Pains of Amara(Completed)

Adaririchichi द्वारा

~FEATURED IN WATTPAD'S FRIEND'S AND FAMILY READING LIST--CELEBRATING BLACK HISTORY MONTH, AND ALWAYS WITH YOU... अधिक

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105

Chapter 60

399 96 8
Adaririchichi द्वारा

"Amara is a perfect seamstress. She won't spoil your fabric. I'm assuring you of that"Lydia immediately replied.
Mrs Justice nodded her head and exhaled "I know she won't".

Mrs Justice then stood up at once, flashing Lydia a smile"I'll be on my way now"

"Thank you for stopping by Ada. Take care ok"Lydia cheerfully said as she baded Ada farewell.

There was a huge glint of hope in her eyes. Lydia couldn't stop grinning.
"I'm sorry Ada but your fabric will be destroyed"
Lydia snapped her fingers together and continued her work.

AMARACHI

"Oh good Lord"i groaned out as i slumped on Nne's bed.
I glanced at the electronic smart watch Jordan got for me.
It was half past 6.
Aunty Lydia wasn't even back from shop and Ogechi wasn't around.
Only uncle Francis was.
I noticed the way he eyed me when Jordan dropped me off.

Today was really incredible.
Jordan really spoilt me.
I glanced at the sea of shopping bags on the floor.
They were just too much.
He even took me to a boutique.
Seeing the price tags on the clothes, i let out a shriek.
I knew I could never afford it but Jordan told me to pick as much as I wanted.

God knows i have never been treated this way before.
I exhaled deeply and a small smile found its way to my lips.
I subconsciously touched my neck and memories of how he planted kisses on my neck came rushing like flood waters.

Jordan was literally the best thing that had ever happened to me.
I felt this emotion build up in me.
Is this really love?
Am I inlove with Jordan?

More importantly is he inlove with me?
Does he have deep feelings for me?
I hated infuation because they were just superficial feelings that could be washed away.

"Amara why is Jordan making you feel so restless?"i asked myself as a wide smile spread across my face.

Suddenly a knock on the door interrupted my blissful thoughts.
"Amarachi come and prepare rice and stew right now. I'm hungry here"My uncle grimaced.

I shook my head in dismay.
"Yes uncle"I replied.
They won't just let me rest.
I stood up from the bed tiredly and went ahead in undressing myself and arranging the numerous shopping bags before proceeding out the door.

* * * * * * * * *

It was half past seven.
Lydia and her daughter were sitting in the parlour discussing in hushed tones, feeling bittered about Amara's favour in the eyes of Mrs Justice.

"Mama I hate amarachi with every fibre in me. She is so wicked. You need to have heard papa telling me about the numerous shopping bags he saw Amara coming inside with. He even said Jordan was the one who brought her"Ogechi lamented.

Lydia shook her head repeatedly.
"My daughter, tables will turn i tell you"

"Mama that should have been me. See I'll go and collect those gifts. I broke up with my boyfriend hoping on Jordan and he is clinging on to Amara. What does she have that i don't?"
Lydia turned to her face her daughter who had already started sobbing.
"Don't worry my princess. Don't take any gift from her let her enjoy it now.
I have a plan"Lydia whispered into Ogechi's eye.

Ogechi's brow drew to a confused expression"What is that? Mama we've been planning nonstop but Amara is still topping us. That girl has a strong spirit following her"

Lydia let out a breathy laugh and her face wore an evil grin"This time it will work I promise you. Ada wants to assign a very expensive fabric to Amara for her to sew and you know your mother now, I'll definitely ruin it"Lydia smirked.

Ogechi's frown slowly turned to a smile and she hugged her mother tightly.
"I'll do everything and anything to secure your rights. Trust me"

Ogechi pulled out from the embrace and nodded her head. Her stomach then rumbled and she clutched on to it.
"Amara! Where is that stupid girl self? I'm hungry"

"Amara!"Ogechi yelled out.

Amara was in Nne's room, chatting with Jordan when she heard her name being shouted by Ogechi.
"That girl has no respect. See the way she is shouting my name like i am a thief"Amarachi grumbled.

"I'm not leaving here. She will come and meet me here"
Amara tucked her phone underneath her pillow.
As if on cue, Ogechi immediately entered with a look of disdain.

"Amara didn't you hear me calling you?"

"What do you want?"Amarachi abruptly replied.

Ogechi was thrown into a brief wave of shock by Amarachi's reply.
"She is now growing wings. Anways come and dish out food for I and my mother"

Amara stood up with a sigh and headed outside.
"She was definitely doing something here"ogechi said to herself.
She rummaged through the shopping bags but couldn't take any thing because of what her mother said.
She was so filled with envy as she scrutinized what Jordan bought for Amara.

"Atleast there should be money in here. I can take that one"
Ogechi went to Amara's bags but couldn't lay her finger on any thing.
She went to Amara's bed and raised the pillows up hoping to see money but was shocked when she saw the phone Jordan got for Amara.

Ogechi scrutinized the phone carefully.
Suddenly she let out a loud wail and ran to meet her mother with the phone in her hand.
"Mama i cant take this o!I can't. See the phone he bought for that useless orphan now!'Ogechi cried out.

"He even bought the bastard a phone?"Lydia scoffed.

"Ogechi what are you doing with my phone?"Amarachi asked angrily as she brought a tray of food to the parlour.
She set them on the table and tried collecting her phone but Ogechi's reflexes were too fast.

"Ogechi are you insane!? Will you give me back my phone!"

"No i won't! This phone is so expensive. I am not even using this phone and you are using it. This phone is now mine"

"Ogechi I'll..."Amarachi was suddenly rudely interrupted by aunty lydia who glared at her.
"You will do what? You this stupid bastard!"Aunty Lydia roared.

"Aunty that's my phone! I won't let Ogechi take it"

Aunty Lydia was about speaking up when suddenly Ogechi whispered"Can any of you hear that?"

Amarachi furrowed her brows at her.
"Hear what?"she asked.

"Mama that..that..sounds like Nne's walking stick o. It is coming from outside"

There was a brief silence between them.
"Yes. It does sound like Nne's walking stick"Lydia said consumed with fear.

Amarachi listened attentively and heard a noise coming from outside.
"Mama she is coming because i took Amara's phone o. Amara take your phone. I don't want to see spirits"Ogechi cried out as she handed Amarachi the phone and ran inside the room with aunty Lydia following her,both of them breathing heavily.

Amarachi stood there smiling at the phone and used her fingers to wipe off any dust of the screen.
Uncle Francis suddenly entered.
"Is the food ready?"He asked once he was inside.

She nodded my head.
Was uncle Francis the one making those footseps outside?
"Uncle where you the one making those footsteps outside?"

"Oh you could hear that? Yes actually. I was cleaning my shoe"he replied.
"Set my food on the dinning table"he added.

She nodded and tried not to laugh but her traitorous laughter escaped from her lips.
"So Ogechi and aunty Lydia were afraid because of uncle Francis"
Well she felt it suited them right.
Atleast now she knew they won't bother her because of her phone.

* * * * * * * *

Nonso sat on the sofa watching a football match as his mother sat beside him, mending a torn cloth.
She glanced at the clock.
It was 9pm.
"Nonso"Blessing called out.
"Yes mama"he replied.
Blessing's eyes roved the entire parlour as if she was watching out for something.

"What was that misunderstanding that took place in the morning?"Blessing queried.

"I dont understand?"Nonso turned to face his mother with furrowed brows.

"That your friend that came over mistook Rebecca for somebody else's woman. Doesn't that sound suspicious?"

Nonso stroked his chin as he pondered over what his mother said"Mum you could be right o"

"After all she is always going for morning mass. Who knows if it's truly morning mass she goes? I suggest you follow her but without her knowing. So you can find out where she actually goes to"

Nonso nodded his head.
"I've never really thought of this. I will mum. And if i get the slightest evidence that she is cheating, I'll make sure to send her packing"Nonso said sternly.

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

When Mary Met Halley lynn sabrina द्वारा

सामान्य साहित्य

1.1M 36.3K 61
WATTYS WINNER When her fiancé ends up in a coma and his secret mistress, Halley, shows up, Mary feels like her world is falling apart. What she does...