You didn't even attend Nne's burial. Why? All because you thought i was snatching your man away from you. Now i distanced myself away from you and your man and your marriage began to crumble. You are now running to me for help. Please Rebecca. I warned you that if you didn't change this your attitude, your marriage will crumble. Now look. I can't help you"

Rebecca immediately broke into tears. Tears she had been holding for so long.
"I am sorry amara. Please help me. I love nonso"

"Get out. She said she can't help you. Are you deaf?!"Ogechi yelled.

"Amarachi don't side with this girl. She isn't good. I don't know what is making both of you close but Amarachi, Ogechi isn't a nice person. This niceness she's putting up is just a facade. She and Lydia don't love you. Please dont side with her"

Amarachi stopped washing and stared at Rebecca intently.
"Get out"Amarachi finally said to the delight of ogechi.
Rebecca couldn't believe what was happening.
Her jaws were dropped and her lips were parted.
"Amara please don't let ogechi influence you. She is wicked. They don't truly love you"Rebecca attempted pleading once more "

"Rebecca get out please!"Amarachi yelled this time.
Ogechi immediately stood up from her seat and went towards rebecca, dragging her out of the backyard and towards the gate.

"Amara don't trust this people o. Ogechi is acting like she has your best interest in heart but it's not true"Becca said in tears as ogechi dragged her out of the backyard.

"Useless girl. Go. Nonso will never take you back. And don't ever come to this compound ever again. A friend you are indeed"Ogechi menacingly spat as she pushed Rebecca towards the gate.

Rebecca felt so humiliated.
She couldn't even talk back.
She slowly cleaned her tears and stepped outside their compound.
She knew she had hurt Amarachi so much and she genuinely felt remorseful.

One thing was also certain to her--ogechi was just putting up a farcade of being concerned about Amarachi.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Aunty and Ogechi, i am going to Mrs Justice's place now"Amarachi said as she approached them sitting under the umbrella mango tree. She had done all the house chores quickly with the help of ogechi.
Amarachi couldn't believe how well things were going for her.
It all felt like a dream come true.

"Oh ok for your fashion classes. It's not a problem"Ogechi said with a soft smile.

"Ehn Amara please help us beg Mrs Justice concerning what happened. Tell her we are sorry. Maybe she can reconsider taking your sister too"Lydia added immediately with a sad look plastered on her face.
Amarachi nodded her head reassuringly.

"Domt worry aunty I'll help you talk to her and I'll plead with her. I'm close to her so she might listen to me"

"Ok you are close to her?" Lydia asked with a chuckle.
"Mama she said she is closed to her"Ogechi chorused what Amara had earlier said.

"That's good Amara. You can go ok. Be on your best behaviour biko(please)"Lydia said.
Amarachi smiled and waved at her hands at them before walking away.

They both watched her as she walked away.
"I am close to her"ogechi mimicked Amarachi which made Lydia let out a laugh.
"No now mama you are laughing. Imagine the rubbish she said. Is she trying to mock us or what?"

"Calm down ogechi. Very soon everything will be yours again"Lydia reassured her daughter as a baleful grin spread across her face.

* * * * * * * * *
AMARACHI

The sound of my machine sewing echoed all through the large room as i was the only one left.
Wow. I really thought i was fast in sewing but these other girls are so fast.
Our fashion instructor Mrs Nneoma, is a very nice woman. She showed us variety of styles that we will learn how to sew once we get to the fashion school in America and it really made me excited.

She mentioned that we could get so successful that even major celebrities would wear our dresses.
I was really really excited.
Class went smoothly today. The other girls were really nice to me. We all worked like siblings.

"Amara you've tried today"i said to myself as i released the presser foot of the sewing machine that was keeping the fabric in place.
I held the beautiful kimono dress i just sewed and I really admired it.

"Amara you are still around" Mrs justice said as she walked in.
I gave her a gentle nod and a smile.

"Good evening ma"

"Evening my dear. Hope you are enjoying the class?"

"I am ma. Thank you so much" I replied. I then remembered i promised aunty Lydia I'll talk to Mrs Justice about Ogechi.

I suddenly became nervous.
How should i start?
Will she listen?
I don't want to enrage her.

"Um Amara I'll be going out with Nicole now. If you are hungry please meet Cynthia. She just prepared some tasty dish"Mrs justice said cutting through my thoughts.

Well there goes my chance to talk to her.
Probably tomorrow I will.
But who is Nicole?

I resumed what i was doing before.
Our teacher will be really impressed.
I folded the fabric and went ahead to arrange my things.

"You" was the feminine voice I heard.
I looked up to see a tall dark girl standing by the door way.
I've seen her here. She was present when i came here with Lydia and Ogechi before.

I actually wondered if she was Jordan's sister but she looks nothing like Jordan.
"Yes? Good afternoon"i greeted with a smile but her countenance was anything but happy.
Why is she glaring at me?

"I don't know who you are or what you want but Jordan is mine"she snapped at me.
What?
What is all these?
"Excuse me?"I replied confused.

"Oh shut up! Don't act like you don't know what you are doing. Trying to steal my Jordan away from me. I mean look at you. You are below my class. What does he even see in you anyways?"
She just insulted me.

"I am not trying to steal anyone away from you"I replied getting irritated.

"Now let me make it clear to you Amara or whatever they call you. Jordan is my fiancee. Stay away from him. I can be very dangerous"she threatened as her stare burned into me before walking away.

I shuddered backwards and swallowed my saliva attempting to moist my throat.
God!
Jordan never told me he had a fiancee. I never knew he was engaged!
"So why!?"I found myself saying out loud.

"Why did he behave so nice and act romantic towards me....if..if..if his heart is with some one else"
My eyes became stung with tears as i tried to process what just happened.

"No Amara you won't cry. You've cried enough for a life time. He played with your feelings but you will be strong"

I immediately dabbed my eyes with my handkerchief and continued packing up, ignoring the pain within me.

I was about stepping outside when Jordan entered inside.
"Good evening jordan"I greeted without glancing at him.
I tried walking away but he held my hand and pulled me back.

"Why are you running away from me? You just greeted and you want to quickly go? I didn't want to disturb you before so i decided to chat a little with you after the class. How was it?"he asked as he held on to my hand.

I nodded my head and swallowed my nervousness.
"It was fine"
I took my hands out of his soft grip and tried walking away but he somehow managed to pull me back.

"Jordan what?"I replied irritated.

"Amara what's wrong? Why are you acting so cold towards me?"

"Why are you doing this? Why are you trying to play with my feelings Jordan. You made me..."I paused for some seconds trying to control my emotions.

"You made me believe that you loved me Jordan"

"Because i do"He replied almost immediately.
"I really love you Amarachi"Jordan added as he snaked an arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him in such a way that our bodies were perfectly aligned.

He leaned in closer probably for a kiss and I immediately closed my eyes shut but i didn't feel his lips on mine.
I felt them on my neck instead.
I let out a gasp, surprised by the heat that brewed in me whenever his lips came in contact with my skin.
He kissed right under my ear and his lips began trailing down towards my chest.

No. I dont want this.
I placed my hands on his chest.
"Jordan please stop" I said, more like whispered but it didn't seem like he was going to stop and my body was really reacting to his touch.

"Jordan.."I said attempting to push him away but he immediately grabbed my wrists and placed them above my head.
What is going on?
Is Jordan loosing control?

* * * * * * * *

So sorry for the late updates
Exams are ongoing
Please bear with me
And keep on reading, voting and commenting
I love you all💘💘.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 36.2K 61
WATTYS WINNER When her fiancé ends up in a coma and his secret mistress, Halley, shows up, Mary feels like her world is falling apart. What she does...