Life is Liz (LiL, #1)

By Katharina_Rose

"Really perfection is only just impossibility." ~~~~ Sometimes I'm happ... More

Part1: The one week agreement
Chapter 1: Breakdowns
Chapter 2: Talks With Your Best Friend
Chapter 3: Awkward Moments, Football And Ryan
Chapter 4: Guys, Games And Jackets
Chapter 5: The Party
Chapter 6: After Effects
Chapter 7: Let The Agreement Begin
Chapter 8: Summer Memories And A Date?
Chapter 10: Part 1: Hatred
Chapter 10: Part 2: Teaching Sessions
Chapter 11: Late Night Activities
Chapter 10.5-11: Ryan's POV
Chapter 12: Weird Fights, 'Dancing' And Interference
Chapter 13: Story Time
Chapter 14: Helper Syndrom
Chapter 15: Part 1: Cookies, Pizza and Taylor Swift
Chapter 15: Part 2: Guilty As Charged
Chapter 16: The Bus Incident
Chapter 17: Fights
Chapter 18: Speeches
Chapter 19: Phone Calls
Chapter 20: Andromeda
Chapter 21: The Breakfast Club
Chapter 22: Aftermath
Chapter 23: Air
Part 2: Revelations
Chapter 24: Practice
Chapter 25: People Are Idiots
Chapter 26: Grow A Pair
Chapter 27: Milk And Freedom
Chapter 28: A Secret Confession?
Chapter 29: Eugene's Ass
Chapter 30: Ant-Man
Chapter 31: Crazy Bitch
Chapter 32: Unfairness
Chapter 33: Queen Elizabeth
Chapter 34: Part 1: Red Roses & Anxiety
Chapter 34: Part 2: Cuddly birds
Chapter 35: A step in the right direction
Chapter 36: Run, Forest, run!
Chapter 37: Dinner with the fam
Chapter 38: On the run
Chapter 39: Popcorn, Vanilla and Handsome Snales
Chapter 40: His Lifeline
Please watch
Chapter 41: Liar
Chapter 42: Not A Flicker Of Light
Chapter 43: Thawed Frost
Chapter 44: Forget Me
Chapter 45: Family Reunions
Chapter 46: Not Good For You
Chapter 47: A Piece of History
Chapter 48: Closer
Chapter 49: Meeting Sam
Chapter 50: Bittersweet
Chapter 51: Life is Liz
Chapter 52: Turning Tables
Chapter 53: Self Medication
Chapter 54: Surprise, Surprise!
Chapter 55: Part 1: First Times
Chapter 55: Part 2: More Firsts
Chapter 56: Food Convos
Chapter 57: I'm Sorry
Chapter 58: Excuses
Chapter 59: Panic
Chapter 60: The Twist In My Story
Chapter 61: Selfish Intentions
Chapter 62: Jersey Jealousy
Chapter 63: Ignorance
Chapter 64: Night After Night
Chapter 65: I Love You Too
Chapter 66: Intricate Thoughts
Chapter 67: Fuck(ed)
The Sequel Is Up

Chapter 9: The Pact

227 22 3
By Katharina_Rose

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I always find beauty in things that are odd & imperfect- they are much more interesting. -Marc Jacobs

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today was Tuesday and I was tired as hell. Because of the long time I spent with Hayley and Ryan I didn't have time to do my homework. So I did it before I went to bed, at 10 p.m. and I went to bed at 11:50. But even then, when I was so tired my eyes shut every two seconds I couldn't sleep. The whole day was stuck in my head and I couldn't stop thinking about it.

About the day with Ryan. The time at lunch. And I had to think about our conversation in Ryan's car as we drove to my house after dinner and about the way Ryan walked me to my door. And the weird encounter with my mom.

Earlier

It was short after 9:45 as I came home. Well we jumped out of his car and walked to my front door. "Well I guess I'll see you tomorrow then," I said as I opened the door to my house. I could hear muffled sounds from the living room. My parents were, most probably, watching tv.

He nodded. "Yeah-" he was cut off as my mom appeared next to me.

"Oh hello," she said trying to sound not too curious. "Well, sweetie you wanna introduce us?" I fumbled with the strap of my bag.

"Erm... sure mom-" Ryan cut me off and extended his right hand towards her.

"It's really nice to meet you, Mrs. Graham. I'm Ryan," he said with a polite smile. She reached out and slowly shook his hand, her eyes narrowed into slits.

"You look very familiar Ryan. What's your surname?" she asked in suspicion.

"Johnson, Mrs. Graham, my name is Ryan Johnson," he said politely.

"He plays football," I knew that that was why dad knew him. He came to some football games to watch my friends. Yes my dad was a fangirl if it came to football and my friends. He'd always cheer louder than anyone else on the bleachers. Making me feel embarrassed. It really surprised me that he didn't have a shirt with their names on it. Yet.

But my mom never watched sports so I didn't know how she could know him. "I don't know why but I think we met before. Your name is really familiar too."

He shrugged. "I don't know m'am."

She shook her head, clearing her mind. "It doesn't matter anyways. Did you have a good day?" she asked, her question directed at me. I looked at Ryan for a split second. What should I do? Should I nod and admit to Ryan that I actually have had a great time? To boost his ego? No, thanks.

But before I could answer mom spoke up again. "Where did you two went to? Have you eaten already?" I nodded.

"We went to a restaurant not far from here," he said with a smile. Mom smirked but after a second her smile fell.

"Wait, I saw you forgot your money at home sweetie," she looked at me in disapproval. I looked down, embarrassed under her stare.

"I swear I tried everything to stop him, but he wouldn't budge," I said and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Thank you Ryan but here," she said as she made one swift movement and reached behind her for her wallet and held some money in front of him. He shook his head.

"No really I did it with pleasure."

She narrowed her eyes again and then, after a second, her face lit up. "Oh I know a better idea. You are going to have dinner with us on Wednesday evening."

My eyes widened, mouth agape, "what?!"

My mom ignored me and continued. "Well, what do you say? I won't accept a no anyways."

"Okay," he once again smiled politely. And I thought I never saw him smile that way at anyone before.

Now

I knew why my mom had invited him. My parents were always... excited when I talked about my friends, because they always saw them as potential boyfriends. And not just my parents, but also Tori, my sister's boyfriend and Jo of course. They were always eager to hear about them and happy when they could crack jokes about the boyfriend topic, making me, of course, feel uncomfortable. So I nearly freaked out as I heard mom inviting Ryan for dinner tomorrow. Because she obviously did it so my family could overthink there decision for who would be the best match for me. But of course there's not just his character involved, no, also his looks and family tree.

And although they did all that stuff and liked to tease me about it, I knew that it was only my decision to make. I was the only one deciding if I wanted someone becoming my boyfriend.

But Ryan wasn't the only thing that was on my mind. No, I had to think about one person specifically. Thalia. She seemed kinda familiar. And her name recalled not so pleasant memories. I just could hope that it wasn't the same person. Because if it was then my life would get fucked up. Again.

But right now someone was poking me and I lifted my head from resting on the table and looked up. I looked to my left were Liam was still poking my shoulder. I glared at him. "What?" I snapped. We were sitting in the cafeteria at our usual table.

"Why are you so grumpy, Lizzy?" he asked, still poking. I reached out and grabbed his hand, the one poking me.

"Because I'm tired Liam."

He opened his mouth, but was cut off as Ryan appeared on my other side, placing his tray on the table and sitting down next to me. "Hey gorgeous," he said, throwing an arm over the armrest of my chair. I rolled my eyes. "As if the day wasn't annoying enough already," I muttered under my breath.

I groaned and rested my head on the table again. "What's wrong with her?" I heard Ryan ask.

"Sleepless night," Liam stated nonchalantly.

After a minute I heard shuffling and chairs screeching against the tiled floor. I looked up again to see that Jere and Logan had appeared. "What's he doing here?" Logan asked while glaring at Ryan.

"Eating," Ryan provoked and took a bite of his sandwich. What was wrong with those two?

Logan kept glaring at him and opened his mouth, but before he could say something I spoke up. "Logan, please I'm tired. Just sit down and eat. You can kick his ass when he does something idiotic or whatever. Okay? So please let it slide you two." It was hard enough to convince Ryan to have lunch at our table. Well more or less, because we made a compromise. Tuesday and Thursday my table and the other days his.

Logan finally sat down next to Jeremy and stopped glaring for a split second. Next to me I could hear Ryan snort. "Right. He kicking my ass I'd like to see that."

Logan's nostrils flared and he stood up once again. Not wanting them to start arguing or fighting, I stood up, pushing Ryan down as he tried to mirror Logan's actions. "Logan," I said in an annoyed, tired and warning tone, placing one hand on my hip. I started a staring contest, which I, obviously, won, because of my tired me.

"I think you should sit down man," Jere said looking between me and my best friend. "She has her killer facade on. Plus consider the lack of sleep." he, not so subtle, whispered. Logan stared down at his friend and then looked up at me again.

I kept staring at him and slowly he returned to his seat. I, a bit satisfied, also sat down again. Ryan stared at me. "Damn babe you-" before he could continue I leaned in till my lips brushed over his ear.

"And you, if you want to start a fight or make a scene with any of my friends involved or if you do anything stupid then I will kick your ass. Understood?" I pulled away and looked at him. Yes, grumpy me got easily irritated and was kind of brave too.

"Was that a sexual innuendo?" he smirked.

I glared at him. And instead of answering I kicked his shin. His expression changed into one of surprise and hurt, clearly not expecting me to kick him. He bend forward and grabbed his shin with his hands. "Shit," he hissed under his breath.

"Do I wanna know?" Tony asked as he and Jack approached our table. I shrugged, shooting them a small smile.

"I thought you said ass. What happened to that inviting offer?"

I shrugged again. "Can't a girl change her mind?" I asked no one in particular. I felt tired again and so I, instead of placing my head on the table, rested my head on Liam's shoulder while he munched on some fries. I crossed my arms over my chest and closed my eyes. Liam slung an arm over my shoulders to make it more comfortable for me and leaned back in his chair, dragging me with him.

"Comfy?" he asked. I nodded. My stomach growled revealing that I hadn't anything to eat yet. Liam noticed, "hungry?" I nodded. After a second my friend spoke up again, "open your mouth and say ahhh." I opened my eyes and saw that a fry was in front of my mouth. I, the half asleep idiot, did what I was told and even said ahh. I was like a puppet on a string when I was tired. That was how we stayed for a while, with Liam feeding me fries and me leaning against him.

I was half asleep as Ryan spoke up,"so that's what you're doing all the time?"

"Why do you think we're recording this? Of course not, she's usually never that 'relaxed' in the public view. She always keeps up this facade for everyone." Was that Jere? It had to be, he can't hide his British accent. Wait. They are recording this? I wanted to open my eyes and do something to stop them, but I was too tired and lazy to leave Liam's comfortable shoulder just yet. So I made a mental note to kick their asses later that day for filming me and listened to their conversation instead.

"What facade?" Ryan asked. Yeah, what facade?

"She wants everyone to believe she's perfect, always has everything under control and stuff. But in reality she's just trying to make her see herself perfect." My heart sank and I tried to stop the tears from falling. I knew that I was far from perfect, but I wanted to be seen perfect or at least keep the imperfection away and try to be something in between, not perfect nor imperfect. I thought I could hide it, but I obviously failed in that topic too.

Why do you always have to screw things up?!

A tear escaped from the corner of my eye and rolled down my cheek. I was glad that my hair covered most of my face, so they couldn't see it. I hoped they thought that I was actually asleep.

Liam brushed a hand over my hair and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. I panicked. What should I do? They'll see it if I don't act now. So I slung an arm over Liam's waist and snuggled into his shirt, so that it hid my face from view, making weird, sleepy groaning noises as I moved position.

"Jeremy, man, zoom in. That's so adorable," someone said. I think it was... Drake? Good to know that he joined our table. And good to know that they thought that the movement was real. And though I was trying to hide my tears I couldn't help but blush as he called me adorable.

I felt a hand brushing over the exposed skin of my lower arm and after a second Liam rested his hand, gently, over my arm. The fact that my skin was warm and his fingers were a few degrees colder got me goose bumps and made me shiver lightly. Liam noticed and soon something was draped over my shoulders. It warmed my heart to see that my friend cared so much about me.

"That reminds me of the time she fell asleep on me on my birthday party last summer," Jere said. Hey, to my defense it was late and I planned the whole party, okay? "I had to carry her upstairs at three in the morning," he chuckled. "But I have to admit that it was a great party-"

"A great party and I wasn't invited?" Ryan asked.

"Liz made the rules. She said that I wasn't allowed to invite too many people, just really close ones." Coward. Jere didn't want Ryan to be there and now he used me as an excuse.

"Fair enough," Ryan answered.

"So I almost always invite the same people every year. Liz came up with the idea a few years ago. She always helps me plan the party, you know, organize things and stuff."

"Isn't she shy? How did she got along with your other friends?" Ryan asked.

Someone snorted, another few chuckled. "If you just think for a second that someone doesn't like Liz or the other way around then you're mental. First of all Liz isn't even capable of hating someone. She's one of the most lovable person I've ever met, no she's the most lovable one. She can dislike sometimes, but hate is a too strong emotion for her. She thinks that everybody has a good side."

"Liz is the friendliest human being on this planet. Sometimes I think she's even more kind to strangers, who've never even talked to her before, than anybody else."

"Well Liz is kinda shy at first, but five minutes with her and you know that she's a great person. Always smiling at you and laughing at your jokes even if it's a bad one."

After I heard them say does lovely and kind things about me I had to cry, I didn't even attempt to try to hold the tears back, I just, silently cried.

"Besides, Liz in a dress around a bunch of guys, how could they not like somebody so pretty and awfully nice?" I blushed. I wasn't used to someone calling me pretty. Well of course there were always my family making compliments, but never my friends.

"Oh yeah they goggled at her with adoration in their eyes. I noticed that it was uncomfortable for her to be watched every step and therefor tried to nudge some of them out of their trance. But everyone wanted a chance to talk to her and they even dissed each other in front of her." Jere laughed. "It was hilarious and Liz just looked like she wanted to get out of there. She looked so helpless and innocent. And wanted them to stop 'arguing'."

"But seriously, man, she's great. You can't find someone more loyal than her. Not even a dog." Erm... did someone of my so called friends just compare me to a dog? I bet it was Jack. Should I feel insulted?

"But there's so much more to her than her looks. I think her character makes her the beautiful person that she is." Every time Liam talked I could feel his body vibrating.

"You saying that she isn't good looking?" Was that Ryan or Logan?

"Course not. I'm just saying that looks aren't the main beauty of a person. If someone looks beautiful and has a shitty character then in reality it means that that person is ugly and Lizzy here is the complete opposite."

There was silence for a while, but then Ryan spoke up again, "How did you guys even meet her?"

"We kinda got to know Logan, because of football and after a few weeks or so he decided to introduce us to her, but before we met Liz he gave us the 'over protective brother talk'. He said something over-protective like 'mess with her and I'll kill you'. And after he had said that, I thought 'Wow exaggerate much? I get it she's your best friend, but she can't be that great.' But boy was I wrong."

"Oh guys remember our pact?" someone asked after a few moments of silence.

"What pact?" Ryan asked. And I was thankful that he did, because it made me curious.

"Oh you know we made this agreement that nobody of us would..."

"Well?" he pushed.

"We had to swear that we'd only be friends with Liz. That we wouldn't try anything with her." WHAT?! I wanted to shout. What the flying fuck? How? When? Why? WHAT?

"All or no one?" Ryan asked.

"Something like that, but yes kinda." It was silent once again.

I was completely and utterly shocked. The fuck was wrong with them? I wasn't someone's property. It sounded like they were sure, that if they wanted to, they could make me fall for them in a blink of an eye. As if I didn't even have a say in this one. Obviously it never occurred to them that I maybe wasn't interested in any of them.

"Who came up with that idea?" Ryan asked next to me.

"Logan," they said in unison. Why wasn't I surprised at all? Of course it was Logan who'd come up with that deal. Logan was like my older over-protective brother. I mean yes we were best friends, but sometimes it was kind of annoying. I wondered if he thinks I can't speak up for myself, can't protect myself.

"Hey don't you guys think that we should warn Ryan like Logan did it with us?"

"Yeah, let's threaten Ryan to cut off his balls," I think it was Jack, who chuckled.

"Maybe you can now understand, after what we just told you about her why we're so over-protective of her. She's like our little sister. And if you hurt her or do anything else that upsets her, then we'll hurt you. Understood?"

"Yeah, of course I understand."

\\\\\\\\

The rest of the school day went by in a blur. I somehow survived my classes. And then practice was up and I wanted nothing more than just go home and rest. But of course I couldn't because I had to watch the stupid football practice.

I was lying on my back on one of the bleachers, my bag served as the perfect pillow and I was glad that I took my earbuds with me that morning, as someone approached me.

I opened my eyes and came face to face with Ryan. I didn't expect his movement and so I was startled by the gesture. I gasped and pushed him away, but when I placed my hands on his hard chest he grabbed both of them and pulled me up with him. We were pressed against each other as Ryan tucked a strand of hair behind my ear, smiling at me. I still tried to even out my breathing and getting my heartbeat under control. My hands were still placed on his chest as he cupped my face with both hands. After a second he pulled my earbuds out, gently.

Secondhand serenade stopped playing and I could hear the noises from the field not so far away, bringing me out of my trance. "What?"

He cleared his throat as I stared up at him. "I came here to tell you that you don't have to be here. You can go home, you know. You should take some rest." Yay, I don't have to sleep in the cold on a bleacher.

"You sure?" Why did I just ask that?! Now he'll overthink it and change his mind.

He nodded. "Yeah, go home. But I'll pick you up after practice."

I smiled at him and nodded. "Okay. See ya." I turned around and grabbed my bag.

"See ya.... Liz." I turned around again to face him, but he was already on the field. He knew my name? The guys must have spilled it that day at lunch.

Still slightly shocked I grabbed my things and walked out to the school's parking lot. I'd have to go all the way home since my driving options... well they weren't options.

I looked at my phone and opened the text message I got from Jo minutes ago. However before I could read what she'd have written I, like the clumsy person that I was, bumped into someone. I stumbled backwards, but the stranger wrapped his hands around my waist to keep me from falling. "Whoa there. You okay?" he said. "I'm sorry. Thank you." I said still not facing the person in front of me.

I looked up and came face to face with "Sam?"

------------------------------------------

Hey guys

I kinda left you with a cliffhanger there. I'm evil I know. Are you happy that Sam returns in the next chappy? And what are your thoughts on this one. It was kinda a long time ago since I uploaded. Sorry 'bout that. But I hope you like the new chappy. I'm curious as to what you guys think about Liz' family playing cupid and what you think about the deal the guys made about just being friends with Liz?

Please comment/vote?

Hugs and kisses

Kathy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

118 1 16
Thea Salvatore. She never thought her life could get so complicated, in such a short amount of time, in one situation continued on. After losing peop...
149 3 7
𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐋𝐢𝐥𝐚𝐧 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐧𝐞𝐰𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐬...
382K 14.5K 50
| • | • | What's life without drama | • | • | How could you know love without experiencing heartache. |...
3.3K 449 195
I hope you are okay <3 My digital diary - writing every single day! Some poetry, some journal entries, some random thoughts :) My intention with th...