Even More Protective Colby

By JaiMcc

Part 3-You know the drill ;) More

Alone
My Little Cheerleader
Something To Protect
Always
The Deal
What Really Happened
Did What I Had To
Nothing Without You
Protect Your Heart
Sam and Colby vs. The World
A/N
Choose Yourself
A/N Please Read!!!
As Long As I'm Around
One True Friend
The Empath
Until The End
Until We Meet Again
Until We Meet Again (Alternate Ending)
A Price Paid
Forever Grateful
The Promise
Don't Leave Me
I'll Always Come Back
The Power Of Love
Let Me Love You
Unbreakable
Crazy In Love
Annoucement!
Part 1: No Matter What
Part 2: No Good Deed
Part 3: Everything I Have
MINE
Not This Time
Never Over
Carry On
Brotherly Bond
Riled Up
Stay Close
Best Part Of Me
Onward and Upward
The Beginning Of The End
Whatever It Takes
The Answer
You Don't Know Crazy
Paranoid?
For Love
The Countdown
The Choice
The Consequences
Lingering
Loud And Clear
Under Pressure
Face Your Phobia
At All Costs

Lost Love

714 8 0
By JaiMcc

Sam and Colby were on their final trip with Josh and Seth. They were headed to some caves they had found deep in the woods. When they had asked the locals about the rumors surrounding this place, they were told that supposedly the ghost of a widow haunts these caves. Many explorers have ventured deep into these caves, many had gone missing, and those who did make it out, refused to talk about what they saw, the trauma being too much to bear. This was exactly the type of place that Sam and Colby loved to explore, and though the stories were scary, they weren't gonna let that stop them.

When they reached the entrance of the cave, they took out their flashlights and made their way in. Apart from different noises here and there, they weren't anything too scary. They had called out to the ghost of the widow, named Jane, several times and could've sworn they heard the response of a woman's voice in the distance. With each step the cave got deeper and they went up several levels. Eventually, they came to a spot with a hole in the ground that looked to be about an 8-foot drop. Anyone who fell down there, would surely be badly injured, or worse, but these boys had no fear. Colby, Josh and Seth sat on the edge of the hole, their feet dangling over the edge as they looked below, seeing nothing but solid ground below them.

Sam did a panorama around them, they all looked up to say Hello to the camera. Then Colby and Sam switched spots. Colby now had the camera, and Sam sat on the edge as he smiled at the camera and this was when things started to go wrong! They neglected to see the figure of a woman crawling her way up through the hole, until she grabbed Sam's ankle, and he slipped off of the edge. He managed to grab the side of the cliff, but this woman still had a firm hold on him.

" Holy shit!" yelled Colby, as he dropped the camera, and ran towards Sam.

Josh, Seth and Colby scrambled to pull Sam up, using all of their strength, they were able to pull him up and out, but the woman refused to let go, her dead eyes staring up at them and her snarling echoing around them.

While Josh and Seth pulled Sam to safety, Colby used his foot to get the woman to release her hold on Sam. He succeeded and they were able to pull Sam up to safety and away from the edge as the woman scampered back down the way she had come. They all panted heavily, and let out a huge breath as they smiled at each other. Just then a hand shot out and wrapped around Colby's ankle. He fell to the ground as he was dragged towards the edge of the cliff. The three boys rushed towards him but were too late as he lost his grip on the edge and hit the bottom with a huge thud, smacking his head on the ground. His vision was blurry as he looked up at the dead appearance of the woman as she dragged him by his ankle down the tunnel.His screams echoed off the cave walls. Colby attempted to kick at her, but the fight in him was fading, his aim was off and he felt himself slipping out of consciousness as the woman quickly dragged him out of sight. Sam stopped at the edge of the cliff.

"NOOOOO!" he shouted. "COLBYYYYYY??!!" There was no response. Just silence as the three boys stared in disbelief.

Colby's eyes fluttered open, his vision blurry. When his sight finally adjusted, he was able to feel the pain again as well. The cuts and scrapes from his fall, and the pain from being dragged stung all over and his head pounded. He reached up and felt the dried blood on his head. He noticed that while his hands were free, his feet were shackled tightly to the cave wall. He attempted to stand, but didn't even make it halfway before he sunk to the ground in dizziness. Colby looked around him, he was still in the cave, this time in a more open area, with a waterfall, the sound of it being the only sound for miles.

He looked up as he heard someone coming, hoping maybe it was Josh, Seth or Sam. Instead he looked up once again into the eyes of this woman. She looked dead, but she wasn't. Colby thought she had been a ghost, but he was wrong, this woman was living, even if she didn't look like it. She stumbled slowly over to Colby's position, and crouched down to his level. Colby scooted away from her as she stared at him curiously. Colby glared at her, praying that this wasn't the moment she would kill him. He figured if she wanted to, she would've done so already, so what did she want?

She carefully cupped the side of Colby's face and caressed his cheek with her thumb. She was gentle and loving. She removed her hand from Colby's face and stood up, fetching a cup of water. She handed it to Colby. He wasn't sure whether or not he should drink it.

" Don't worry, my love," she said. " I promise it will not poison you."

Colby reluctantly took a drink, the fresh water soothing his aching and dried throat. The woman then took a wet cloth in her hand and began to clean Colby's wounds. She smiled lovingly at him while she gently dabbed the cloth across his head. Now that Colby had seen her up close, she didn't look super scary, mostly just dirty, and her dress was torn and ripped in many spots. She looked young, maybe mid-to-late twenties. Her long brown hair was messy, and her pale face was covered in dirt, as if she had been hidden away in the cave a long time. She had bright brown eyes, which Colby noticed right away. Colby couldn't help but wonder how she had managed to stay alive down in these caves for so many years. She looked thin, but Colby could tell that she had definitely been eating some things down here, and Colby shuttered to think of what it could be.

"Does that feel better, my love?" she asked.

Colby wasn't sure how to respond. " Uhhh, yeah," he said hesitantly.

" I'm not going to hurt you, you know," she reassured him. " I want you to be happy."

" Umm, okay," said Colby. "Is...is your name Jane?"

" You know," she said. " I didn't think anyone remembered me. For years I've been trapped down here, waiting for my love to come back to me, he never did, but that's alright, I've found a new love, I can be happy again."

Colby quickly realized what she meant. For years, the people of this town had believed Widow Jane to be a ghost, but she wasn't. She was a living woman, who had simply been missing for years. Hiding out in this cave and lying in wait for the perfect person to be hers, and to replace her lost love. It all made sense now.

" I'm sorry," said Colby. " I can't stay here. You have to let me go, Jane."

" NOOO!" she shouted.

Colby flinched as Jane looked furiously at him. She then calmed herself and smiled.

" You are to stay here with me, my love," she said. " You'll stay here, and we'll be happy again. Together, forever!"

Colby was speechless, all he could do was stare at her in disbelief.

Sam, Josh and Seth made their way through the tunnels. They had immediately found a safer way to the level below and were hoping that Colby was somewhere down there. Sam was a couple feet in front of Josh and Seth, frantically searching all over for any sign of his best friend. He suddenly stopped in his tracks as his light hit the ground of the cave. Josh and Seth stopped behind him, moving their gaze to the spot on the floor where Sam was looking as tears filled his eyes. The trail of blood on the floor led further into the cave.

" Sam..." said Seth, as he placed a hand on Sam's shoulder. Sam brushed it off.

" We should keep going," said Sam, subtly wiping away his tears.

Josh and Seth knew better than to say anything. They instead followed quietly behind Sam as they made their way deeper into the tunnels.

Jane had since sat down in front of Colby. She grabbed his hands and smiled at him.

" What is your name?" she asked.

" It's Colby," he replied.

"Colby," she repeated. " Beautiful, indeed!"

Colby gave her a small smile. More so to not piss her off than for her compliment.

"Tell me about yourself, Colby," she said.

Colby was starting to feel as if he was on the most awkward date ever, he didn't want to play into this woman's fantasy, but saw no other choice. If this is what he had to do to stay alive and keep her calm, he would do it. At least until his friends got here. When Colby had pictured finding a girlfriend, this is not at all what he had in mind.

" Well, I'm from Los Angeles," he started.

" City of The Angels," she replied.

"Yes," said Colby.

" I'd assume that place is like heaven?" she asked.

" It can be," Colby answered. " For the right people."

Jane smiled. "Perhaps I will visit this City of Angels one day," she said, " and I may thank them for bringing you to me."

" Well, it's not exactly like that," said Colby. He had to do his best to stall. "Listen Jane, I really do need to get back to my friends."

" What are friends?" asked Jane.

" Oh, well friends are like family that you get to choose," said Colby. " People who look out for you, are there when you need someone to talk to."

" These friends of yours, you love them?" asked Jane.

" Well...yes, in a way," said Colby.

" Then, you and I shall be friends too," said Jane. " That way you can love me as well."

" I don't think you completely understand," explained Colby.

Just then Colby looked to the wall on the other side of the cave. On it, he saw a key hanging from a small hook. It had to be the key to the shackles. Colby had a thought. Maybe if he played along well enough, he could convince Jane to release him, and then get the upper hand over her.

" So Jane," said Colby. " Did I already tell you how beautiful you are?"

Jane smiled widely. " You think I'm beautiful?" she asked.

" Of course I do," said Colby, smiling.

" Oh thank you, my love," said Jane.

" Say, if we're going to be together forever," started Colby. " Do you think maybe you could release me?"

Jane's smile disappeared. " I can't," she said. " If I do, you'll leave me."

" Please," said Colby. " It would make me very happy. What do you say?"

" Promise me you won't leave?" asked Jane.

" I promise," said Colby, caressing Jane's face.

Jane smiled and stood up, she made her way over to the key and took it from the hook. Just then, Colby heard a voice echoing through the halls of the tunnel.

"Colby!" the voice shouted. It was Sam.

Jane's eyes grew wide, and she returned the key to the hook.

" Who is that?" she asked angrily.

She turned to face Colby. " Answer me!" she said.

Colby said nothing, he simply stared in fear, as the footsteps came closer.

" It's your friends. They've come to take you away from me haven't they?" she asked. " I won't let them!"

Jane stumbled over to the edge of the cave. Colby couldn't see what she was searching for, when suddenly, his eyes widened in horror as it came into view. Jane was holding a machete. She quickly stumbled her way over to the section of the cave where the voices echoed, getting closer and closer.

" Colby!" Sam shouted once again.

"Sam!" he shouted. " Don't come any closer."

"Colby?" Sam answered. " Is that you? Where are you?"

Colby heard the pounding footsteps running down the cave towards him. As Sam, Josh and Seth came into view, they rounded the corner and locked eyes with Colby.

" Guys nooooo!" yelled Colby.

Before they could react, Jane had thrown herself at the three boys. She waved and swung her machete all over, the three boys doing their best to dodge it. She grazed Seth's arm and he stepped back, wincing as he clenched his bleeding arm. Josh jumped at her, attempting to restrain her. She screamed and threw Josh to the ground, he bumped his head and fell unconscious. For such a fragile and petite woman, she did put up a fight. The power of love could turn even the most fragile human into a beast and Jane was determined not to lose her new love. She stood protectively in front of Colby, her machete raised.

Sam raced towards her, grabbing her hand and moving the machete above her head. He wrestled with her as she attempted to bring the machete down on Sam. The balde inching closer to his face. He did his best to restrain her, but Jane got the upper hand, and twisted Sam's wrist, giving her the opening she needed to take him down. She pushed him roughly, he slammed into the wall and he fell to the ground. As he sat up, Jane came towards him, the machete raised high above her head, ready to bring it down on him.

" Perhaps with you out of the way," started Jane. "Colby will be able to love me properly."

"Jane, no! Don't!" shouted Colby.

"Colby,  you're supposed to love me," screamed Jane. " With him here, your love will never fully be mine. Your friends must die."

Jane looked down at Sam. " It's the only way, I will not lose him again," she said, nearly crying. She screamed as she prepared to bring the machete down on Sam.

" Wait!" shouted Colby. Jane stopped mid air, her hands shaking as she held the machete.

" You want me to be happy right?" said Colby. " You want me to like you? Killing my friends won't make me like you."

"They want to take you away from me," she said. " I don't want that pain again, I can't bear it. I need you to love me!"

" I know how you feel," said Colby calmingly. "Losing someone like that, it's the most painful feeling in the world, Jane, I know you don't want to hurt anybody, but taking away the people I love will hurt me, and I know you wouldn't wish that pain on anyone else."

Colby saw the look in Jane's eyes. She pondered what Colby was saying. Sam looked up at her and then quickly shot his gaze towards Colby. Jane stared down at him in anger, still ready to bring the machete down on Sam at any moment.

" Jane....please," pleaded Colby.

Jane's hands shook above her as she held the machete tightly. Sam braced himself, breathing heavily as he looked up at the woman, afraid to move even a muscle. Jane suddenly let the machete fall from her hands, the sound of it clanking against the floor of the cave. She sank to her knees, and weeped into her hands. Sam carefully and reluctantly stood up, and looked at Colby. He gestured to the wall behind Sam, he turned and saw the key hanging from the hook. Sam ran to grab the key on the wall at the other side of the cave and went to release Colby. Sam helped Colby up and they rushed over to Seth, who was crouching at Josh's side.

"He's alive," said Seth. They looked at each other and then all three of them looked over at the woman, still weeping on the floor of the cave.

Colby stood up quickly, still looking at Jane. Sam placed a hand on Colby's shoulder as he stood, but Colby assured him it was okay. He carefully made his way over to Jane and crouched in front of her. He placed a hand on her shoulder and she peeked up to look at Colby, halting her crying for a moment. Then Colby did something unexpected. He brought her into a hug. Jane was in disbelief, she sank sadly into Colby's arms and wrapped her hands around his body, hugging him tightly as tears rolled down her cheeks.

" I just wanted someone to love me again," she whispered.

" It's alright," said Colby. " I've got you." Jane sobbed quietly into Colby's shoulder.

Sam and Colby stood at the entrance of the cave. Josh had regained consciousness and was being treated by some paramedics, while Seth was having his wound cleaned and bandaged as well. The boys watched as Jane was led out of the cave by several doctors and police officers. She had handcuffs on to restrain her, but she was done putting up a fight. A female cop carefully put a blanket around the woman, she had also been given some food and water. The female cop then gently placed her in the back of the police car. She turned her head to the window, and stared at Colby, who met her gaze. A small smile formed on her lips, and Colby could see the apologetic look in her eyes. The police cars took off, sirens blaring.

" What do you think is gonna happen to her?" asked Sam.

" Hopefully, she'll get the help that she needs," replied Colby.

Sam looked at Colby, he saw that look in Colby's eyes. The look he got when he's felt as though he's let someone down, or when he failed to help someone.

" You okay?" asked Sam.

" I just feel so bad for her," said Colby. "All these years, all she ever wanted was to be happy. Instead, she was trapped in this cave, nobody came looking for her. She lost everything. I just wish I could've done something to help her."

" You did," said Sam. " You got her out, got through to her. She may have a long way to go, but hopefully she'll be able to reintegrate back into society and start a new life. Start over, find love again. Real love."

"Yea, I hope so," said Colby.

Sam, Josh, Seth and Colby had no idea on how they'd be able to explain this one to the fans. That night at the hotel was quiet. Everyone was still trying to process what had happened. Getting to sleep that night was hard. All Colby could think about was Jane, as delusional as she was, he really did hope that she could get help and hopefully find her way in life again. Find love. He knew what it was like, having that feeling of wanting to find love. Feeling like he was never going to have that. It was a scary feeling. He wouldn't wish it on anybody. He only prayed that someday, she would find it, that both of them would.

A couple months later, Colby was at home, just lounging around while Sam had gone out to run some errands. He had the TV on as background noise when something suddenly caught his eye. It was a woman, she sat in the chair across from the interviewer on the TV. Colby grabbed the remote and turned up the volume. He had to admit, he didn't recognize her immediately at first, but then, he saw those bright brown eyes. That's when he knew it was Jane.

"Here we have the woman famously known as Widow Jane," said the interviewer. " The woman's story made headlines after she was discovered in a cave by several explorers months ago. Since then she has been rehabilitated and given a new life. Tell us, Widow Jane, what has this experience been like for you?"

" It's actually just Jane now," replied Jane, " and this experience has been amazing. Everyone has been so kind to me, helping me reintegrate into society and start a new life. I'm so grateful for all the chances and opportunities that I have been given, and even though I have no immediate family left, I know that I'll be okay. I want to say "Thank you" to everyone, but especially to Colby. Colby, wherever you are, if you're listening, I want to say "Thank You," for getting me out of there, but most importantly, for showing me what real love and kindness looks like. Someday, I hope to find a love like that. A love that is genuine. I hope one day we can meet again, and maybe we can be friends. I'll never forget what you did for me, I just hope that one day, I can repay you."

Colby smiled as he watched the TV. He was happy to know that Jane was doing okay, and secretly he also hoped that maybe one day, they would meet again. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.1K 886 84
J'me souviens un jour je suis revenu de cours et un con m'a parlé. //update tous les deux jours// //avec colby brock//
212K 6.9K 61
Ils ne sont que deux inconnus, mais un soir de Saint Valentin ils vont se retrouver coincés ensemble dans un ascenseur. Mais l'histoire ne s'arrête p...
312K 10.5K 57
« Plus personne n'aura la capacité de me blesser, plus personne n'en aura le pouvoir. » Vivre seule, être indépendante et ne jamais baisser sa garde...
385K 20.6K 193
J'ai eu besoin d'un 3eme tome,j'assume pas.