3 Paths to Love

By MimSSog

Three omega brothers, Taeyong, Seunghyeon, and Myungsuk, set out to navigate three very different life stages... More

Author Notes - Awards
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Extra: Wishes
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Special: To Fight like a Pirate [Seunghyeon x Kwangsun]
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Special: Little Red Riding Hood AU [Seunghyeon & Kwangsun] (18+)
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Autism Acceptance Month
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Q&A Announcement
Chapter 31
Q & A
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Hiatus Update
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 46
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58 (Part 1/2)
Chapter 58 (Part 2/2)
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61

Chapter 47

68 10 2
By MimSSog

Seunghyeon hiked up his embroidered shorts and smoothed out the matching, military-style blazer. "Don't you think it's too much?" he asked, running his fingers against the fine gold details, popping against the black fabric.

"No way," Taeyong said from Seunghyeon's bed. "You look amazing. Plus, Chanri wants you to wear it."

"Right."

After Taeyong told Chanri that Seunghyeon would go instead of him, she sent over one of her new pieces for him to wear. It fit Seunghyeon like a glove and made him look like a million bucks. But that was what worried him.

Shaking his head, Seunghyeon fluffed his hair and helped Taeyong to his feet. "I'm going to say goodbye to Myungsuk," Seunghyeon said as they stepped out of his room.

Seunghyeon waited until Taeyong went ahead and was out of sight before gently knocking on Myungsuk's door.

"Come in," Myungsuk's voice croaked out.

Sighing, Seunghyeon cracked open the door, side-stepping inside. Myungsuk peeked up from his desk, wrapped around in his duvet. He blinked and smiled softly. "You look really pretty, Hyung."

Seunghyeon shuffled his feet. "Thanks." He walked over and rested his chin on top of Myungsuk's head. "I just wanted to see how you were before I go."

"You wanted to see how I was?" Myungsuk repeated and sighed. "I'm okay." He gestured to his laptop in front of him. "Insoo is better too."

Seunghyeon glimpsed at the chat on-screen and smirked at all the emojis. He nuzzled Myungsuk's hair, letting out his scent as he pulled away. "I'll see you tonight."

Myungsuk gave him a little wave. "Have fun."

Nodding, Seunghyeon closed the door behind him and headed down the hall. He took a deep breath. At least they were doing better.

Taeyong's laugh echoed through the house and Seunghyeon raised his eyebrow as he turned the corner into the foyer.

On the landing, Kwangsun stood, laughing along with Taeyong. His face was glowing with his hair tied back in a short ponytail. And his suit...

"Hey, kitty!"

Seunghyeon jumped, his eyes flicking back up to meet Kwangsun's dopey grin. Seunghyeon's heart skipped.

"Uh"–Seunghyeon padded over–"Hey Sunny," he said and cleared his throat. "You clean up nice."

"So do you," Kwangsun said and Seunghyeon fought the urge to mess with his hair.

"Seunghyeon, I was just telling Kwangsun he looks incredible," Taeyong said and reached over to the silk scarf tied over Kwangsun's shoulder. The intricate gold and black print on it made him look absolutely regal.

Kwangsun chuckled and nodded. "That's the plan. I didn't want to just wear a boring black suit. Plus''–Kwangsun winked at Seunghyeon–"I wanted to match."

Seunghyeon's cheeks heated up, and he bit back a smile.

"Oh, that's cute," Taeyong giggled. "But you didn't have to. People might get the wrong idea."

Seunghyeon squinted at Taeyong before Kwangsun chuckled. "I want Kim Chanri to know who I'm there with." Kwangsun held his fist up, triumphantly. "And then maybe I'll have the chance to give her my card."

Taeyong burst out laughing. "I still can't believe you're her fan."

Seunghyeon took a deep breath and shook his head. He stepped down as he slipped on his knee-high boots. It wasn't like Seunghyeon wanted Kwangsun to admit this was a date. Seunghyeon shook his head. That would be too embarrassing.

"What?" Kwangsun smirked. "Her stuff is top-notch. The fact we're going to one of her shows is just–"

Seunghyeon smacked his shoulder, cracking a smile. "Okay, fanboy. Calm down,"

"She'll be very happy to hear that, Kwangsun," Taeyong said and opened the door. "Now you two have fun. And be on your best behaviour." Taeyong gave Seunghyeon a pointed look. "Best behaviour."

Seunghyeon purses his lips. "Fine." He wraps his hand around Kwangsun's arm. "Ready to go?"

Kwangsun nodded and looked over his shoulder. "Thanks again, Taeyong-nim. See you later," he said and led Seunghyeon down the hall.

As they stepped into the elevator, Seunghyeon brushed his fingers against the velvet of Kwangsun's blazer.

"What's up, Kitty?"

"Hm?" Looking up, Seunghyeon studied Kwangsun's expression. Collected, yet playful. Not an ounce of nerves on his face. Was Kwangsun always this calm on a date? Or was Seunghyeon overthinking this?

Seunghyeon sucked in his breath and shook his head. "Nothing." Seunghyeon stood up straighter, putting on a smirk. "Just thinking about the food that'll be there."

Seunghyeon and Kwangsun followed the event planner inside, the lights already dimmed and most of the seats around the U-shaped stage filled. They had missed the pre-show drinks thanks to the traffic.

"Here are your seats," the planner said in a hushed tone, gesturing to the two front-row seats. They thanked her and promptly sat down.

"At least we have reserved seats," Kwangsun whispered before grinning at the stage. "And front row too."

Seunghyeon grinned and nudged his shoulder. "Chanri likes to spoil Hyung."

Kwangsun sniggered. "I can tell."

Smiling, Seunghyeon shifted in his seat and scanned the audience.

He barely recognized anyone, and the ones he did, he forgot their names. Pursing his lips, Seunghyeon jerked when he caught someone staring at him across the runway. Seunghyeon furrowed his brows at the man; it was too dark to make out any distinguishable features.

As the upbeat music started, Seunghyeon tore away and focused on the first dress.

The midnight blue chiffon gown flowed as the model moved with confidence. The bell skirt, reminiscent of a hanbok, with the bandeau top updated tradition into something new and luxurious.

As the model passed them, Seunghyeon gaped, his stomach dropped. Painted on her exposed nape was a red heart, where a bite mark would be. A bite mark only an alpha can give an omega.

"Look at that one," Kwangsun whispered, pointing to the next gown. Blinking, Seunghyeon focused on the ornately embroidered black and gold gown. The work on it was strikingly similar to his own suit.

"It's really cool," Seunghyeon whispered back, unable to look away from the model's nape, also painted with a heart.

His own nape started to itch. And he scratched until the skin went raw. Not that anyone noticed.

Seunghyeon grabbed the beer from the bar counter, chugging it for a good few seconds before pulling back with a sigh.

"Woah there." Kwangsun laughed. "You okay?" he asked, cradling his own beer glass.

Seunghyeon nodded. "Yeah. Just need a little courage," he said and took a more polite sip. The post-show was in the next room over, with a bar, live music, and the models walking around for the dresses to be admired up close by the crowd. "Is it me or does it seem like there are more people?"

Kwangsun shrugged. "It was dark in there. We couldn't tell."

Scrunching up his nose, Seunghyeon held the back of Kwangsun's sleeve. If Taeyong was here, he would've greeted everyone by now.

"Don't be nervous, kitty," Kwangsun whispered with a warm smile.

Seunghyeon blushed with his head against his arm. "I'm not." I'm okay as long as I'm with you.

"Oh, there you are!" Chanri's voice rang out and Seunghyeon snapped upright. The both of them hastily set their drinks down.

Chanri came barreling across the room, leading a stranger behind her. "I've been looking all over for you," Chanri said, taking Seunghyeon's free hand. "Look at you. You are a beauty, just like your brother."

Seunghyeon bit the inside of his cheek and ducked his head. "Oh, I don't know about that." He let out a sheepish laugh and shrugged. "Thanks, Chanri."

Chanri smiled brightly before glancing over at Kwangsun. "Ah, you must be Nam Kwangsun." She held her hand out. "It's a pleasure to meet you."

Kwangsun gaped at her before enthusiastically shaking her hand. "The pleasure is all mine," he sputtered out. "I'm a huge fan."

"Really?" Chanri grinned. "I could say the same for you. I've been eying your scarf since you walked in. Tell me, where did you get it?"

"I got it in Nigeria, actually. From a local designer," Kwangsun said, his giddy smile reaching from ear to ear. Seunghyeon held back a giggle and subtly nudged Kwangsun.

The man behind Chanri cleared his throat, catching their attention. "Oh–" Chanri chuckled. "Seunghyeon, this is Lee Doyoon."

Seunghyeon nodded his head at the tall man, shifting under his intense gaze. "Hello."

Chanri smiled. "Doyoon, this is Park Seunghyeon. My son-in-law's younger brother. Isn't he just the perfect image of an omega? He's single too," she added with a wink.

Ice slid down Seunghyeon's back and he stiffened. He glanced at Kwangsun, who was equally shocked.

Doyoon merely hummed and nodded his head. "It's nice to meet you, Seunghyeon."

Chanri clapped her hands together. "Kwangsun, come with me. There's someone I want to introduce you to."

Kwangsun blinked. "Me?"

Chanri nodded and wrapped her arm around Kwangsun's. "They'll be more than interested in meeting you, trust me."

Seunghyeon furrowed his brows as he met Kwangsun's confused face before offering him a tentative thumbs up. "You got this," he muttered. Kwangsun's face beamed and he disappeared into the crowd, his head a bit higher.

"Well," Seunghyeon started, the corners of his smile stiff. "Should I be offended, I'm not interesting enough to meet," he added with a shrug.

"I think you're plenty interesting," Doyoon said as he took a sip of his dark drink, his eyes fixed on Seunghyeon.

Seunghyeon cleared his throat. "Um, yeah," he fumbled. He averted his gaze and turned around to face the bar, looking for his beer. "Shoot."

"Did they take your drink?" Doyoon asked, stepping closer. He reached across Seunghyeon and held the bar edge. Seunghyeon squeezed into himself and focused on waving his hand to catch the bartender's attention.

"Excuse me," Doyoon called out and the bartender finally looked up and hurried over. Doyoon leaned down and whispered. "What would you like?"

Seunghyeon jumped and whipped his head around to face him, stumbling back by how close Doyoon was. "Uh..." Seunghyeon took the chance to side-step out of Doyoon's cage, Thankfully there was no protest, and tried to read the menu over his pounding heart. Where was Sunny when you needed him?

"I can't decide," Seunghyeon said and chuckled nervously, focusing on the bartender. "Anything is fine."

"Then give him the most expensive cocktail on the menu," Doyoon interjected and winked Seunghyeon's way. "On me."

Seunghyeon stared at him before clicking his tongue. "I don't think that's a good idea," Seunghyeon said, leaning back against the bar with his arms crossed. Seunghyeon wasn't the type anymore to give someone a kiss just because they bought him a drink.

"Why not?" Doyoon asked, mimicking Seunghyeon's posture, this time with an appropriate distance between them. "Can't I treat an up-and-coming artist?" Doyoon reached behind them and picked up the cocktail, holding it out for him.

Seunghyeon squinted at the swirling orange and red glittery liquid and rolled his eyes. "Is that the reason?" Seunghyeon asked under his breath, and carefully avoided his hand as he took the glass. He stirred with the straw and took a sip. The sweet orange and tart raspberry hit the back of his throat and went down with ease. The aftertaste of mint left his mouth refreshed and no burn in his chest. Seunghyeon's eyes lit up and he took another sip.

"Good?" Doyoon asked, a slow smirk growing on his face.

Seunghyeon paused and squinted up at him. "Pretty good," he said, nodding nonchalantly. "But you don't have to show off. You're not that old, are you sure you can afford to buy everyone expensive drinks?" he added, smirking back. That should shut him down.

However, instead of getting tongue-tied and finessing his way out of sounding like a creep, Doyoon merely smiled and sipped his drink. "You don't have to worry about me. And like I said, it's important for me to build good relations with new artists."

Seunghyeon raised his eyebrow. "What do you do? Are you an agent or something?" Because if he was, Seunghyeon could confidently say he didn't need one and finally walk away.

"No," Doyoon chuckled. "I'm the vice president of M gallery."

"Oh."

Shit. Shit. Shit. Seunghyeon held his breath and stared up at him. Maybe he could find a rock to hide under, or the floor would eat him and get him out of this. M gallery was at the centre of Seoul and an absolute dream for new artists. To get a piece displayed there meant you were finally a part of the art world. Seunghyeon stared into his glass, pursing his lips. So this drink really was because he was an artist. Not because he was some kind of flirty creep.

Seunghyeon couldn't switch to an overly friendly, Taeyong-esque approach now, it'd be too obvious. But glancing up, Doyoon had been watching him with an amused look, which was a relief to some degree.

"Nice." Seunghyeon nodded slowly, his eyes darting around the room. Now he really needed some help.

"You don't need to look so scared. I'm not offended," Doyoon teased and tilted his chin towards the crowd. "He seems to be having a good time."

Seunghyeon followed his line of vision, standing on his toes for a better view. Near the stage, Kwangsun was having an animated conversation with an older woman. She matched his energy in her bold emerald dress and the way she threw her head back as she laughed.

They were having an easy, friendly conversation. Seunghyeon flicked his gaze to Doyoon, startled when he was already watching him.

"Your friend seems to be doing fine," Doyoon said. "He seems more relaxed now that he's talking to a fellow beta." He scanned the crowd. "They seem to be the only betas here too."

Seunghyeon furrowed his brow. "What does that have to do with anything?"

"Lots. When you're in an unknown place meeting new people." Doyoon sipped his drink, smirking at Seunghyeon behind the rim. "I'd rather hang out with my own kind, that's all."

Seunghyeon gaped. He snapped his mouth shut and took an obvious side-step away from him, looking anywhere but him. "Okay, I'm getting some bigoted undertones here," he muttered. Creepy and bigoted.

"Ah, sorry," Doyoon pulled back and laughed nervously. "Sorry, I don't think my words came out right." Doyoon lightly smacked his own lips and Seunghyeon couldn't help but snort. Shit. This is not a laughing matter.

Seunghyeon scrunched up his expression and glared at Doyoon, crossing his arms. "What did you mean then?"

Doyoon visibly relaxed. "I just meant that there usually is more to talk about with people who come from a similar walk of life." Doyoon lowered his voice. "Wouldn't you agree?"

They stared at each other until Seunghyeon's omega instincts buzzed through his uncomfortably. At least he wasn't scared. Or worse.

Seunghyeon pulled away with a roll of his eyes. "I suppose, But​​—" Seunghyeon waved his finger at him. "Your choice of words is garbage. I still feel like I need to run."

"I truly am sorry then," Doyoon said earnestly, placing his hand on his chest. "I'll do better."

Seunghyeon gave a firm nod. "Good," he said and took a sip of his drink. There was nothing quite like putting an alpha in their place.

Shifting his weight from foot to foot, Seunghyeon glanced around. Now that the conversation was dead, he could slip away.

"Oh, Seunghyeon. I've been meaning to ask," Doyoon started, stepping closer. Seunghyeon fought the urge to sigh and faced him. "Chanri mentioned your art is quite something. I would love to come by and see your portfolio."

Seunghyeon bit back a grimace at the subtext of his request, but Seunghyeon had to shake that out of his head. As a member of M gallery, it was Doyoon's job to find new artists. But still, Seunghyeon had to draw the line.

"I have an online portfolio," Seunghyeon said and pulled out his card from his breast pocket. "The website's on it," he added as Doyoon took it.

"I see." Doyoon studied the card before tucking it away. "Is there a chance I can see your pieces in person?"

Seunghyeon squinted at Doyoon's attempt. He smirked and held his ground. "I don't think my brother would like that."

"Who says he needs to know?"

Gross. But Amusing. Seunghyeon scoffed a laugh and rolled his eyes.

"Am I interrupting?"

Seunghyeon jerked his head back, grinning the moment he spotted Kwangsun's handsome jaw. But the corners of his lips tensed as Kwangsun glared at Doyoon. Seunghyeon's nape itched.

"Not at all," Doyoon said, breaking their eye-contact first and giving Seunghyeon an amused grin. "Is this the brother that wouldn't like it?"

Seunghyeon let out a forced, anxious laugh. "What? No," he managed to say. He felt like a clown with his smile matched with his knitted brows. He stole a glance at Kwangsun. "Obviously he's not my brother." He let out another forced laugh, well, because Kwangsun wasn't laughing. Just looking at him with his jaw clenched.

Seunghyeon gulped and drew his shoulders in. He wanted Kwangsun to smile or laugh or say something.

"Of course," Doyoon said, casually. Seunghyeon had to be slightly grateful. It gave him somewhere else to look. "Well, if he's no one important, then that's no concern of mine." Doyoon continued and reached into his pocket. "I hate to cut our conversation short but"—Doyoon held out a glossy black business card to Seunghyeon—"I look forward to seeing your work." With that, Doyoon disappeared into the crowd. Seunghyeon stared at the card in his hands, the edges burning his fingertips.

"Um," Seunghyeon started and turned around, but Kwangsun turned away and started heading to the door. "Wait," he called out and hurried over. "Where are you going?"

"Home," Kwangsun clipped. He paused for a moment and raised his eyebrow at Seunghyeon.

Silently, Seunghyeon nodded his head and followed him. He thought leaving with him would make Kwangsun relax, but his shoulders stayed rigid.

Seunghyeon tugged at his collar, letting the night breeze seep in. What he would do to get out of these fancy clothes. Seunghyeon stared at Kwangsun's back as they walked down the street, his mind racing.

"Um–" Seunghyeon grabbed Kwangsun's sleeve and he finally stopped. Kwangsun halted mid-step abruptly and Seunghyeon caught himself before bumping into him.

"So I'm no one important, huh?" Kwangsun said.

"What?"

Kwangsun clenched his jaw and looked at him over his shoulder with a hard stare. "Am I really no one important to you?"

Seunghyeon flinched. "What are you talking about?" Seunghyeon's eyes widened when he remembered. "I didn't say that! That guy said it." Seunghyeon grabbed Kwangsun's arm. "How could you even think that?" Seunghyeon tried to smile, but Kwangsun's stare didn't disappear.

"But you didn't correct him either," Kwangsun said.

"Correct him?" He tightened his grip, stepping closer. "Sunny, I would have! But—"

"But what? Too busy flirting?" Kwangsun clenched his hands into fist. "I know I'm just temporary for you. But you could've made it less obvious." Kwangsun tore his gaze away and scrubbed his hand over his face.

"What?" Seunghyeon gaped. Where did Kwangsun get that idea? How could Kwangsun think that Seunghyeon's feelings were temporary? He was the first person to make Seunghyeon feel this way. And yet, they weren't even official. Neither of them made the final step. If Seunghyeon said something now, would it make a difference?

"Sunny–"

Kwangsun shook his head. "Forget it," he tsked and turned away. "Come on, I'll take you home." He slipped his arm out of Seunghyeon's grasp and continued walking down the street, leaving Seunghyeon lost, confused, and hurt.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.5K 3.8K 33
๐€๐ง๐ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฌ๐ฆ๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ซ๐š๐ข๐ง ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฉ๐ข๐ง๐ž ๐œ๐ก๐š๐ง๐ ๐ž๐ ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฒ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ .. ๐“๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐›๐จ๐จ๐ค ๐œ๐จ๐ง๐ญ๐š๐ข๐ง๐ฌ: ยป ๐ฆ๐ฉ๐ซ๐ž๏ฟฝ...
53.7K 4.6K 31
[On Hold] Taehyung is a beautiful male Omega, sweet, kind, being the youngest of Kim's, he was spoiled to the core... His mischievous has no stop! Ju...
13.2K 723 14
In a cute rom-com tale, dominant alpha Jungkook and sassy omega Taehyung navigate love's ups and downs. Their bickering and playful banter evolve int...