Glimpses of forever

It had been a couple of months since Julie and Brian had met in the pet store. They were getting into a routine, spent as much time as possible together in the evenings after work during the week, and the weekends the guys weren't traveling. Joe's wife Bessy was about to deliver any day so they had slowed down on scheduling live dates so Joe could be sure he was here in town when she went into labor.

Julie was happy, more happy than she could ever remember being. It scared her some times. It scared her a lot of times. However, she didn't question it. Brian was very happy too. Life was good. They were so good together.

One evening as they were ending a date out on the town. Julie had decided to spend the night at Brian's, so they ran by her place to grab some clothes and check on Ollie. When she got to her door there was a letter taped to it. She grabbed it and opened the door to go in. She sat the mail and the door letter on the table. She ran into her bedroom to grab clothes for work tomorrow. Brian yelled in to her, "baby, do you think you should read this letter from your door? It looks official."

"Oh I'm not worried, they've been doing a lot of renovating to the units and building, it's probably another notice about something like that. She said coming back into the room with her overnight bag.

"Read it to me." She said just to appease Brian. She could tell he was concerned by her nonchalance.

Brian looked at it and said "oh fuck, I don't want to?"

Julie ran over and grabbed it from him.

"Dear tenant, the purpose of this letter is to advise you that this building has been sold to a new property management company. They are going to require all tenants to reapply and you must meet their tenant requirements to receive approval from them. They have informed us they are firm on the rule that they do not allow pets. Should you wish to not apply for residency with the new property owner, you must vacate by June 1st. We apologize for any inconvenience. "

Julie sat down and laid her head in her hand. "You've got to be kidding me." She sighed.

Brian tried to reassure her. "Come on it's going to be ok."

"That's easy for you to say, you and your cat aren't about to be homeless." "I spent 6 weeks on my sisters couch trying to find this place."

"Baby, you're with me know." He played and hugged her."I know people who know people." "We'll find you a place."

She hugged him back tightly. When she was in his arms, she always felt so safe. "Thank you." "You always make me feel better."

"Good! Now grab your bag and let's get movin." He said.

Julie tried to smile and be optimistic. All she could think about was losing her apartment. She loved her neighborhood. Now there was no telling where she would end up. She hated the uncertainty of everything right now. Brian could tell she was worried, he wished there was something he could do. Then it occurred to him. The perfect solution, he was just to nervous to bring it up just yet.

They sat on the couch and snuggled. Julie laid with her head in Brian's lap. He would always play with her hair and she loved it. She liked playing with his too. Around 11:30 they were getting ready for bed. He was taking a shower and Julie was brushing her teeth. She loved their comfort with eachother. They talked while Brian was in the shower about the plans that weekend. A couples baby shower for Joe and Bessy on Sunday and her Mom was in town visiting so they were going to her sisters house for lunch on Saturday. She was nervous for Brian to meet her family but it was time.

Brian finished his shower and pulled back the curtain, he caught a glimpse of Julie brushing her hair wearing one of his tshirts. He watched her for a second and she caught him. She stopped and smiled. He smiled back at her.

"What are you smiling about?" She asked.

"You." He replied

"Me? What about me?" She said unsure of what he was getting at.

"You're beautiful and I love you." He let the words slip out.

Julie stopped what she was doing and looked at Brian.

"You think I'm beautiful?" She walked over to a still dripping wet Brian.

He wrapped his arms around her waist. "I do."

Julie looked into his eyes and wrapped her arms around his neck. "You love me?"

Brian looked at her, pushed a strand of hair out of her face, held her face in both hands and kissed her. Took her right back to that first kiss standing in her apartment. He looked at her, smiled and said,"I do."

Julie couldn't help to tears that started to fall. She hugged him tightly and said, "oh Brian, I love you too."

"You do?" Brian teased.

"I definitely do."

He picked her up and carried her to the bed, "well I'm about to show you just how much I love you."

"Should I be scared?" She joked.

"You should be very scared, this could take awhile." He said with an impish laugh.

On a night that had been full of highs and lows. She couldn't asked for a better end to her day.

After they were wore out, Julie laid in Brian's arms.

"So you really love me?" Julie asked.

"You bet I do." Brian answered quickly.

"So I have a question for you." Brian said, you could hear the uncertainty in his voice. It panicked Julie for a second.

"Oooooo.....hhhhhhh......Kay........." Julie said wondering what it was.

Brian turned on his side to face Julie, he ran his hand down her arm slowly. He was stalling, he knew it, she knew it.

"Brian..... You're scaring me. What's wrong?"

"Oh baby, nothing is wrong, everything is right." He assured her.

"Ok so what did you want to talk to me about?" She said brushing her hand across his chest and shoulder.

He looked at her and smiled, "move in with me."

Julie was shocked, she wasn't sure what she thought he was going to ask but that wasn't it.

"What will your parents think?" She questioned" I haven't even met your family yet."

"I haven't met yours either." "What would your family say?" He asked back

"My family wouldn't care, you know my mom is a mess. My sister will say she just wants me to be happy."

" you don't think my family would want the same for me?" He asked

"Well of course they would want you happy, but they're good, God fearing people who go to church and pray." She said.

Brian chuckled, "they aren't like that. They're going to love you."

"Sooooooooo?" He said amusingly.

"but I feel like you're only asking because of my move out notice." Julie explained

"Julie all that did was give me the balls to ask you. If I'd had my way and wasn't wanting to seem like a creeper, I'd have probably asked weeks ago."

"Really?"

Brian hugged her and held her close. "Yes really."

"Ok yes!" She said.

"Yes?! " Brian confirmed.

" as long as you're sure." Julie stated

"I've never been more sure." Brian said kissing her softly on the lips.