ALONE [JJK]

By StupidButCute00

"Your eyes are like smoke: gray and full of heat." His own eyes dipped into yours, his arms only slightly loo... More

Prologue
Chapter ONE
Chapter TWO
Chapter THREE
Chapter FOUR
Chapter FIVE
Chapter SIX
Chapter SEVEN
Chapter EIGHT
Chapter NINE
Chapter TEN
Chapter ELEVEN
Chapter TWELVE
Chapter THIRTEEN
IMPORTANT
Chapter FOURTEEN
Chapter FIFTEEN
Chapter SIXTEEN
Chapter SEVENTEEN
Chapter EIGHTEEN
Chapter NINETEEN
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter Thirty - Four
Chapter Thirty - Five
Chapter Thirty - Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty - Eight
Chapter Thirty - Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty - Two
Chapter Forty - Three
Chapter Forty - Four
Chapter Forty - Five
Chapter Forty - Six
Chapter Forty - Seven
Chapter Forty - Eight
Chapter Forty - Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two -Part 01-
Chapter Fifty Two -Part 02-
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-nine

Chapter Forty-One

3.4K 230 62
By StupidButCute00

Chapter Forty One,

.

SH Group headquarters.

Jungkook walked inside the building he promised himself to never step inside. Anger, anger is all that he could feel, angry isn't a good look on anyone especially him. There is a ghostly cord that grows from his bent spine and dangles over his head as some rotten carrot he chases. 

This feeling wasn't unfamiliar, it comes back every time he comes here.

"Mr.Jeon, would you like to go to your office?" The female assistant walked over and asked the moment she saw him. Jungkook usually only comes twice a week to the company, a condition his grandfather gave him when the young man decided to move to Seoul. 

"No, I would like to see my grandfather!" He coldly answered not giving the woman a glance, he was too focused on the things he'll have to stay to the old man. 

"The President is having a meeting with the new investors right now, Sir!" She added as they both stood by the elevator.

He turned to see her, tightened his jaw, and said "Then I would like to join the meeting,  will that be a problem, Miss Choi?"

The petite woman shivered at his tone, he was never like this before. 

.

"Oh it's really you!" While waiting for the elevator, Jungkook heard the very familiar male voice saying next to him. He turned. "When I saw the car, I thought it was you but wasn't sure!"

"Well it's me!" Jungkook answered the man, "Are you also surprised to see me?"

"Surprised? Why would I?" The man spoke coldly, hands in his pockets staring up at the numbers counting down. "Why would I be surprised to see the big boss in his own company?" Sarcastically, the man added.

"My grandfather is the big boss here, Yoongi.....and I hope he'll be for a very long time!" Jungkook clenched his jaw and gazed at the elevator again, he didn't want to face the man called Yoongi. The man who once was his best friend and the only older brother figure he had while growing up.

"Oho a very long time? That's not what I heard!" Yoongi raised his eyebrows but not in confusion, it was more like who-do-you-think-you-are-making-fun-of look.

"Then you heard wrong!" Jungkook stepped inside the elevator first then his assistant followed by Yoongi. "I never said I wanted to take over, in fact, everything I did until now was to change that."

"Everything you did?" Yoongi let out a poisonous chuckle. "Like what?"

"I betrayed and broke the heart of the only girl I love!" Jungkook answered immediately making Yoongi's eyes widen, he didn't know why he was surprised. Over Jungkook boldness in stating that or the fact that Jungkook has a girl he loved.

"What do y-"

"Yoongi Hyung!" Jungkook cut the man's words, it was the first time in years he called him Hyung, and even though Yoongi was still angry, the word has affected his emotions. "Will you be home tonight?"

"I am confused!" Yoongi said.

"We need to have a long talk, I am tired of this cat and mouse game we have been playing." Jungkook sighed, "this time, whether you like it or not....... You'll listen to me!"

These were Jungkook's last words before he stepped out of the elevator with his assistant leaving Yoongi questioning everything that happened.

.
.
.
.
.

Flashbacks.

"So what're your plans after graduation, Kook?" Yoongi light up his cigarette, "No-longer-high-school-kid, Jungkook?" He teased the younger male sitting next to him.

"You don't seem very happy about it!" Jungkook laughed, "Guess you won't be able to make the 'You are a kid' excuse for everything I do!"

"Well, 18 is still a kid to me....... Even the government agrees, look....." Yoongi showed Jungkook the cigarettes and laughed, "You aren't even allowed to smoke nor drink, how is that not a 'Kid' ?"

The youngest rolled his eyes, "Whatever Hyung, if you think smoking and drinking is what makes you an adult then you are the little kid here not me........the little kid who couldn't even confess to Nari-sshi ab-"

"Shut up asshole! I am sure Nari knows!" Yoongi immediately put his hand on Jungkook's mouth stopping him from saying another word. "But I swear, say something about her again and I am cutting that little kid dick you almost have!" He threatened but laughed when looking at Jungkook's angry expression. 

"I am glad I am not supposed to show it to you though!" Jungkook rolled his eyes when Yoongi placed his arm around his shoulder.

"Well...... Be a jerk or not, you won't get rid of this Hyung of yours no matter how old you get!" He laughed.

.

.

.

.

"Please Hyung listen to me for just a sec-"

"I AM NOT YOUR FUCKING HYUNG!" When the older man raised his voice, Jungkook's eyes went round and he lost his voice and all the words he run to tell his brother. 

He was scared.

He'll lose his brother this way.

"Please listen to me!" Jungkook runs towards Yoongi only to be shoved back into the floor, the side of his cheek hurting like hell from the punch he just received.

"What are you supposed to tell me ha? Am I supposed to listen to how you are suddenly engaged to my fiancee......MY FIANCEE FOR GOD'S SAKE!"

Jungkook watched in horror as the man throw things around, totally angry.

"G-give me a minute to explain!" The younger man's voice cracked up. He couldn't watch Yoongi feeling betrayed anymore but........ He couldn't do anything.

.

End of Flashbacks

.

.

.

.

"You have selected the investors pretty specifically, Jungkook! You also exposed the others which helped our business." The old man said calmly, his voice slow and controlled. "How did you do it in one night?"

Jungkook clenched his fists that were resting on his thighs, his jaw tightened at the memory and the dirty play he had to do in order to get the results he wanted. "I had my ways!" Yeah, ways to cause the biggest pain I felt in my life

The old man nodded slowly, "Yet all you wanted was to cancel the marriage promise between you and Lee's daughter. Do you understand that the profit you'll get from marrying her is much more than the investors you brought?" 

"I know! But I don't want to get married for profit." Jungkook looked down, "I would appreciate it if you keep your promise now that the deal is taken care of!" He added, calm yet strong voice echoing the quiet room.

"I will cancel the engagement between you and Lee Nari but," Jungkook's grandfather breathed making the youngest raise his head to face him again, "I can't approve that the Shin Family's only heir is living a low life of a public worker, I let your mother choose her life and she came back in a coffin ...... I won't make the same mistake again!"

"Grandfather!"

"You are free to choose who to marry and spend your life with!" The man ignored Jungkook and kept talking, "But, you'll take over SH and protect it for our family's honor! I don't want you to disagree or give me any excuses ...... I didn't work my heart out for my children to throw everything!" 

Jungkook bite his lips and looked down. He knew something like that will happen sooner or later, he always knew. 

After his parents' death, he lived with his grandparents from his father's side, they weren't poor nor super-rich like the one standing next to him now. His mother was SH's heir but she choose love over money and run away with his dad to get married after a long fight and argument with her father, the couple had Jungkook the first year of their marriage and lived happily for five years before the car accident. 

His mother's father promised not to fight for his custody, but he made it clear to the other grandparents that Jungkook will be the future heir of SH. They agreed on letting Jungkook grow up knowing that if the man promised to let them have to raise him, they knew with his money and power he could easily have the right to custody. 

But, growing up with Jimin and the others made Jungkook dream of another path in life, being a firefighter. The two childhood friends played and watched firefighters' videos enjoying every second, the dream didn't stop there but they applied for Firefighter's academy and started working together with the others. 

 His grandfather knew but Jungkook promised him to come and learn once a week to learn the business until he turns 28 and officially takes over the company. 

Jungkook did all this without his friends knowing, not even Jimin. To them, Jungkook is a boy from a small town in Busan whose dream is to be a firefighter. He didn't want them to treat him differently, he wanted to share everything with them and live like a normal young adult rather than the rich has-everything-he-needs man. 

The only person who currently knows is Kim Taehyung, the detective said he was searching backgrounds for fun and he accidentally found out Jungkook's identity. But, he promised not to tell anyone and respectfully understood his wishes.

"I have already enjoyed my life in Seoul!" Jungkook confessed, "Busan is a good memory but my future is already there."

"The Seoul headquarter is already being built, take over the work from there!" The grandfather said, "I will hire a trusted executive director to keep things in check here,!" 

Jungkook took a deep breath, he knew that he can't argue anymore. In a way, he could understand his grandfather's wishes. The company is like his child, he started it from zero and he wanted to make sure it's taken care of before he could rest. 

"Can I choose the ED?" 

Jungkook's grandfather took a little sigh of relief, barely noticeable but the fact that Jungkook is asking this question means he is willing to take over the company, "Do you have someone in mind?" He asked.

"Min Yoongi!" Jungkook answered right away, looked at the older man to see his reaction. Jungkook watched as his grandfather got surprised for a second and almost opened his mouth to argue about the mention of Yoongi's name but then he gave up. If hiring Min Yoongi will make things easier for him, then he will. "He is working here for years, he knew everything about SH. I am sure he's the best candidate for the job!" 

"Do whatever you like, Jungkook!" The man stood up, "I will retire soon, who works here or who doesn't won't be my decision!" 

Jungkook followed him and stood up also, "Thank you!" he bowed respectfully then watched him leave the meeting room. 

.

"So you want me to believe that you agreed to the engagement just to cancel it later?" Yoongi put a leg over a leg as he sat with Jungkook in the company's lounge.

"It's not about wanting you to believe. It's the truth !" Jungkook rolled his eyes, "At the time I knew nothing we do will cancel the marriage promise my grandfather and Nari's father made unless it's from one of them....... Mr.Lee will never do that considering his fear of the old man!"

"You thought about all that?" Yoongi smirked listening to the youngest man speaking.

"Make fun of me all you want but at the end I was the one breaking off the engagement while you Mr.Min just stood far away insecure and unsure of your abilities to bring your fiancee back!" Jungkook snapped at the man and watched him clench his jaw.

"Jeon Jungkook!" Yoongi glared.

"What? aren't you the one who taught me to take responsibility for my actions?" Jungkook glared back not taking his eyes of Yoongi, "You immediately gave up and stepped away, without a fight you decided you can't have her back just because two powerful men were to decide............... You turned your back on me when you said I will be your little brother forever, you blamed me while knowing exactly that it wasn't my fault, but it was the easiest way, right? ..........Yoongi Hyung?" He added.

finally after more than four years he could let go of everything he had in his heart. The moment he saw your eyes, disappointed and hurt he promised to throw everything away, throw his emotions and problems. Fix what can be fixed and forget what can be forgotten. He started with his grandfather and the company and now Yoongi.  

"It was the easiest way!" Jungkook watched as Yoongi's eyes softened, he watched as the man looked down and let out a deep sigh! "But there were things you can't achieve with dreams and hard work, Jungkook ........... The one thing that I thought of was to take Nari and run away but................ Who am I to take her away from her family? I love her to death but I would have never forgiven myself I was the reason she might lose her family." Yoongi spoke, tone very calm.

"I know you didn't have anything to do, but-"

"Why did I throw my anger at you?" Yoongi guessed the youngest's question, "Because you'd feel more guilty if I came to you and say I am fine!........... because I wasn't fine Jungkook!" 

Jungkook nodded. Then none of them spoke for about two or three minutes until Jungkook cleared his throat. "So...... Now that Nari is free and we......Umm w-we're good?" Hesitation was obvious on the youngest's tone making Yoongi smile, Jungkook almost cried witnessing the older man's smile to him, it's been a while and he missed this feeling. 

"Yeah, I guess we are!" Yoongi nodded, "I will have to apology?"

"Saying I am sorry won't make me forget the beating I received from you," Jungkook looked away and sighed, "I was thinking of something more tiring, for example.................. taking care of all this?" With his hand, Jungkook pointed to the place around. 

Yoongi narrowed his eyes, "What do you mean?"

"I am asking you to be the new ED to SH Group!"Jungkook said making the man's eyes widen, "I can't live here nor work, and you know this company more than I do............... I can't think of anyone to take the job!......... It's tiring and it takes a lot of responsibility, isn't it a perfect punishment for punching my handsome face?" He tried to light up the mood with a joke. 

Yoongi chuckled, "Hmmmm Do you have a choice?"

"I am afraid not!" Jungkook stood up, "You can start today I have a train to catch and................... a love to win back!" 

.

To Be Continued .......... 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

168K 11.6K 18
A YOONKOOK SHORT STORY! Recently dumped, heartbroken, and unwilling to move on, Yoongi spends his days wallowing in self-pity. He's trying to tell hi...
504 92 18
"Seoyoon?" You turn to look at his nervous form. You gently reach his hands and intertwine with yours. You smile at him reassuringly. "You okay? You...
103K 4.5K 34
A Jeon Jungkook fiction. (Book 1) Y/n is a mute girl while A/n is a glamorous one. Both belongs from a mafia family. Jeon Jungkook the king of underw...
252K 8.1K 37
[COMPLETED] I entered the club and after minutes of searching for Jungkook, I finally found him drinking at the bar, alone. I pulled up my mask to...