Delicate Bond ✔

By Little_Dreamerz

In a world where werewolves secretly co-exist with humans, it quite common for werewolves to reject their sou... More

Author's note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Epilogue

Chapter 34

5.5K 185 10
By Little_Dreamerz

Of course, soon the mermaid was noticed and caught for trespassing. I needed a lot of time since the process of trying to release the mermaid from the custody of the Royal guards and giving her the status of a refugee was a lengthy one.

If the girl came far from the state that is currently filled with chaos, the least I can do is to listen to her.

Once the girl was given the status of refugee I invited her for tea so she can tell me more about the situation in the Mermaid state.

"Now, Mira, why did you decide to come here?" The identification documents showed that her name is Mira and she is at least sixteen years old.

"In hopes that you can stop the war?" In the last part of the sentence, Mira hesitantly spoke while I wanted to shake my head.

She is brave but she is still naive about how politics work.

"Unfortunately, it's not how things work." I sighed. I've only recently entered the royal family. I don't have that kind of influence nor power to stop the war with one word especially since I'm not the Empress.

I usually don't take interest in actions that my in-laws make and rarely comment, this might be one of the werewolves' nature of always siding with the pack.

"The thing is I'm the daughter of the President of the Mermaid state, my father never wanted the war but someone framed my father."

"So someone working behind the scenes to fuel the riot?" I asked the girl and she nodded and then I sighed.

It's becoming more complicated than I expected. I have little knowledge about the history but I knew the economic structure of the Mermaid state. I can't give a good judgment on the matter.

After all, I was given the responsibility to attend social events and increase the popularity of the royal family.

"If you are telling the truth, the only thing I can do is to ask my husband to investigate the matter. If he is willing to investigate or not it's not up to me." I told Mira. I could only promise her that much.

"Alright, I understand. Thank you for at least releasing me from the prison and giving me refugee status, your highness." The girl dismissed herself.

I can only sigh because I wasn't sure how the whole situation would end up. I just needed to make a note to write a letter to Kai and ask to investigate it.

I drank my tea for a little bit and then I left the room. I had also promised to drink tea with the Empress so I decided to rest for a little bit in my room before I went to the drawing-room where Empress Vivianne was waiting for me.

The previous meeting did tire me out morally and I know that Empress Vivianne will also ask about the situation.

Though I wished that I could stay in my room for a bit more time, I didn't want to be late.

I made sure to look at the mirror to check if I needed to fix something before heading out to the drawing-room.

Once I entered the room the Empress was already sitting and waiting for me.

"I hope I didn't make you wait." I almost wanted to use honorifics but then I remembered she asked me not to use it so I bit down the urge.

"No you didn't make me wait, please sit down, Evelyn" Empress Vivianne politely spoke. I sat down on the opposite side of her.

"Last few weeks have been difficult for you, Evelyn?" Empress Vivianne decided to start with those words but I knew where the topic was headed.

"Indeed, it was." I kept my answer short. It was not a simple task to release a mermaid who trespassed in the Royal Palace.

"So what that poor girl asked you?" Empress Vivianne spoke with a hint of curiosity in her voice.

"At first she asked to stop the war then she asked me to investigate since someone might be scheming to frame her father," I told the truth to the Empress. Empress Vivianne only looked sympathetically.

"Looks like the riot got more chaotic." The Empress gently sighed as she sipped the tea and I only hummed in agreement.

"You know you will be facing a more difficult choice like this once you'll become the Empress." Empress Vivianne continued.

Well, I'm glad that Kai isn't the first person in line for the throne. Wait a minute.

"Why so? I don't want to make you upset but currently, I don't want to become the Empress." I truthfully told her but the Empress grinned.

"Aww too bad, the Naulorian throne can be passed to those who are married."

Is this her way of telling me that I should be prepared to take on such an important role?

I could only take a sip from the strawberry-flavored tea.

"Oh, I noticed that you are making remarkable progress. the academic community accepted your work and people had positive opinions about you during the state banquet." Empress Vivianne decided to change the topic and praise me.

The Empress was right, people were praising me for the research paper I've made and also Naulorians loved to see me in the traditional outfit during the state banquet.

Looking at my popularity in Nauloria and looking at my fans even I get surprised by the effect I give off. Though I still should remember that they might treat me differently after 10 years.

Surprisingly enough, recently there weren't rumors nor talks about Violet Degrove as she disappeared from the face of the earth. I wonder why she suddenly decided to back down?

After tea, the Empress asked to check up on Crown Prince Adrian and tell him that his mother wants to talk about something.

For some reason there was no staff near the crown prince's chamber so unfortunately, I couldn't delegate the task.

I knocked on the door of his chamber and then entered the room. Unfortunately, Prince Adrian was after the shower and he was half-naked so to my embarrassment I had to hurriedly close the door.

A few minutes later Prince Adrian opened the door and asked.

"Is there something you needed, my sister-in-law?" Prince Adrian asked politely without mentioning what happened previously.

"The Empress wishes to see you," I told him while I was also trying to forget what had happened recently. Then Prince Adrian sighed and walked along with me.

"Next time, please don't enter my room." Prince Adrian politely warned.

"Is it because of what happened earlier?" I asked but Adrian just shook his head.

"No, since I don't have a companion, I give off pheromones to attract a companion if you enter the room you can easi-." I decided to interrupt Prince Adrian since I understood his point.

My step-grandmother told me that the more a siren stays single the easier for sirens to attract the soulmate.

"So unless you don't want to become the crown princess, then you should avoid my room." I can only lightly scoff.

"Where did you both get such a weird sense of humor?" I quietly muttered and Prince Adrian could only chuckle.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I hope you enjoyed reading Chapter 34 ! ^-^

 As it mentioned before in the book that the higher ranking sirens tend to be pickier because they are on the pinacle of power and wealth and everyone would seek to mated with them. Though the more time passes , the more they seek to be in partnership and unconsiously they give off pheromones and his room is filled with his scent.

And no, Evelyn won't be developing romantic feelings towards Prince Adrian due blood bond with Kai. 

Though in a sequel or triquel , there is interesting development for Evelyn and Prince Adrian. If you wanna know more about it comment or DM ;)

Well I hope you enjoyed my rambling lol.

Don't forget to vote and leave a comment!

I will see you later my dearest alligators <3!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

186K 5.2K 23
THIS STORY IS TRASH SO READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!! Kalani Prince is a 5'5 diva. Shes fun, sarcastic, gorgeous, nice... everyone loves her.... well most d...
15.1M 557K 56
Prince of Werewolf's, Alto August Nolan has been searching for his life mate for years, traveling all around the world. The 'Dark' prince soon gives...
194K 5.4K 36
WARNING: UNDER EXTREME EDITING An Alpha King A Human Girl Alpha King Luca Mason, 23, known to be the greatest Alpha of all time. The only thing is he...
13.6K 433 23
In the process of being edited**** Prophecy states that a royal vampire will fated to a werewolf. Through their love they will bring unity between t...