Game of Prythian

Autorstwa Cait2025

In the beginning and in the end, there is darkness; Nothing more. Kana Archeron has spent her entire life be... Więcej

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Part 2
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Epilogue
Thank you/SEQUEL!
SEQUEL!!!!
Thank You!!!

Chapter Twenty

298 9 0
Autorstwa Cait2025

Rhysand's POV:

I nursed my glass, brooding. Cassian sat beside me with his own glass. I took a sip and Cassian said, "I want to kill Tamlin." Now, more than ever apparently.

"We all have for many years now." I muttered. My brother snarled at me, "She's twenty, Rhysand! We at least lasted until our fifties, but we knew things then. She's still stuck trying to figure out why he would do something like that!"

I finished off my glass in one big gulp. I sighed and covered my eyes with my hand, "I want him dead too," Cassian looked a bit relieved. "But it's not our kill."

I watched my brother straighten, "Mabe not but it's unlikely she'll ever pick up a knife again." I sighed, wishing I at least knew what Cas knew. I wish my own mate trusted me like she trusted my brother.

Cas said, as if he'd read my mind, "All you've shown her is the mask Rhysie, show her the Court of Dreams." I blinked, A fluffy head sat in my lap. Shad glared up at me.

I scratched his head, "Feyre will want to see you." He huffed and layed down at my feet. A small note popped into my lap. I read it over quickly, with the graceful handwriting of hers, Kana wants me to show you all the training ground tomorrow. You'll have a chance to meet the Illyrian Commander.

I showed the note to my brother. He smiled, "It's about time," We chated until we both found our way to our rooms. I walked through the barren halls, and a cold hand gripped my elbow.

I turned to Kana, her face was grave. I glanced ehr over quickly, "What's happened?"

"Tamlin's threatening us, I just wanted to warn you. If he makes a move you all need to winnow out. We can handle him." I pinched my lips together. "I will not just leave you-"

Her nails cut through my jacket, "You need to get her out of here." I blinked, Feyre would probably freak if she even scented Tamlin. I'd have to knock her out just to get her to calm down, if her nightmares were any indication.

I nodded, she slumped and rubbed her brows. She leaned against the wall, I offered her an arm. Kana looked at me gratefully. She took it, and leaned heavily on me.

She was weak, and I had not seen Hava around much. I reached out with my power until I found them. Nuala, Cerridwen could you all keep an eye on Kana when we aren't here? I felt the wrath's compliance. A bit of excitement as well, they had felt the same joy when they met Feyre for the first time.

I helped Kana to her door, she glared at me. A mother stared back, "If you aren't busy," She started and leaned into her door as coughing racked her body. I gripped her shoulder to keep her upright.

She waved me off, when they came to a slow stop. She repeated, "If you aren't busy, I'd like to take you to one of the orphanages. I think the boys are a bit routy from not learning real fighting techniques apparently."

I snorted, it sounded just like Cas and I when we were younglings. I nodded and smiled a bit, "I'd like that, Cas would go because you asked him. He'd probably enjoy it though."

Kana sighed and stepped into her room shutting the door behind her. I turned on my heel, shoving my hands into my pockets. Az appeared out of the shadows like a dark angel.

He murmured in my ear, "Tamlin is pissed off." I glared at him, "That we already knew."

His face was blank, "I mean he killed the guards that were on watch for treason. He is now doing everything in his power to claim Feyre back." His voice was low, Feyre most likely wouldn't be able to hear us from this distance.

I sighed, "It's her choice, to whatever comes down to it" Az nodded, he stared at me for a second longer. I glared at him, his eyes sparked, he then disappeared into his shadows.

I ducked into my room, it was the only place I could hide tonight.

✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ♞ ♝ ♜ ♛ ♜ ♝ ♞ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵

Feyre's POV:

"How come you never showed me this?" I frowned. Kana shrugged, "This is where I usually come for some peace and quiet. But it seems the house is silent enough these days."

Hava was here this morning, and Kana had asked her to show Rhysand and Cassian the orphanages. I glared at her, Cassian's eyes flashed with something I couldn't place.

Azriel ended up joining the both of them. Kana wanted to show me what I was missing. She motioned for me to start on what I knew. I closed my eyes, reaching for the part of myself that was cool, calming like the ocean. I opened my eyes and summoned the droplets of water around me. Kana frowned, "The other elements?"

I glanced down, "This is the only one I've been able to summon." Kana nodded, "Do you remember that rage? Both the burning and the icey knife?"

I continued, "I cut through the air, with the might of the mage. Don't forget to toss your coin, or you'll be caught in his strife."

Kana nodded, "I'm surprised you remembered it. The mage isn't important, but everything else is." Kana explained quickly, "Both fire and ice need rage to connect but they are both different types of anger."

I nodded, "What about the second verse." Kana's eyes flashed, "You won't understand it for some time, Feyre, but never forget it."

I nodded. And thought about it, what made me burn? My mind wandered to one of Rhysand and I's arguments. I smiled a bit, yet forced myself to be back in my shoes. We argued, I acted rash.

And he laughed, laughed just like the rest of those petty fools in Spring Court. Kana held out a candle, my eyes narrowed, the candle flicked to life. She nodded, "Good, Ice next."

"I don't think I've ever been in an icey rage." I muttered. Kana snorted, "I could name a few if you'd like." I rolled my eyes, "I don't think four year old tantrums count."

Kana nodded, smiling a little. "Put yourself in Emerie's shoes then, you both seemed to get along fine." I thought back, sliding on the slippers of Emerie. I imagined her screams, her horrible screams as those bastards up in the mountains of Night Court clipped her wings. I summoned the water droplets, and froze them all mid air. They fell to the hard ground and shattered. Kana nodded again, "Which element have you used the most."

"Wind," I answered quickly. This one I knew. "Yet it only summons when I just know." Kana frowned, but her eyes lit. I asked, "Kana, if you could go back and have gone with your father, would you?"

"Absolutely not." She shook her head, and her eyes. Glowing almost, angry that I dare even ask. I waved my hands through the air, "If you had gone with him, you would be able to live, Kana."

"I have lived, I have lived as your guardian and sister." Kana's voice was stern, yet her eyes were warm. "That is enough for me, Feyre."

I sighed. Kana snorted, "I sent your friends to the orphanage today because Alvara is there today as well." I blinked, Alvara, I haven't heard that name before- "You mean the Illyrian Commander?!"

Kana smirked and sipped a tea that had appeared in her hands. I burst out laughing, and collapsed to the ground. My laughter echoed through the forest. "Cas is going to have his balls cut off."

Kana snorted, "Only if he can't keep his mouth shut."

✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ♞ ♝ ♜ ♛ ♜ ♝ ♞ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵

Rhysand's POV:

I watched the female lay Cassian on his ass, multiple times. Yet on some occasions Cassian would also win. Alvara, the Commander of the female Illyrian legion.

I watched my brother knock her in the face, I had been on the receiving side of those punches. Most of the time, when he landed those punches, it would knock the hell out of me, the fight would be over.

Alvara grinned, blood staining her mouth, those two were practically made for each other. She had Cassian pinned in a few seconds. The female helped Cas up. My brother grinned, "How in hell do you even move that fast?"

Alvara swatted, "It's a Valkyrie technique, called threading." Cassian's brows shot up, "Mind explaining how you know these techniques?" I brought my canteen up to my lips.

"High General Kana is the proud owner of the original codexes." I choked on the water I tried swallowing. Az coughed from beside me, "Those things have been missing since they got wiped out."

Alvara shrugged, "All I know is that The High General found them, and she's found a few other powerful things too. It's basically her thing at this point."

Az questioned, "And what might else she have?" Alvara frowned but said, "Kana and Reaper found it, but only General Nesta can use it. I think you all call it The Dread trove, The Harp."

Feyre had mentioned this before, we played it off. Acting like it was news to us. The female grinned at Cassian, "if you liked fighting me you should fight Nesta."

Az's brow rose, Alvara waved her hand and explained, "She lands me on my ass every single time, even with threading she still kicks my ass."

Cas engaged in a strategic conversation with Commander Alvara. I felt a pick of something, from Feyre. I tapped on her shields, Are you okay? I felt her tap in my presence, Yeah I'm fine. Kana is teaching me a few things. Sorry i disturbed you.

I kept my face calm, You can disturb me anytime you like sweetheart. She pushed me and my sensual tone out of her head. "Earth to Rhysie!" Cas said, waving his hand in front of my face.

I snarled at him, Az snorted. Cas crossed his arms, "So how's the waifu, you refuse to show us?" I glared at him, "There is no girl you need to be worried about. And secondly what the hell is a waifu/"

Az pressed his canteen to his lips, I guarantee he had a headache by now, I certainly. Az said, "How's Feyre?" I glared at him, Alvara said. "The Commander's back?"

I answer Az's question, "She's training with Kana on a few things." I glanced at Alvara, who was murmuring into her siphon. I arched a brow, "High General Kana found a way to link our siphons together. Because we aren't daemati we can just speak to whoever we want in the legion through our siphons."

Cas sniped, "Rhysie, what the fuck, why can't we do that?" I shook my head, Kana was on another level. It was like she was from a different world sometimes.

We chatted for a while with Commander Alvara, she invited us to see the training grounds. And to meet with a few of the higher ranks. Cas and Az quickly went with her, I, however, told the three of them I'd catch up with them later.

I stalked through the door of the mansion and peaked into the sitting room. A sight of pure bliss caught my eyes. Feyre holds the four main elements around her, Fire, water, earth, and air. Kana nodded and feyre let them dissipate. "Perhaps I should start sending you here to train more often." I teased. Feyre turned and blushed.

Kana smiled, "I would absolutely love the time to mess with my sister. So yes, I demand you send her to come see her lonely elder sister."

Feyre glared at her, yet was smiling softly. It was the most beautiful sight he'd ever seen. I cleared my throat, "I didn't want to push, but I would love to meet your legion."

Feyre smiled and nodded quickly. She waved at Kana before walking out of the room, grabbing my hand as she went. I watched her frown drop, I glared at her. "What's wrong?"

She let go of my hand, it took most of my concentration not to reach back out and wrap her hand within my own. She shook her head, "I knew Kana wasn't doing well, yet I heard her talking with someone in her office today."

I pulled my mate to a stop. She looked back at me, tears bleeding down her face. She whispered, barely audible. "The healers confirmed she wouldn't make it until the end of the year."

Silence. I pulled her into a soft hug, she sniffed and pulled away. "Come on, let's go see the elders." I blinked, remembering that 'elders' was the human given name to an extremely old fae. Like nine hundred years or older, for High Fae. It depended on the rest of the races for their age.

"How old are the Illyrian Elders?" I asked flaring my wings out a bit. Feyre glanced at me and answered, "I don't know exactly, but I think the eldest one is around a thousand three years old."

I nodded back at her. Feyre led us through the small town that she had been born in. I watched her point to a patch of grass. "I see you." A bark cut through the air and wolves bolted toward Feyre. Shad licked at her fingers. A water one, one with all the fluff in the world came and tickled my wings with her tail.

I backed away quickly, realizing the deadly thing she had figured out. She barked at me, tongue hanging out of her mouth, tail wagging ferociously. I pet her and whispered, "Keep it to yourself."

And an icey one came toward me. "This one is Frost right?" Feyre nodded and continued greeting her friends. I stood and the golden one decided he'd be standing next to me.

Feyre stood and the wolves flanked around her, we continued our walk. I took in the surroundings. Meters from us, was the outskirts of a small camp. "It's tiny."

"There are not even a thousand fae in my legion." Feyre's lips were pressed together tightly. I murmured, "And yet they are so strong, and so deadly." I watched Feyre nod, she opened her mouth, then shut it.

She'd tell me eventually. If she wanted to. At the moment she seemed more content spilling her secrets to Cassian. I pressed my lips together, shoving down the jealousy. Feyre would tell me if she wanted to.

"Welcome back, Commander." A female, a forest nymph, waved. She continued on her way. Completely ignoring me and carrying out whatever she had been on her way to do. A High fae made there was towards us, he was old, old enough he had wrinkles creasing his body at long last.

Gray hairs streaked through his dark brown. "Commander," The soldier greeted. "General Kana informed us of the threat of Tamlin."

They wouldn't call her out on torcher straight to her face. I watched her swallow, Feyre said. "Make usual preparations, if they come stick to th ehigher part of the trees."

The Elder nodded, he glanced at me. I watched him frown, "You are showing the High Lord around."

"I am." She declared flatly. The worry was wiped from his face, 'Very well, I'll leave you alone." The fae left. We explored the camp for a bit, I reached out for Az's mind. Where are you all?

We're still looking around the training grounds. It's about seven square miles of flat land, soldiers, mud, and tents. Nesta laid it out where all the soldiers have to do is line up and then they can leave, with or without the tents. Az explained. I sent him my awareness, and murmured with him. Kana is dying. She'll be gone by the end of the year.

I was met with silence. A small tendril of shadow came out and graced the leather on my boot. It was gone in an instant. I watched Feyre murmur with a few elders. Discussing something she prefer me not to hear.

So I stayed a reasonable distance away, just barely out of earshot. Az declared, My shadows think we should invite her to Velaris. My brother was rarely ever so blunt about what the shadows told him. I'll ask her, we'll figure something out if she doesn't want to come.

Az murmured, We can take turns winnowing Feyre out here. No room for argument, I sent my brother my agreement and pulled out of his mind as Feyre approached.

She didn't look happy. A red wolf trotted beside her. Maple, from the Autumn court. I frowned when she didn't look at me, "What's wrong?" Feyre shook her head, and glared up at the dusk stricken sky. "Tamlin sent a letter to Kana."

"So?" I smirked. "She'll probably just smartass her way out of it."

"Tamlin said he found a way to save her from the Ash wood. All she had to do was find me and turn me over." Feyre whispered tears streaming down her face. I watched a shadow split from the edge of my vision.

Tamlin was a male of limited days. I offered her my hand, and she took it. I winnowed the both of us to the mansion. To face the new dread of the world.

Hey everyone! I am soooooo sorry this chapter took so long. School has me really swamped at the moment. I hope everyone is doing great. Until today I didn't even realize we are almost at 600 reads!!! Thank you all!

Happy reads everyone!

: Dragon-Fly

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

1.8K 98 40
An lgbt twist on the ACOTAR series. [GxG] Two females, both grown up in separate but equally hateful worlds. Alirra never knew her family whilst she...
182K 4.6K 43
Briar Fortin is half Fae, half Illyrian. She lives in one of the smaller camps, but also one of the worst. When her father finds out about her secret...
28.2K 859 59
𝚊𝚣𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚕'𝚜 𝚜𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚡 𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚊 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ Astraea was banished to the Spring Court by Amarantha 𝟺𝟿 years ago. Feyre comes alo...
108K 3.1K 31
This takes place after ACOWAR (Characters belong to Sarah J Maas) Azriel x OC ----‐--------------------------------------------------- Prythian is in...