❀I'm A Trainwreck❀

By lovinglangston

Ashland Craft, a 24 year old country singer who first got her start on The Voice, season 13, on Miley Cyrus'... More

C A S T
P L A Y L I S T, PT 1
P L A Y L I S T, PT 2
H O U S E S
P A R T O N E
P A R T T W O
P A R T T H R E E
P A R T F O U R
P A R T F I V E
P A R T S I X
P A R T S E V E N
P A R T E I G H T
P A R T N I N E
P A R T T E N
P A R T E L E V E N
P A R T T W E L V E
P A R T T H I R T E E N
P A R T F O U R T E E N
P A R T F I F T E E N
P A R T S I X T E E N
P A R T S E V E N T E E N
P A R T E I G H T E E N
P A R T T W E N T Y
P A R T T W E N T Y O N E
P A R T T W E N T Y T W O
P A R T T W E N T Y T H R E E
P A R T T W E N T Y F O U R
P A R T T W E N T Y F I V E
P A R T T W E N T Y S I X
P A R T T W E N T Y S E V E N
P A R T T W E N T Y E I G H T
P A R T T W E N T Y N I N E
P A R T T H I R T Y
P A R T T H I R T Y O N E
P A R T T H I R T Y T W O
P A R T T H I R T Y T H R E E
P A R T T H I R T Y F O U R
P A R T T H I R T Y F I V E
P A R T T H I R T Y S I X
P A R T T H I R T Y S E V E N
P A R T T H I R T Y E I G H T
P A R T T H I R T Y N I N E
P A R T F O R T Y
P A R T F O R T Y O N E
P A R T F O R T Y T W O
P A R T F O R T Y T H R E E
P A R T F O R T Y F O U R
P A R T F O R T Y F I V E
P A R T F O R T Y S I X
P A R T F O R T Y S E V E N
P A R T F O R T Y E I G H T
P A R T F O R T Y N I N E
P A R T F I F T Y

P A R T N I N E T E E N

34 3 13
By lovinglangston

Jon's POV:

"Y'know that would be sweet and cool, and all... But, J, I'm super nervous.. I've never ever moved in with anyone before," Ashland sounded petrified on the other end of the phone.

Currently it was the second of April. Woo! That means that not only is my birthday coming up soon, but so is Ashland's. Hers is on the thirtieth of this month, where as my special day is on the eighth. Thankfully, I get to be at home in Nashville for my day. I know I'm probably getting ahead of myself, but I'm still trying to figure out the perfect birthday surprise for Ash.

There's no way I'll be able to top the surprise I did for her twenty third birthday though. It's going to be super tough to get at least a tied joint first place surprise. I'll work my ass off day and night if I have to. We have a show to do on her day, but I may be able to squeeze in a little something something that I can do for her birthday before the show. I don't know how, but if there's a will, there's damn sure a way, I say.

I was just making a conversation with Ash about if we were to ever move in together, what would she want in the house. Just a conversation, it isn't like I was going to drop everything and buy a house. Hell, if anything, Ash might end up moving in with me. My house is way more spacious than hers.

"Baby girl, calm your tits. I wasn't actually sayin' to drop everything and have you move in with me or whatever. I'm just talkin' about our future and everything. I am no time traveler by any means, but one thing's for damn sure; I see you in my future. See you in that beautiful white wedding dress, see you holding our beautiful baby- or babies, and eventually grow gray and old with you. That's all I have ever wanted with you, Ashy cash."

Sniffling came from my iPhone's speaker. Fuck, fuck, I did not mean to make her bawl her pretty eyes out. I meant every last word I had said to bed though, I'll admit that. I want to one day marry that beautiful woman. Have beautiful children with her. Grow old with her. Just overall experience life with her. I hope I don't do no stupid ass shit to fuck this all up, or I'll hate myself more than I did with the Anna situation.

"Baby, grow old with me.." Is all that I could make up from the sobbing Ashland was doing. I love her so much, she deserves to be protected from anything and everything bad that's in the world. I want to be the only one who does that, of course.

"Also, J, how've you been feeling since the phone call you and Michael shared? The one you told slash yelled about to all of us in the bus when we were on our way back home from Myrtle Beach, South Carolina? Has he contacted you since? I'm worried..." She muttered as she calmed down with the crying, thank goodness.

"That dumbass? Nah, I blocked his number. I don't wanna hear from him until I have to go back on tour. He isn't right in the head. I mean, who in the hell in their right mind thinks to themselves, 'oh, let's go and investigate and listen on my best buddy and my ex girlfriend's conversations that are meant to be secret'? No one, that's who!" I growled, getting re-angry about the whole situation all over again.

Hearing the shaky and almost scared sounding breath come from Ashland on the other end saddened me to the core. I didn't mean to raise my voice or yell at her, it's just the whole situation pisses me off. She knows it, I know it, everyone else who was on the bus knows it, too. Ugh, it makes me so furious thinking of it. I need to get my mind off of it before I make my way to his house and beat the shit out of the fucker again.

"Yeah, you're right. Listen, Jon, I'm goin' to get off of this phone call. I need a break from calling on the phone for a minute. Dolly needs to be walked anyway. I'll call you a little later on.." Ashland trailed off.

"Alright, fair enough. I love you, baby girl. You be safe walking Dolly. I'll talk to you later. Bye, I love you more than anything." Before I know it, we hung up the phone call. My heart ached. I don't know why, but I low-key hate that I yelled.

It wasn't like I was yelling at Ash, I was just letting out my anger- yelling and cussing is what I always do. What if Hardy yelled at her a lot of the time and that's why she flinches when I yell. I've noticed that recently. I was yelling in a good way on my bus and she flinched and shook. It breaks me seeing her the way she is.

I laid my phone on the couch, and rested my head in my hands. I feel like shit, honestly. I don't know why, maybe it's because I physically miss Ash. I know we're not supposed to be moving fast in our relationship, I respect and appreciate that, but literally, I hate being away from her so damn bad! My arms reach out for her touch in the middle of the night and I get so sad when I realize, I'll just keep on reaching out for her until the morning light.

I can't wait for the glorious day Ashland moves in with me, then I can have her all to myself, snuggle her, cuddle her, kiss her, hug her, hold her, and overall, just be with her in the same house. Therefore, I don't have to dream of her every single night I sleep. I'll have her right by my side, but for now, I have to be a patient man, and wait all of this out. It's already a hard feat, but I've got this. I know I do.

**

My emotions were all over the place, so I had decided to take the long overdue trip to my parents' house in Nashville, and visit with them for a while. Hey, maybe this face-to-face interaction with my parents will help get my mind off of things for a while.

I knocked on the door, and I waited until my beautiful mother came and answered the door. She got a haircut, I'm assuming. But hey, nonetheless, she looked stunning. I'm so proud and happy that I get to call her my mother! I hope I'm making her proud of me, I strive to do that for all my family members.

"Jonathan!" My mama squealed loudly in my ear as she was hugging my neck tightly.

"Ma, hey! Sorry for not giving you or Daddy a heads up beforehand. I have just had a lot on my mind and plate the last little while. This tour has been fun, but also hell, as well. Don't worry, I'll tell y'all all about it," I explained complexly to my mother.

My mom shook her head and led me inside the house. I grinned as I took a seat on the couch, and I noticed my dad was passed out on the new recliner that I had bought for them a couple of months back. I'm glad it's being put to good use. Ahh, my old dad, always napping his way through every damn thing, it seems like.

"Dear, I think you need to wake up. Your son is here. It's rare as he is busy most of the time. Wake up!" My mom raised her voice at my dad as she was in the kitchen, probably going to cook something. She's always cooking something.

My dad stirred and he had awoken after my mom yelled. He muttered some cuss words. Ha, he must've not slept well, or at all the last little while. Poor guy, he does so much. He's a hardworking man, and I strive to be the man he is, one day.

I smiled over at my dad as I turned down the volume of the baseball movie that I had evidently found while channel surfing. The Sandlot. One of my favorite movies. Not of all time, but it's somewhere up there on the list, haha.

"Oh shit, Jon! That's you? Son, howdy. It's been a while. You look happy as hell. What would your mama say? Glowing? What's happening in your life? Got a new girl who loves you right, unlike Anna?" My dad hit the nail right on the head.

He's right. I do have a girl who loves me right, unlike Anna. But it's not t-totally a new girl. Ashland has been my best friend for ages. I guess I can't really dodge the Jon's love life conversation with my parents. Time to admit that I'm finally seeing someone new. This oughta be very interesting..

"Actually, Daddy, I need to have a man-to-man with you. You mind if we take this outside? Y'know, Mama can be very nosy when it comes to my love life," I laughed sarcastically.

My dad gave me a reassuring smile, a side hug, and said, "Of course, kiddo. I'd do anything for ya. C'mon, we'll go sit on the porch swing and talk. I have some beers in the fridge. Want one?" I eagerly nodded my head to answer his question.

"Umm, hell yeah, I want a beer! What kind is it, pops?" I questioned as I had stood right in front of the door, while my dad was looking in the fridge, getting the two beers out.

He threw one of the cans at me, similar to how a quarterback throws a football. Me being me, and still having the football instinct in me, I went and caught the beer can in only one hand. That's was a damn good and cool move, even I'll admit that.

The brand was none other than a Michelob Ultra. I mean, I drink any kind of beer, I'm not picky, by any means, at all! I quickly opened up the can and took a sip from it.

"C'mon, son. Honey, me and Jonathan are going outside to talk about dude things. Are you gonna be alright being in here by yourself?" My dad asked, wanting to be assured. My mom smiled sweetly and nodded my head as she continued to cook dinner.

"Wait! Are you staying for dinner, sweetheart?" My mom called out and I winced.

On one hand, I definitely didn't want to miss out on any homemade cooking my mom was making, but I did want to go home, rest up for a bit before we have to go back on tour on the ninth. Ugh, decisions, decisions.

"Uhh, I guess I can stay for a while," I reluctantly answered.

Hey, there's a bright side to this; I get to have some good and edible food. I've been eating too much takeout this last little while because I can't cook in a kitchen to save my life. But when it comes to grilling though, that's a whole other ballgame right there, even I'd admit it.

The both of us men took a seat on the porch swing that was on my parents' front porch, the April spring breeze running through my hair. My ballcap was sitting in the house. My parents, for some reason, always tell me to take my cap off. Oh well, I can't disrespect them, they brought me into this world, haha.

"So..." My dad started. "Whatcha need to have a man-to-man about? Is it about Anna? Don't tell me you're back with her."

I was in the midst of taking a sip of the Michelob Ultra and right when my dad mentioned Anna's name, I spewed out beer out of my nose, "What?! No! No, definitely not. She can stay her entitled, cheating ass on the other side of Nashville, or wherever she may have ended up."

I ran my free hand in my hair and started to feel the panic rise. I didn't want to tell my own parents that I'm seeing Ashland. I mean, they thought me and her had more of a brother and sister relationship, but no. That's not how I felt about her, and that's not how she felt about me. I've got to tell my parents about us. It's now or never, Langston- I keep telling myself that, at least...

"Actually.. I have started seein' someone new. Well, she isn't new," I beat around the bush.

"Really, son? Well, in that case, congratulations! Who's the lucky lady who's with my amazing boy?" My dad grinned big. I gently pulled my iPhone out of my jacket pocket and I showed him a picture of Ashland that soon became my favorite image of her.

It was a selfie she took back in 2019, but I saved it anyway, I couldn't just not save it. Damn, she looked hot as hell. Just like she always did, does and do. Hottest girlfriend I've had by a long, long, long shot.

{{the picture that Jon showed his dad of Ashland! ^}}

My dad's jaw dropped. I think he was shocked? Stunned? Happy? Confused? It isn't normally hard to read my dad's facial expressions and moods, but right now, it was so damn difficult. I hope I'm not somehow or someway letting him down. I never ever once saw Ash like a sister. I've always saw her as my best friend, sidekick, and this sounds cliché, but the Bonnie to my Clyde. We have gotten into some trouble with each other before, haha. That's a story for a different time, let's just say that.

My dad grabbed my phone from his hands and shook his head, a small teardrop land onto the phone screen. Okay.. Weird, my daddy never ever cries- like ever. This must mean something good, right?

"Jonathan Thomas, this is amazing. Ol' Ashland, huh? I should've known. That time we went to Ash's family's house for Thanksgiving in South Carolina a couple years back or whenever it was, you guys were always close. Like sitting next to one another, hugging and touching on each other, things of that nature. It's been a long time coming, hasn't it?" My dad sniffled softly.

I smiled and started crying myself. He's happy, and he's right; It has been a long time coming. Holy fuck, I've waited years on that woman, I finally have who I always belonged to. She's my whole soul, world, and heart. I don't think she even knows it.

Nodding my head, I finally found the words to say to my father, "Yes, pops. Ashland and I are officially together. After the bullshit Hardy put her through, I was helping her out through all of it, it just kinda... Fell into place, if you will. I'm the happiest guy I could possibly be when I'm with Ash, if only you knew. Don't worry, I'll tell Mama about it later on. She just likes to ramble on and on, and not give me any time to talk at all," Me and my dad both laughed at the last thing I said. I mean, I wasn't wrong, at all.

Ashland's POV:

I was relaxing on the couch while binge-watching this reality TV show that I had been watching here and there while on tour; Floribama Shore. It's on MTV, I can't even lie, it's funny, dramatic, and entertaining. It's one of my favorite TV shows that I enjoy watching any chance I get.

Honestly, I was drinking up on some red wine for the night, too. I felt insanely bad about the fact that I got scared over a conversation. A damn conversation! No one doesn't and shouldn't get upset over a harmless conversation. Jon was talking about us moving in at some point. As much as I'd love to, I don't have the time, nor do I wanna move that fast into our relationship. Yes, I love Jon, and one day, I hope to marry that fine ass fucker.

I contemplated back and forth on if I wanted to call him and apologize for the absolute dumb fact that I wanted to get so sensitive over something that was kind of meaningless. I don't know if he'll answer, but maybe he isn't busy or anything. It's only 8:05 at night. Jon could very well be doing the same exact thing I'm doing. Probably drinking a beer, hanging with his dog, and watching TV. Specifically something sports related. Or maybe even The Office. I wouldn't put it past him.

I stared at my phone's screen. The contact picture of Jon burning a forever image in my brain. The more I looked at my phone, the more it made me miss J. Maybe I do need to call him. No! I'll take the extra mile, no pun intended, and drive by his house. I'll at least text him and tell him that I'll stop by. Therefore he can't say I showed up "unannounced" or anything off the wall like that. Not saying he'd say that, but I see how it went when Michael came up to his house that one time. It was scary shit, honestly.

I threw on my beer drinkin' babe t-shirt, black ripped shorts, and last but not least, a pair of fringed, knee-high cowboy boots. Once I was content with my outfit, I put my hair into two braids. I also grabbed a ballcap. It had the branding Blue Otter Polarized plastered on the middle of it. It's one of my trusty and favorite caps- whenever I wear them.

Right after putting on my cap, I went to my coffee table and found my car keys. It was starting to get warmer outside as it is now April in Tennessee, but during the evenings, it still gets chilly and everything. I had on a coat. To be absolutely and one hundred percent honest, it's one of J's flannels. The best part of it all? It smelt just like him, in turn, made me miss Jon even more.

I had enough with the obsessive whiffing I was doing with the flannel that I hurried into my car after locking the front door, and after sitting in the car, I decided I'd text Jon, tell him that I was coming on by. I hope he isn't busy or anything. I'll travel to see him if I have to. I'd do anything and everything for that man.

Ashland🥰🤪:

hey, Jonny boy! I miss you,
love! I'm sorry about the fiasco
and disaster that happened over
the phone earlier. I wasn't meant
to sound that upset or anything
like that, it just sorta came out
that way, and I hate that.. 😔

I hope you're not mad.
I am missing you so, so much.
I hope you don't mind if I
come and stop by for a bit.
If you're not busy or anything.
If you need to, you can call me.
I love you!! forever and ever,
amen, JLang. ❤️

I sent those two somewhat long text messages and I gripped onto the steering wheel, my nails digging into it. I was a bit nervous on what he'd reply back to it with. What if he is mad about the phone call thing? I would hope he wouldn't be giving me the silent treatment, but this wouldn't be the first time. Maybe he's busy, I know J loves me, but sometimes I get really fucking insecure and I hate it more than words can express.

My text tone went off. Praise the good Lord up above. Jon isn't giving me the silent treatment! He still loves me! Well, there's no denying that nothing would make us not love one another. He's the only one for me. I can never ever let that hot man ever go. Mine!

Jon🤠🌟:

Ashy cash, my number one!
I'm missing you like crazy! 😭
I showed a pic of you to my dad
and oh my gosh, I swear, I think
I low-key got turned on from how
hot and serious you look. 😍

Baby girl, no need to apologize.
I understand that we just got together.
Me bringing up the moving in thing
was probably not the best idea at the
time. I totally understand that. Listen,
baby girl, I'm at my mama and daddy's house. You remember their
address, right? You can come and
see 'em again. They miss ya, too! ❤️

I love you more, my sweet girl. Drive
safe, if you do end up coming by. 😘

Eek! Well, then. I guess I have a change of plans, because now I'm about to be heading off to Jon's parents' house. I'm not even the slightest bit upset about that. I love the Langston's so much. They raised not one, not two, but three loving, handsome and wonderful boys. My favorite being Jon, but I wouldn't admit that to Stephen or Andrew, hehe.

~ The pic of Ashland that Jon showed his dad. It's the "that's her" photo. My heart is MELTING. And Jon's dad's reaction to them dating. HOLY SHIT!!he's so happy, and so am i. I'm sure we all are. It, like his dad said, was a long time coming!😉

~ I am starting to be more active and update my books more. Yayyy, i'm so happy for myself 😂😂 we all know i suck at being 100% active. it isn't that i don't want to update my books, because it's far from that. i truly and really do i want to update as often as i can, but sometimes it can get hard as i have housework, schoolwork, and then writers block comes out of nowhere. That's annoying 🤦🏼‍♀️🤣 anyway, this is the end of my authors note. I'll see ya in the next chapter!💛

~ if you guys enjoyed this chapter, lemme know, vote, comment and add this story to your library. thank you in advance!! 🤍💕

⌦ ⌦ ⌦ Next chapter loading.. ⌫ ⌫ ⌫

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

108K 2.5K 37
Julies friend, Olivia, moves back to Hollywood after living in England for 2 years. But what happens when she can see the boys too? Will she be able...
12.2K 928 30
Two musicians, one school. Taylor wants to start fresh studying the thing she loves most and getting away from her damaged past. Music is what's kep...
23.6K 638 22
Having a crush on one of your closest friends is not easy. You want to tell them how you feel but what if they don't feel the same? Will your friends...
7K 287 60
It was unusual, the pull Ryan felt to Delilah. That want, that need to protect her and care for her.. it was strange. And he didn't like it, yet he c...