ruthless

By fictionxwh0re

it's always the innocent girl who falls for the dangerous mafia boss....not anymore Nicoletta Rivera has been... More

intro
chapter 1: bed
chapter 2:the Delucas
chapter 3:pain tolerance
chapter 4:james
chapter 5:rose
chapter 6: masquerade
chapter 7:tourture
chapter 8:his view
chapter 9:emotions
chapter 10:justice
chapter 11:ravers
chapter 12:truth or truth
chapter 13: feelings
chapter 14: trauma and tears
chapter 15:not weak
chapter 16: woman
chapter 17:trainer
chapter 18: scars
chapter 19: club ultra
chapter 20: patheic
chapter 21: 3am
chapter 22: rest
chapter 23: truth
chapter 24: the avalon
chapter 25: truthful feelings
chapter 26:whore
chapter 27: to our future selves
chapter 28: crema
chapter 29: destroy
chpater 30: sanchez
chapter 31: childhood
chapter 32: mine
chapter 33: shower
chapter 34: inner thoughts
chapter 35: something good
chapter 36: weight room
chapter 37: tattoo
chapter 38: tasks
chapter 39: sanchez ball
chapter 40: tease
chapter 41: work day
chapter 42: unknown number
chapter 43: warehouse
chapter 44: grip
chapter 45: suck it up
chapter 46: pathetic desires
chapter 47: tired soul
chapter 48: celebration
chapter 49: misson
chapter 50: twisted bonnie and clyde
chapter 51: struggle
chapter 52: cliffs and clubs
chapter 54: join
chapter 55: past
chapter 56: cece
chapter 57: meetings
chapter 58: puzzle pieces
chapter 59: Mattise
chapter 60: plane
chapter 61: momma sandy
chapter 62: arme à feu
chapter 63: old friend
chapter 64: the one and only
chapter 65: repent
chapter 66: polaroids
chapter 67: hades
Chapter 68: home
chapter 69: milan
chapter 70: day one
chapter 71: stiches
chapter 72: fear
chapter 73: internal battle
chaoter 74: feast
chapter 75: flesh
chapter 76: heal
epilogue
thank you.

chapter 53: grilled cheese

4.6K 108 11
By fictionxwh0re

I pull out my phone and go through my contacts and click the one I need to find and let it ring.

"niki? it's 2am?"

"yea sorry maria i just have a question about coke" i hear some tussling in the back

"yea what's up" she yawns through the phone

"how do i get rid of it" i press my lips together and look at the bag

"How much are you trying to get rid of?"

I take a deep breath. Maria never asks questions, she just gives you the information you need.

"it's a little bag, almost empty" I hear a yawn on the other end.

"just flush the contents and then throw the bag out" i nod

"okay thank you maria" i hang up the phone and walk downstairs into the furthest bathroom from our bedrooms.

As I walk towards the ballroom the air gets cooler and I make a right. I open the bathroom door and shut it, being as loud as I want.

I flush the coke down and throw the bag out. Okay, good. I turned around, opening the door and making my way back into the hall "nicoletta?" my head snaps as I pass the living room.

"Dad, what are you doing awake?" i step towards him "what are you doing awake" i shrug my shoulders "just walking around" dad tilts his head "i heard you on the phone with maria'' i press my lips together well shit

"He relapsed , didn't he?" I freeze "it was bound to happen" he walks into the living room and I follow "what do you mean?" i sit on the couch next to him.

"i knew within the next 6 months of her dying that these last 2 years were going to fail him" dad turns the lamp on "is he sleeping now?" I nod "yea" dad takes a sip of water.

"these next few weeks are going to be hard for him" dad runs his fingers through his beard "why's that?" Dad sets the glass down "cocaine withdrawal will make him aggressive and not think clearly" I chew on the insides of my cheeks.

"we're going to new york in 2 weeks" i'm sorry what "huh?" dad laughs a bit "two weeks from today we will be on the jet to new york" i nod that soon "just help him niki,i think it will be good for him" alright.

I bring my knees to my chest. "I'm still mad at you" I look at him and dad nods "can you explain why?" i look at him "i feel like you didn't try. you knew how crazy she is and you just left me with her" i face him.

"I knew the power she held, I didn't know she'd take the path that she's on now. she would never hurt you brothers, i don't know why she treated you the way she did" that sentence alone makes my throat tight.

"oh." I nod "we're gonna get her nicoletta. Dad touches my knee. "I know," I smile softly. "we have two meetings next week" i nod "we?" Dad smiles.

"Yes, one of them is informing the mafia about our plans for New York" oh alright "the other is to talk with another small italian mafia to join our numbers,you're going alone" my eyes widen "what?"

"that's mafia boss business shouldn't you be going?" i tilt my head "i'm really busy,it's good practice for you" i furrow my brows "practice for what" dad sighs "go to bed nicoletta it's almost two in the morning" he pats my thigh before standing up and going into his room.

Okay, weird.

...

"relapse?" hazel tilts her head as alice sips her tea "yes i just-" i sigh "i'm not mad that he didn't tell me,i'm just upset that he didn't wanna tell me he was struggling with something like that" i lean on the table "he told us" i snap my head towards the two brothers.

"what do you mean?" i pick up a knife and walk twards them with alice and hazel behind me "the other day" alex smile "he said some pretty good thin ge about you" what the fuck.

"the asshole will come to touture us in the morning and then rant '' i furrow my brows "i was expecting him to relapse i just didn't know exactly when" chris cant really move anything but his head.

"I said that it would be sometime this week. 10 points for Alex because I was right '' I glide my tongue across my teeth and throw the knife into his leg causing him to scream.

"we're done here" I turn around to hazel and Alice "let's go eat" hazel smiles hol king her arm with alice's and holding her hand out.

...

It's 2pm and the only one awake is antonio. "i'm never drinking ever again" he leans into Dante on the couch "you and I both know that not true toni '' hazel leans forward so she's in his view.

"how's vin?" i look at hazel "well he woke up at 5 am still drunk and then fell back asleep" she shrugs "and how's stefano alice"

she laughs "he's gonna be up for dinner probably,he got super sick last night after his 'you're the hottest woman i've ever met and i wanna marry you' conversation." She laughs and so does Antonio who stops after a few seconds.

"do you wanna train tomorrow niki?" dante tilts his head and i nod "yea today is definitely not good" i laugh a little "i'm hungry" antonio looks at dante "don't ask me i can't cook'' antonio rubs his face "i'll go get someone to make you some pasta,butter okay?" he shakes his head "salt and oil" i nod.

standing up i walk into the kitchen to a maid cleaning the counter "hi" she smiles at me,i think her name might be jessica i'm not sure though "could you get someone to make some salt and oil pasta for antonio please?" she smiles.

"Sure thing niki" I smile and nod and before walking back into the living room "you'll be okay antonio" he's going to be hungover for two days there no way he's not.

"I feel like death," vinchenzo walks into the living room leaning on the wall. "Baby did you take the medicine I left for you?" Hazel laughs a bit "no,I don't need medication" he shakes his head.

"you sure?" I tilt my head and he slowly nods as he sits down between hazel and i "not even if i do this" i grab his head and shake it side to side. "ow! stop" i laugh as he rubs his temples "your a real bitch" i smile.

"aww you mean that" i place my hand over my heart "when i don't have this pounding headache i'm going to kill you" i laugh. "baby you'll be okay" hazel sits in his lap wrapping her arms around him.

she places a kiss on his forehead "ew,i'm going to check if my boyfriend is still alive" i stand up and quickly walk out of the living room and rush up the stairs.

I place my hand on the door handle and push open the door stepping in my room. I shut the curtains last night so it's dark in here.

stepping over to my bed luciano is still in a deep sleep on his side. "Luciano" I whisper towards him but no response. his body rises and falls under the blankets as i admire him for a moment.

you're so handsome his sharp jawline and straight nose,thick eyelashes,the tattoos placed on his skin in such a nice order and organization. I smile a bit as my eyes scan his back muscles. There's a small scar on his back that you can't tell is there because it's hidden under a snake but you're so broken.

my finger gently touches his hair which is dryer than it was. He's taking too many showers. Even though he's been sleeping for 12 hours he still looks tired.

looking over at the nightstand the medicine is gone and the water is half empty. so he woke up and went back to sleep. at least he knows what's good for him

I slide off the bed and tiptoe to the door looking at him. He'll be okay, niki just be there for him. i open the door and leave as quietly as i can.

...

Stefano sits at the dinner table slowly eating his pasta. "Morning sunshine" Vincenzo looks over my shoulder and I turn around. Lucaino leans on the wall "hi" i smile at me and he smiles back.

"So happy you could join us" dad tilts his head with a smile on his face "yea" luciano's voice is raspy as he walks into the dining room.

instead of taking his normal seat across the table next to dad on his right luciano sits in hazel's seat because she's sitting next to vinchenzo for tonight.

as he sits down and a maid places a plate of pasta in front of him. "thank you" he picks up a glass of water and takes a sip. "Did you have a nice rest sleeping beauty?" Hazel wiggles her eyebrows at him.

"yes i did" he sends her a tight lipped smile "wow,no need to be all bitchy" she holds her hands up "hazel i would stop talking you don't know how to shoot a gun" he leans on the table.

"and you're the one with a hangover" she laughs a bit "and if i raise my voice enough it hurts" she projects her voice and luciano leans on the table.

After a moment he sits up and takes a fork of pasta. "niki,the meeting that we talked about last night has been moved to tomorrow" my eyes widen "what" i try to not yell.

"Now I have to- why was it moved? What am I going to wear?" i cover my mouth "im not prepared" dad laughs "you'll be fine,it's not hard"

i slam my hand down "for you, you've been the mafia boss since you were 20 because grandma and grandpa decided to kick the bucket" dad laughs "they didn't decide" i shrug.

"Apologies, grandma and grandpa died in a tragic car wreck during a January storm." I smile "You're going to do great," I shake my head, "what meeting?" Antonio takes a bite of pasta. "i'm sending nicoletta...." my attention is drawn back to luciano.

He's biting his thumb and his leg is bouncing rapidly. He looks down at his plate and I reach over touching his knee causing his head to snap in my direction. He takes a deep breath and places his hand over mine.

I smile at him softly as he takes his other hand grabbing his fork and eating some more.

...

stepping out of the shower i dry off my body and head to my closet. getting into pj's i hear a knock at my door "come in!" I pull my shirt over my head and step out to a shirtless luciano.

"niki, have you seen my pants from last night?" luciano chews on the insides of his cheeks. "yea i put your clothes in the wash" i smile through the lie.

"did you happen to go through the pockets? '' I swallow staying silent, "you told me last night. I know about your relapse" i hold the towel in my hands and Luciano freezes.

he shuts my bedroom door and steps in "why didn't you say anything to me,or at least told me you had an addiction" i walk over to the couch and sit down motioning him over.

"I tried but I was-" he cuts himself off as he sits. "I wasn't scared, it's just that I thought ignoring my past and bringing it here would make it better" he plays with the bottom of his shirt.

"what did you do with it?" his leg begins to bounce "i flushed it" luciano's eyes shut and he faces forward swallowing hard. "why" he opens his eyes staring at the wall "why the fuck did you do that niki!" He stands up in front of me.

He clenches his jaw. I stare at him for a moment. "don't yell at me" i look up at him "why shouldn't i yell at you! you flushed my-" he steps back chewing on his bottom lip "why niki!"

I stare at him for a moment and he's silent "you done?" I lean on my hand and he clenches his jaw sitting back down.

I turn my body so my back hits the arm of the couch. "who gave it to you" his knees bounces "some girl in the men's bathroom,it was on this little mirror" i nod

"and i just kinda got all these flashbacks and the sweating hands with the racing heart beat. i couldn't stop my body even if i tried" he looks at me with sad eyes "what can i do to help" i shift closer to him.

I place a hand on his knee and he shrugs "I could go for a grilled cheese" I smile furrowing my brows a bit "per un italiano che è abbastanza americano no?" (for an italian that's quite american no?) i stand up

"lo è, non mi interessa davvero però"( it is, i don't really care though) my heart flips "you should speak italian more often" i smile as i walk to the door "andrà bene bella" (will do beautiful) i turn to him "i'm gonna go make the grilled cheese for you i will be right back"

I shut the door and walk down the hall to the stairs. Grilled cheese is really good. I walk down the steps and head into the kitchen and grab the cheese from the fridge and the bread from the pantry.

"you're right, this does make me feel better." I smile taking another bite. "I knew it would" haylee eats her own grilled cheese while leaning on the counter.

"When lorenzo got too much, I would make Luciano and Lillian grilled cheese. it worked" she shrugs and smiles

"when luciano was really struggling after lilian left he would ask for me to make it for him, i know deep down it makes him feel better." she takes a sip of water "it's been his favorite food since he was a kid,very very american if you ask me" she shrugs again picking up the food.

I smile a bit

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

197K 833 6
❗ WARNING ❗ advisable for 18+ ❗ do not report, these is only a work of a fiction!
24K 638 18
Craig is tired of life and spends most of his time observing things. He's a viewer not an actor in the strange show of life. He doesn't interact with...
35.2K 1.2K 26
Eve and Matteo had three children. Angelina and Matteo are the older two, twins. Ivory is the youngest. In this book you will get to see into Ivory's...
37.7M 1.1M 68
Deadly assassins Allegra and Ace have been trying in vain to kill each other for years. With a mutual enemy threatening their mafias, they find thems...