the purge ○ matthew

By nohanthony

in which a helpless, innocent girl has to team up with a strict, not-so-innocent boy during the 12 hours when... More

the purge
00
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33

19

11.6K 478 827
By nohanthony

19.

March 21, 2015

10:50

Olivia Coleman

"No...no, please don't." I whispered pleadingly, shaking my head while tears streamed down my cheeks. Blake ignored my pleading and just lowered his face, so that his lips were connected with mine. I obviously didn't kiss back and kept my eyes wide opened, squirming between his body and the wall, trying to get away although it was hopeless. 

This time, Matthew wasn't here to save me; my only knight in shining armour. 

Matthew Espinosa

I've never really felt guilty saying vulgar words to Olivia, but for some reason, I felt kind of guilty now. It was probably because I saw the sincere hurt in her eyes (I mean, there was always hurt in her eyes whenever I say something rude, but this time it was stronger than before). But I guess Olivia isn't really important now, because I'm alone with Bethany – and I think I'm growing more and more feelings for Bethany.

But I do wonder where Blake and Olivia are right now...and what they're even doing right now. 

I took a peek at Bethany once again, and she glanced behind us; she has glanced behind us numerous times, and I'm starting to get more skeptical and suspicious every time I catch her doing so. Was it probably because she regrets leaving her brother behind? Most probably – so that's probably the reason. But should I question her about it? 

I probably should – to be a good person and comfort her when she admits it certainly is about leaving Blake behind. 

"Bethany," I said to get her attention. She tensed up a bit and jumped, like I scared her for abrupt speaking up after a while of silence. She turned to me, finally looking away from behind us, and raised her eyebrow with a smile on her face. "Are you okay? You keep looking behind us." 

She shrugged. "Oh, it's nothing. Just missing Blake already. 'Cause, like, it's the Purge and anything could happen to him – and also Olivia, or whatever her name was." she explained and I narrowed my eyes at her, nodding slowly. She bit her lip and glanced behind us again; although, I could see that she was trying to hide a smile while she bit her lip, but I'm not sure why. 

"Yes, her name is Olivia." I tell her and stopped walking and Bethany did, as well, confused because I stopped. "If you miss your brother so much...we can go back and get them. Right now, let's go." I turn my heel to walk back to Blake and Olivia (though I didn't really want to), but Bethany quickly grabbed my elbow before I could even take one step. 

"No!" she exclaimed, and I turned back to her, my eyebrows creased in confusion. 

"No?" I questioned suspiciously. I'm not sure where I'm going with this, but I feel a sense that I should not trust this girl anymore. There's something she's hiding, and I'm going to find out what the hell it is. "I thought you missed Blake. Why don't you want to go back?" I stepped forward to intimidate her and she stepped backwards, biting her lip nervously. 

"Let's just continue walking, Matt." Bethany tried to change the subject, but I wasn't going to fall for it.

"Why don't you want to fucking go back, Bethany?!" I raised my voice at her, causing her to flinch. I didn't care if she was scared of me or not. If she's hiding something that was sinister, then I don't care about her anymore. Maybe it was a bad idea to even be interested in her in the first place. 

Bethany didn't answer; she just looked at me with an emotionless face. Her lip twitched and a smirk was shown on her face. "There's no need to go back, Matthew. Blake is safe, and I know that for a fact. Olivia, however..." she paused and chuckled while I froze. 

Bethany's words made me want to strangle her, but I couldn't do that. I swear to god I could kill her right here, right now, but how vulgar of me to do that, even though nothing was considered illegal during the Purge. "Where the hell is my Olivia and what the hell is Blake doing to her?!" I asked through gritted teeth, balling my fists tightly.

"Oh, Blake is taking care of her real good." she told me, and that triggered something in my body. I found myself turning my heel and sprinting back to where I left Olivia and Blake (and thank goodness Bethany and I didn't walk so far). I heard Bethany call after me, telling me to stop, but like hell would I listen to her. 

All I need, right now, is to have Olivia with me – where it's safe; where I can protect her. 

"Olivia!" I hollered out once I've reached the area I left her and Blake. I wasn't even tired from running, probably because I had adrenaline rushing through me, and I was more focused on saving Olivia. 

I looked around and saw no one, so I continued running down the street, looking left and right – but mostly left because those are where the alleys were, and I knew that an alley was the best resource to go to during the Purge. 

An alley caught my eye, and I saw two figures inside it, causing me to slow down. It took me only a second to realize it was who I was looking for: Olivia, and also Blake. Anger pumped through me, seeing Olivia trapped between the brick wall and Blake, Blake's lips kissing her neck while his hand covered her mouth.

I sprinted towards the both of them and immediately pushed Blake down to the ground with all my might. Olivia gasped, probably not expecting my sudden arrival. 

She watched me as I gave Blake no mercy. I went on top of him and punched him in the nose over and over again. I ignored the pain that was put upon my knuckles and continue punching the asshole in his face. "You motherfucker! Don't you ever touch her like that!" I yelled and stood up, wiping a bit of sweat from my forehead. Blake held his bloody nose with his hands, his eyes shut because of the pain I put upon him. 

I went to kick him in the stomach, but a familiar voice was heard from behind me. "Don't you do shit to him, Matthew." Bethany said threateningly. I turned back around and saw that she was in the entrance of the alley, a fistful of Olivia's hair in one of her hands and a gun on the other, pressed against the side of Olivia's head. 

Olivia's eyes showed total fear, and more tears streamed down her face as she whimpered – both in fear and pain. I was infuriated that Bethany was giving Olivia pain. "Let her go, Bethany." I growled, trying to keep myself from briskly pulling out my gun and shooting Bethany in her head.

"Or what? You can't do shit to me, Matthew, because if you do...Olivia, over here, will have a bullet shot through her brain." Bethany threatened and smirked, pressing the gun onto Olivia's head even harder, her finger lingering on top of the trigger. "Blake, are you okay?" she asked, looking past me, to Blake. He was on his knees, getting up from the ground. 

He stood up finally and looked at me with an ominous look, wiping the blood off of his face. "Let's just kill him, Bethany." Blake said, still looking me straight in the eye. He took out his very own gun from the waistband of his pants and pointed it at me. I was scared – not for me, but for Olivia. If I was gone, then who knows what things they were going to do to her. 

I will not let anyone do anything to her. 

"No, please don't-" Olivia whispered pleadingly, trying to step towards me, but Bethany held her back using the fistful of Olivia's hair in her hands. 

"Shut the hell up!" Bethany growled at her and Olivia gave me a look of sadness, and I could see it in her eyes that she genuinely cared for me. She actually cared for me, after I've treated her like crap since the first time we've even talked. 

Blake cocked the gun and that's when Olivia did something abrupt – something I didn't know she even could do. 

Olivia Coleman

Matthew and I are in a mess – that's something I know for sure. 

Blake had Matthew's life in his hands, and I knew I had to do something to save Matthew. I couldn't allow him to get killed. I actually care for Matthew, and I'm not ashamed to say it. He may not actually care for me too much, but I care for him. 

I don't know what went through me, but I found myself having courage, and I did something I saw in the movies that helped people, in movies, to escape the person holding them captive. I elbowed Bethany in the stomach as hard as I could, causing her to fall on her knees in pain, and to let go of my hair. I then took the gun out of Bethany's now weak hands and aimed it with my best aiming skills at Blake. I then pulled the trigger and...

BAM! 

Blake screamed out in pain and he dropped the gun he was holding onto the floor as he held the side of his body, where blood was oozing out from the shot. My eyes widened and I dropped the gun on the floor, realizing that I just shot a person. 

I just shot a person! Oh my god, I just shot a person! was what was going onto my mind, and I was in shock. 

Matthew's eyes bulged, as well, but he quickly snapped out of the shock he was in. Quickly, he ran over to me, taking my hand in his. He led the way as the two of us both ran out of the alley and sprinted away from the scene. 

---

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 109 19
The new girl falls in love with one of the top football players (also known as the bad boy) in her new home town, in Virginia, everyone warns her abo...
7K 313 32
When Troye goes into a four year coma that's caused by a car accident, he forgets a few things. Like him and Katrina's two year long relationship. Wi...
164K 2.1K 47
This story is about how a girl named Megan falls in love with a guy named Matthew. With problems on the road will their love last forever? MeganTirad...
1.2K 45 36
she falls in love with whom she thought will make her feel special because clearly thats what the boy who ' loves ' her told her. she hides secrets...