The Sacrifice of the Cursed {...

By JinansFaith98

The Open Wound pack has a traitor among them. One who means to destroy them from the inside so his king can h... More

RULES
WERWOLVES, RANKS AND DEFINITIONS
CAST
PROLOGUE
CHAPTER ONE
~ 1 ~
CHAPTER TWO
~ 2 ~
CHAPTER THREE
~ 3 ~
CHAPTER FOUR
~ 4 ~
CHAPTER FIVE
~ 5 ~
CHAPTER SIX
~ 6 ~
CHAPTER SEVEN
~ 7 ~
CHAPTER EIGHT
~ 8 ~
CHAPTER NINE
~ 9 ~
CHAPTER TEN
~ 10 ~
CHAPTER ELEVEN
~ 11 ~
CHAPTER TWELVE
~ 12 ~
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
~ 13 ~
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
~ 14 ~
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
~ 15 ~
~ 16 ~
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
~ 18 ~
CHAPTER NINETEEN

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

24 2 0
By JinansFaith98

Do you think other pack members feel the same way Mason does? I ask Amoux as I lay in my bed in the middle of the night.

What do you mean Alex? He sounds exhausted.

Did you hear what he said? About questioning your thoughts. I don't know why, but I assumed that only I felt this way.

Well you, we, weren't the only ones who got betrayed Alex.

I know, but I think I've been too obsessed with trying to save their lives, that I didn't consider their feelings. Just when I thought I couldn't be a worse alpha and leader.

Don't bloody say that Alex, you're a great man. You're their alpha, but you're only one person; you can only handle so much. It's true that you didn't think about their feelings, but for years, all you've cared about is saving them. You care about their lives, and that is all that matters.

Still, I feel like it's not good enough. I feel like I'm leading this pack to its doom. I don't know what I'm doing Amoux. And I'm afraid someone might see that I'm lost.

We will figure it out Alex, we always do. As you said to me earlier today, we will be okay. I believe that, and so should you. I try to believe his words, but I can't, especially since Clay and Mason couldn't make Owen talk.

I feel like we are waiting for our demise. And I'm worried that I will have the blood of everyone in this pack on my hands.

I growl lowly in frustration and get out of bed. I walk out of my room, and I immediately hear Shadow's low snores from the room next to mine. I smile softly at the cuteness of the sound, and make my way inside.

I slowly walk towards the bed, and I smile again, only this time I do it because of Amoux's low growl.

She is... My wolf struggles to find the right word to describe our mate.

I know. I answer as I make sure that the duvet covers Shadow's entire body.

I give her a small kiss on the temple before I make sure the windows are closed. As I do, I notice a hoodie of mine on her couch. I can smell Shadow's scent on it which makes me feel joy. This little spark of happiness banishes away my bad feelings for just a second.

In this single second, I forget everything that weights me down; I forget everything that makes me feel lost. There is only her and the little things she does, things I've always wanted to have, but never thought I could. Having my mate steal and wear my clothes is definitely one of them.

With a smile still on my face, I grab the hoodie and put it on. Amoux lets out another growl of content at the feeling of wearing something that has both mine and my mate's scent.

I quietly get out of the room, and find myself walking towards the front porch.

Are you seriously considering it Alex? Amoux asks once I sit on the steps of the front porch.

Considering what? I stare at the woods surrounding the house, and I try to focus on its beauty.

The insane plan that is forming in your head. Alex, it won't work, and even if it does, there is a lot we'll surely lose. It's not worth it, we'll figure out another way.

What other way Amoux? I don't know if you've been paying attention, but we're losing a game that we don't even know anything about.

We don't know nothing Alex. We've managed to disclose many things; don't underestimate what we've achieved.

I'm sorry, I have been a little gloomy lately.

Don't worry about it. But, do you really think it will work?

Once I figure out every single detail, if it's executed correctly, the yes Amoux, I think it'll work. It has to, because it's the only thing I can come up with.

"What are you thinking about?" A voice interrupts my conversation with Amoux. I look up to see Nick standing before me with two mugs of hot coco and marshmallow. Its scent stands out.

"Thinking... I seem to do that a lot lately." I answer as he hands me a mug, and sits beside me on the steps.

"Yeah, I think it's something everyone in this territory has been overdoing. I guess that's what happens when the future is truly unforeseen." Nick takes a sip from his hot coco.

"Regardless of the situation, the future is always unforeseen." I lean my elbows on my knees and I wrap my hands around my warm mug.

"That's true. However, there's a difference in not knowing what your future holds, and wondering how many days you have left. I suppose we should've seen it coming. Not the encantados, but crisis in general. We are a cursed pack, sooner or later, we were meant to be in this position. The other packs are too ignorant and prideful to fight the real war."

"Are you saying that we've been doomed from the start? Because that is morbid Nick, even for me."

"I'm saying that it's always people like us who end up saving the world. Because we don't only have to save our pack Xander, we have to save the entire werewolf nation, if not the supernatural world. We don't know what the encantados plan to do once they get what they want." His words send a shiver down my spine. So, I take a deep sip from my mug in an attempt to bring some warmth to my bones.

"That makes the weight on my shoulder a lot lighter, thank you." I say sarcastically.

"That's my point Xander, it's not your burden alone. We all have to work together to outthink the encantados. We have to think outside the box, do something unex..." He cuts his words off as his head immediately jerks to face me.

"You have a plan, don't you?" He raises his eyebrow while waiting for my answer.

"An uncompleted plan, one that Amoux is completely against. So, I would appreciate it if you don't tell anyone."

"You're not going to tell me what you're planning, are you?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because just like Amoux, you'll try to convince me not to do it."

"Just promise me one thing Xander, don't do anything stupid."

"You know that all my plans are either stupid or reckless." I make sure to not make a promise I know I won't keep.

We continue sipping on our coco until a piece of paper magically appears before me. I give Nick a worried look before I open it.

"This can't be good." Nick mutters as I open the paper.

I immediately recognize my father's hand writing.

"I know." As expected, in his letter, he went straight to the point.

Xander,

We have managed to learn both the name of the Encantado king's name, and the name of the one who is in charge in the Red Eclipse Pack. I'm not sure if their names are of any importance, nonetheless, it is still information that we managed to acquire.

The king's name is Matthias, and the man in charge of the encantados in the Red Eclipse Pack is a male named Seth.

The important thing that you must know is that Stefan, your mate's brother has teamed up with Seth. They tend to bring down our pack.

We have been trying to disclose the details of their plans so we can attempt to stop them. However, they are being excessively secretive and careful. The only thing I know for sure is that Stefan, Seth, and the Encantado king are on their way to you, and they are accompanied with an army of both werewolves and encantados.

We're awaiting your instructions; contact us as soon as you can.

Your father

"Okay, this is bad. Actually, that's catastrophic." Nick says loudly. He glares at the paper in my hand as if he is mentally commanding it to change the letters that are written on it.

"I'm aware Nick." Is the only thing I think of saying as my uncompleted plan runs through my head.

"What are we going to do Xander?" The panic in his eyes screams at me as if he's waiting for me to get angry and have an outburst. But this is not the time to allow my emotions to control me. It's time to save my people.

"I already told you Nick, I have a plan. One that may be stupid and reckless, but right now, it's the only one we got."

Alex, this is a bad idea.

We're running out of time Amoux, I'd say either we take a risk or wait for our demise.

You will be sacrificing yourself you bloody idiot! There has to be another way.

I'm sure there is Amoux, but we don't have the time to search for it. We have to work with what we have.

"Xander?" Nick's voice overshadows Amoux's.

"Yes?"

"I asked what do you want me to do?"

"I want you to write to my father. Tell him that it is time to come home. If war is truly coming, then he and his team should be here."

"What about you?" The wary look my friend gives me tells me that he's worried for what I plan to do. But I choose to pretend to not notice.

"It's time to see how far we're willing to go to defend our home." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 187 34
When the Winter Moon Pack Alpha asks an abused human girl to join him, she finds herself helping him chase a murderer intent on killing all of the wo...
29.8K 510 5
Four generations of war ended the moment he saw her. Alpha Kane has been waiting six years for his mate. Unable to search for her because of the gen...
176K 5.2K 27
"I don't trust you," I told him, refusing to go. He smirked, "You shouldn't." Arleigh Blackburn has always dreamed of the day she would meet her...
3.4M 119K 40
Every pack has an Alpha and Luna, all except for the Blackmoore pack. No, they only had a Luna. A strong she-wolf who refuses to let any man in after...