STORM

Por WriterNm

-This a spin-off to my other story 'Wretched Roses', it can also be read as a standalone- A moody, sarcastic... Más

A/N/Characters
-one-
-two-
-three-
-four-
-five-
-six-
-seven-
-eight-
-nine-
-ten-
-eleven-
-twelve-
-thirteen-
-fourteen-
-fifteen-
-seventeen-
-eighteen-
-nineteen-
-twenty-
-twenty-one-
-twenty-two-
-twenty-three-
-twenty-four-
-twenty-five-
-twenty-six-
-twenty-seven-
-twenty-eight-
-twenty-nine-
-thirty-
-thirty-one-
-thirty-two-
-thirty-three-
-thirty-four-
-thirty-five-
-thirty-six-
-thirty-seven-
-thirty-eight-
-thirty-nine-
-forty-
-epilogue-
Author's note
New book/Release date, synopsis & more

-sixteen-

368 10 0
Por WriterNm

As it turned out, Storm was a lot braver than Gabriella. Though she could handle most roller coasters, the ones with loops scared her to death. Maybe it was her fear that it would stop halfway through the loop that kept her from going on one. In her eighteen years of life, Gabriella had never once stepped foot on a roller coaster with loops.

Storm seemed to want to change that.

"No way," Gabriella protested when Storm led her to a terrifying-looking roller coaster. "I am not riding that."

"C'mon, why not?"

She gestured incredulously to the roller coaster, giving Storm an 'are you dumb?' look. Just the idea of getting on that thing had her shuddering.

"How can you even be asking me that? Look at the fucking size of it!"

"That's the fun of it."

"You have a warped sense of fun."

"No, you're just boring."

Gabriella gasped in mock-offense, placing a heartfelt hand on her chest. "I am not!"

"Prove it, then."

Narrowing her eyes at her, Gabriella glanced back and forth between the roller coaster and Storm. She knew this was a tactic to get her to want to prove she wasn't boring and hence ride the roller coaster, but Gabriella was not having it.

She shook her head. "No, I'm not stepping on that just to prove a point. Na-ah, there is no way I'll ever ride that. I'm not doing it." Gabriella shook her finger to emphasize her point.

"Mhm, okay. I can be very convincing."

"Pigs will fly before I do."

***

Ten minutes later, Gabriella was on the roller coaster, cursing Storm out. No one had convinced her to ride a roller coaster like that before, which proved just how convincing Storm really was. She regretted succumbing to her ways the moment she sat down.

"If I die, I will haunt you."

"You won't. By the end of this, you'll be thanking me for making you go on it and want to ride it again and again."

"Don't hold your breath."

"Well, I did already make pigs fly, didn't I? So I'm sure nothing is impossible."

"Oh, fuck off. I hate you right now."

"You could never."

"I guess we'll s-"

As the roller coaster started moving, she abruptly shut up and gripped Storm's hand in fear. In turn, Storm grinned widely. She made a mental note to personally murder her when this was done.

When it was nearing the top and they were soon to plunge to their deaths, Gabriella squeezed Storm's hand even tighter. Apparently a bit too hard because Storm hissed at her to loosen her grip. However, Gabriella was too focused on the roller coaster to pay any notice to her.

It dropped and Gabriella screamed at the top of her lungs. The sound mingled with everyone else's screams and the wind, drowning it out. Next to her, Storm didn't seem bothered at all, not looking the slightest afraid. As much as the drop was scary enough, the loop almost made Gabriella piss her pants right then and there.

However, as her brain processed that she would probably be fine, Gabriella found herself almost enjoying the rest of the ride. When it was done, she was somehow quite sad it was.

"Admit it, you loved it."

"No," Gabriella lied.

"Fine, we'll just never ride it ever-"

She threw her hands up in surrender. "Yes, okay, fine. I want to go again. You happy now?"

Storm smirked, seeming very much content with her confession. "Knew you would budge. I'm making miracles happen today, aren't I? Next thing you know, you'll willingly want to go bungee jumping with me or skydiving, I promise you that."

Gabriella, who had been making her way to the queue for the roller coaster again, whirled around, eyes going wide. "Excuse me, bungee jumping and skydiving? Are you insane?"

"Yeah, for example. Also, I'm not crazy, I just like to live a little. Someday, you'll be happy to go along on all my adventures. I also need to continue those rollerblade lessons."

"You're such a fucking adrenaline junkie, you know that? I'm on board with the rollerblade lessons, but the rest is a no."

"I never said I wasn't one. Don't you worry, I'll convert you in due time. You'll be cliff diving before you know it."

"I feel like you just want to kill me at this point."

"Mhm, maybe," she considered thoughtfully, then broke into a grin.

Despite her crazy suggestions, the idea of Storm wanting enough time with her to do all these things made Gabriella's chest warm. She secretly hoped they'd last long enough for Storm to keep her promise.

***

A couple of hours later, they were sat on a bench, shoulders brushing, face flushed with the summer heat, and munching on churros. The sun was lower on the sky, casting a softer orange-ish light on them compared to the colder, harsher light earlier.

In front of them, there was a couple holding hands. They must have been in the honeymoon stage. Hands somehow always finding each other, bodies needing to be close, limbs entangled in the bench parallel to the one Storm and Gabriella was sitting on, and kisses stolen between love-struck glances.

She wasn't sure where she and Storm stood. It'd only been a day, so they weren't quite at a place where they were touching each other at all times. They were still figuring out their boundaries and where exactly they stood with each other. It was different to be all over the other in the comfort of their apartments, but in public? That was another story.

It was too soon to have discovered how to exactly act with Storm in public. She knew Storm the friend, but she wasn't sure how Storm was like with someone who was more than a friend yet. Storm had been with Echo and multiple girls before, but Gabriella had mostly avoided seeing Storm and other girls together, so she wasn't sure what Storm was like in a relationship.

"Gabriella?"

"Mhm?" She hummed.

"You have some sugar around your mouth."

Gabriella wiped it away with the back of her hand and asked Storm if she'd got it, she shook her hand. Grabbing her jaw, Storm's eyes flickered around her face.

"You're so pretty. Can I kiss you?"

She shied away at the compliment but nodded in permission. Consent given, Storm kissed her, slowly, sensually. Then she licked the sugar from the corner of Gabriella's mouth, whose face turned redder than it already had been.

"Did you just lick the sugar off?"

"Yes."

"I don't know how to feel about that."

"I can lick you somewhere else too if you-"

She promptly shut Storm's innuendo up with a quick kiss. "I didn't know you were so dirty-minded. May I remind you we're in public?"

"No one's paying attention to us."

"Mhm, okay."

Storm pecked her on the lips then stood up suddenly, reaching her hand out for Gabriella to take. She did and Storm pulled her up. Earlier, Storm had won her a cow squishmallow, so she cradled it with one arm, sensing they would be leaving the bench.

"Let's go to the beach."

Not giving her time to answer, Storm dragged her with her. The amusement park was on a pier, so they didn't have to walk far to reach the beach. Storm plopped down on the sand, crossing her legs and staring out at the ocean. Copying her movements, Gabriella sat down and crossed her legs too.

The beach was fairly empty, most people being gathered at the amusement park. It was far enough that you could still hear the screams and all the sounds coming from the pier. However, they were distant, so that they became more of a background noise rather than a disturbance.

Storm drew figures in the sand with her fingers absentmindedly whilst Gabriella watched her silently, mesmerized. Around Storm, she always felt like she was stuck in a trance. There was something about the reckless girl that had her in a frenzy, in the best possible way.

Every atom in her body buzzed like they were ignited by a scorching flame. She had never felt so intensely about someone before, that a touch, or smile, alone could drive her into a flurry of ecstasy. It was all yellow around Storm, the world didn't feel so grey when she was there. It was terrifying yet thrilling. Gabriella had never been so soppy, she found it sickening.

The sunset reflected in the dark brown of her eyes, sunbeams swirling around her iris like a wild firefly. They appeared lighter in the faint glow of the sun saying goodbye to the day. Usually, they seemed almost jet black, now, however, Gabriella could truly appreciate the details in them. She couldn't reduce them to only a color when they were so unique in their own ways. Every pit, swirl, furrow, and rift was captivating. Gabriella was long gone, lost in Storm.

The corner of Storm's lips quirked up into a smile. Gabriella's attention shifted to them. Her lipstick was slightly smeared, evidence of their kissing. The shade went with her bright red clothes. She sported an all-denim outfit. Red denim jacket hanging loosely off her shoulders, two buttons undone on her cupped corset denim crop top, and equally red jeans hung high on her waist, topped off with chunky gold jewelry.

Gabriella herself was clad in a yellow floral print summer dress that reached just below her knees. It was tighter on the top with spaghetti straps and a v-neck, but the skirt was breezy and flowy. Just in case, she wore a pair of shorts underneath.

"You want to swim?" Storm asked, grinning.

"What about your makeup?"

"Waterproof. I wouldn't have asked you to wear a bikini underneath if I hadn't been planning to take a swim."

It was quite hot and Gabriella wouldn't mind taking a dip to cool down, so she nodded. Storm stood up, brushed herself off, and took off her clothes, leaving them in a pile on the sand. Underneath all her clothes, Storm had a simple red bikini on. Gabriella stopped her eyes from wandering places they shouldn't.

"You're really feeling red today, aren't you?"

"Sure am. Now take off your clothes."

"Shit, at least take me to dinner first," Gabriella joked, getting up from the sand.

"But I'm the dirty one?"

"The tables have turned," Gabriella replied, slipping off her dress.

Storm followed the movement with her eyes, watching the dress fall to the ground, revealing a black bikini top. She took off her shorts too and placed them on the ground. Gabriella would admit it fed her confidence to see Storm check her out like that. It was nice knowing she was attracted to her too and that it wasn't completely one-sided.

"Fuck, you're hot." Blushing, Gabriella glanced away. "You get embarrassed so easily," Storm teased.

"No, I don't."

"Yes, you do. You're a blushing mess. It's cute, though. Don't worry."

"I can't handle compliments from pretty women, okay?"

Storm laughed. "Well, I'm glad you think I'm pretty."

"It's a given. You're stunning."

Her face softened before she broke out into a smile. "I could say the same about you. Now, let's swim."

Gabriella didn't reply, instead, she ran out into the water, slowing down slightly when she came in contact with the cold water. Rushing past her, Storm went into the deeper parts and dunked herself in immediately. Gabriella took it slower, getting used to the temperature as she walked far enough into the water for it to reach her waist. It wasn't until then that she quickly dipped down, goosebumps covering her skin as she reached the surface again.

"Shit, it's cold," Gabriella muttered.

Storm was much further away, so Gabriella made her way over to her, the water not feeling as cold after a while of getting used to it. It reached the middle of her chest by that point.

"Remember when I beat you at chicken fight?" She reminisced.

Gasping, Storm exclaimed, "you so did not!"

"You're a sore loser. I totally did."

Storm brought two of her fingers to her eyes and did an 'I'm watching you' gesture with her fingers. "We're having a rematch in the near future and trust me, I'll win easily."

Gabriella patted her shoulder as if she sympathized with her. "Keep believing that."

Feigning offense, Storm splashed her. Gabriella gasped and narrowed her eyes. "Game on." Then she splashed her back. They continued like that for a while until Gabriella jumped on Storm's back, holding her hands hostage so she couldn't splash her anymore.

"That's not fair!"

"Too bad," Gabriella shot back with, smirking.

She placed a kiss on Storm's neck, pushing her hair to the side, confidence suddenly seeping through her. Storm froze, caught off guard. But she quickly recovered, prying Gabriella off her back and turning around. She grabbed her waist and pulled her in, so they were front to front rather than back to front. Gabriella's hands clasped behind Storm's neck. She leaped up, wrapping her legs around Storm's waist, which was easy to do in the water. Leaning down, Gabriella left a lingering kiss on Storm's lips. Storm deepened the kiss, savoring the taste of Gabriella. Something about Storm was addictive, she couldn't get enough. When they broke apart, they were both breathless. Storm smiled, and so did Gabriella.

Everything seemed so perfect. Gabriella could only hope it would stay that way.

You wish that was you, huh?

Single and lonely gang 😔🤚 I'm such a sappy lesbian, ugh. Anyhowwww, I hope you enjoyed Gabriella being utterly in love with Storm for over 2000 words straight (basically this entire story, pining sapphics, am I right?)

See you next chapter (featuring Gabriella the hopeless romantic yet again)

(I apologize for the slow updates, I have no excuse, I'm just usually in a state of no motivation for anything most of the time. Love that for me. P.S: To anyone reading this, I hope you had/have a lovely day and take care of yourself, all love <3)

And that's a wrap for this unnecessarily long author's note. I have no idea when the next chapter will be out, hopefully soon (but probably not), we'll see.

(why do I always finish chapters at night??)

Byeeeee!!!

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

108K 7.8K 79
In the day-to-day trenches of high school, it is almost the default-setting to believe we are the main character of our own coming-of-age story. Thi...
Ocean Eyes Por Em

No Ficción

662 36 31
This book is based off of a true story. It is a collection of memories of all of the people that I have ever fallen in love with. It will include tho...
Sun Kissed ✓ Por a

Historia Corta

70.9K 3.9K 16
[BXB] Two boys, an ice cream store and a summer to fall in love. ✩✩✩ Outgoing Tanner makes it a mission to befriend his reserved coworker Austin over...
35.7K 989 52
Apollo Quinn wants nothing to do with Nicolas Young. While 5 years ago, the two had been best friends, nowadays they live across the country from one...