The sun comes out

Julie woke up and realized Brian wasn't in bed. She rolled over and he wasn't in the room. She wondered where he was. She noticed a note on his pillow. Juls, ran down to Terry's room. Be back in a few. Text me if you need me. Love you.

She looked at the clock, it was 9:45. She really slept late. Yikes. She rolled back over on her back and laid there rubbing her belly. Right now it was still so hard to believe, there was a life growing inside her.

Brian came in a couple of mins later.

"Good news, we found a dr who can see us in an hour." He said sounding excited.

"Really?" She said jumping out of bed. Thank you so much." She said relieved.

"Anything for my babies." He kissed her and put his hand on her belly.

"I can't even tell you how lucky I feel to be your girlfriend. You are everything I ever hoped for but didn't think existed."

"That makes two of us."

"What you're lucky to be my girlfriend? She joked.

"You're funny." He said.

"I am lucky." She said.

"Well you can show me just how lucky later." He winked.

Julie grabbed a pair of capris and tank tops to put on. She was so nervous.

They went down to the lobby and Terry had a car waiting for them. They hopped and the driver knew where to go. Julie was so nervous. Brian was too but he did is best to hide it.

They pulled up in front of the Drs office. He took her hand and said, "and right here is where the real adventure begins."

She smiled and nodded. She was feeling nauseous again but she thought it was nerves more than anything.

They walked in and the office was empty. For a second they thought they'd gone to the wrong office and then a middle aged woman in a Drs coat came around the corner. She smiled at them kindly and said, "you must be Julie and Brian Quinn. Julie looked at Brian and he winked.

"Thank you so much for seeing us. We're going to be away from home for a couple of weeks and I didn't want her to worry the whole time." Brian said squeezing her hand.

"I completely under stand. Follow me please."

She took them to an exam room and asked Julie to come to the restroom and give a urine sample. Which she did. They stood right outside the bathroom and did a pregnancy test that turned positive in less than a minute. The Dr looked at Julie and said, "well you're definitely pregnant. Let's go get draw some blood and get an HCG number. That's the pregnancy hormone."

She took julie to a little lab area and there was a tech waiting. She drew Julie's blood and showed her back to the exam room where Brian was waiting. She told Julie to have a seat and the Dr would be back in a moment. She sat next to Brian and told him about the urine test and how they drew blood to check the pregnancy hormone and they were waiting on that.

A couple of minutes later, the Dr came in. Well, there's definitely a baby in there. As you saw your urine test turned positive almost immediately. We also got the blood test results and they came back very good too. Your levels are at 98000 which is right where we like them. So now if you'd like, I can do an ultrasound but it would have to be a vaginal one where I insert the instrument inside you. Brian wasn't sure about it but julie said,"if it's not to much trouble, I would be so grateful."

Julie also explained to the Dr that she'd been taking the depo shot for heavy periods and cramping and she was clueless how this happened. The dr didn't seem to surprised by that though. She said that while its a very low chance of conceiving, it's not impossible. Explained that the shots are good for 3 months at a time and when you're nearing the end of that time span, it opens up a small window of opportunity. It probably happened during that time. Especially if you weren't using any other protection.