Revenge Run | ✓

By MoonKnightess

Revenge is all both are set out for! Hate is all that drives them! Scarlett Walter isn't a regular corporate... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
1. Startling Start
2. Start of Revenge
3. A Friend and a Lunch
4. Fun but no Fun
5. Combat
6. Home or no Home
7. Tables Turned
8. Dinner
9. Blackmail
10. Fazed
11. Fated vicinity
12. A Plea
13. An Accusation
14. The Past
15. The Investigation
16. Bitter Memories
17. Birthday?
18. Cold Rage
19. Planning Next Move
20. Murderous
21. Unwell
22. Execution
23. Live Action Drama
24. Answers and Answers
25. Mixed Reality
26. Media
27. Rise of Power
28. Past Unravelled
29. Propose
30. Old Friends
31. Shattered
32. Planning
33. Second Chance
34. Liars all around
35. Saviour
36. For Exercise!
37. Symphony
38. Happiness
39. I Can't help
40. Word Play
41. Trust Me
AUTHOR'S NOTE

Epilogue

2.9K 83 18
By MoonKnightess

6 months later

SCARLETT

"Why aren't you ready yet?"

"Just give me five more minutes.", he replied typing something in his phone.

"Anderson, keep that thing aside at once.", I demanded folding my hands.

"Come on, at least let me gloat a little after morning's speech."

"That doesn't give you any right to be late for dinner party."

"My girlfriend is a Taekwondo black belt. If someone dare say anything to me, he loses his mouth.", he smirked still buried in his phone.

"You're impossible. Now stop standing there with that bloody phone like a mannequin in black boxers.", I said tapping my foot on the floor.

"Your alliterations, cheers.", he jested.

And... my side-effects are already visible on him.

We are currently in Paris for International E-Summit. Now although it was a four-day Summit, we could only manage to attend the last day because of the recent big changes my company is undergoing.

Despite me asking Aaron to attend the other events of the Summit alone, he denied to come here without me.

Since the day of Rae's wedding, he's been following me like shadow. I always used to rely on no one but me for emotional support, but now he is always there for me, to have my back no matter what.

Aaron was one of the speakers in today's final event and as usual his speech was smashing, with the crowd cheering him as he delivered the spiel full of wits and sarcasm. Now we've got to attend the concluding dinner of the Summit and Aaron isn't ready to leave the suite.

"You better get ready before I burn that damned phone.", I said in an angry tone, which he has become habitual to, and headed to the door.

Tossing the phone aside on the bed, he pulled me closer and caged me in his arms from behind.

"Please spare the poor phone My Lady. You can punish me instead.", he whispered, resting his head on the crook of my neck.

"You're making us late.", I protested.

"Come on, there's still an hour to it. We can do many things in the mean-time." His lips slowly began tracing my skin as he kissed my collarbone.

And here, the old flirtatious Aaron is back. This side of him might be new to all but me. Neither his family nor friends know that he can also be such coquettish at times.

"If you won't come out in five minutes, I'll go there alone."

"You look so hot in this dress. I'm afraid I won't be able to resist anymore.", he pulled me closer.

"Really?", I smirked, turning around inside his grip.

"Oh God, my beasts are urging me to tear it open."

I moved forward towards his lips which he accepted hungrily for a second. But before he could taste any further, I nibbled his bottom lip and pushed him away the next moment. He landed straight on the bed with a scowl.

"Ouch... that hurts sweetheart."

"Your punishment. And don't forget... Virgins till we wed.", I shrugged.

"Ugh, the promises. You're a fox you know."

"Yeah, one with sharp teeth."

"Once I'll marry you then this wolf will prey on the fox."

"I guess, before that, the fox would eat the wolf alive out of hunger."

I left the room with those words. He can be such a handful at times, but my idiot Anderson is so cute, isn't he?

#####

"Alex is married, Dylan got married last month and here I am still a virgin.", Aaron said after drawing up the transparent partition, in the car.

"Aww does that hurt you so much?", I asked playfully.

"Yeah, occasionally. It has been two months since you shifted Walter Marketeers' HQ to New York."

"Owing to which, my sister is still having a hard time fixing things up alone in California branch, and here I am going for a dinner party."

"I'm sure she'll handle it all well."

"That she will, but it is all so hard for my family. Just four months ago we had company's 50th Anniversary and two months later the shifting, with tabloid headings, 'A Shift of legacy' and 'Extension or a War of Walters'. Like seriously? They think me and Grace are in some sort of fight over the company?"

He took my hand in his and gently squeezed it, "I told you, I could have done it instead. You should've let me..."

"No Aaron.", I cut him off, "You are here. Alex, Amy, Dylan they all work here. In fact, our company too has much scope here. It was my call to make."

"Are you happy about your decision?", he gazed into my eyes.

"Yes I am, but..."

"No buts then. Never care about what people say as long as you are."

He pulled me closer to his chest and gently planted a kiss on my hair. His touch itself clears all doubts inside my heart. The doubts that aren't supposed to occupy any part of me.

"You did the shifting, all for me.", he caressed my cheek. "Thank you for being in my life, for loving me. If it wasn't for you, I had been a vicious fool my entire life. I love you."

"Okay."

"Just okay?"

"You're not getting any love as long as I'm hungry.", I narrowed my eyes at him.

"You can eat me if you want. I bet I'm tastier than your average food.", he said with a smug look.

Before I could say anything, the car came to a sudden halt.

"What's wrong?", I asked.

"I'll go and check.", he said stepping out of the car, following the driver.

I peeked outside the window to find the road nearly deserted. Only few vehicles were seen passing by.

Moments later, coming over to my side and opening the gate, Aaron informed, "Looks like we won't make it in time."

"Puncture?", I asked stepping out.

"Engine failure.", he said.

"By the time the help comes, come let's stand there.", he said pointing to the edge of the bridge we were standing over.

We slowly moved there to find the river flowing smoothly under it, looking godly below the dim moonlight.

"You remember something?", he asked.

"Sydney.", I sighed.

"That day I thought it was the end.", he spoke in a glum tone.

"But it wasn't.", I smiled, looking at him, "Don't forget the beach, the sea that brought us together."

"Hey, do you want to go down there?", he pointed down, to the banks of the river.

"Now?", my eyes widened.

"Come on. See how beautiful it looks. We should go and witness the spot's full glory if we're already here this far.", he urged.

"Um... Okay." If it looks this delightful from here, it'd be more magical close down there.

"Then may I have the pleasure to walk with you, My Lady.", he said placing his hand on my waist. I smiled patting his chest.

"And my dinner is screwed.", I said walking beside him, along the bridge.

"The thing down there is more beautiful than dinner."

"But not tastier I bet."

"Perhaps.", he chuckled.

Walking slowly, we reached the end of the bridge. We stopped in front of stairs leading down to the shore.

"No guardrails? Had I known it before, I would've avoided heels.", I whined.

In an instant he picked me up in his arms as if I'm weightless, and started stepping down.

"Good that I wore shoes.", he remarked with a lopsided grin.

"You dare drop me Anderson, my ghost will haunt you in your nightmares.", I teased.

"My my that's scary.", he chuckled. I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"By the time we reach down, you can kiss me if you want.", he said like a desperate teen.

"And then everyone will look at your lipstick-stained face more than mine."

"The man should get to steal the spotlight sometimes."

He delicately set me down, once the stairs ended. It really looks hundred times more beautiful from here. I walked closer to the river.

I noticed some tiny things flying over it. Butterflies?

"This is marvelous." I was awe-struck.

I turned around to be left dumbstruck yet another time. Aaron was on his knee. This is startling. What is he doing?

"I would never want to force anything on you Lett. You can have as much time as you want... but would you like to marry me someday?", he asked showing forth a diamond ring. I gazed him in wide-eyed astonishment.

"If I say no."

"Then I'll say it's one of my Mom's orders."

"If I still say no?"

"Then I'll be sad of course, but I won't push you anymore.", he pressed his lips in a thin line, with a glum look.

"Aww my poor Anderson. No need to be sad cause it's a yes.", I smiled.

"Really?", this time he was startled.

I nodded and extended my hand. He smoothly slid the ring in my finger and kissed my hand. I saw a sparkle in his eyes as he got up.

I moved forward and claimed his lips. He was the one for me. He is the one for me. And will always be. I can't endure any more days like the ones in the past years when he wasn't around.

For he may have his flaws, like I have mine, but our flawed souls were interlinked for eternity.

"You are becoming so unpredictable these days, huh?", I said.

"Just like you have always been, isn't it?"

"I never thought you'll do it this way."

"Had to. My love loves nature more than me."

"And I loved this. Pool, river, ocean... seems like water got the lead role in our relationship.", I chuckled.

"Things broke and sorted all under water's witness with Alliteration haha.", he laughed.

"By the way isn't this so cheap for your liking.", I played along.

"Oh shit, how did I forget that. Just a second." He pulled out his phone and waved a flashlight, and within a second the butterflies over the river lit up and came to the shore. A chain of colored fountains started on the river banks.

I was left flabbergasted. Is this for real?

"Not cheap anymore.", he wiggled his brows.

"What? Those aren't real butterflies."

"New models of mini-drones used in Rae's wedding. And also e-Drizzlers."

"E-drizzlers? FuTech and its king.", I rolled my eyes.

"Both can do anything for their queen."

"And if the queen had rejected the king?"

"I just knew you wouldn't.", he placed my hand on his chest, just over his heart, "Because this thing here belongs to you, and you never leave what's yours."

My heart skipped at his words and his faint smile. I clutched him tightly, surrendering in his embrace.

"And... Engine failure, eh?", I raised a brow.

"See I proved, you could also be fooled at times.", he chuckled. I lightly hit his chest.

"Well, good that you didn't give a page long confession."

"Gosh, you would've rejected me right away."

He knows me so well.

"I love you so much my smart Anderson.", I said caressing his cheeks.

"I love you too My Lady."

#####

With media flooding both sides of the red carpet at the entrance, we stepped out of the car. Amidst the camera flashes, we walked in with people at both sides screaming our names for exclusive pics.

These are the times that reminds ones of the power they wield in the world. Moments ago, we were just two mere lovers enjoying by the river, whom no one cares for. Now we are two CEOs, two big personalities, a highlight of the event.

"How was it?", Dylan asked excitedly approaching us with Amy by his side, once we were inside.

"How was what?", I raised a brow questioningly.

"You know it. We saw everything from our car.", Amy smirked.

"The butterfly drones. They have cameras too.", Dylan informed.

I looked at Aaron. Whose idea could it be?

"Rae's idea not mine.", Amy retorted when I looked at her in suspicion.

"How can I not record the most memorable moment of my life?", Aaron shrugged.

"Yeah and Alex helped in broadcasting the whole show.", Dylan added.

"Who else saw it?", I asked.

"Um...", Amy began, "Alex, Rae, Grace, your Mom and Dad, his Mom and Dad and... Dylan am I missing someone?"

"No dear."

"Okay. So in all, so many people.", she gave a pleasant smile.

"You guys are just... impossible.", I sighed.

They all burst into laughter.

"I'm missing Rae.", I said.

"I'm not. Last time we met she hurled a remote at me, just because I accidently dropped her favorite ice cream.", Aaron complained.

"Looks like pregnancy is suiting her well.", I giggled. "And what about you both? How's your second honeymoon going?"

Dylan sighed and said, "Busy during the days with the Events and Workshops. Lit at night with..."

"Okay, that's enough. She doesn't need the details.", Amy intruded him.

"By the way, where were you both this morning? Didn't see y'all at the event.", I asked.

"It was our last day here and my not so sweet wife wanted to take a 'punching the Eiffel Tower' pic.", Dylan informed while Amy shrugged.

"Are humans not enough that you want to punch buildings now?", Aaron rolled his eyes.

"Come on dude, we shouldn't get jealous seeing others enjoying their honeymoon.", Amy teased, making Aaron scowl.

"Okay now, go enjoy the dinner. We'll see you guys around.", Dylan said and then both vanished in the crowd.

This dinner is by far one of the bests I've ever seen. The theme, the decoration, the food, in fact every minute detail is taken care of in a very mesmerizing way.

With Aaron by my side, I already feel we are the center of attraction. Media has been speculating about our relationship since an image of us together at Dylan and Amy's wedding leaked last month. So officially, this is our first event together.

Throughout the dinner, we met many prominent business persons from around the world, many of whom I already met on the launch event or Rae and Alex's wedding. Amy and Dylan on the other hand wanted a simple and sophisticated wedding amidst only close family and friends. Hence it was more of a private affair.

It's beguiling that the combined net worth of all these people present here would sum up to trillions.

As we both stood at a corner enjoying ourselves, a voice greeted from behind us, "Hello Mr. Anderson."

"Mr. Brown. Nice to meet you.", Aaron said as he formally hugged the handsome intruder.

"Didn't get the chance to meet you at the morning. Your speech today was really outstanding.", he praised with a faint smile.

"Meet Scarlett Walter, my fiancé.", he introduced me. Fiance... hmm, that certainly has a nice ring to it.

"Pleasure to meet you Ms. Walter. Vincent Brown.", we shook hands, "I've heard a lot about you and trust me, I'm really looking forward to having a project with Walter Marketeers."

"Well, I too heard quite much about the Vaganz series. Wish you luck on the project."

"Thanks a lot Ms. Walter.", the dude said in a mechanical voice.

"If y'all won't mind, may I borrow my friend for a while.", I heard someone from our right.

We all looked at the direction of the voice to find a beautiful familiar face. She came closer and clutched me in a tight hug.

"Sam! So good to see you after such a long time.", I said as she released me.

"Samantha Reed.", she extended her hand to Aaron, "Happy to meet you in person Mr. Anderson. And you gave a remarkable speech by the way."

Shaking her hand Aaron said, "Thank you Ms. Reed. And it's even greater getting to express my gratitude in person. Thankyou so much for helping with that robbery thing."

I noticed the earlier calm face of Vincent hardening from silent rage, with each moment passing.

"Started some new illegal business Mr. Anderson?", Vincent teased Aaron.

"Not so in deep waters yet.", Aaron chuckled.

"Ms. Reed has the reputation of being involved in secret hacking endeavors.", Vincent eyed Sam.

"That doesn't make it illegal, now does it Mr. Brown?", Sam spat.

"If Mr. Anderson is involved, I can believe it. Otherwise, who knows.", Vincent snapped back.

"You know Mr. Anderson, I'm helping this guy here with his issues related to the Vaganz series and see his way of expressing gratitude. How lovely!", Sam said with the sweetest smile possible.

They both glared each other when Aaron whispered to me, "Take her away before they eat each other alive."

I nodded looking at them eye-killing each other.

"Um... you guys chat while we excuse ourselves. Come Sam let's go there."

"Yes right. Come Vincent."

I dragged Sam away from there while Aaron did the same with Vincent.

"So... you hate him?", I asked.

"With all my guts. He's a stuck up dog.", Sam replied starkly.

"I bet he feels the same about you.", I sighed.

"Of course he does. With me and him, it's always a clash of prides. And please let's not talk about him. Tell me about you.", she held my left hand and looked at the ring, "Finally found somebody to love, Eh?"

"I did. And you didn't get one yet?"

"I first need time from thinking of ways to kill that man before I could find one.", she said pointing to Vincent.

"Now that sounds like a big problem.", I chuckled.

"You told me once, you had a boyfriend in college. The poor guy would regret having left you."

"Um... he is the same guy."

"What? Aaron is your ex-boyfriend?", she looked startled.

"Well no more ex."

"So tell me how it all began again?", she asked smugly.

"It all began with an alliteration.", I smiled.

"Alliteration?"

"Yeah. It began with a...", I sighed...

"Revenge Run."

***** THE END? *****

A/N

So, finally I completed the story with the promised epilogue before the end of the year. Hope you guys enjoyed the story. Y'all are the driving force that helped me complete this journey.❤️

So how do you find the book? Please do share your thoughts as your words motivate me to keep writing :)

Also, if you want more of Samantha and Vincent, do check out Clash of Prides.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.2M 393K 57
"Why did u punch him?" I asked in shock. "Why did you kiss him?" He asked me angrily. "What? I... but..he... " "Is he your boyfriend? Or Did he pa...
2.7K 235 41
All is fair in love, war and Business. Is it though? Grace never had it easy when it came to life. First she had to deal with her parents trying rip...
71.4K 2.5K 35
I met a girl six years back. She was everything I thought I never wanted. But how incredibly wrong was I? But one day she left. Just like that. For a...
4.6M 169K 46
Highest- #2 in Romance "Aren't you a feisty little thing?" He chuckled. I stopped breathing at the close proximity, my knees turning to jelly. I lean...