TaaRey FF - Aurora!

By Asha_PercAbeth

The story starts from the exact moment of Rey confessing the truth of break up in front of everyone, when he'... More

Introduction
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
New Characters
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Few Questions
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76

Chapter 8

1.2K 63 35
By Asha_PercAbeth

It was late night and Taani was still stuck in the college as she was writing an assignment to submit it for the next week. She still had time but as her part time work would start from day after tomorrow evening, she she had to concentrate on work too. Hence she stayed back finishing it. As it finished, she collected all her books and checked her watch. She cursed seeing the time as it was already 10 past 8.00 PM. College premises will be closed exactly at 8.40pm. So, she hurried back to the locker room to collect her bag. As she walked back towards the corridor, a small hum of music seized her ears. It was just a string wave of a guitar.

Spent 24 hours, I need more hours with you
You spent the weekend getting even, ooh
We spent the late nights making things right between us
But now it's all good, babe
Roll that Backwood, babe
And play me close

Taani's face automatically lit up. The voice… it was so soothing… And she wondered who it could be, as she had never heard any singers in this college, though there was a class dedicated to it. she had only seen dance...dance...dance and nothing else in this college. Many times, she was marvelled at the sole importance given only to dance or if any others who had interest in other activities were never found.

Since the music Hall was just 20ft away from locker room, Taani's curiosity got her hold. She walked into the doorway of Hall and froze.

'Cause girls like you run 'round with guys like me
'Til sundown when I come through
I need a girl like you, yeah yeah
Girls like you love fun, and yeah, me too
What I want when I come through
I need a girl like you, yeah yeah

Rithwik stood on the center of stage with a guitar in his hand. His eyes were closed. Ear buds were placed in his ear. His fingers worked with known ease on the guitar strings pulling a serene strains. There was no spotlight on him but he stood out in the blue dark lights. He wore joggers, skyblue full sleeve shirt and sneakers. Guitar strap was diagonally placed on his shoulder. He looked absolutely like a rockstar in the Rock concert and except that there was no people around here.

Yeah yeah yeah, yeah yeah yeah
I need a girl like you, yeah yeah
Yeah yeah yeah, yeah yeah yeah
I need a girl like you

Taani's lips widened. She knew he was a singer. But she never thought that he was such a good singer. There was calmness in his voice. There was a longing in his song. And there was a hint of smile on his lips as if he was smitten by a crush. She could clearly see his love for his art.

I spent last night on the last flight to you
Took a whole day up trying to get way up, ooh
We spent the daylight trying to make things right between us
But now it's all good, babe
Roll that Backwood, babe
And play me close

Taani stood at the door watching and listening to his song. It was kind of creepy but she was helpless. She was ensnared at the beauty of his voice.

'Cause girls like you run 'round with guys like me
'Til sundown when I come through
I need a girl like you, yeah yeah
Girls like you love fun, and yeah, me too
What I want when I come through
I need a girl like you, yeah yeah

His foot steps were so much in synch with the tunes he made. Taani's smile didn't leave her for a second. He opened his eyes voicing the next notes.

Yeah yeah yeah, yeah yeah yeah
I need a girl like you, yeah yeah
Yeah yeah yeah, yeah yeah yeah
I need a girl like you, yeah yeah

He moved his fluid body with a slow footstep. And suddenly stopped as his gaze fell on Taani. Surprise etched on his face. She was smiling and looking at him in fascination. He was used to it. But this girl was something different. Her stare just made him conscious overall.

A second of awkwardness lingered in the air. Taani was suddenly alert. "I'm so sorry… meine aap ko disturb kardiya… I was just passing by n heard someone singing... So I was just curious too see who it was! I didn't mean….to ….you know… i didn't mean to intrude…." She blabbered as he didn't reciprocate her smile for few seconds.

Though he was actually astonished and stopped the song which had one more para of lyrics, he felt a kind of happiness seeing her. He chuckled at her innocence.

"It's fine, Taani… meine kuch pucha Kya tumse?" He removed his guitar and walked down to her, still holding the instrument. She smiled lightly sighing in relief. "By d way, how much you would rate my singing?" He asked funnily.

She rose an eyebrow at him. He copied her. "I would give you ten out of ten… aapne Sach mein bahut acha Gaya..." He did. He did really sing like a playback singer.

"Sirf 10 out of 10? Meine socha ta ki tum bologe… ki infinity out of 10?" He teased her. She looked at him in disbelief.

"I was just joking" his mischievous grin came back. "Tum abi tak college mein Kya Kar rahe ho?" It was his turn to question her. "Kahi mujhe follow toh nahi Kar rahi ti?" He again teased her. "Funny" she bobbed her head at his flirtatious behaviour. She usually wouldn't like if any guy flirted with her. But this guy was unusually funny and she didn't mind. She knew how gem of a person he was when he helped her in the first meet.

Both walked out of the music Hall and into the corridors. "You still didn't answer me" he notified her. "I had some assignment. So I was just completing it." She played with her fingers. He watched her through the corner of his eye. Among the highly skin baring girls, Taani was unique. He found her always in tops and jeans with minimum skin exposure. Even now, she wore culattoes and floral camisole with some beautiful floral sandals. Her slightly curled hair occupied her back shoulder. He was amazed at her organic beauty. It wasn't like he looked down upon the girls wearing short dresses. Of course not. He loved women having their own choices in everything. But amidst of it, finding a girl whose choice of clothing was peculiar stood noticable.

"Aap aise kyun dek rahe ho? Kuch laga hai Kya mere muh pe" Taani touched her face in concern. "No.. no.. Taani..  I was just thinking…" he added not voicing out his mind. She would run away if he told her about his thoughts probably.

"Toh koi aa Raha hai Kya lene ke liye?" Rithwik was concerned as it was too late. Taani knew no one would come. She has to go back alone. But if she tells him, he may insist her that he would drop. So, she lied. It wasn't necessary. She could go back home alone. "Nahi… mera Bhai would come…" she lied.

Now they were standing out in the parking area. "Are you sure?" He was skeptical. "Yeah..  aap jao…" she told him. "Mein wait Kar sakta hu tumhara Bhai aane Tak" he persisted. "It's ok Rithwik… Abi aajayenge bhai... I'll go with him… you go home…" she dismissed him. "If you say so…" he was reluctant at the idea of leaving her alone. He could have waited until her brother showed up. But looking at Taani's restlessness, he finally agreed telling her to call him if she needed a ride back or if Swayam didn't turn out soon.

******

Swayam looked at the watch for the twentieth time. And pressed 10 digit nos on his cell for the 5th time. But the call was not reachable. He started worrying. So he dialled to Rey.

"Ha bolna Swayam?" Rey was leaning on the sofa in his house. "Tu kaha hai Rey?" Swayam's voice edged with panic. Rey sat straight up. "Ghar par… Kya hua Swayam? Tu itna tensed kyun sound Kar rahe ho?"

"Taani abi Tak Ghar nahi ayi, Rey. Aur uska phone bi nahi lag Raha hai… I thought tu college mein hai Abi tak n just wanted to ask you check for her once." Swayam agonized.

"What? Mein abi nikla hu college se… lekin…" Rey didn't mean to scream but his voice did. "Tu abi bol Raha hai…" he sounded angry.

"Are yaar Rey… Abi tu gussa mat ho…" Swayam was already tensed.

"Okay… okay… u Don't worry... I'm going back to college… I'll check once and call back…" he calmed him.

"Mein aata hun ruk…" Swayam opted. But Rey dispersed him saying he would go and check at college. If he don't find her, then Swayam can come.

******

When Rey reached the college, all the premises were closed and watchmen informed him that Taani just took the route to bus stop. Rey drove his car into the pathway to look out for her.

Taani's phone had no network to call and inform Swayam. Unfortunately, she was alone in the lonely stop except for the two guys sitting on the benches. Surroundings was deserted as the result of night. She thought she should have took Rithwik's help when he offered. But she had declined him. And look at the output. Cold breeze chilled her and she hugged her body to keep her warm. The two guys who sat on the benches were throwing her a lusty looks. And she feared. Where the hell she had put herself in? She prayed internally for her Krishnaji to send a help.

And a car zoomed in, exactly stopping in front of her. Her hand went to her heart hoping they weren't any kind of kidnappers.

The door opened and Rey came out of it. She sighed but stilled. His eyes caught her. He looked pissed off. "Tumhe pata nahi, agar late hogaya hai toh kisiko phone karna hai… ya yaha bi tumko humse problem hai bolne ke liye…. Waha pe Ghar par tumhara Bhai ka patta Kat Gaya hai… tum abi Tak Ghar nahi aye ho bolke… aur mein… kitna dar Gaya ta tumhe pata hai…" he was so angry at her recklessness.

"Network nahi ta" she looked astounded. At the same time, miffed at him. He had no place to come and argue with her. She had no buisness to call him and inform. But yes she should have informed Swayam. But the thing she was surprised with was her brother was literally worried knowing she wasn't yet home. Normally he wouldn't even check on her when she's early home and in the bed. And what was with Rey's tension? Though she wouldn't give out, somewhere a warmth of relief spread knowing he was worried for her.

His anger reduced a little. "Phir bi... Itna Kya kaam karte ho tum… itne raat Tak college pe reh Gaye te, Taani…" he blanched out. Now, that stole her cord. "Kaam sirf apka nahi hota hai, Rey. Mera bi bahut kuch kaam hai Jo mein rehke Kar sake…" she bashed him back. Understanding the argument would take ugly turn if he didn't stop pouncing on her, he took minutes to pacify himself. "Okay… okay… I get it… is baare Mein hum baad mein behas karenge… Abi Chalo Ghar chalte hai… Swayam waha wait Kar Raha hai…"

"Mein nahi aungi aapke saath" she declared not willing to give him any satisfaction. On the other hand, she was hell afraid to stay back in the place mainly because of the creepy guys who watched them yet from behind. Rey looked her in bewilderment. He caught the two guys staring at Taani. He gave one murderous look and both of them diverted their gaze. "Tum nahi aaoge?" He asked her again. "Kitne baar puchoge toh bi nahi aungi…" she was incautiously adamant.

Without any further, Rey bent slightly. Taani's eyes widened. He picked her up in his arms. "Ye… aap ….Kya Kar rahe ho Rey?" She hit him on his chest. "Chodo mujhe" she glared at him to put her down. "Chup" his face closed on her and she was silenced. His mouth was mere inches away. If she squirmed any little, her lips would collide his. She stilled with no option. His eyes occupied her revealing how much concern he had for her. She softened a bit only to reciprocate a stern glare to him.

Having her in his arms at any different situation would have led to something romantic. But currently, they were on the marooned dark place arguing like two maniacs. But holding her so close gave him all kind of jitters he always had around her.

He placed her in the car, putting a seat belt across her body. His hands lingered on the clutch as his bent posture helped him to slide close to her for few minutes. She looked up at him and immediately turned away. He cursed him weakening at her sight, immediately joined her on the other side. When she tried to push the door, his lips tipped up.

"Chup chap baito Taani… Tum jitnaa bi koshish karo... mere se bach nahi jaaogi…" that words meant whole different meaning. "mein tumhe kidnap karke nahi jaa Raha hu… doors locked hai…" he served the car in the destinated direction.

******

She kept quiet on the whole journey. He watched her through the mirror glass catching her annoyed expressions. She was honestly not happy to be in his presence. And it was okay for him. Since he deserved this punishment for now. One day she would accept him back with her whole heart in place. Suddenly, her phone rang. As they were nearby to the house, network had restarted into her cell.

Unexpectedly, it was Rithwik. She looked at Rey and he watched her back as she hesitated to pick the call.

"Hello" her voice laced with whispers, knowing very well Rey would be knocked out by his senses.

"Hey, Taani… I was trying to reach you from so long… but network busy ta… I just called you to know…did u reach home?"

"Abi tak… nahi… but I'm on d way… I'll reach within few minutes… by d way, thank you for the concern Rithwik" she stressed on the word. Rey immediately looked at her. And his senses were really knocked out. Why the hell would he called her? That too asking about her reaching home. Does that mean…Taani was with him in the college? He disliked the fact that Taani gave so much importance to him.

On the other side, murmurs of giggling could be heard by Taani. Definitely her friends were teasing him. She didn't know why?

"Taani…" Wahi cooed. "It's me… Aaj tu dramatics class ko nahi ayi… I verbatimly searched for you…" he screeched.

"Wahi…" Rithvik was trying to get back his phone on the other hand. She chuckled. And that made Rey to fume even worse.

Before she could answer, Surbhi held the phone calling Taani… "Tomorrow is Sunday dear… Aur kuch bi plans mat rakna… we will go shopping to chose a dress for the freshmen party"

"Oh… really" she sounded surprised to even herself. But she had other plans too... She had a meeting with Karan to change their schedule into working out the brand Taani wanted to establish.

And at last Karan took the phone speaking to her at the other end. "Taani... First thing in the morning, we will have our meeting. Then we all can go to shopping with u n Surbhi…" He said. She could hear the excalimations of other three 'Meeting'. "I'll come and pick you up at sharp 9.30am… just be ready… okay… now go home early and sleep tight dear… abi phone rakta hun…warna… these bunch won't let you be sane… good night Taani" he wished.

"Good night to you too, Bhai" she spoke and cut the call. It was a risk to have Karan pick her up from home as she hadn't talked about her dreams to anyone. But it was the one risk she was ready to face.

Rey was honestly surprised at her. Though he couldn't clearly listen the opposite person.. there was change in voices at the other end with each sentence... they were shouting at each other in a fun way to speak to Taani.

She called someone a Bhai... maybe Karan as he was their senior. She looked genuinely happy to talk to them. That just made him feel better or worse, he didn't understood. Jealousy aside, he was truly happy that people were dying to be her friend but on the other hand, he felt utterly terrible of his friends who lost a good friend. She would have been a person to cherish. But their egos caused this break. But he would make something better if not everything between her and him and his friends.

"I didn't know you like them…." Rey asked her. Till now, herself didn't knew that she enjoyed their company. She didn't answer him. It was not needed when her smile answered his question.

******

Author's Note:

Hola! Surprise... I have given the update soon. Do read and enjoy. And Don't forget to vote n comment. Also let me know what you like, what u want to see and what more u want from the story.

Love - Asha

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.1K 236 6
Well, this is something new, I guess😜 This Five shot story of TaaRey! So I'm not gonna give you any kind of hint of the story. You should go and rea...
30.7K 2K 83
This story is about SwaRon & TaaRey, who love eachother very much but are afraid to express it. And the conspiracies of the people to separate them f...
13.4K 633 33
TaaRey Fanfiction...
17.5K 540 9
Taani came to know the real reason behind Reyaansh's decision to break up with her. Heartbroken and angry, she decided to leave the city. But Reyaans...