Temptation

By imblue891

Xemina Royale thought she was done with Trinity Fox and had left her past behind. The little bit did she know... More

Author's note!!!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10 - Julian's POV
Meet our Characters
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 - Agea's POV
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30 - Julian's POV
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38 - Part 1
Chapter 38 - Part 2
Chapter 39
Chapter 40 - Julian's POV
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50 - Julian's POV
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53- Julian's POV
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68- Julian's POV
Chapter 69- Julian's POV
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapted 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Into the Future...

Chapter 56

1.9K 61 170
By imblue891

« Sans tentation, il n'y a point de victoire. »

« Where there is no temptation there is no glory. »
~~~~~

Three hours and fifty minutes were how long it took me to remake a dress for this meeting. My hands were shaking. My heart was pounding all morning. I successfully transformed this terrible black, lengthy, floral dress into a skin-tight one with only scissors and a needle. The result was less ugly. I wouldn't even wear that to a funeral, but I had to work with it. I styled it with a black coat and my high heel boots.

I found a way last night to watch Julian's father's interviews. Some of them were restricted by the school district. He seemed very chill and had a sense of humor, but they were Mexicans; they could be strict and probably judge me for my outfit. I had no other choice.

I also dug a little deeper into his family and found about Elvero's French Château. It was a real thing. They had lived in a 43 million dollar palace in Houston for almost three generations. How fucking crazy that was? I read an article; the château was modeled after the Palace of Versailles in France. At the extension of my browser restriction, I found some pictures, and it looked like a museum. So vast and magnificent, it was unbelievable Julian was born and raised there. That wasn't the only thing I found out. The place was packed with surveillance 24/7, and no guests were allowed to stay, except for close friends and family members. Because it was also home to the most expensive valuable family heirloom: a 99 million dollar necklace made with 20 carats of 13 different stones for decades. HOW MORE FUCKING RICH COULD THEY GET? They had a treasure inside their home!!!

A knock on my door made me aware it was time to go.

"Alright, you got this." I breathed.

I couldn't wait to see Julian. It has been a week and a half. That was the longest we have been separated, and nothing could describe how much I missed him. The bland food was killing me. I was craving tacos and fish patty burgers; he was the only one who knew how to satisfy me.

My nerves were flying to the roof when I saw the double towers, Elvero Corp. displayed in gold. Those buildings were magnificent. After verification, security pushed the door, and the warm smell of money and coffee welcomed me. Okay, wow! That was the most lavish, tasteful, and tasteful decor ever. The black and gold finish was more breathtaking in person than the pictures. The lobby was crowded, and everyone was fully working, talking, and clacking their keyboards. Others strode to the elevators with their coffee and folders. That didn't stop them from giving surprised glances. Yep, bitches, who would have thought I would step inside those towers with my securities like I owned this motherfucking land?

I spiraled my ring around my middle finger while searching for every detail in this elevator. Form the finished black and gold marble floor to the mirrored walls. The ceiling was black. The buttons were also black, mate. Concentrating on insignificant things calmed my anxiety.

When the elevator opened, here he was in the hall, with two other men. I recognized his brother; they hadn't seen me yet. For a week and a half, he changed a little bit. His hair was more abundant and curly. He looked so fine with his half-buttoned black and gold jewelry.

He was wearing gold today. Hear me out again. HE WAS FUCKING WEARING GOLD! He went with his family's signature color. GOLD. Would I be wrong to pass out right now? How could someone look so fucking attractive and sexy as hell?

I pushed my bodyguard out of the way and ran straight to him. By reflex, he spotted me, just in time for him to open his arms. I jumped on him, almost knocking us down on the ground.

"Holy shit!" He chuckled and hugged me tighter, spun me around. I didn't care who was watching. I finally got my man back, and I was going to make the most of it.

"Fuck, I missed you."

"I missed you so much too, baby." He pressed his lips against mine. His lips tasted so good. I moaned while cupping his face to profound our kiss.

"OKAY!, no más por favor!" His brother yelled and pulled us away. "Hola princesa, soy Ronald. The reason why you are together." He stepped in front of his brother with a charming smile. Which did nothing because I could still see Julian's upset face over his face.

"False." He groaned.

"Cállate!"

"Yo! Cabrón! Don't tell me to shut up."

I didn't have siblings, but you could smell a fraternal fight was about to get cooking. Julian's Texican accent was coming out strongly. It was really hot.

"I am your older brother, mano. You're lucky your girlfriend is here because I would bust you out, biatch!"

"And you're lucky you got herpes, and I don't want to touch you cause I would drown you in one of the toilets, biatch!"

"I did not need to know that." I blinked slowly.

"He is playing." Ronald scoffed with his hands on his hips. They looked alike, yet so different. He had brown eyes and a lazy stubble, scruffy beard. He was less muscular. The Elvero family was beautiful. They produced the most gorgeous people.

"Hey, guys! They are waiting for you." A man with a blue suit appeared in the hallway, then disappeared.

"Alright, see ya inside." Ronald winked at me and patted his brother's shoulder before following the man.

I forgot why I was here. My breathing was getting louder, my hands were sweating, and I had a cramp in my chest. Julian realized my color drained from my face. He sighed and pulled me closer in his arms.

"It's going be fine. Don't panic."

"What if they don't like me?" I mumbled against his chest.

"They already like you, bébé." He chuckled. "Simply relax, be yourself, and you will be fine. I got you. Okay?"

"Okay." I nodded.

"C'mon." He smiled and offered me his hand. We interlaced our fingers. I felt more relieved, but his words didn't take away the racing heartbeat.

When we got in front of tinted glass doors, Julian squeezed my hand with a reassuring smile and kissed my forehead.

"I love you."

"I know; I love you too." I smiled at him.

He slid the door, and my anxiety sort of faded away when I noticed Mr. Davis. Mark didn't come. I expected better of him, but he was a true coward.

Mr. Elvero, his wife, and Ronald were sitting at the head of the table. Julian and I took a seat to sit in front of them. His parents smiled at me—a genuinely sweet smile.

"Ah! Xemina!" He stood up to greet me. He shook my hand, but his mother pulled me in for a hug. It was lovable and surprising. I expected them to bash me or give me awful treatment. It was harsh to assume that, I knew, but they were the Elveros. They looked down on you and spread fear. Powerful as they could get, they had the USA at their feet. How much blood did they shred during decades? Yet, I didn't see the monstrous animals they painted them to be when I walked inside this room.

"Glad to meet you. The last time we met, you were so little, making a mess in your father's office with powdered donuts."

Oh nice, the only memory of me he had was so embarrassing.

"Gotta Love the donuts." I joked, setting the mood.

"I love your dress! Who is your stylist?" Mrs. Elvero cheered. I searched for an ounce of sarcasm behind her smile, but she seemed genuine. She was so beautiful. Her face was structured to hold power, one glance, and she would make you bow down, or death await for you. She wore a lot of jewelry, just like her sons. It was one hell of a family.

"I redesigned it myself."

What was that? Was that proudness on her face? Oh, Wow. I just won mama bear's heart.

"Where's Mark?" Julian asked.

"He didn't come." Mr. Davis responded. "But he sent a letter. He will resign as your conservator, but not as Royal's Inc Executive Chef."

Bastard. 

"Does that mean I am getting full control of my finances, my health, my social media, I can get out of Trinity when I want, make actual choices for myself, have a job, be outside actually living?"

"That is wonderful news!" Mr. Elvero said. "Xemina, you are welcome in this family. I'm ready to provide you with any support you need. I am sorry your father and I weren't on the best terms, caught in a web of conflict when all we had to do was cut the web."

"I wish he was here to witness this moment too. He is a man of understanding and tender. He would have made things easier."

"Yeah, he was. He was also a passionate and talented businessman. That would be my best regret. I didn't try to work with him."

"Oh, I am sure it will be fine," I told him.

"We wished we could have worked together now, but it is impossible, so we hope a future with you, at the head of Royale's Inc." The pressure on his tone suggested he was throwing all the shades to Marc.

"Nothing would be more agreeable to work with you and your son. Two huge companies like ours could make greater good in this world, and that is not something I will sleep on." I could officially say my first impression went well. The Elveros and Mr. Davis lips were at their ears.

"We can see how Julian could fall in love with a girl like you. You're an extraordinary girl." Mrs. Elvero spoke. Her accent was beautiful. Julian looked like his father a lot. The blue, striking eyes and the silky, long hair; he had a few grays, and his beard was well-trimmed. I wasn't joking when I said they were literal beauty. His mother was so young and natural, her beauty was from her roots, and she took care of herself. I needed to know what type of product she used. My mother, without plastic surgery, would look like her mom.

"She is not going to sleep tonight," Julian commented while sipping a gold liquid on his glass, which I recently realized I also had a drink in front of me. We laughed and lightly hit his thigh under the table. He grabbed my hand and interlaced our fingers.

"Thank you, Mrs. Elvero."

"Oh, please! Lose the formality. We're not that old." We all chuckled. "Call us, Leonel and Maria."

"Welcome to our crazy-ass family." Ronald raised his drink, followed by Leo, Maria, Mr. Davis, and us. Since I accepted to be in a relationship with Julian, I've been worried about his parents. I assumed they would throw away what we had and keep us apart, and I was wrong. They were rooting for us. They accepted me and wanted us to be together. I was so delighted I was wrong. I foresaw the moment the truth would get out, I would be lost and have no more life, but no, it was never my fate.

Whoever published these pictures to hurt me, us. I would thank them because they set me free. They forced us to confront our fear, and guess what? It wasn't near bad; I was feeling happiness. I wanted to scream like a toddler.

"You want something. We have your back. I can provide you with an assistant to help you with your finances. We can hook you up with Julian's social manager. You are already 18. We can get you in the business quickly." Leonel offered.

"For real?" I gasped, eyes wide open with excitement. "I mean sure!"

It was remarkable how Mark ditched this meeting. That should be him offering me these wonderful opportunities, not my boyfriend's father. He should be embarrassed and shameful; I wanted him to feel it.

"What do you like to do aside from studying and business-related?" Maria asked with her arms crossed on the table.

"I haven't focused on what I like for a long time. I thought I couldn't have a dream of my own. But I drew sketches like...my mom. I stopped when I was fourteen, but that is a skill I would like to pick up again."

"Well, that is an excellent idea. I know a famous fashion designer who would be glad to work with you no matter where you are." She clapped her hands and jumped on her seat.

"That is surreal! Thank you so much!"

"¿Hablas Español?" Ronald asked, one eyebrow raised.

"No, unfortunately, Julian doesn't want to teach me." I pouted.

"Me?" He put his hand on his chest offensively. "Wai- what? When did that become my fault?"

Another laughter settled.

"You will learn to speak. We're Mexican! Spanish is our motherland language."

"I am half Columbian, that's my language, and I want to speak it."

"Terrific. We have a plane to catch in a few." Leo stood up. "I believe everything we needed to say has been said."

"Yes." Mr. Davis confirmed. "When it comes to Xemina Royale's legal matter, I would be the one to represent her. There are no worries." He also got up. He opened his work case and handed me a paper.

"He agreed to stand down as your conservator, but still confident he could win the company. When times come to go to court, I don't want to put you in that environment. Let me and Kwan take care of it. All I need from you is a recording. It could be a voice memo or video telling your story. I would get your medical records and any other documents. Do not worry. Are we clear?"

"We are clear. Thank you."

"We will be in contact, and this is my card. It has my work phone number and my offices' addresses, Toronto to New York. See you soon Royale, and congrats! Welcome to the crew." He shook our hands before also leaving.

"So wassup?" Ronald turned to his father and put his hands on his hips.

"We're going home. Go find your sister. We have to get to the airport in a minute." He loosened his tie.

"Home? So you're not coming back to Trinity?" I asked Julian. I barely had him for a few minutes. I wasn't ready to go back without him.

"You didn't tell her?" His mom questioned him.

"Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you. We're going to Texas."

It took me a few seconds to process.

"Like Texas, Texas? To the French Château?"

"That is merely an exaggerated term the press gave our house, but yes, we thought it would be nice to have you for a week with us," Leonel explained.

"We will be back a week before the exams to study, but if you don't-."

"With all due respect to your parents, but fuck yes, I am going!" I cut Julian. I wouldn't waste my chance to enter a house made with stones designed to look like Versailles. I sent a worried glance to his parents because I just cursed. They snorted. "But I don't have clothes." I sighed.

"Don't worry, mija." Maria grabbed her purse and flipped her silky dark hair off her shoulder.

We got to the cars, and Ronald parted ways to find their sister. His parents gave us the decency to have our own chauffeur, so we could "catch up." Leonel's wink wasn't that subtle.

I was thrilled to know that Agea and Xavier were doing well. There were still talking in Trinity. Agea and Thea were running the palace while we were away. Did they plan to expose us because they thought we would go away? It was so petty and childish; it made me laugh. I would thank them.

Paparazzi were already waiting for us in front of the airport. Someone must have tipped them that I was going to Texas with them. Julian wasn't happy. The part he hated about being a celebrity. I was calmed and aware of my entourage. His phone vibrated; it was his dad.

"We have to run inside." He read the message and put his phone back in his pocket.

"There's so many out there." I checked out of the window. A sea of cameras and flashes, waiting for us. No sense of regard, we were humans, and we weren't fond of a camera pointed at our face.

"Damn it, no signs of Ronald. Ready?"

"Yep."

He opened the door and helped me out. They already marched their way to us with their cameras and flashes, throwing all kinds of questions at us. Julian passed his arms around my neck, and we foot it inside the airport. His parents joined us. The world now knew we were official. I was overjoyed, but also nervous. Our relationship had become more intense and more responsible. I felt guilty asking myself, what if we broke up? I had bad luck in relationships, and I knew it wasn't reasonable to reckon about that. Shawn was my first boyfriend, and it went wrong. We were still young, and we would make many mistakes. Was I doubting Julian? Of course not... I didn't know. I was lost because it felt too surreal. And again, it wasn't what I expected.

Life was too satisfactory. I sensed something terrible was coming. It was an awry feeling buried inside me, digging its way out. I had no idea what it was and how the hat was the scariest part. Did it have something with our relationship? I would do anything to keep it like this, but would he? Or was I worrying myself for no reason? But I couldn't ignore my gut feelings.

Ronald and Amara finally came. This one was at a modeling class. She wanted to follow her elder brother's steps. It was so heartwarming to observe Julian's smile when she talked about him, even though they would have little fights. She grew up a little bit, but her style hadn't changed. She would likely be tall and so pretty with her blue ocean eyes.

It was time to get on board. At the sight of the plane, I gasped loudly.

"Holy shit." I breathed. The black plane with two gold stripes and Elvero displayed at the tail was so gigantic and beautiful. "This is how you travel?"

"No, this is the family-private plane." Julian chuckled. "It's a Boeing 777x VIP. It can travel anywhere in the world. We have two other private jets for fewer miles or one person traveling." He explained.

I was poor in front of these people because my dad would never buy a plane like this. Not that he couldn't, but he wouldn't. We lived in a penthouse in New York and only had one private jet. It wasn't necessary to have all this since we were the only ones.

The inside decor was more impressive. The white and brown complimented the taste of this airplane. And the powdered metal ceiling was I was in a flying mansion. After a few minutes in the air, Julian's parents began to tell me stories, and I finally knew why Julian's left toe was so hideous. He was never born with a nail in there. The poor guy was getting roasted left and right by his family while I was sitting there pissing myself. Now I understood why he had such a potty mouth. He had to fight for his life every day with his siblings, and his parents weren't helping much. They just sat there drinking while fighting in Spanish and English. Most of the time, I didn't understand shit, but I was dying. The insults were sharp and ridiculous. In the middle of the fight, Julian and Amara teamed up against Ronald. They were washing him.

The things finally calmed down. Amara fell asleep on Ronald with her AirPods on. Leonel and Maria were discussing something while Ronald was on the phone. Julian went to take a shower. My hand slowly fell from the chair resting on my thigh. I laid my head back. The window's brightness forced me to shut my eyes, but I didn't have the strength to ask to close it. Watching the clouds gradually disappear and the plane engine roaring brought me peace. Cold fingers gazed at my arm's skin, and I jumped out of my seat. It was only Leonel. I mumbled an apology and sat straight.

"Why don't you take Amara and take a nap in the bedroom? That chair is uncomfortable to sleep in." He sweetly suggested. "We will be in Houston in a minute."

"Sure, thank you." I smiled back. Ronald shook Amara's shoulder. She abruptly sat down, wiping the drooling out with her palm, but ended up smearing it on her cheek.

"Are we there yet?" She looked around frantically with a grave, sleepy voice.

"No, not yet. Go sleep in the bedroom." Her father helps her get up. She gave me a little grin before following me to the master suite. How fucking mind-blowing was that?

As we scuffed our way there, Julian was coming out of the bathroom with a towel, drying his wet hair.

"Hey." He kissed my forehead. "Y'all going to sleep?"

We nodded like zombies. He snickered and made space for us to keep scuffing. We dropped on the bed. Amara was already long gone in a minute. I sunk in the mattress until I couldn't feel my limbs. The plane traveling through the wavy air pressure and the bed's vibration guided me to deeper sleepiness. Not even turbulences would wake me up.

~~~~~

One more chapter close to the end...

Or not. That would have been a such a sweet ending but too bad I am not that kind of author. ❤︎❤︎❤︎

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.8K 1.8K 43
Freedom comes at a price and a young Earthal princess must live the life of somebody else, even if it means facing evil threats and impossible odds. ...
93 0 48
Avalon has the good look, good grades, friends, three wonderful brothers, caring and loving parents. Everyone would think she has everything, and tha...
49.3K 1.3K 40
This is Amber Carter's story. Her life completely changed over night. Something she'll never forget and something she has to live with for the rest o...
755 242 30
****MYSTERY/THRILLER ****Young Adult/Teen Fic..?πŸ˜… '''How to survive at R. H. A : ~ Don't judge a book by its cover because nothing is as it see...