Love in the Big Apple

By thesuckyone

Julie Stobart had no idea when she walked into the pet store that her life was being changed forever. She qu... More

Some enchanted evening
Fate Steps In
Lucky Louie
Here comes the sun
Bewildered
Birthdays and Board Meetings
Vegetative State
Caramel Macchiato
Silent lucidity
Fate Steps in Again
Weekend Confessions
Glimpses of forever
Family photos
Baby Toes
The sun comes out
Home Sweet Home
School days
Rice and Showers
Caroline Marie
Baby Love
Quinn party of three
Dysfunction
Santa Baby
Mommy Dearest
Pocono
Tornado Carrie
War Games
Desperate Heart
Hold Me Now
No Apologies

Moving Along

1.9K 34 7
By thesuckyone

Time was passing by so fast. Julie was now 32 weeks along and feeling very awkward and huge but she loved being pregnant. Brian was so excited to become a Dad. They moved into their new place in Hoboken and were anxious to start working on Caroline's nursery. They had decided to paint her pink and teal and found the cutest owl bedding.

They had the guys and their significant others over on Saturday night after they'd settled in. It had been a few weeks since Bessy had seen Julie and she was shocked at how big her belly was. She joked about it being more than one. Dominic was getting so big and was already 5 months old. Julie held him and when she did Caroline would kick. Julie would push her hand into her belly and she would kick it. Brian loved feeling her kick. He would lean down and kiss her belly and talk to the baby and she would always get more active. Julie would tell him ,"she's already a daddy's girl."

After everyone left on Saturday, Julie was sitting in the nursery rocking in her new glider, rubbing her belly and talking to the baby.

"You know we can't wait to meet you baby girl. It's so hard to love someone and not be able to hold you and snuggle you and give lots of kisses." She looked up and Brian was standing in the doorway. He smiled at her.

"What are you smiling at?" She asked.

"You......just when I think it's not possible to love you anymore than I do, you go and find another way to make me fall even deeper."

Brian came and knelt on the floor in front of her and put his ear against her belly. She ran her fingers through his hair.

He looked up at her, "Julie do you have any idea how much I love you?"

"Well if it's even half as much as I love you, we're doing alright."

"Ya think so?" He smirked.

"I definitely do." She said.

He leaned up and kissed her.

Before he could even think about the words came out. "Marry me"

"What?" She was so shocked.

"Marry me. I love you, I couldn't ask for a better woman to spend my life with. We belong together. Let me make you an honest woman." He teased.

Julie rubbed her belly, "little late for that don't you think?"

Brian held her hands, "Julie, I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?"

Julie started to cry, "yes."

"Yes??" Brian said surprised.

"Yes. I will marry you." Julie said laughing through tears.

"Oh my God you said yes." Brian hugged her. "I promise I will never ever make you regret it."

"I just hope you don't regret it."

"Never."

Brian took Julie by the hand and led her out of the nursery.

Trust me, what I'm about to do to you, you don't want to do in the nursery.

Uh oh, should I be scared.

He led her to the bedroom, the Dr had given Julie the green light to resume all normal activity a couple of weeks prior, it was time to celebrate.

After their "engagement" celebrating they laid in bed together. Julie was cold and got up to get something to put on. The moonlight was coming through the window and caught Julie's silhouette. Brian was in awe.

"God you are beautiful." Brian said.

"You have to say that." Julie teased.

"No I don't." Brian said matter of factly.

"You really do look amazing. I don't know, there's something about seeing you pregnant and knowing you're carrying my baby. It's just crazy awesome."

Julie climbed back into bed and snuggled up next to him. He stroked her hair and she rubbed his chest.

"You keep doing that we'll be celebrating again." He said.

"Are you really going to marry me?" He kissed her.

"As long as you don't change your mind." Julie teased.

"That's never going to happen." Brian said

"Tomorrow before we go to the meet and greet, let's go buy you a ring and make this official." Brian suggested.

"Really?" Julie said excited.

"Absolutely. When people see you, I want a rock on your finger so the whole world knows you're taken and you're mine." Brian teased.

"You're so sweet. I love you."

"I love you too."

The next morning Brian woke up and got in the shower, Julie came in when she woke up a few mins later.

They got ready, Brian wore jeans, a tshirt and his favorite blue track jacket and of course his favorite boots. Julie was stressing, she felt like nothing looked good on her being this pregnant. She decided on maternity skinny jeans and a cute blue lace top with a matching tank underneath and a pair of flats. She was nervous and excited that Brian wanted her to be there with him for the meet and greet but she knew she would be under watchful eyes of all the fans.

She came out of the bathroom and Brian whistled at her," you are going to be such a milf."

"Brian!" She said surprised.

"What, you look so hot." Brian said pulling her hair back and kissing her neck.

"Oh no, we have a busy day ahead of us. None of that."she intercepted.

"Yes we do! I want a ring on your finger when we go to that meet and greet. I want the whole world to know." Brian insisted.

"And we need to eat. Caroline is hungry!" Julie said.

"Uh YEAH!" Brian agreed.

Their first stop was at a little diner not far from their new place. They sat down and their table was swarmed with fans.

Brian signed a few autographs and took a couple of pics. One girl sized Julie up and asked, if she was Brian's sister. Brian said, "I certainly hope not she's having my baby."

"Awww you're gonna be a Dad? That's so cool said one fan."

They looked at Julie," you're so lucky."

Julie smiled, "I am very lucky."

After breakfast they headed to the jewelry store. Brian kept telling Julie," I gotta put a ring on it before you change your mind."

They drove to Manhattan and ended up at a jewelry store owned by a friend of Brian's. Brian said, "whatever you want, I want to get it." Julie walked around and found a bridal set she absolutely loved. She tried it on and it fit perfectly. Brian saw it on her hand and he said, "yes that ring is you."

"But honey I'm pregnant, my fingers are puffy, once I have the baby the ring may be to big then."

"Then we can get it resized. Right?" Brian said looking at the salesman behind the counter.

"Oh definitely." Said the salesman.

"How much is this ring?" Julie asked.

The salesman started to answer her and Brian stopped him. "It doesn't matter. I love you, we can afford it and you deserve it."

"Brian we just bought our new place, we're furnishing the nursery." Julie said nervously.

"Julie, we got this." Brian said. He looked at the salesman, "we'll take it."

The salesman nodded and rang them up, "that will be 3,197.33."

Julie panicked, "Brian no!"

Brian handed the salesman a card from his wallet.

"Will that be credit or debit?"

"Debit is fine."

"Brian, please." Julie started to panic.

"Julie, please let me do this for you." "Why don't you go sit on the bench outside. I'll be right there." Brian asked.

Her feet were hurting so she agreed.

A few mins later Brian came out and sat next to her.

"Julie, we may not be Donald and Melania Trump, but between the tv show and our tours, I do pretty well." "We do pretty well." He nudged her.

"Other than a car I've never spent that much on anything." She said nervously.

Then you're long overdue.

Julie was wiping tears away and when she opened her eyes again, Brian was down on one knee. Holding her ring box open.

"Oh Brian, you don't have to do this."

"Shhhhhh." He said smiling.

"Julie Marie Stobart, until I met you, I had no idea what true love was. You have brought so much to my life. You're giving me a beautiful baby girl in a few weeks and you are so much more than I deserve. Would you do me the extreme honor of spending the rest of your life with me and marry me?"

Even though this technically was his second proposal, it felt brand new. He wiped the tears from her eyes. "Yes, yes, YES!!!!"

Brian put the ring on her finger.

"I love you so much." Julie wrapped her arms around him.

"I love you too." Brian held her tightly.

The meet and greet was only about 6 blocks away and they had time to spare. So they walked. It was a gorgeous fall day. Halfway to their destination though they were swarmed by fans on their way to the event. Brian leaned toward Julie, "let's grab a cab." She nodded in agreement. So she hailed a cab. Pregnant women always got one quickly.

They arrived at the TruTv studios where the event was taking place. The cab pulled up, Brian grabbed her hand, "you feel ok? You ready for this?"

Julie was terrified,"I'm nervous but I'm really happy."

"Don't be nervous, you're gorgeous and we're engaged and I can't wait to show you off."

"Let me be in the background." Julie said nervously.

"No problem, I want you to be comfortable." "Just know I love you."

"I love you too."

He opened the cab door and stepped out and came around and helped Julie out. He whispered in her ear,"that top Is so sexy on you." She smirked and thanked him. About that time there was a group of fans yelling to try to get Brian's attention. "Hey Q, we love you man." "Q can I get a pic with you?""Q you're my favorite joker." He tried to be gracious and polite but he wanted to get inside. The crowd made him nervous with Julie with him. He just wanted to get her inside.

"Thanks everybody, I'll see you inside." He waved, grabbed Julie's hand again and they rushed inside.

Julie got inside and Kelly was there.

"Kel! What are you doing here?"

Kelly smiled big and said, " I came with Sal."

Julie hugged her big,"omg you came as his date? This is great."

"Thanks love, I'm happy. I'm really happy. " Kelly said.

"I'm so glad. I'm happy for you both." Julie said.

About that time, Bessy and baby Dominic came in with Joe.

"Holy crap Juls, look at you. You're adorable!" Bessy hugged her.

The ladies sat in a green room while the guys did their meet and greet. At one point Julie got up to use the bathroom. Someone was using the bathroom in the green room so she asked where the public one was. She couldn't wait.

She walked out of the green room and was walking past the guys. Brian saw her and called her over. She walked over and Brian was asking her if she was ok, if she needed anything. She smiled and explained to him where she was headed. He made sure she felt she could find the restroom ok or needed help. She assured him she was ok. He said, when you get back, come see me. She nodded and hurried off to the bathroom.

On her way back from the bathroom Julie heard someone calling her name from the crowd waiting in line. She couldn't see who it was, so she just smiled and waved in the general direction it came from. Then he called her name again, "julie, hey over here."

Her heart stopped.....it was her ex-husband. Julie didn't know whether to hit him or laugh and walk away. He made his way to the edge of the line. "What are you up to? How Ya been? Then he realized her baby bump. "Wow you're having a baby."he said surprised.

"Uh yeah it appears that I am." She replied.

"Wow. Cool. So you here for the meet and greet?" He asked.

"Yes I am. Well my fiancé is here for the meet and greet I'm just here for moral support." Julie answered.

"Fiancé huh? That's great. I hope you're happy." He said.

"I definitely am. My life is great." She said smiling.

"Yeah I was married but it didn't work out."

"Sorry to hear that, well I need to get back to my fiancé. Take care." And she kept walking away and didn't look back.

When she got closer to the guys, Brian could see she had a weird look on her face. "You alright?" He asked her.

"Oh I'm fine but I just ran into my ex husband.."

"He's here?" Brian asked.

"Yep waiting in line to meet you guys."

"You have to give me a heads up when he's close to the front of the line.

"Was he an asshole to you, cos I'll have his ass thrown out." he assured.

"He was fine, I just have no need to chat with him." Julie stated.

One of the crew pulled up a chair near Brian and Julie sat down.

Can we get you something to eat or drink? They asked her.

"Oh no I'm fine thank you though." She answered.

Brian said, "bring her a water please."

Julie smiled,

She sat with Brian, Met a lot of his fans, enjoyed watching him interact with fans and the guys. Bessy brought Dominic out for a couple of minutes and pulled up a chair next to Julie. Kelly had to leave but said she'd be back. Julie leaned over to tell Bessy something and caught a glimpse of her ex standing in line. He was watching her. You could tell he was surprised she was behind the table. She leaned up and tapped Brian, "the guy in the blue plaid shirt, that's the ex. Brian looked and he was of course staring at Julie. Brian thought, "that's right bro, you dumped her and I've got her and I'm never letting go.' Brian refocused on the fans in front of him. He could tell Julie wanted no part of the ex. She was talking to Bessy and playing with Dominic. Oblivious to the fact that her ex was coming up to the table.

"Hey JuJu", he said from across the table.

"Hi again, and it's Julie."

"Did you win a contest to be here or something? " he asked.

"Uh no,." Julie answered curtly.

Brian looked up and winked at Julie and then looked at her ex, "how do you know my fiance?"

"You're fiance?" Evan questioned. "Julie you're engaged to Q?"

She held her hand up to show him the ring.

"So that's Q's baby?" Her ex asked.

Brian rubbed her belly, "yep, sure is."

"Wow Julie that's awesome. I'm happy for you. Means so much to me to see you happy." Evan said.

"Ok Evan well you take care." She said brushing him off.

"Can I talk to you for a sec?" Evan asked.

"We really don't have anything we need to talk about." Julie affirmed.

"I owe you such a huge apology." Evan said.

"My life is exactly where it's meant to be. "I'm very happy and I'm very loved."

"You deserve it." He said.

Brian stood up and blocked Evans view of Julie. He stuck his hand out to shake Evans hand. "Nice to meet you. Thanks for coming. "

"She's a great girl, take care of her." Evan said sounding a little remorseful.

Julie got up and walked away. Bessy handed the baby to Joe and she followed her. Brian wanted to go but had a line of fans.

"Brian, it's cool. I got her. "

Evan told Brian bye and walked away.

Bessy found Julie standing in a hallway.

"You ok?"

"I'm fine he just makes me so mad. I walked away so I didn't tell him what I really felt and I didn't want to cause a scene in front of the fans".

"The guy clearly is a dick trying to act like a nice guy." Bessy observed.

"I'm really not sad. My life is exactly where it's meant to be." Julie confirmed.

Evan came over and said , "Julie, I just really feel like I owe you an apology. What I did to you was horrible and it's haunted me every day since."

"Can you not see, I have moved on, I have a wonderful man to spend the rest of my life with. We're engaged, we're having a baby. My life is complete."

"Can't you just accept my apology?" He begged.

"Why so you can clear your conscious? you came home, it was just like any other day and you said horribly cruel things to me. I sat in our living room floor sobbing and you didn't even care. I don't accept your apology. I will never will and you know what. I'm going to leave here today, go home and live my happy life and not even think of you again."

"You should do the same."

Evan was stunned, the old Julie would have never said those things. She was a different person, a stronger person. All he could do was shake his head and walk away.

About that time the meet and greet had wrapped up the guys were standing up talking. Brian saw Julie and smiled. He never got tired of looking at her. She was his beautiful fiancé. He couldn't wait to make her his wife.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.1K 274 41
*Inspired by @BarbaraSuchecka* 'How many years have I been here? 5? 8? 15? I don't remember. All I know is, I'm never moving. Never.' 'Book One'
13.9K 200 42
You've just moved to New York, all you want is to move on and start something new. Life has been rough the past few years, after losing your mother t...
60.3K 598 24
Jacklyn Landry has been through hell. Most of that is her fault, but the four guys she PA's for don't help the situation. Will dating one of them tur...
109K 2.2K 52
Lauren never knew that when she bumped into somebody, her life would change forever.