My Kind Of Perfection(EDITING)

By hein_girl

Kasei Asugh had the perfect life, set to be the next big name in ballet until everything pirouette's off her... More

MY KIND OF PERFECTION-welcome!
1. Perfection is key
2. My Crazy Best Friend
3. Job Searching
4. Hired Pt1
5. Hired Pt2
6. No Longer a Newbie
7. Going to the barre
8. Family Dinner
9. You're always working
10. Going to be a Problem
11. Jake's POV
12. I'm Stealing This
13. I'm Moving Out
14. The Gym
15. Gym//Jake's POV
16. First Time For Everything
17. Pizza Hut-Jake POV
18. My Hero
19. All these boxes
20. Intense Game of Hide and Seek
21. House Party
22. Let's Go Clubbing-Dakota POV
23. Jake's Girl
24. Date With Jake
25. Genius-Dakota POV
26. Phone Call
27. Mushy Heart
28. Who Knew Shopping Was This Fun
29. Supper With Em
30. Talk It Out
31. Girl Time
32. Or Eat Me?
33. Only You
34. Happier(DPOV)
35. Why Do I Associate With Y'all?
36.Parent Introductions
37. The Harsh Truth
38. Answers
39. California
↓↓ Exciting news y'all read this ↓↓
40. Room Service
41. Talk with the Scott's
42. Audition Realization
43. Unexpected Visitor-DPOV
44. Quick Visit
45. Finally Home
46. Dress Shopping
47. Why Else?
48. Business Dinner
49. The Race
50. The sober, smart one
51. M.I.A
52. You need help
53. How's He Doing?
54. Don't Mess With The Redhead
55. Make a difference
56. Trouble
57. Busy, busy
58. Finally
60. Breaking Ground
61. Chicago
62. Girls Night Out
63. Meeting Her
64. Walk Through
65. Dysfunctional
66. Cloud Nine
67. My Kind Of Perfection

59. How It's Supposed To Go

188 8 16
By hein_girl

"Hey you've reached Kasey Ashugh. May I ask what the intent of the call is?" Rosa repeats for what seems like the millionth time today. I'm so glad she actually took the job, because sending all the calls to voicemail wouldn't be a great idea and that's a lot of calls to be answering.

"No, I'm sorry. She's currently busy and won't be able to go out today." I hear typing as she speaks. "Looks like she has an early morning opening next thursday. No. I'm sorry I'm just looking at the calendar here..Yes....I understand, however...." She trails off. I peek over the edge of the loft to where we've set up her 'office' area. "No sorry I don't think you understand...If you come over here you'll be told the same thing...hello? HELLO?" She plops the phone down. "I think that was one of your friends." She looks up at me. "And she did not sound impressed."

A knock on the door interrupts my response. Rosa flips through the bullet journal, trying to figure out what is going off schedule, but before she can the door bursts open.

"So sorry about that, did you have an appointment scheduled with Miss Ashugh?" Rosa runs over.

"Are you joking?" Keila blinks at her. "An appointment for what? She literally doesn't do anything."

I chuckle. "Hey keils."

"What're you doing up there? What's with miss perky over here?"

"She's managing my time and I'm paying her to do so. Be nice." I grin.

Keila rolls her eyes. "I can't believe you actually have an assistant."

"I'm going to need one when my studio opens." I point out.

She shrugs. "True. What are you doing up there anyway?"

"It's the only place with a printer." I laugh. "But yeah what's up."

"Are you busy?"

"Yes." Rosa interupts. "You need to schedule ahead to make sure she has time before you just come over." 

Keila turns to look at her. "I live next door. I show up just whenever, the girls are used to it." She laughs. 

"Sad but true." I confirm. 

"Okay well you don't look that busy." She turns back to me. 

"Just come up here!" I laugh. "Let's stop shouting at each other." 

"Does Dakota know you're in her space?" She asks as she gingerly climbs the stairs.

"Well no.."

"Man she's messy." Keila snorts when she gets to the top and sees the space. Covered in tarp with paint on the floor, it's a minefield of art and you gotta watch where you step so you don't topple anything. "I mean, I'm messy but she's MESSY." She puts emphasis on the word as she wipes her hand on her jeans.

"Yeah I almost didn't live with her because of it." I chuckle. "But she keeps the common areas clean it's just her spaces that the artist takes over."

"Ah."

"Yeah, and we love her anyway." I shrug and turn back to the printer to see if it's loading yet. 

"True." 

"You look real nice today, by the way." I add, looking back at her. And it's true. She has on a super worn out guns n roses tee with fishnets that she threw under baggy ripped jeans. Her signature biker boots are kicked off by the door, I imagine.

"Thanks the shirt was actually my dad's. From a concert he went to way back in the day...but so do you. You look like you're going out somewhere."

I'm wearing a creme longsleeve printed top and now that it's getting more chilly out, I have a jean jacket tied around my waist, color perfectly matching my jeans and I have ankle boots the same color as my shirt waiting by the door for me. "Yeah that's actually what I'm doing right now. Dakota's Etsy shop has taken off and so she this a printer." I gesture. "She designed these flyers for me since she has the artistic eye, but earlier she DID say anything she can do to help with the studio just to let her know..so yeah." I chuckle. "Anyway, what's up?"

"I was just wondering if I could chill. But you look busy."

"I'm printing flyers like this is 2005 so people can take this piece off and call the studio for more info.. oh and by the way I changed my number. My old number is for the studio now because my stupid mother gave a rough draft of my business card to reporters and the number to test out the font was this one." I roll my eyes.

"Yikes. I mean at least she was trying to help..."

"Yeah but now they keep calling my personal number. I didn't want to have to change it but I guess now it's my business number." I hold up my new phone. "But now Rosa has my old phone when I'm busy so she can answer calls."

"You really have an assistant. Wow." She snorts as if on cue Rosa gets another phone call.

"Well anyway if you're here to hangout then you could help me put flyers all over the place." I grab the stack that just came out and pile them 5 at a time to cut the tear off tabs. 

"Alright, sure. I just need someone to talk to."

I put down the scissors I was about to use. Keila? Asking for help? Damn.

"About??"

"It's just.." she looks around and lowers her voice. "Boy issues.."

"Ahh. Tyler?"

She looks down at her feet. "Yeah.."

I chew on my lip for a second. "Yeah I'm not sure how to help you here." I resume snipping. 

"Has he said something to you?" She frowns. "Because I'm really confused."

"Here let's talk as we go.." I gather up all the supplies and follow her down the stairs. "Thanks Rosa I'll see you later." I wave as we leave.

We make our way to the car and click our seatbelts in before I turn to her. "Tell me what's happening."

KEILA POV

I feel like I'm going crazy. I haven't ever gone more then a couple days without talking to him since high school and it's making me want to cry. Is what I want to say, instead I put on a tough face and shrug. "He just hasn't talked to me..in like, a long time."

She frowns as she turns the car on and backs out. "Okay what happened before the silent treatment?"

"Nothing really..like I don't know JT got jumped and then when a bunch of the guys went to the auction we had a bit of a party and maybe something happened while we were drunk but I can't remember."

She sucks air in through her teeth. "Hmm."

"What? Oh shit what did I do?" I gape at her, trying to rack my brain. I know I drank too much, that's for sure.

"I can't tell you that..but it was a big deal to him because he called me almost immediately and made sure your brother wasn't nearby before he told me." Her eyes go wide as she shakes her head and pulls into a parking space at the gas station.

I grab a flyer as she grabs one and her stapler.

"Man. I wish I knew what happened..did I sleep with him?" I cringe as I say it. I can't believe I'm such an idiot. The last thing I want to do is hurt Tyler.

She snorts. "Babe I love you but sometimes I wanna slap you. Here staple this onto the board." She gestures. I do as I'm told.

We do the next few places silently as I rack my brain trying to remember something, anything from that night.

"Okay. Listen up. I'm not going to tell you what happened because that should honestly come from him, and we both know it. So idk what to tell you about the situation right now but babe you need to sit him down and have a real conversation."

"Kase-"

"No. I know what you're going to say and I don't care." She starts to get sassy and I look out the window, staying silent.

"Because yeah I know. He and I are friends. You and I are friends. But I'm not going to get in the middle of this. He was the first Hawk I actually liked and he made me feel seen and like I had a friend in this new place when I was going through shit and I'm not gonna compromise that. Listen.. you know I love you, I know how you feel and it's weird to be vulnerable when you're a badass but that's life. You bring so much to our friend group and when I hangout with you I usually am dying of laughter the whole time and one day hopefully we'll be sisters because I don't intend to let your brother go." She huffs.

I feel my smile grow. This bitch.

"But listen to me. You can be crappy sometimes."

My smile fades.

She bites her lip. "And I'm not trying to be a bitch here sorry for going off on you but you keep hurting him and whether you realize it or not it's the truth. I love you, but I love him too and this isn't helping anything. Just tell him the truth. Everything you need to say just say now because honestly this stupid thing you do where you just hide how you feel because you don't want to get hurt then you just sleep with other guys or whatever..." She sighs and pulls into another parking spot. I look at my hands in my lap. I know she's right but we're never gonna be able to work out the way i want us to work out.

"Like he knows about it, every time it breaks his heart over again. I don't believe you're honestly dumb eneough to think that he isn't completely in love with you. And you can't tell me you don't feel the same because I know you. No matter the friendship I have with him or with you; the friendship you two have is better." She taps her hand on the wheel.

"I'm just scared." I admit. "Obviously I love him. I can't remember not loving him, but there's so many things against us...like what if this ruins our friendship and what about JT and like..." I blow out a breath.

"Girl.." She leans over and hugs me. "Everything will work out the way it's supposed to."

I know she's right, I'm just praying we're supposed to be together.

"Anyway!" She huffs. "We'll talk about this later..there's definitely paps in those bushes." She gestures as she puts the car into reverse.

"Wait seriously?" I look over where she was pointing and see the bushes rustle and a figure step out. "Oh my goodness that's wild." The guy starts flashing pictures of us, knowing he was spotted as he speed walks towards a car nearby us. I cover my face. "What do we do?"

Kasey ties her hair up into a bun with a smirk. "We escape."

"We-" The car charges forward and squeals out of the parking lot. I burst out laughing. "Go Kasey!" I cheer as we speed away.

Way to go, JT. I chuckle to myself. You picked a good one. 

___________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading! 

If you've been following along on my book's instagram,

@ heingirl_mkop       (seriously go follow it!)

you'll know that we're down to the last about 10 chapters and I could not be more excited! 

Don't forget to Vote, Comment, and Share if you enjoy! 

all my love, 

cassi 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

511K 15.8K 45
From the outside, it looks like Ivy Stephens has the perfect life. At 21 she is living with her boyfriend of 2 years, and he is a cop. After another...
130K 3.4K 56
♡ Joshaya AU ♡ Maya is an aspiring ballerina who is more than ready to start her life at Manhattan School of Performing Arts. Of course her life is t...
2.4M 60.7K 44
Being a foster kid, she couldn't wait to be able to leave the group home. Finally eighteen, and the help of her mentor at the group home, she was abl...
342K 11.8K 20
HIS Book Series #1: Don't have to read series in order! :) Annie is 27 years old and has just moved into an apartment with her best friend, Rachelle...