Relationship Issues

Carter's POV

While Ashton was performing, I was in the back of the auditorium. I wasn't watching the show though, I was watching the people watching the show. Damian was outside watching to see which cars and people drove by.

I knew we needed money, but I also knew this was a bad idea. Our faces were on the most wanted list of both the humans and Immortales. Anyone at any moment could recognize one of us and alert the police.

I stayed in the shadows and for the most part, nobody really noticed me. I don't even think my own group knew where I was. They just knew that me and Damian had left. I didn't want to worry them.

I knew that when we were on edge our powers tended to get out of control. I couldn't have them injuring themselves and others, so I kept alot of things from them. The only person I told everything to was Damian. I knew that I should start telling Ashton everything since she was now my second in command, but I knew if I told her she might get nervous on stage and mess up. So I decided to keep it from her this time.

As I was sitting there and observing the audience, I decided to look over where my group was and see how they were doing. I looked over and saw that Blaise and Avalon were gone. I was immedietely on high alert.

I left to go outside, and I left in such a rush that I didn't even notice Eva's head laying on Karl's shoulder and Karl's arm wrapped around Eva. I didn't notice that they weren't even watching the show and were instead looking into each others eyes.

I went outside to go look for them. I saw Damian leaning against the wall outside the building and he gave me a worried look as I walked towards him.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"I just noticed that Blaise and Avalon aren't in their seats. I'm going to go look for them around back quick. If I'm not back in 10 minutes get everyone out of there immedietly," I said.

Before he could argue with me and say that it was too dangerous to go alone, I was already heading to the back of the building. I knew there was a back enterence out here, so I figured they might have left this way to get some fresh air or something.

Just as I turned the corner I saw someone run into the back door and the door slam shut behind them. I couldn't tell who it was, but it was obviously a girl wearing a dress. It must have been one of the pagent girls.

A few seconds later I heard voices from around the corner. I recognized them as Blaise and Avalon's voices.

"What's wrong, Blaise?" Avalon asked.

"N-nothing... it's just...." I heard Blaise sigh and then say sadly, "I'm sorry Ava. You are the only person I have ever been able to relate to. We are best friends, but just best friends."

There was a silence for a while before Avalon finally said with an angry voice, "It's Ashton, isn't it? What do you see in her?! She is nothing like you! She doesn't understand you! I doubt she even cares about you!!!"

Suddenly Avalon was turning the corner and I quickly ducked around the other corner so she wouldn't see me. I decided it would be best not to get in the way of an angry Avalon.

"Ava, wait!" I heard Blaise call after her.

"Don't call me Ava!" I heard her snap at him. Then I heard a door open and slam shut. A few seconds later it was slowly openned and shut again. I turned around the corner and saw they were both gone. I sighed and turned around to walk back over to the front of the building.

As I turned around though I slammed into the body of someone else. It was a girl. She was wearing all black. She punched me in the face and I stumbled back in shock. I hesitated for a second and then realized she must be an Immortale and got into a fighting stance.