Pocono

Julie woke up the next morning feeling well rested. Rollie had only woken up once during the night and Brian had gotten up with her. Brian was still asleep. She looked at the clock and it was 7:15. She knew the baby would be waking up any time. She got up, grabbed the baby monitor and jumped in the shower. She knew if she hurried she'd be able to get her shower in before she got fussy.

She finished in the shower and got dressed, she was surprised Rollie wasn't awake yet. She checked the monitor and she wasn't in her crib. She ran out of the bathroom and yelled for Brian. He was laying in bed with Caroline. Julie sighed in relief. She sat on the edge of the bed smiling. Caroline was undoubtedly a Daddy's girl. Brian was talking to her and she was staring at him. "You're my girl aren't you?" He would say. Rollie would study his face so intently. Today though he was playing with her nose and all of a sudden she smiled so big and let out a little laugh. Brian and Julie both jumped with excitement. Julie grabbed her phone to record it,"make her do it again!" Brian talked and played with her and she did it again. The sweetest sound either of them had ever heard.

Brian wasn't going to the set til lunchtime so he said he would stay home with Caroline and Julie could go to her Drs appointment herself. "Do I have time to maybe get a pedicure when I'm done?" She asked.

"Sweetheart, yes, go pamper yourself a bit. You've earned it." He said kissing her.

"Thank you so much." She kissed him again and then kissed Rollie. "Be a good girl for Daddy. I love you."

Julie's Drs appointment was at 9:00. She had a great check up. Everything had healed, she had lost all but 3 pounds of her pregnancy weight and she was feeling excellent.

"Well my dear, I think you have got the green light on everything." Dr Lills said. "However, you're not on any birth control so we can get you scheduled for your first shot in a couple of weeks, or put you on the pill, or you can use condoms."

"I'll be honest with you, we haven't even really discussed it yet." Julie said feeling a little embarrassed.

"Well that's normal, I would just say since you're not sure yet, use protection until you are sure. Your body is still getting back to normal and I've seen many women get pregnant right away and they're shocked."

" I will Dr Lills, thank you." Julie said.

She left the Drs appointment feeling unsure. She wasn't sure she wanted the shot but she knew it was to early to even think about another. Not to mention they were planning their romantic get away. She didn't want to ruin the mood.

In the meantime she stopped at her favorite spa and they squeezed her in for a bikini wax and pedicure. No way was she risking not looking perfect for Brian now that they were free to enjoy one another completely again.

She was on her way home and called Brian to check in, "hey gorgeous, how's it going to?" He asked.

"Good, I'm on my way home." She said cheerfully.

"Hey I talked to my mom, and she said they're free any weekend in the next 6 weeks. Looking at my calendar, I'm free this weekend and another weekend in 4 weeks. If she keeps her this weekend, my brother James and his family are coming to visit but said they wouldn't mind keeping Rollie at all. In fact I'm sure my niece and nephew would love to have a newborn to play with."

"what do you think? I don't want to overwhelm Mom and Pop." Julie asked concerned.

" trust me if my mom was worried, she'd have said no."he assured.

"Do you think we could get a reservation on such short notice?" She asked.

"I already and made tentative reservations." He said proudly.