Always Us

By LilFluffy419

One shots of Spencer James and Olivia Baker mostly taking place in their adult lives. More

welcome home
morning buns
missed facetimes
happy birthday
anxious thoughts
locked out
championship high
honeymoon bliss
game on
twenty-four hours
tiny dancer
terrible two's
full house
coach james
mile high
stress relief
merry christmas
pretty lights
dinner chaos
temper tantrum
another woman
broken records
broken records pt. ii
night interrupted
boredom bites
childs play
home alone
snack break
balcony breakfast
big bank
happy wife
crisis control
malibu canyons
take care
pesky plans
6am lectures
pool days
new roommate
open practice
the newlyweds
attention hogs
family reunion
heavy mind
big milestones
midnight snack
time capsule
minor adjustments
field trip
worlds apart
date night
off season
wedding season
welcome home pt. ii
no boys
boys day
the agreement
not toys
bad news
sick snuggles
never alone
newspaper camp
hang up
early mornings
bedtime routines
press conference
becoming official
family business pt. i
family business pt. ii
united front
mini me pt. i
mini me pt. ii
mini me pt. iii
almost midnight
her happiness
breakup interlude
mr. handyman
evening stroll
valentine's day
everyday moments
runaway love
sister's keeper
good enough
slow sundays
at 3:35am
brown eyes
surprise surprise
spring break
young lovers
stolen memories
for you
home bound
home bound pt. ii
happy birthday pt. ii
stage five
stage five pt. ii
olivia's favorite
all nighter
sister's keeper pt. ii
big deal
study marathon
sit still
championship high pt. ii
team player
surprise visit
sunday afternoon
secret keepers
first game
holiday party
separation preparation
baby woes
first born
going slow
faded wounds
snack break pt. ii
chance encounters
utter confusion
morning champ
another one
harsh realities
back home
drunken consequences

daddy duties

4.1K 54 8
By LilFluffy419

Hearing the curtain move behind her, Liv turned to see who was interrupting her shower.

"Poopy, mommy!"

Olivia sighed, looking down to find her own eyes, on a little person's body, peering up at her.

"Fuck," she muttered under her breath, hoping the word wouldn't register in her eighteen month old's brain.

Sienna sat down on the floor of the shower and tugged at the side of her pamper, attempting to get it off.

"No, no, no, baby girl. Not in here," she rushed over, scooping up her child in one arm and grabbing her towel with the other, struggling to wrap her towel around her body as Sienna squirmed in her arms.

"Help me out SiSi, stay still," Olivia finally got her towel secured and marched out of her master bath, through her bedroom and down the stairs.

Entering the living room, she grabbed the remote from the console behind the couch and pressed the off button. Silence took over the room.

"Hey," Jordan whined as the game disappeared from the TV.

"WOAH HEY, a warning is appreciated," Jordan shielded his eyes as his sister came around to stand in front of them, still dripping from her shower, and deposited the child in Spencer's lap.

"This is yours."

Not caring to hear his excuse, Olivia stormed away before Spencer had a chance to form a response.

"Dada," Sienna turned her wide eyes up at her father, "poopy!" A grin broke out as she placed her little palm on Spencer's cheek.

"Yikes," Jordan laughed at Spencer.

"YOU HAD ONE JOB," Olivia yelled from halfway up the stairs.

"Yikes," he mumbled again, "looks like it's time for me to head out."

"Glad I don't have to live with that anymore," Jordan clapped his hand on Spencer's shoulder and headed towards the door.

"Dada's in trouble," Spencer sighed, picking up his daughter and heading over to the playroom.

"Oh no," Sienna frowned.

In the playroom, Spencer placed Sienna down on the changing table and pulled out wipes and a fresh pamper. Once she was all cleaned up, he brought out her stuffed animals, keeping her distracted so that Olivia could enjoy some more child-free time. 

Sitting down to keep an eye on her, Spencer knew he messed up. Sunday's were Olivia's day to relax and take care of herself. They had an agreement. Spencer kept Sienna entertained and fed while Olivia enjoyed a few hours completely child-free.

Most days, Sienna and Olivia were attached at the hip. Whichever way Olivia walked, Sienna followed. 

Going to get the mail? Sienna came along. 

Working in her office? Sienna had a mini desk to "work" beside her.

Taking a bathroom break? Little eyes stared at her through the crack in the door while she peed.  

Sienna was her mother's shadow. And having a permanent shadow got exhausting. 

Motherhood was hard, and Spencer knew the toll that it took on Olivia. To relieve some of the stress, he took over more household chores. In the evenings, after practice, Spencer built blanket forts, colored with crayons, and played with puppets to give Liv a break.

Looking over from his spot on the rocking chair, Spencer noticed Sienna struggling to keep her eyes open. Carefully, he picked her up, and her arms instinctively wrapped around his neck.

"Time for a nap, lil mama," he whispered to the already sleeping child.

After putting her down in her crib and turning on the baby monitor, Spencer knew he had no choice but to face Olivia. He took his time walking down the hall to their bedroom, contemplating the chances that in the last hour or so Liv had forgotten what had happened.

The room was quiet when he entered. He spotted her standing in her underwear and bra inside their closet, and slowly made his way over. He temporarily lost his train of thought as he took in her her post-baby body. He thought it was impossible for him to become more attracted to her, but the extra pounds hit her in all the right places.

"Hey," Spencer cautiously approached her, placing a kiss on her cheek.

Silence.

He tried again, "I'm sorry, I had my eye on her, but then I looked away for a -"

"She climbed up the stairs, Spencer. Our one-year old, who falls over fifty times a day, climbed up a whole staircase by herself," her tone was cold, "what if something happened. You think sorry would be enough."

"Ooookay, but she didn't fall. So we good."

Olivia snapped her head at him, and Spencer knew that was the wrong thing to say.

"One shower. One fucking shower where I'm not worried about our daughter hitting her head or getting hurt," she raised her arms, exasperated, "is that too much to ask for? "

Realizing that she had put on jeans and a silk button down, Spencer paused, "where are you going?"

"I'm going out. And I swear to God, Spencer, there better not be a single scratch on my baby when I get back," she glared as she stepped around him and out of the room.

Not knowing how much time he had before she was back, Spencer had to act fast. He paced around their bedroom until he came up with an idea.

_________________________

Nipsey played through Spencer's phone speaker as he skillfully navigated kitchen. He was in his zone, rapping along while he sifted flour into a glass bowl. Every few minutes, he'd look up to check the baby cam.

Just as he finished pouring the batter into the pan, Sienna's cries rang through the baby monitor.

"Coming, baby girl," Spencer called, jogging up to her nursery.

Sienna stood in her crib, one hand grasping onto her favorite blankie while the other rubbed into her eye, "mommy?"

"Just dada right now, baby girl," Spencer soothed her, lifting her up into his arms, "but we're making a surprise for mommy, and soon she'll be home."

"Ok," Sienna replied sleepily, her head finding its place on her daddy's shoulder.

Downstairs, Spencer buckled Sienna into her high chair and poured her favorite snack onto the tray for her to eat while he finished up.

_________________________

The sun was setting when Spencer heard keys turning in the front door lock. He dimmed the lights in the tidied kitchen and propped Sienna on his side.

"Ok mama, now remember, big smiles for mommy when she walks in," Spencer encouraged Sienna, hoping her cuteness would work its magic on Liv.

He went to stand by his masterpiece as Liv turned the corner into the kitchen.

"Mommy!" Sienna screamed, "cake!"

Olivia looked down and read "sorry mommy" written in purple icing on one of Spencer's signature cakes. She smiled, reaching out to grab Sienna who was thrusting her arms out at her.

"I missed you baby girl," Liv kissed her cheeks then turned to give Spencer a peck.

Better than earlier, Spencer thought, taking what he could get.

_________________________

Later that night, Spencer returned to their room after putting Sienna down for the night. Olivia stood in the bathroom in her robe, brushing her teeth. Feeling that her demeanor had softened, he walked up behind her and trailed his hand up her leg.

"I'm sorry baby," Spencer whispered, slowly kissing up her neck.

Olivia allowed him to continue feeling her up until she was done brushing, then turned around to face him. He could see in her eyes that she wasn't over it just yet.

"Spencer, I need to be able to trust that you'll keep Sienna safe when you say you will."

"I know, Liv, and I'm sorry. I really am. I got caught up in the game, and I shouldn't have."

"That's the thing, our daughter shouldn't be competing with a basketball game."

"And you're right," Spencer was running out of ways to say sorry, "forgive me?"

"I have a right to be upset over our daughter," Olivia walked over to their bed, taking off her robe before getting under the covers.

Spencer followed and stripped on his side of his bed.

"I know, and let me make it up to you," he tried to pull her into him, but she scooted away. Spencer sighed internally.

"How about....," he drew out his words, hoping he'd spark her interest, "we bring back a one day pass. No limits."

Back in college, whenever one of them fucked up, they'd grant the other a one day pass. Twenty four hours where they'd do anything the other wanted. Chores. Errands. Food delivery. Massages. Sex. Everything was on the table to win the other's forgiveness.

"I'm listening."

"I'll drop off SiSi with my moms, and I'm all yours for twenty four hours. You're the boss."

Olivia dragged the silence for a couple minutes, making him wait.

"Ok," she wiggled her way over to him, curling up into his side, "but I'm not over this."

Spencer laughed and kissed her forehead, stroking her back until he heard her soft snoring.

_________________________

A/N: this was a fun one to write! part two?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36K 1.2K 32
Everything started out wrong, but then Spencer and Olivia finally got things right. It was a whirlwind romance that led to a marriage at nineteen yea...
5K 209 20
Spencer and Olivia are happily married and life couldn't be better for the couple these past 6 years. They have it all. Both of them striving in thei...
2.1K 85 8
Spencer and Olivia randomly meet and have what seems to be a strange encounter. there connection is instant, neither one can stay away from the other...
16.5K 872 28
Two college students from two different sides of the country, Olivia Baker and Spencer James meet in the most unlikely way, which makes their budding...