Classroom of the Elite: Uncon...

By Shiorimondesu

In this timeline, Ayanokouji Kiyotaka the masterpiece of the white room has escaped from the white room with... More

Prologue : Part 1
Prologue : Part 2
Prologue : Part 3 (Final)
Vol.1. Chapter 1.1 : A King's Arrival
Vol.1. Chapter 1.3 : Human Relationships
SS.1. An Interesting Kouhai
SS.2. Twin Masterpiece
Vol.1. Chapter 2.1 : A Troublesome Way to Start the Day, Part 1
Vol.1. Chapter 2.2 : A Troublesome Way to Start the Day, Part 2
Vol.1. Chapter 2.3 : Class 1-D
Vol.1. Chapter 3.1 : Lunch Troubles
Vol.1. Chapter 3.2 : Horikita Suzune
Vol.1. Chapter 3.3 : The Not so Lonely Four
Vol.1. Chapter 4.1 : A Very Strange Morning
Vol.1. Chapter 4.2 : A Predator Lurking in Plain Sight
Vol.1. Chapter 4.3 : Her True Colors
Vol.1. Chapter 5.1 : The Aces of Class 1-D
Vol.1. Chapter 6.1 : The Queen and Her King
Vol.1. Chapter 6.2 : Karuizawa Kei
Vol.1. Chapter 7.1 : Testing Our Limits
Vol.1. Chapter 7.2 : A Game of Dodgeball
Vol.1. Chapter 8.1 : Prelude to an Arduous Journey
Vol.1. Chapter 9.1 : Welcome to the Classroom of the Elite
OAA STATS
SS.3. The Misfit of Class 1-D
Volume 2 - 4 Teaser
Vol.1. Chapter 10.1 : The Student Council
Vol.1. Chapter 11.1 : Study Groups
Vol.1. Chapter 12.1 : The Beginnings of Friendship
Vol.1. Chapter 13.1 : An Unusual Arrangement
Vol.1. Chapter 13.2 : A Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
Vol.1. Chapter 14.1 : Midterm Exams (Final)
Vol.2. Chapter 1.1: The Genesis of a Strenuous Warfare
Vol.2. Chapter 1.2 : Start of the Third Month
Vol.2. Chapter 1.3 : Forming an Alliance
Vol.2. Chapter 2.1 : A Somewhat Weird Encounter
Vol.2. Chapter 2.2 : The Investigation Begins!
Vol.2. Chapter 3.1 : Inceptions of a Maneuver
Announcement (Not Discontinued so don't worry)
Rewrite Notice!

Vol.1. Chapter 1.2 : A King's Revelation

13.4K 423 402
By Shiorimondesu

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka POV

"Why is a masterpiece lying around here without its owner?" The blonde man said those words to me.

As I heard those words, my composure cracked a bit and my eyes widened. How... Did he know? Has he visited me before? Was any of his family members related to my father in some way?

Alright, I need to calm down and breathe. I regained my composure quickly and replied to his words.

"Masterpiece? What do you mean by that?" I feigned ignorance. When I spoke those words he just looked at me for a bit then made a smug expression.

"You should be grateful that a divine being as I even took the time to compliment you. I know just how capable your abilities are compared to these defective mongrels. Ah, but don't get ahead of yourself boy, while I've acknowledged you, you'll still never come close to the perfect existence such as I." The blonde man replied to my question. His remarks angered a lot of my peers since they had felt they had been insulted but he paid no mind to the others.

"Know how capable I am? Sorry, but do I know you from somewhere?" This time I asked genuinely confused.

"AHAHAHAHAHA! Of course, you wouldn't know me but I definitely know who you are boy. I am Koenji Rokusuke, the next heir of the Koenji family. Be grateful as I don't introduce myself to people I deem as peasants. Show me something interesting Ayano boy for the years we'll be attending this school. I look forward to seeing what you truly are capable of." He declared.

As he was just about to leave my desk, he looked back at me once and our eyes met. He just gave me a smirk and I just looked at him with my apathetic face as a response. He returned to his seat later on.

I could see everyone in the class had different expressions. Some of them were conveying worry, anger, or ease that the situation had not turned into any unnecessary conflict. Some of my friends also looked a bit worried while the professor just smirked. I also noticed my Neighbour had her mouth opened with a bit of a surprised expression. I thought this was an opportunity to strike up a conversation with her and took it.

"Uh... Is there something wrong?" I asked my neighbor.

"Ah, it's nothing, sorry." She apologized. I wasn't gonna let the conversation end so I introduced myself.

"I'm Ayanokouji Kiyotaka. It's nice to meet you." I spoke to her.

"Suddenly introducing yourself?" She asked.

"Well, I wanted to get to know my classmates more especially since your gonna be my seatmate. Ah, but if you don't want to introduce yourself you can just ignore me." I replied to her. I thought she wouldn't want anything to do with me so I didn't want to make a bad impression on her. She stayed silent for a few seconds before finally opening her mouth.

"Horikita Suzune."

"Hm?"

"That's my name. Although I've introduced myself to you, please do not think of us as friends. We are merely just seatmates. I've decided to tell you my name because I find you a bit interesting." She informed me.

"Ah, of course. But wait, what do you mean by you find me interesting?"

"The boy that just spoke to you, we rode the same bus to school, and he, that girl Kushida, and a passenger was making a fuss over a priority seat in the bus." She answered. But it was strange, how did she know the short beige-colored-haired girl's name, we haven't even done an introduction yet. Perhaps they had already greeted each other before coming here? Although that could be possible, it was unlikely considering she gave the impression of someone who didn't want others to trouble her. Though, don't judge a book by its cover they said.

"From what I saw on the bus, he seemed to have a large ego and you could even call him a narcissist of some sort. But you, he acknowledged you. That piqued my interest a bit." She continued.

"Well, I guess you could say our parents had passed ties. Though, I don't remember doing something to gain acknowledgment from him." I answered with a half lie and half-truth. As I said those words, she grabbed a book from her bag and averted her eyes away from me, and read her book. Although I wanted to continue the conversation we had going, I didn't want to cause any more trouble than I already did with Koenji suddenly approaching me.

Suddenly a feminine voice came out of the speakers.

"Would all first-year students please make their way to the gymnasium where we'll be having our entrance ceremony. Please don't run in the halls nor come in late. Thank you for your understanding." The voice informed us.

Everyone then stood up from their seats and made their way out the classroom door. I invited Miyake and Yukimura to walk together and they bombarded me with questions about the situation that took place between me and Koenji. I explained everything to them to calm them down as I didn't want any more trouble. As we were talking, we had finally made it to the gymnasium.

In the gymnasium, I could see the teachers trying to organize and order their class to make a line. Chabashira-sensei did the same and I stood in the line behind a male classmate in front of me and behind me was none other than Koenji himself. Today's gonna be a troublesome day, isn't it?

I looked to my left and saw students from other classes finally arriving at the gymnasium. I looked behind and from my field of vision, three people caught my eye.

One was a well-built young man of above-average height. He appeared to be bald as I couldn't see even the tiniest string of hair on his head. He had quite a large body frame with a stern and serious expression. Though, his wasn't as hostile as what Horikita's looked like.

The next one was a young man of average height with shoulder-length magenta hair that is styled on either side and sharp magenta-colored eyes. Part of his uniform was unbuttoned and I could guess that he had a slim and muscular physique. He looked quite intimidating as he had an expression that said "don't talk to me or I'll beat you up." Or something like that.

Finally, the last one was a girl with long, light pinkish-type hair which travels down in length to her waist or hip. Besides having an average height, she possesses an extremely well-endowed figure. She also had blue eyes which I must say made her quite hard for me to look away from. I didn't wanna be labeled as a pervert by my peers so I quickly averted my gaze so people wouldn't have the wrong idea about me.

The last person to arrive was Arisu. She probably arrived last due to her physical disabilities but it was nice that some people had stayed behind and followed her pace to appear polite. Our eyes met and I saw her giggle a bit before waving at me. I just raised my palm in response as I didn't want to attract any unwanted attention.

Finally, after everyone had arrived at the gymnasium, the entrance ceremony started. Honestly, it was a bit boring for my taste but I tried my best to make it look like I was paying attention. They explained the basic rules of this school and this school's goals and dreams.

I took the entrance ceremony as an opportunity to analyze all of the students of each class. We were ordered to line up with class A on the very left and class D on the very right.

I glanced at my classmates and I could tell most of them weren't paying attention to the ceremony. Some of them were talking with the people near them, some were sleeping in broad daylight, and some were just looking somewhere else.

I then turned my head to look at the classes beside me and was pleased with my observation. Class C also had some people that weren't paying attention but not as much as class D had. Class B seemed to have almost everyone paying attention but I could see a few students talking once in a while. Finally, the students of class A were all looking at the principal with their utmost attention. Well, except one boy who was... Picking their nose...

Yuck.

From monitoring the students of each class, class A was the most organized and quiet while class D was the messiest and noisiest of the bunch. With this observation, it further supports my theory of students being sorted into classes by the school's evaluation of them and that this school truly did have a hierarchy system ranging from class A being the best to class D being the worst. Though, class D did have people who truly paid attention to the entrance ceremony like Horikita and Yukimura. Although it's just speculation, this proves that we weren't sorted solely based on our behaviors, academic ability, nor physical abilities considering Keisei proclaimed himself as an academically gifted student but admitted his faults in his physical abilities and social skills.

As what I thought was the ending of the ceremony, the headmaster whispered something to the principal which shocked the principal a bit. He then regained his composure and began to speak.

"Before we end our entrance ceremony, I would like to personally congratulate three students from the newly enrolled batch of first years. The first two are Sakayanagi Arisu of class 1-A and Koenji Rokusuke of class 1-D for scoring the highest marks in the history of Advanced Nurturing High School and tying for second place out of every first year with an average score of 96." The principal informed everyone in the gymnasium.

Everyone was surprised by this sudden announcement, especially class 1-D. I could see Koenji behind me smirking with delight as some people were staring at him with shock. Then the principal announced something that would turn my world upside down.

"As for the next student, we the higher-ups of Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing High School would like to congratulate Ayanokouji Kiyotaka of class 1-D for being the highest scorer of the entrance exams in Advanced Nurturing High School history with all perfect scores of 100 in all subjects. This truly is a remarkable achievement that has been done. Let us applaud the three of them for what they have achieved." The principal announced while clapping his hands.

And with that, my limited peaceful life had gone down the drain. I could hear claps from other people with them looking around to see who was the student named Ayanokouji Kiyotaka. I also noticed a lot of my friends staring at me with shocked expressions and some of them with respect and admirement. From the corner of my eye, I could see Horikita at the corner right of my vision starting at me with an expression of shock and a bit of respect? I pretended to be oblivious and ignored the stares I was getting from my friends.

And with that, the entrance ceremony ended. We were all ordered to back to our classes as we had an introduction lesson. as I exited the gymnasium, I saw Arisu staring at me with a smug expression on her face.

"You've impressed me Ayanokouji boy." Koenji suddenly said behind me. He then quickly fasten his walking pace and went back to the classroom walking past me. I returned to the classroom silently and sat back at my desk in peace.

Miyake and Yukimura came back together and stared at me for a while. They looked like they wanted to say something to me, but noticing how Chabashira-sensei was nearby our class, they chose to keep quiet and went back to their respected seats.

My neighbor had also just come back from the gymnasium. I could feel her staring at me intensely to the point you could mistake it for a glare. Was she mad at me or something? But from the look on her face, she didn't seem mad. She'd probably want to talk to me later so I just ignored her for now

"Good morning class," Chabashira-sensei said snapping me out of my thoughts.

"My name is Chabashira Sae and I am in charge of class D this year. I teach Japanese history. This school doesn't rearrange the classes every year, so over the next three years, I hope I get to know all of you. Best regards to all of you. I will now distribute the list of special rules of this school and the matriculation guide." Chabashira-sensei spoke as she handed out the pamphlets from the front till the pamphlet reached my hands.

At this school, there are special rules that make it different from every other high school. All students are required to live on campus and are forbidden from contacting anyone outside the school. Even contacting immediate family is impossible without the permission of the school. Leaving school grounds is also forbidden.

However, there are also many other facilities so that students don't suffer from being restricted. There are karaoke, theater rooms, cafes, and even boutiques- you can say it made up a small town. And in the middle of the big city, the huge campus took up more than 600,000 square meters. There's one more special characteristic of this school, though. The introduction of the S system.

"I will now hand out student ID cards. With this card, you can buy anything from any of the shops and facilities around campus. It works like a credit card. However, be careful of how many points you use. There's nothing you can't buy at school. If there's something on school grounds, it's purchasable."

Interesting...

I felt like sensei purposefully emphasized those words leaving us with a clue about the point system. Chabashira-sensei said that we can buy anything in this school. If my theory was correct, we could even buy marks or maybe even switch classes.

"Student cards can be used by swiping them on the machines. Using the machines are really easy, so you won't have any trouble with them. The points will be automatically credited on the first day of the month. Everyone should already have 100,000 points on their card. Also, 1 point is worth 1 yen. Any more explanation is unnecessary."

The classroom then suddenly got louder.

A 100,000-yen monthly allowance was no joke. If students receive them unconditionally, it will surely pose future problems, even for a government as rich as Japan's. That's not even counting the cost of maintaining every top-tier facility inside the campus.

"Shocked by the number of points you've been given? This school evaluates its students' talents. Everyone here has passed the entrance examination, which itself speaks to your value and potential. The amount you've received reflects the evaluation of your worth. You can use your points without restraint. After graduation, however, all of your points return to the school. Because it's impossible to exchange your points for cash, there's no advantage to saving them. Once points have been deposited into your account, it's up to you on how to spend them. Do as you like. In the event that you don't want to spend your points, you may transfer them to someone else. However, extorting money from your peers is not allowed. This school monitors bullying very carefully." Chabashira-sensei finished.

As bewilderment spread among the students, Chabashira-sensei looked over the room.

"Does anyone have any questions?" Chabashira asked everyone in the room but I saw her cast a glance at me. Alright, I guess I'll have to do this.

I raised my hand as I noticed I was the only one who did so. I then spoke, "Sensei, if I may, I would like to ask you a few questions. Is that alright?"

"Your Ayanokouji Kiyotaka right? The first person to score 100 on all of the subjects in the entrance exam. I must congratulate you for your achievements." Sensei said while clapping her hands. As she said those words, all of my classmates now knew the face and looks of the student named Ayanokouji Kiyotaka who scored all perfect marks in the entrance exams.

"Now, on to your questions. If you can't tell, we teachers have a very busy schedule so, please state your confusions about the school now." Chabashira-sensei said.

"Sensei you said that we would receive 100,000 yen this month, but you never mentioned anything about next month. Would you mind telling us how many points we would receive next month?" I asked.

"...That is not a question I'm willing to answer," Chabashira-sensei answered.

"And why is that sensei? Don't we as the students currently enrolled at this school have the right to know the allowance we would receive to fulfill our daily needs and wants?"

"Look Ayanokouji, there are some questions I'm not permitted to answer. I'm sorry but even if we are teachers, we have rules that we have to follow to keep our jobs, you do understand that don't you?"

"Of course sensei, then for my other question, could you explain more about the point system to us?" I asked again raising my tone a bit.

"Again we are not permitted to answer that question. Is there anything else you would like to ask? Or is that all?" Chabashira-sensei said in a provoking tone. It was as if she was challenging me to ask her more questions. Well if that's what she wanted, then it's what she'll get.

"Sensei you said we can buy anything in this school right?" Chabashira-sensei just nodded in response.

"Then, sensei..." I took out my phone and opened my point balance which said had 100,000 points on it and showed her my phone.

(Alright I know this is meant for a different volume but bear with me)

"I would like you to sell me more information about the S-system."

As I said those words I could see shocked expressions on all my classmates and even heard some gasps and murmurs from other people. Well, except Koenji of course who was looking at his own reflection with delight.

Chabashira-sensei looked at me for a while before letting out a big smirk.

"BAHAHAHA, Brilliant Ayanokouji! To think you would notice that little detail from my explanation." Chabashira exclaimed. She felt like a different person once I asked her that question.

"So, is that a yes Chabashira-sensei?" I asked. I wanted to get this over quickly as I wanted to go to the convenience store to buy some ice cream and go back to my dorms and rest.

"Not quite. Although you did figure out you could buy information about the system, mere private points won't be enough." She responded.

"Mere private points? Chabashira-sensei, Are you implying there's another way to buy the information without using private points?" Horikita catches on and asked.

"Although I won't tell how you can pay, let's say it involves your classmates losing some of their allowances." With that being said, the whole class came to an uproar.

"So what if we don't get the information?! I don't want any of my allowance to be cut!" A gyaru type looking girl shouted.

"Yeah! Can't we just end this conversation already? I wanna buy stuff already using my points!" A brown-haired guy also shouted impatiently.

"Of course, we can't just let you decide on your own Ayanokouji. How about this, if you can convince your classmates to purchase information regarding the S-system, then I'll explain to you in full detail what the S-system truly is?" I just nodded in response and stood up from my chair.

"If I can have everyone's attention please!" I tried to shout with my monotone voice. Everyone looked in my direction and I could see some people looking at me irritated, but most of them had curious and confused looks. I sent a nod to Eichiiro, I hope he got what I wanted to convey to him.

"As you know we were given 100,000 yen of monthly allowance for the three years we will spend here, but don't you find that a bit suspicious? Even if it's the government, surely giving a student 100,000 yen is going overboard. If you were to give 100,000 yen to 160 students in a year, they would have to give us around 16,000,000 yen per month. This is why I believe that we might not get 100,000 points as sensei only said that we would only get 100,000 points this month." As I said that people started to wonder about the things Chabashira-sensei said.

"Second of all, if Chabashira-sensei priced the information so high that it would require all of us to give some parts of our allowances, don't you think that information might be very vital for our future in the next three years we'll be in this school? If we don't do something we might be in trouble around the next month or maybe even for the rest of our three years here." Now, the atmosphere had changed from a tense one to a confused and curious one.

"I would like all of you to cooperate in me with this as this information might prove to be crucial," I asked them while bowing.

"I-i think we should consider what A-Ayanokouji-Kun has offered, I mean he does seem to be a very intelligent person, a-and he does make some very good points." Surprisingly, it was Mii-chan who first stood up for me.

"Yeah! I've known my buddy Kiyotaka for a long time and he's usually right about stuff like this. You've all also heard of his entrance exam score, right? That alone should prove that he's not just saying this on a gut feeling but rather he has already thought this through? Don't you guys think so too?" Eichiiro supported me.

This was good, people were now starting to get convinced by my deductions, bringing up my test scores should gain me some trust from some of my classmates. But I needed to put the final nail in the coffin.

"Of course, there's a chance I might be wrong and the information we bought might not prove to be as essential as I had thought. Because of that, I'll try to compensate's everyone lost allowance by using my own private points." After I spoke those words, I have probably gained the trust of most of my peers. They would probably see me as someone kind and trustworthy willing to sacrifice all their points just to help the class.

(Alright, i'm sorry if this is similar to alter self-test or if it's cliche. I didn't know how else Kiyotaka would expose the school on the first day, but I tried to make it different than other fics)

"I-i don't think you have to go that far Ayanokouji-Kun..." Mii-chan said to me.

"Yeah dude, you know what, I'll pay up too if Ayanokouji turns out to be wrong." Miyake also said to the rest of the class.

"I'll also pay!" Eichiiro stood up speaking those words enthusiastically. This was going great, with Eichiiro's support more people would feel pressured into joining my side.

"Everyone! I know we've all just met here but I think we should consider Chabashira-sensei's offer! I know we've all just met but it would hurt me a lot to see all of us suffer for the next month or maybe even the next three years." The short beige-colored-haired girl expressed her worry.

Little by little, everyone started to agree with me. After all of this is settled and done I would probably rise up to the top of the social hierarchy since I've done my class a favor. Although I do want more friends, I hope that I won't get too popular that it takes my free time away.

Finally, everyone had unanimously agreed to buy the explanation. Some people still looked dissatisfied or not pleased but they could not state their opinions probably due to fear of being the outcast of the class.

"It seems everyone here has come to a decision. But before I reveal more about the S-system, I would like to ask you a question Ayanokouji." She asked.

"Well as long as it's to my capabilities, I'll answer your question honestly," I replied.

"Around an hour ago, I saw students from each class either talking with their new classmates, sitting on their desk formally, or exploring the school. But you Ayanokouji, you were different. When we passed by each other in the hallways, you looked like you were simply just taking a tour around the school getting to know the new environment. But to me, it looked like you were deep in thought and was analyzing every little hint and detail the school was dropping for you new first years." Chabashira-sensei stated. She was probably referring to when we were heading to the acting director's office. She probably must've noticed that I had suspicions about the school or maybe even saw Eichiiro when he pointed at the location of where the cameras were.

"You are right to a certain degree sensei, I had my suspicions ever since I arrived at this school. I have contemplated some theories about this school and how it works but they are nothing but just baseless assumptions." I responded.

"Then for my question, would you enlighten all of us with the theories you've thought of with the information you've received with such limited time?"
Chabashira-sensei questioned me. Was she trying to test out my deduction skills? Well, no point in wasting more time now. I nodded at her as a response and stood up from my seat gaining everybody's attention.

"As you all know, Chabashira-sensei started that I've done some observing and thought of multiple hypotheses on how this school may work. The first thing I observed was the behavior of students during the entrance ceremony. I noticed that the behavior and attitude of students during the ceremony would differ depending on what class they were in. For example, if you paid attention, the students of class A were the most well behaved as almost everyone I saw there was giving the utmost attention to the people that were on stage. On the contrary, I also took note that most of the people in this class were the least well behaved as I saw people either sleeping, drifting off into their own world, or simply engaging themselves in idle chatter." I announced my recent analysis.

"Now, I think everyone knows that in the alphabet hierarchy from A to D, A would be considered to be the best while D to be the worst. You may be asking, what does that have to do with my recent observation of the student's behavior during the ceremony? Well, I managed to notice that the students of each class behaved very differently. The class B students' behavior was similar to those of class A but not quite as well behaved as they are. While class C's attitude was similar to those of us in class D but they were more well-behaved than we were to some degree. Don't you find it strange on how certain classes behaved more properly the higher their class name is labeled in the alphabetical hierarchy? It could quite possibly be a coincidence but I refused to believe that." I continued.

"Now before I reveal my first theory, I would want all of you to know I am in no way purposefully trying to offend all of you. Provoking all of you would also mean I would be insulting myself." The class nodded in response. Some people looked curious while others had nervous expressions

"I think there's a hierarchy between the four classes in this school. This would explain why the behavior of students would differ from what class they are from. Students are sorted to each class by what their value was judged to be by this school with class A being the best and class D being the worst. Simply put, we of class D have been judged to be inferior than to those who are in other classes." As I said those words everyone was bewildered as confusion and chaos spread throughout the room.

"OI, Y-your joking? Right?!" A boy screamed.

"S-sensei is that really true?!" A girl shouted. Talks and murmurs could be heard across the room till Chabashira-sensei finally intervened.

"Although it is an interesting deduction you've come up with, does that mean you yourself are willing to admit you belong in this class?" Chabashira-sensei asked with a hint of provocation.

"If I wasn't willing to admit that then I wouldn't have thought of this theory in the first place. I am well aware of my own flaws and I know more than anyone else how much I deserve to be placed in class D," I responded trying to sound sincere. As I said this, the whole class looked at me with expressions of shock and surprise, especially the faces of Horikita and Yukimura.

"But isn't your theory incorrect Ayanokouji?! Why would someone as capable as you be placed in a lower class like class D?! You've proven your intelligence by being the first person in this school's history to get all perfect marks in the entrance exams, shouldn't you be put in a higher class?!" Yukimura retorted. A lot of people seemed to agree with his statement but I'm afraid I'll have to burst his bubble as he also probably felt angry for being sorted into a lower class.

"Of course I acknowledge my academic abilities Yukimura, but here's the thing... Who said that the school judged our value solely on academics?" With this, everyone started talking to themselves and I saw Yukimura and Horikita flinched heavily.

"B-but isn't that just common sense for schools to rank us depending on how good our academic abilities and test marks are?!" Horikita countered while glaring at me.

"Of course that would be common sense for any other Japanese schools. But Horikita, you're forgetting one little detail. This school is not like your average normal Japanese High School. The S-system, how much allowance we were given, you certainly wouldn't think any other school would do this would you?" I countered back and she just sat in silence and couldn't think of anything to reply with.

"So t-then, how does the school judge a student's value?" Hirata finally spoke up and asked.

"I'm glad you asked Hirata, although academics do play a part, that's not the whole picture. Chabashira-sensei said the school evaluated us by our talents and merit, meaning we're not only judged by our academics alone but we are also judged by our physical capabilities, ethics, and mannerisms, communication skills, adaptability, and many more that you can think of. But, I think there's more to it than that which I will explain on my second theory." I explained while implying I still had more to talk about.

"My second theory is about the need for a hierarchy in this school. Why would they implement a hierarchical system in this school? Generally, if there exist class rankings in this school, it would cause competition among classes, but why would anyone deliberately try to aim for class A? Unless you hate being looked down upon, I don't see any reason why lower classes should try to reach class A. Whatever class we graduate as we would still get the benefits of a 100% acceptance rate of attending college or getting a job, right? Well, I don't think it's that simple." I explained.

"The question we should be asking isn't why we should be aiming for class A, but rather why we shouldn't want to stay as class D? What would be the disadvantages of us graduating in a lower class than class A? But then, I came to a conclusion. What if the government wasn't truthful about the guarantees and advantages of being enrolled in this school? What if to receive the full rewards on coming to this school, we had to graduate from Class A?" After I spoke those last words, the class turned into an atmosphere full of disorderly chaos and ruckus.

"YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS CAN YOU?!"

"B-but the government wouldn't lie to us about this... Right?" A girl questioned.

"Idiots, OF COURSE THE GOVERNMENT WOULD LIE TO US, HAVE NONE OF YOU EVER WATCHED A MOVIE OR SOMETHING??" The Professor retaliated.

The ambience of the class had turned tensed with people arguing with one another and some complaining. It was reasonable considering most people probably came to this school for the promised 100℅ acceptance rate this school had presented. They were all probably filled with worry and anxiety knowing their future won't be as simple as they thought it would be.

"Settle down class, it seems Ayanokouji still has some more things he would like to explain to all of you," Sensei said trying to calm down everyone.

"If what you say is true Ayanokouji, then what would be the point of competition to reach class A if the school had already decided the students in other classes were superior to those of us in class D?" Eichiiro asked lending me a hand.

"A good question Eichiiro. This is just a theory, but what if there were superior people placed in lower classes on purpose to increase the competition in this school?"

"B-but that's absurd! Wouldn't that be unfair to the students who were considered superior being put into a lower class and having their futures endangered merely because the school wanted more competition?!" Horikita debated. She had a full-on thunderstruck expression while standing up from her seat.

(I edited it by myself, sorry if it's bad)

"Indeed that would be unreasonable, I can understand your complaints Horikita. However, this leads me back to my first theory. I did say that people were evaluated by their whole capabilities such as academics, physical abilities, social skills, and other useful abilities, but I don't think the school only judges us from our capabilities only. What if the school had recognized someone's academic and physical abilities to be superior but there was something that was holding them back? For example, let's say we have a straight A+ student with an athlete's body. Usually, someone like that would instantly be placed in class A, but, what if that student had a severe case of superiority complex but doesn't have the claims to back it up? Or what if that student has an uncooperative attitude that prevents them from being able to lead other people properly?"

As I unraveled other parts of my theory, Horikita could not respond back as she just stood there staring at me not being able to utter or speak a word. I was looking at Koenji and we made eye contact but he quickly averted his eyes away from me and started combing his hair while humming a song.

"From what I can gather from those questions, the school doesn't only judges one's value by their capabilities but rather there is more to it. Perhaps, some of us had a problem with behavior? Something that happened in the past that we can't move on from? Something that we've done in the past? Those questions are most likely true." With that, I sat back down on my seat. When I said the last two questions, I saw that Hirata and the short beige-colored-haired girl had visibly flinched. Guess I hit the mark huh?

"Of course, all of these are nothing more than just assumptions. Are you satisfied now Chabashira-sensei?" I asked finally done with revealing my theories. Although, I wanted to discuss the hidden cameras but I've felt like I've already taken too much time from myself and my peers. I can probably discuss with them about the hidden cameras at another time.

Chabashira-sensei just kept silent for a while before finally opening her mouth, "Amazing... To think not only would you notice something strange about the point system but to figure out how the school sorted its students, the hierarchy, and class competition... With only a few hours of being enrolled into this school... You're in a once in a generational talent. You really are as brilliant as they say you are! Astounding accomplishment Ayanokouji!" Chabashira exclaimed. She was now smirking so brightly that even I got creeped out.

As sensei spoke those last words, all my classmates turned their heads towards me. Some had their mouth open, some were in awe of my deadly accurate observation, some looked at me with admirement, some even looked at me with fear.

"As I promised, I will now explain the contents of the S-system," Chabashira-sensei announced to the whole class. Everyone now would pay extra attention to what she would say as it could decide the future of our three years in this school.

First of all, the points in this system can be classified into two. The 100,000 points you have right now are called 'private points'. Meanwhile, there's also a little something known as 'class points'." Chabashira-sensei said.

"Alright, Let's continue. Every single freshman class, from A to D, is given 1000 class points at the start of the year because they passed the entrance exam. These class points are then converted into private points and are deposited into your accounts at the start of each month. With this in mind, you could conclude that class points are updated each month." She explained.

"Class points can indeed be decreased, but they can also be increased. In this school, we have what we call 'special exams', where each class will compete against each other. Based on your performance in these special exams, class points can either increase, decrease or stay the same. You can increase your class points by scoring high on exams. You can also decrease your class points by misbehaving in class like sleeping during lessons, engaging in chatter while the teacher is teaching, sleeping during classes, arriving late, being absent without a valid reason, and other reasons you and I can think of. Honestly, you people are already high school students, you should already know the basic etiquette and mannerisms to follow during school."

From the looks of my classmate's faces, it was obvious some of them had planned to do the things Chabashira-sensei had stated. I don't blame them honestly, if I had to sit through hours learning subjects I've already memorized and understood in the white room, I also would've probably done what they were planning to do.

*RINGGGG*

The school bell rang loudly.

"Anyways, I've felt like I've already explained enough for all of you to understand how different this school is compared to other normal Japanese schools. I feel no need to explain the school system as Ayanokouji had already figured it out for you. Now, do any of you have any questions?" Chabashira questioned the class.

Eichiiro raised his hand, "Ah, you must be Matsuo Eichiiro. What's your question?" The whole class turned their heads towards him with curiosity?

"Why did the school lie to all of us about every single student here being able to secure their future due to the high rate of success of graduating from this school? Doesn't that seem like a scam Chabashira-sensei?" Eichiiro asked.

"Nothing in this world comes easy Matsuo, that's all I can say. Though don't be discouraged, if you have the right mindset and abilities, I'm sure you can still succeed even without graduating from class A. Now, are there any more questions?" Chabashira-sensei asked again.

This time Horikita was the one who raised her hand, "Sensei, how many class points did it cost for us to buy this information." Horikita asked a reasonable question.

"200 class points. Meaning 20,000 private points from your allowance has been lost. If that is all, I will be taking my leave." Chabashira sensei picked up her clipboard then left the classroom.

Everyone was silent and most of us couldn't even leave the classroom. They were probably still thinking of how their high school lives had turned 180 degrees from what they thought of. I sent a signal to Eichiiro and he seemed like he understood.

"Everyone! May I please have your attention for a minute!" Eichiiro shouted. I wish I had his amazing social skills to be honest. Everyone stopped to look at him and paid attention.

"I think Kiyota- ah, sorry, Ayanokouji wants to address something to the whole class. Can I ask all of you please to stay for a little while, this might be something important and vital for our class." Eichiiro announced.

I then grabbed my bag and walked towards the podium that Chabashira-sensei had lectured us on for the past hour. Everyone then turned their eyes to me waiting on what I was about to say.

"Now I know all of you must be dizzy or frustrated by what happened today, so I won't waste much more of your time," I said to the class.

"I want to request four things from all of you. First, the information we got will give us a headstart against other classes, though it is only for a month. So I ask all of you to please not leak any information about what has been said today. If you want to talk about it, discuss it in a place where you are 100℅ certain that no one would overhear you or try to eavesdrop on you." The class just nodded at my request.

"Second, I would like to hold a class meeting tomorrow if we have time or if we don't, somewhere around this week. There is still some stuff I want to address that could affect our class points overall. Third, I would like for all of us to get along with one another. Our unity and trust with each other will play a big part in helping us reach class A. I hope to get along with all of you." I said while bowing to look sincere.

"And fourth... I would like for all of you to please let me lead class D. I can't promise we'll reach class A, but I can promise that I'll try my hardest and to the best of my abilities to lead all of you to the paradise land of class A. Although I am the leader, I cannot reach class A without all of you so I would like for your cooperation from now until the next three years we'll be spending as classmates. Although I wanted for all of us to introduce ourselves, I can tell that all of you must be in a state of shock or confusion. And since it's the first day some of you might want to explore the school more so we can do the introductions tomorrow or some other day. I hope all of you can recognize me as class D's official leader and I look forward to working with all of you for the next three years." I bowed this time more heavily to appear more heartfelt and honest.

It seems everyone was touched by my speech despite my monotonous voice and apathetic face.

"With someone like you in our class, I'm sure we'll reach class A in no time! You have my full support!" A girl of average height with waist-length blonde hair that is tied in a ponytail with purple eyes voiced her support on me.

"Yeah, what she said!" Another boy followed up. Soon I was getting support from the whole class and the tense atmosphere had now become a happy one.

"Thank you all for your support. I will do my best to not disappoint any of you." I tried to say in a sincere tone.

"All of you may leave now, I'm done with everything I needed to explain," I announced that as I left the podium and slid open the door to make my way out of the classroom.

We needed to take full advantage of the one-month edge we got from my deductions and Chabashira-sensei's confirmation. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if someone from class A had already figured it out in a few days or weeks. This will be the start of my new journey to lead class D to the promised destination of class A.

Volume 1. Chapter 1.2: END

Word count: 7521 words.

-------------------

Author's Note :

So what did you think about this chapter?

Buying information for the S-system is not my idea i repeat, i got it originally from alter-self tesy but i wanted to try to convey what comes after in a different light. Please support their fanfic cause their fanfic is amazing as hell.

This chapter was a pain in the ass. Again, sorry if there are any typos or grammar mistakes. And sorry if this chapter was very cliche. I tried to make things different by having Ayanokouji expose the school system instead of Chabashira explaining it to the class.

Anyways, i'm a bit dissatisfied with this chapter, but I guess every writer has those days.

You may have noticed how I made the entrance ceremony happen first instead of the introducing of the S-system. Well, I wanted Kiyo's classmates to have some level of trust in him so he could convince his classmates to buy information regarding the S-system. Because of his perfect marks, people saw him as an intelligent person, that's why people trusted him on his offer to buy information on the S-system.

Now, after what happened in the class, Ayanokouji's popularity amongst his class has skyrocketed by a lot. He'll probably end up as #1 on the ikemen list instead of 4th.

Also, after I publish Volume 1 chapter 1.3, there will be two side stories for two certain characters. Look forward to it!

Anyways that's all I have to say, for now, have an illustration edit I made in the middle of class.

(Might be a teaser for the future? Who knows?)

Please look forward to Chapter 1.3!

Your comments and votes mean a lot to me and I love you all! ( ◜‿◝ )♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

FakeKouji By MrS

Fanfiction

155K 7.8K 80
A tale of trials and tribulations of a boy no older than 15 seeking his long lost humanity. An ordinary tale of an un-ordinary boy. Unforeseen...
86.2K 6.1K 45
"The Masterpiece had escaped." In order to be free of his pursuers, Ayanokouji Kiyotaka had found himself enrolling into the prestigious Advanced Nur...
30.7K 778 29
Ayanokouji Kiyotaka is a student in class D at the Advanced High School, an institution that evaluates its students through special exams that determ...
145K 4.4K 24
This is a Classroom Of The Elite Fanfic. Disclaimer: I don't own the original story, it belongs to Shōgo Kinugasa. This is just a fanfic based on the...