I'm At War With A Nameless Ki...

By storyland321

This is the third and epic finale in the Powers vs Immortales Trilogy. Carter has a choice to make. She had b... More

10 years ago...
Saved by a girl in a sparkly cheer uniform
Escape
The Necklace
Jeremiah's Secrets
Flash Back
Breaking News
Drew??
Cliff Diving
Lucky Number 14
Making a Deal with the Devil
Back Together (co-written by ashtonDanceStar)
Car Chase
Out of Money
Ty
Romance at a Beauty Pagent
And the winner is....
Relationship Issues
Car Arguments
Back to the Mansion
The Great Plan
A Letter from the Powers
More Pink Spray Paint and Sunglasses
4 minutes to save the world
Epilogue

Prophecy

496 38 2
By storyland321

Carter's POV

Everyone gathered around Ashton and looked at the new necklace. We were all speechless for a moment.

Avalon was the first to speak up, "Is that a pentagram? Are we a cult or something now?"

Eva shook her head and said, "No that is a Wiccan symbol. A pentacle I believe. It is the opposite of a pentagram... I think. It isn't evil or anything though."

Everyone gave her a confused look. We were all wondering why she knew that.

She saw our looks and explained, "I had a Wiccan friend for awhile before Ava and me found out what we were and went into hiding..."

Damian cleared his throat and said, "Well.... this is definitely a turn of events."

I turned to Ashton and noticed her eyes were unfocused and she seemed to be in lala land. I snapped my finger in front of her eyes and said, "Um...Ashton, are you okay?"

Her eyes began glowing and she started chanting something. The way she said it, it sounded like a poem.

"Outnumbered and cornered,

You must fight to the death.

The war will not end,

until only one side stands.

Betrayed and confused,

problems will arise.

If you can't overcome them,

all will die.

You must stand,

and fight for each other.

At least one will die,

for the love of another.

If the seven can not stand together,

they will all die alone.

They must help each other,

to take the Immortales from the throne."

After she said the last line she fainted. Blaise caught her and laid her down gently. We were all taking in the words that were said. It seemed like a prophecy.

We probably would have stood there for a lot longer, but Ashton groaned and her eyes opened. They were back to normal now.

"W-what happened?" She asked.

"Well for starters, you started chanting a really creepy prophecy type thing while your eyes were glowing. Then you fainted," Blaise said.

She started to get up and he offered her a hand, which she ignored. She got up on her own and brushed herself off.

"Do you not remember any of that?" I asked.

She thought for a moment and then said, "The last thing I remember is catching the necklace."

We all suddenly remembered the necklace and looked at her hand. It was still clenched tightly in her hand. She loosened her grip on it and put it around her neck. In her hand was an imprint from the necklace.

"Well, you told us a creepy prophecy and then fainted," I said.

"What was the prophecy?" She asked.

"It went:

Outnumbered and cornered,

You must fight to the death.

The war will not end,

until only one side stands.

Betrayed and confused,

problems will arise.

If you can't overcome them,

all will die.

You must stand,

and fight for each other.

At least one will die,

for the love of another.

If the seven can not stand together,

they will all die alone.

They must help each other,

to take the Immortales from the throne," Eva said.

We all looked at her again and she said, "What? I have a really good memory, okay?"

If the situation wasn't so serious I probably would have laughed a little bit. Ashton seemed to be thinking over the prophecy.

Ashton finally said, "It says, at least one will die. So...that means that one of us is not-"

I cut her off, "Let's not talk about that. We can't do anything about it anyways."

She understood that I didn't want to worry the group too much so she changed the subject and asked, "So, it says seven... does that mean I am part of your group now?"

"Yeah, I guess. Welcome to the group," I said. I smiled and offered her my knuckle. She smiled back and gave me a fist bump.

I was trying to lighten the mood. I didn't need the whole group freaking out right now. We had more important things to do and we had to be at the top of our game.

"So, can I know all your secrets, that I couldn't know before?" Ashton asked.

I thought a moment before shrugging and saying, "Yeah, I guess. I will tell you later though. Right now we need to hi-jack a car and we don't have William's help"

"I can do it," Ashton and Blaise said at the same time.

The looked at each other for a moment before Blaise said, "I know how to hi-jack a car. As long as you guys watch my back long enough so I don't get caught."

"Well, I can trick people into doing what I want. It works best on guys though," Ashton said, "So it shouldn't be too hard to get a car from some random guy."

"You mean what you did on the guard?" I asked.

"Yeah, I guess so," She replied.

"Well, if we find a car with no one around we will let Blaise do it and if we find a guy with a car we will let Ashton do it," I said.

"Well, I 'hate' to be the devil's advocate, but first we have to get out of this forest," Avalon said.

"Eva, Karl, which way should we go?" I asked.

"Well, I have no idea. I have x-ray vision and behind every tree is another tree, so that doesn't help," Karl said.

"Um...the trees become less dense this way," Eva said, "I am hoping that means this way is the way out. Let me fly up and check. Just a second."

She shifted into a pretty robin and then flew up. She soared through the sky and looked around for awhile. Finally she flew back down and shifted back into her normal self.

"No, I was wrong. That is just a clearing. But there is a way out over this way. I saw a highway in that direction," Eva said while pointing over where she saw the highway.

We nodded and followed her towards the direction she had pointed. It took us at least an hour to get to the edge of the forest, but it gave me plenty of time to think.

I thought about what we were going to do once we got to New Orleans. It wouldn't be easy, that was for sure. We would have to be very careful and stick together at all times.

"Rowen, what are you looking at?" Damian asked. I turned and saw Rowen staring of in a direction.

"Nothing, I just got distracted. There is just a bunch of deer over there. I can hear them," Rowen explained.

He seemed deep in thought too. I felt bad for him. He was the only one of us with no drama and no care in the word. He had the love of his life and he was happy and his life was perfect. I wished he wouldn't have had to be pulled out of that world to join this one.

But we didn't get to choose who was chosen. We were all randomly chosen and each of us had to deal with that. At the moment, I wasn't sure if this 'gift' of mine was a wonderful gift or a horrible curse. Maybe, it was a little bit of both.

We finally reached the highway and I said, "Looks like we get to see Ashton's power in work. The rest of us will stay out of sight and Ashton will try to get someone to pull over and then get them to give us the car. Okay?"

Everyone nodded and we got behind the trees while Ashton put on her award-winning smile and walked over the the side of the road. A guy in his twenties driving an SUV pulled over.

"Hey girl, what are you doing out here all alone. Need a ride?" He winked at Ashton.

She giggled, flipped her hair, and batted her eyelashes before taking his hand, "Yeah actually I do."

Pink mist started coming from Ashton's hand. I snaked up his arm and then went to his chest where his heart was. He suddenly went into a trance like state. He got out of the car and she took his keys.

"Thanks!" Ashton said, "C'mon guys!" We all got in the SUV she had taken from the guy.

Once we were all in she drove off and said, "Wow, he had a really small brain. That was alot easier than usual."

"Why does she get to drive?" Blaise said.

"Because I did all the work," Ashton said.

Blaise rolled his eyes and said, "Yeah, but we need a good driver."

Ashton gave him a quick glare and said, "Don't make me hit you again."

He shut up after that and let her drive in peace. I sighed. I knew those two would cause us some trouble. I just hoped they could control it and not get us all killed.

=====================================

HEY! How have you guys been?

Hope you guys like the chapter because the prophecy was freaking hard to write. I don't exactly love poetry. I am pretty good at writing it, but I usually write a Haiku (sp?) or Tanka (sp?). I suck at free verse.

I think I rewrote it about 5 times. Maybe more. (Actually it was probably alot more than that lol. I was difficult to get it to sound just right)

So what do you guys think will happen?

Who will die?

Who will betray them?

and most importantly:

DO YOU LIKE PICKLES? (Sorry I have had alot of sugar and on top of that I haven't had much sleep. :P)

Don't forget to...

VOTE!

COMMENT!

FAN!

and Facebook?

<3Story

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7M 255K 52
Lila had a family. And for a while they were happy. Then on her eighteenth birthday, her Parents, brother, and his mate died in a tragic car accident...
425K 15.7K 42
THIS WAS MY FIRST ATTEMPT AT WRITING, READ AT OWN RISK! THERE ARE MANY ERRORS, AS MAJORITY OF IT IS UNEDITED. IF YOU WISH TO READ A MORE PUNCTUALLY A...
1.2M 43.4K 49
Liam was actually excited to find his mate. It would be nice to have someone to help him with pack business. Keeping the borders safe and punishing r...
12M 575K 127
[COMPLETE] Some bonds can't be broken, even in death. -- He couldn't endure another heartbreak. "Accepting her would be a mistake," he said. "She's a...