Rice and Showers

The weeks were zooming by. The holidays were right around the corner. Brian and Julie were hosting Thanksgiving but the majority of the food was being prepped by Brian's Mom and Julie's sister. Brian had hired someone to come in and clean for them a couple of times a week. He wanted to make things as easy for Julie as possible.

Brian's parents arrived on Weds.afternoon and Carol got started on prepping food right away. Julie wanted to help, so Carol put her to work peeling potatoes. They sat and chatted and mapped out their Black Friday shopping. Julie wanted to get all her shopping done so she didn't have to worry about it later. Even If Caroline wasn't here before Christmas, Julie surely wouldn't feel like shopping anyway.

After they finished prepping, Carol and Julie were in Caroline's nursery. Carol sat down in the glider and said, "I can't wait to rock her in this chair."

Julie smiled, "I can't wait for you to either." About that time Caroline started moving and kicked Julie in the ribs. Carol saw the pain on her face.

"Oh my, are you ok? Bri....something's happening." Carol yelled out in panic.

"Oh Mom I'm ok, she just kicked me hard in the ribs." Julie said rubbing her belly.

Brian came running in.

"Everything's ok Brian, she just kicked me in the ribs.."

Brian rubbed her belly, "Caroline Marie Quinn, stop kicking your Mom."

He kissed Julie, "you sure you're ok?"

"I promise I'm great. She just kicked me right in the rib and it hurt. "

"I'm sorry Bri I saw pain on her face and thought she was going into labor. ". Carol said.

"Oh Mom, don't apologize." Julie said. "It kind of freaked me out too."

The ladies came into the living room.

"My feet are so swollen. I hate this." Julie said.

Brian motioned for her to put her legs up, so she did and Brian grabbed her feet and started giving her a foot rub, which immediately put her to sleep.

"Brian I can't tell you the joy it brings me to see you settled and happy." His Mom said.

"Thanks Ma, it's crazy, I never wanted this until I met Julie." Brian said looking over at her. Brian loved watching her sleep. It always reminded him of the first night they met, when he'd slept on her floor because he was afraid to leave her alone. How far they'd come.

Julie woke up a few mins later, "how rude, I'm so sorry." As she sat up.

"Oh honey, don't worry about it." Carol said,"I've been where you are more than once. Go lay down."

Julie looked at the clock, it was 9:45. "Well, it's after 9:30 so it's socially acceptable for me to go to bed." She joked.

"I'll be right behind you." Brian said

"No Hun, it's ok. Visit with your parents." Come when you're ready." She leaned over to kiss him good night.

"Alright, love you.", he kissed her belly, "Caroline, don't keep your mommy awake all night. "

Brian woke up first, he looked over at Julie, who was curled up against his side with her leg over his. She looked so sexy. If his parents weren't down the hall, he'd be waking her up with more than a glass of juice and a smile. He tried to slip out from under her, but she stirred.

"Good morning handsome." She smiled and rubbed his chest.

"Good morning sexy." He said taking her hand and placing it elsewhere.